Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? (7097 Views)

Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) / Thirteen Reasons Why The Doctrine Of Original Sin Is False / "original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2010
Yes i saw status, but you talked about 'worship of the status of the image'. That's a tad blind to me, and i'm like maybe you meant to say statue(like some christains worship statues). But Jesus is worthy of our worship. He never rejected worship while here on earth, nor does He reject our worship now. He is God, unlike angels or men like Paul and Peter who rejected worship, and are not to be worshipped.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2010
Maybe we need to do a lil grammar here. Can one really worship ' the status of the image'? It's a difficult construction. I think you can only worship Statue, Image, or Status but not any combination of them. Combination of any 2 of them might result in bad conjugation.

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2010
Jenwit may explain that one better, so we'll wait, but nonetheless. Jesus Christ deserves our worship and praise for He is God.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2010
Image123:

Yes i saw status, but you talked about 'worship of the status of the image'. That's a tad blind to me, and i'm like maybe you meant to say statue(like some christains worship statues).
What i meant by was, Jesus of the bible, that figure of worship, is the image whose status(lord, god, king of kings, saviour, etc. etc) you guys worship. Whatever you have been told by your religion that Jesus was or is, help form his image in your collective minds, and that image and it's status is what you all worship. I am talking about mental image now, not a physical one. And the image came from the white race, the colonialists to be exact. That image will never give you or any other christian salvation. Not ever.

Image123:

But Jesus is worthy of our worship.
In your own mind, perhaps. You are the one, out of your own volition, who wants to do the worshiping. Jesus never asked anybody to worship him. This is not biblically supported. Follow me does not necessarily has to mean, worship me.

Image123:

He never rejected worship while here on earth, nor does He reject our worship now.
He did not? Show me where he accepted your worship in your bible. I am waiting.

Image123:

He is God, unlike angels or men like Paul and Peter who rejected worship, and are not to be worshipped.
Can you substantiate that claim with your bible? I am waiting.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by yommyuk: 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2010
Matthew 2:2
"Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star as it rose, and we have come to WORSHIP him."

The star they saw was not an ordinary star. The star was placed by God to lead the wise men to the Messiah in Bethlehem. That is why the bible said King Herod was deeply disturbed. Why? He knew of the prophecy that a ruler will come out of Bethlehem, in the land of Judah who will become the Shepherd of God's people, Israel.

Matthew 2:10-11
Comfirms that the star led the wise men to the house where Jesus was born. What did they do when they set their eyes on the King of Kings and Lord of lords? They bowed down and worshipped him. Then they opened their treasure chest and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. Gifts fitting for a KING as confirmed in Psalms 72:9-11

Matthew 15:24-25
Then Jesus said to the woman,"I was sent only to help God's lost sheep- the people of Israel."
But she came and worshipped him, pleading again, "Lord, help me!"

In Matthew 15: 28 Jesus told the woman that because of her faith in him, her requested is granted. And instantly her daughter was healed.

Matthew 28:8-9
The women ran quickly from the tomb. They were very frightened but also filled with great joy, and they rushed to give the disciples the angel's message. And as they went, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they ran to him, grasped his feet, and worshipped him.

The disciples knew that Jesus was killed, dead and buried. They even knew where he was buried. So imagine seeing him again, raised from the dead, alive and kicking. This occurrence is what transformed the disciples (especially Peter) from timid disciple to a bold and courageous one. The books of Acts testifies to this fact.

Need more scriptural proof? I have got more in abundance for you @Jewitemi
The above is baby milk. If you want raw or cooked meat, seek and u shall find.

God bless ur soul cool
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by yommyuk: 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2010
back to the main question : "Is Everyone born with original sin?"

Psalm 51:5
For I was born a sinner- Yes, from the momment my mother concieved me.

Here the Psalmist is acknowledging the depth of his sinfulness. From the time we are concieved, we all share in the human condition of sinfulness.
But Glory be to God who has given us who believe in Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit which renews and recreates our human spirit hence making us born again.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2010
Jenwitemi must earth's most foolish human being alive thinking he can cure y'all of your imported whiteman mumbo-jumbo. No be only original sin, what about counterfeited sin.

