Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? (7106 Views)

Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) / Thirteen Reasons Why The Doctrine Of Original Sin Is False / "original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by 5solas(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2010
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me (Romans7:21).
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by nopuqeater: 12:15am On Jul 27, 2010
@Precap2: « #95 on: Today at 08:58:07 AM »
May I let you know that Christians don't inherit any sin from anyone. It's Roman Catholics that inherit sin based on their doctrine. And Roman Catholics have nearly the same doctrine as Muslims, from repetitive prayers to counting beads, to names like Fatima and the likes. We Christians don't inherit no sin brother.
Precap2, the brew that you drank must be the type that intoxicates. Are you sure Catholics are not Christians? Where did the protestants shear from, except from Catholicism? This alone shows that all your other statements do not make any sense. Yet I will respond to them all; The catholics believe Jesus and his mother to be a way of prevention of sin. The protestants believe Jesus to be a way of prevention of sin. The muslims do not believe either one of the son and mother combo can do anything. Muslim depends on God, Alone. Muslims daily prayers are different from one prescribed Salah to the other.

Muslims pray at east 5 times within 24 hours. Many muslims pray more than that. Beads are not required in Islam. I dont use any beads, at all. Yet my prayers, by Allah are not deficient because of no beads. Fatima is the name of the daughter of Muhammad (AS), and the Spanish catholics must have retained it because the Muslims ruled Spain for close to 800 years. And to deny that you are not a sinner from Adam, according to your Bible is pure lack of ignorance on your part or you are clearly denying the obvious. You need to read the Bible, again, and you find that it is because of this inheritance of sin that you guys say Jesus came to carry on his head your sin.

Don't forget that its