Bunch of brainwashed christian goons.

You fools are born with new-improved original sin, just as Jesus is a blue-eyed blondie and God's beard is snow-white.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 12:16am On Jul 19, 2010
Thanks yommyuk for the reply to Jenwitemi. Hope He can see it though. Obviously Jesus is Lord and deserves our worship. And yes again, ALL have sinned and come short of God's glory.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by kenyaman: 2:10am On Jul 19, 2010
Please do not post your Bible classes to me I am not your audience for such I position. Keep your faith in your corner please. I am here for the topic I gave you only. Part of your faith is to respect freedom of faith and religion.

Kenyaman
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by nopuqeater: 4:40am On Jul 19, 2010
@Yummyuk: « #68 on: Yesterday at 08:41:17 PM »
"Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star as it rose, and we have come to WORSHIP him."And Jesus denied being the king of the Jews. He never at one time say "wordhip me". Rather he worshipped "Eloi". It is not unusual for a people to mislabel an individual. But if the individual knows that he was being mislabeled, he will rebuff the people from continuing their silliness. Let me give you an example on Nairaland; Some young women, serious about it or not say Seun the admin is their boyfriend, husband, etc. If Seun had said yes to it, then who can say that she or they and Seun are not in relationships. Yet they may not, so by Seun ignoring such a proposal, it at least does not validate such idea that is put forward by the women for fun or hope. This is similar to Jesus saying am no King and the observance of worship of Eloi.

The star they saw was not an ordinary star. The star was placed by God to lead the wise men to the Messiah in Bethlehem. That is why the bible said King Herod was deeply disturbed. Why? He knew of the prophecy that a ruler will come out of Bethlehem, in the land of Judah who will become the Shepherd of God's people, Israel.
Ridiculous opinion about the star. But did Jesus lead the Israelites? Did he rule the Israelites? No is the answer for each, so the prophecy was not fulfilled on Jesus. No wonder they Jews are still looking for somebody else. If Jesus was their man they are looking for, he already gone and it proves that the Bible was tampered with because the prophecy does not fit Jesus and Jesus did not fulfill it.

Comfirms that the star led the wise men to the house where Jesus was born. What did they do when they set their eyes on the King of Kings and Lord of lords? They bowed down and worshipped him. Then they opened their treasure chest and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. Gifts fitting for a KING as confirmed in Psalms 72:9-11
The wise men could not be more than Jewish Rabbis. Or were they from a different planet or people other than the Jews? If they worshipped him, will that not be against the 10 commandments? The NT is full of lies if this Matthew 2, verses 10 and 11 are considered in proper Jewish light. How many lords are there that Jesus was the lord of lords, except the Bible's new Testaments are just making it up? So Solomon, or David received less than Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh, though they are actually kings, unlike the king without a throne, you want us to believe he is a king? Where was his throne then? And where did he reign from, when Herod was the King?

Then Jesus said to the woman,"I was sent only to help God's lost sheep- the people of Israel."
I will not even correct anything here, but did anyone notice that finally Jesus said he was sent? People who are sent are messengers or servants or slaves, but never an equal. They always have a message that they were sent upon. It means therefore Jesus was a slave of the One Who sent him, with a Message. Whats the text of the message, except that it will be original Gospel, if we can find anything about it in the NT. Is there any way that the woman can worship Jesus and he accepts it? If he did why called himself in relationship to God; Jesus Your sevant who You sent? Is Jesus God, or Servant of God? When the Christians open their behind so wide, we must kick it hard for them.

In Matthew 15: 28 Jesus told the woman that because of her faith in him, her requested is granted. And instantly her daughter was healed.
How instant, especially when the sick girl was not there at the place of begging the servant of God, who you now call god? Many prophets healed people by power of God. Thats why its miracle. Does miracle qualifies a godly man to be God? What about Moses who saved the Israelites from peril, at least from drowning, since the Egyptians drowned after that?

The women ran quickly from the tomb. They were very frightened but also filled with great joy, and they rushed to give the disciples the angel's message. And as they went, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they ran to him, grasped his feet, and worshipped him.
They worshipped the "servant" of God, instead of the God Who sent Jesus? Thats Idolatry. And am sure Jesus did no accept such a worship. He must have disallowed it, otherwise he knows he will become their idol.

The disciples knew that Jesus was killed, dead and buried. They even knew where he was buried. So imagine seeing him again, raised from the dead, alive and kicking. This occurrence is what transformed the disciples (especially Peter) from timid disciple to a bold and courageous one. The books of Acts testifies to this fact.
Is a dugout/cave now a dug up earth that is a grave? Did anyone cover the dead body with earth from the grave they now put him? Of course there was no grave and they didnt cover him with any earth. At best, put him in a cave, and watched over him, so much so that they knew they can now prepare oil to rub his wounds, and aching body from the beating and the whole ordeal. Why didnt bury him, instead try to heal him? They knew he was alive, not dead, because jews dont rub oil on their dead. They bury it as soon as possible.

If Jesus accepted worship, when he said he was the servant that God sent, wouldnt those who worshipped him be worshipping God's servant sent to them, instead of the God Who sent him to them? Is this the way you honor God, except that you are a disbeliever? I guess your baby milk is sour, spoiled, bad milk that can poison the drinker. You need to purge your stomach if you are still drinking it, because it will lead you to a bad end.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by yommyuk: 6:58am On Jul 19, 2010
I love NL. Why? Because it is a place where I can converse with different kind of people that I would not normally have the opportunity to in real life scenario . Kudos to Seun.

Asamalalekun @ nopuqeater.
I made a conscious decision to quickly do some background check on you in order to know who I am really going to deal with. My findings revealed that I will be dealing with a Muslim. A hardcore one! One who does not recognise my Lord Jesus Christ as the Messiah. One who does not acknowledge that Jesus is the son of God. One who does not believe that Jesus is the Saviour of the world. One who is thinks Jesus and Moses are on the same level. One who totally disagrees with the core fundamentals of my faith?
How do I communicate with such a person? Luke 12:11-12 said I should not worry about how to defend myself or what to say, for the Holy Spirit will teach me what needs to be said.

The Word of God said in 1 Tim 1:6-7 “But some people have missed this whole point. They have turned away from these things and spend their time in meaningless discussions. They want to be known as teachers of the Law of Moses, but they do not know what they are talking about, even though they speak so confidently”

My decision is to apply 1 Timothy 6:20-21 which states:” Timothy (Yommyuk), guard what God has entrusted to you. Avoid godless, foolish discussions with those who oppose you with their so-called knowledge. Some people have wandered from the faith by following such foolishness”

Therefore I refuse to be drawn into foolish ramblings and I shun all foolish controversies and disputes you (@nopuqeater bring forth in Jesus Name.

God bless your Soul in Jesus Name
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:23am On Jul 19, 2010
Still waiting for that scriptural text that quotes Jesus saying that he should to be worshiped by all. All the scripture quotes you have posted here are nothing but dross. No single text proved that Jesus wanted to be worshiped, but rather that others wanted to worship him of their own volition. Others like you guys.

You have not provided any valid proof. You are just grasping at straws. Please try again. Goodluck! grin
yommyuk:

"Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star as it rose, and we have come to WORSHIP him."

God bless your soul cool
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:28am On Jul 19, 2010
The only people who were born with the original sin are the ones who believe in the concept. So therefore, only christians suffer and labour under it, or at least christians who believe in it. Maybe the jews do too, only jack knows.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2010
@Jenwitemi
The Bible says in Isaiah 9 vs 6: For unto us a Child is born, and unto us a Son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulders, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
If you refuse to worship him, then one day you'll have some regrets.
Note also that it is written: At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow.
Finally, I hear you're a wannabe atheist (whether it is true or not I don't know unless you tell me), that's very good. I don't know the extent of your knowledge but if I engage you in that regard, it might be the most interesting and life-changing chat you ever had. When I was younger I also tried being one and read hundreds of books. Then I read philosophy(major) and psychology(minor) in the University and chaos was complete.
Look to Jesus for the salvation of your soul or better still, read the Bible side by side most of those books that interest you, only read them all with an open mind.

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2010
Jenwitemi. You've refused to understand simple facts, like the Bible is taken as one. The same Word, the word of God. It's not a book of 'i believe only the words in red, the other words are not true'. Without such basic knowledge, it'll be pointless to point out 12scriptures to you showing what you want to see, for you would not see.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2010
I dont really know your point. but if your reference to umblical cord etc was to make Jesus appear a sinner, Youre making a mistake. Jesus did not have sin in his blood. A child gets his blood from the father and not the mother biologically , so Mary is disconnected from being the source of Jesus blood. You can trace parterniny of a child through the blood for this reason. But since Joseph was not involved in the conception of christ. He also is disconnected from Jesus blood.

So where did the blood of Jesus come from?. It came from thesame source of his life. "The Word" through the holyghost. Mary and Joseph's blood was infested with the original sin of Adam. If the blood of Jesus had come from either of them, Jesus would not have been qualified to save us because his blood would have been un acceptable for sacrifice. And that would also have meant that any other person could have died for us. You trmple upon the blood of Jesus and its purity to equate his blood to the fallen man's blood and to labell Christ a sinner.
from joagbaje

Jesus christ has two natures as properly enunciated by the council of chalcedon in 451CE.
He is fully God and Fully Man.The Godly part of him obviously came from God the father,the Human part of him came from the virgin Mary.His physical Flesh and blood was goten from the Virgin Mary .That was why Mary was conceived immaculately in preparation for her role in the incarnation of our Lord Jesus.

I t is quite ridiculous for anyone to claim Jesus did not receive his flesh from the virgin Mary.

A child gets his blood from the father and not the mother biologically , so Mary is disconnected from being the source of Jesus blood

I don't beleive someone who went to a university would type this.You mean to tell me you did not get any hereditary traits from your mother?Did You study biology at all in school ?

Does God being a spirit have flesh and blood?why do you think Jesus was born by a woman ?God could have just given him flesh and blood and sent him from heaven down to earth
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2010
I love it when these Jesusbots try to preach their religious doctrines to me. grin

If you and your fellow religious zealots don't get out of your religious stupor, we will all have regrets in the future.
precap2:

Not Jesus who wants to be bowed to, but you and your ego. You and your ego are the ones who gets a rush out of being bowed to.
precap2:

Where did you hear that one from? I am neither an atheist nor a wannabe one(whatever that is).
precap2:

Finally, I hear you're a wannabe atheist (whether it is true or not I don't know unless you tell me), that's very good.

You can engage me as a theist who does not believe in the Abrahamic religions in any way imaginable.
precap2:

I don't know the extent of your knowledge but if I engage you in that regard, it might be the most interesting and life-changing chat you ever had.

Meaning you couldn't handle what you read, right? So you chose the cheapest and easiest option, the bible. Am i correct? Wrong choice, buddy.
precap2:

When I was younger I also tried being one and read hundreds of books. Then I read philosophy(major) and psychology(minor) in the University and chaos was complete.

I don't need to "look" at the images of Jesus, provided by white slave traders, to find salvation,buddy. And definitely, don't need to read that vile book called, the "holy" bible.
Holla
precap2:

Look to Jesus for the salvation of your soul or better still, read the Bible side by side most of those books that interest you, only read them all with an open mind.

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by nopuqeater: 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
@yummyuk: « #74 on: Today at 06:58:21 AM »
I love NL. Why? Because it is a place where I can converse with different kind of people that I would not normally have the opportunity to in real life scenario . Kudos to Seun.

Asamalalekun @ nopuqeater.
I made a conscious decision to quickly do some background check on you in order to know who I am really going to deal with. My findings revealed that I will be dealing with a Muslim. A hardcore one! One who does not recognise my Lord Jesus Christ as the Messiah. One who does not acknowledge that Jesus is the son of God. One who does not believe that Jesus is the Saviour of the world. One who is thinks Jesus and Moses are on the same level. One who totally disagrees with the core fundamentals of my faith?
How do I communicate with such a person? Luke 12:11-12 said I should not worry about how to defend myself or what to say, for the Holy Spirit will teach me what needs to be said.

The Word of God said in 1 Tim 1:6-7 “But some people have missed this whole point. They have turned away from these things and spend their time in meaningless discussions. They want to be known as teachers of the Law of Moses, but they do not know what they are talking about, even though they speak so confidently

My decision is to apply 1 Timothy 6:20-21 which states:” Timothy (Yommyuk), guard what God has entrusted to you. Avoid godless, foolish discussions with those who oppose you with their so-called knowledge. Some people have wandered from the faith by following such foolishness”

Therefore I refuse to be drawn into foolish ramblings and I shun all foolish controversies and disputes you (@nopuqeater bring forth in Jesus Name.

God bless your Soul in Jesus Name
God didnt finish talking through Jesus His servant who He sent, and now talking through Timothy a follower, at best of Jesus? Is anything from Timothy ever from God? No. Why; Timothy is not a direct elect of God, like Moses, or Jesus was. Rather Timothy was a disciple or apostle, using Christian lingo, of Messenger, always servant[s] of God, Who sent the servant[s].
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by nopuqeater: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Precap2: « #77 on: Today at 09:48:56 AM »
@Jenwitemi
The Bible says in Isaiah 9 vs 6: For unto us a Child is born, and unto us a Son is given,
This could apply to all the prophets, ok, male nobilities of Israel after Isiah made that speech. David, Solomon are more qualified to be the person spoken about by the event of the following. Read on.

and the government shall be upon his shoulders,
David was a governor because he was a king. He made Rules. So was his son, Solomon. Jesus was not a king, or a ruler. Show me his kingdom and where did he rule?

and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
No Jew or child of isreal accepted this for Jesus or anyone else. So what became the prophesy of Isiah as stated? It has not happened if one part of it is unfulfilled.

Who wrote the every knew shall bow stuff? Was Jesus aware of it, or some guy is saying it after Jesus was "raised up" by God? Such a statement is clearly idolatry, which opposes the 10 Commandments.

Finally, I hear you're a wannabe atheist (whether it is true or not I don't know unless you tell me), that's very good. I don't know the extent of your knowledge but if I engage you in that regard, it might be the most interesting and life-changing chat you ever had. When I was younger I also tried being one and read hundreds of books. Then I read philosophy(major) and psychology(minor) in the University and chaos was complete.

Holla!
You sir should read the Bible and read the Quran along and see where the outcome will lead you.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 20, 2010
Jon.Bee:

Jenwitemi must earth's most foolish human being alive thinking he can cure y'all of your imported whiteman mumbo-jumbo. No be only original sin, what about counterfeited sin.

Bunch of brainwashed christian goons.

You fools are born with new-improved original sin, just as Jesus is a blue-eyed blondie and God's beard is snow-white.

GBAMM!!!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 1:52am On Jul 21, 2010
There is NONE righteous, no not one. They which are the children of the flesh, these are NOT the children of God. All have sinned and need to repent and be converted for the kingdom of God is at hand. Atheists repent, backsliders repent, unbelievers repent, is.lamists repent. Only Jesus can save. No amount of morality, cleverness, ideal, inquiries and imaginations can save or satisfy. Only Jesus is Saviour.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by vescucci(m): 10:38am On Jul 21, 2010
Hey, Image. If you don't mind me asking but save from what/who?
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
Jesus is all round omnipotent saviour. He can save you from anything. Primarily, He can save from Sin, He can save from Sickness, He can save from Satan, He can save from God's wrath/judgement against sinners, He can save you from Self, He can save from Society, He can save you from subtle sinners.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 9:48am On Jul 23, 2010
Image123:

Jesus is all round omnipotent saviour. He can save you from anything. Primarily, He can save from Sin, He can save from Sickness, He can save from Satan, He can save from God's wrath/judgement against sinners, He can save you from Self, He can save from Society, He can save you from subtle sinners.

He can also save someone here from being vain. frivolous and naughty.

Now that the wannabe atheists and intellectuals are out (or cooling off), can we continue this discussion in the fashion of the topic without distraction?

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by vescucci(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2010
Lol, Image. We're all in this shithole called earth together. Anything religion offers is of the next world. So you can cancel the rest. The one I'm concerned about is God's wrath. Jesus can save me from himself or his father, depending on your view and understanding of trinity. Correct?
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2010
Vesc
We're all on earth together, but there is hope. There's hope in this world and hope in the afterlife. This hope is Jesus. Ever heard that song, 'my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus'? He's the hope of the hopeless and the hope of the nations, the hope for our generation. Jesus is more than religion. Actually, pure religion before God involves keeping oneself unspotted from the world(James 1v27). The world is plagued by sin, sickness, judgement, sinners etc as i've mentioned before. Jesus can save us from ALL these. Like you asked, He can save us from the wrath of God coming on this world. That's why pure religion keeps itself unspotted from the world. The world is condemned and under impending judgement. Only Jesus can save from it. Take for example, someone wants to deal with you, and He's stronger than you. It's wise if you could connect to a relative of his who could pacify him on your behalf. That's what Jesus does.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2010
You may likely ask why, what have i done, why's He coming to judge me? Good question, but regardless of the answer, it's more important to acknowledge the judgement AND look for a way of escape. That's wisdom. You know, you may be told why God wants to judge the world and still be judged/condemned. You may even produce a defence for why you shouldn't be judged and still be judged/condemned. You may even be ignorant of the coming judgement(but you're not) and still be judged. But you cannot ask for mercy and still be judged/condemned. Jesus promised saying whosoever believeth will not perish, and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out. All you need to do is come. Whosoever confesses and forsakes his sins will have mercy. God is a God of judgement. But He's also a merciful God. His mercies are tender, and they are for now. Judgement is for later. We can all escape God's judgement now.(Romans 8v1).
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by nopuqeater: 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2010
The Christians and the people who accept that they have sinned because they believe that that Adam's and Eve's sins are inherited by them are the ones who are with ORIGINAL SIN. We in Islam do not believe in the transference of sin, hence we do not believe and we do not have ORIGINAL SIN.

Though we are slaves, our condition is far better than the conditions of the people who say they are sons and daughters of God, yet they carry ORIGINAL SIN on their head.

The situation of Adam and Eve gave us the condition of sin, which is disobedience of God's Commandment. It also gave us a way to get Mercy by seeking forgiveness after the sinful deeds.

I can change my situation with God, directly. I do not need a medium. And I do not need to kill somebody, or somebody being killed for me. I talk to God directly using the Road Map He gave; The Quran under the process that His Messenger followed. I follow it, step by step, foot by foot.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by buss: 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2010
This is the concept which branded humanity with the stigma of instinctive sin or hereditary criminality on one hand and the redemption of man through crucifixion on the other hand. Man is considered to be under a divine curse as a result of the disobedience of Adam and Eve in heaven while this divine curse is removed by the death of Jesus Christ on the cross. This concept is the foundation of faith in Christianity.

Deuteronomy 24 vs 16 say “The Father shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the father, every man shall be put to death for his own sin.”

Jeremaiah 31 vs 30 say; “But everyone shall die for his own iniquity…” Also, Ezekeil 18 vs 20 says: “The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.”

So, Adam and Eve were responsible for their own sin which has been forgiven by Allah according to the divine revelation of the Holy Qur’an. The sin of Adam and Eve has nothing to do with their children according to the verses of the Bible quoted above. Also, Jesus Christ need not atone for anybodies sin.

In the New Testament, the concept of Original sin and atonement was also debunked. Children were referred to as without sin. Read Matthew 19 vs 14: “But Jesus said, suffer little children not and forbid them not to come unto me, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.”

This is an indication that everybody is born without sin and all children belong to the kingdom of Heaven. So, it is erroneous to believe to believe that every man born into this world is a sinner because of the inherited sin from Adam and Eve.

From the Islamic perspective, the concept of Origin sin and Atonement has no basis. It is a fact that Adam and Eve erred when they were put in paradise but they were forgiven by Allah, their Lord. Allah informed us in Qur’an 2 vs 35-37 that; “ And We said; “ O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the garden and eat of the bountiful things therein as you will but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression.” Then did satan make them slip from the garden and get them out of the state of felicity in which they had been. And we said: “Get ye down, all with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be you dwelling place and your means of livelihood for a time.” Then learnt Adam from his Lord certain words and his Lord pardoned him, verily, He is the One who forgives and the most merciful.

According to Islamic teachings, every man is born in a natural state of purity or fitrah. Whatever becomes of man after birth is the result of external influence and not innate. The Prophet (sallahu alayhi wasallam) was reported to have said: “Every infant is naturally born as a muslim (submitting to the will of Allah without sin) but it is his parents who turn him into a Jew, a Christian, or a Magian.”

This is an indication that human nature is malleable. Man is imperfect and fellible but these are not equivalent to instinctive or hereditary sin.

‘Sin’ according to Islam is a deliberate and conscious violation of the unequivocal laws of Allah. Sin is acquired, not innate, avoidable and not inevitable. Man has the potentiality of committing sin, but this is not greater than his potentiality of being pious or good. If he chooses to actualize the potential of sin instead of goodness, he will be adding a new external element to his pure nature. For this, he alone is responsible.

The doctrine of Original Sin and Atonement is erroneous, because, if man is a sinner or criminal by nature, God’s purpose will be pointless and man’s responsibility will be in vain. Also, making a man to atone for his sins of others is injustice.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by BillyHobe: 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2010
Jesus angered with the passion for God, and not for himself out of his own ego, but for the righteousness of God Not only in the temple overturning the money tables, but also when it was said of them from Nazareth (which were the true followers of God), what good can come of a Nazarene. this was not imputed as sin unto Him. for His actions were pure of heart.

YES the Sins the FATHERS are UPON the CHILDREN. That is as long as the fathers  they keep teaching their sins to the children, (Whosoever teaches so much as one of these little ones that loves Jesus to sin it would have been better for him  if a millstone were hung around His neck and he were cast into the sea. Every man shall be put to death for his own sin, and not the sins of their father So (break the chain).

As long as you sin you are following the teachings of Satan! then you are teach to do so, even to your own children , leading them into the captivity of Satan. He who leads into captivity shall be lead into captivity!
That is why they have multiplied their sins unto this very day, that their sins reach up unto heaven itself.

Today they even go as far as to teach right is wrong, and wrong is right, unto the children. Jesus said you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free! So if the children are taught lies, they shall grow up to be the slaves of the lies they are taught, Beware for he who leads into captivity, shall be lead into captivity.

Also Today the employers and the like, hold back the wages that are rightfully owed of them, destroying the economic credit of them they owe their very existence to! God forbid this, pay them while they are in the way with you, (them who you owe)!
Understand this:  when the Lord returns (very soon) we will then witness the anger of the Lord first hand!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by nopuqeater: 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2010
^^^ For the christians; they do inherit sin from others. te reason they are seeking somebody else to take the blame or punishment on their behalves.

For us in Islam, we do not inherit any sin. The sin we carry is committed by us, individually. The Mercy we seek is according to the individual. There is no collective sin and punishment for us. Especially something we were not even alive to partake in.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 8:58am On Jul 26, 2010
nopuqeater:

^^^ For the christians; they do inherit sin from others. te reason they are seeking somebody else to take the blame or punishment on their behalves.

For us in Islam, we do not inherit any sin. The sin we carry is committed by us, individually. The Mercy we seek is according to the individual. There is no collective sin and punishment for us. Especially something we were not even alive to partake in.

May I let you know that Christians don't inherit any sin from anyone. It's Roman Catholics that inherit sin based on their doctrine. And Roman Catholics have nearly the same doctrine as Muslims, from repetitive prayers to counting beads, to names like Fatima and the likes. We Christians don't inherit no sin brother.
Don't forget that its Catholics that made Muhammad rich and equipped him to fight and deliver Jerusalem to them, before the inevitable catastrophe. If you be a good Muslim you should know the rest of the story. The Christians you fight are the quasi-christians known as Roman Catholics.

Holla!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses....why Were They Not Canonized Into The Bible? / Jihad: The Sixth Deadly Pillar Of Islam / Is Midnight Prayer More Effective Than Day Time ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.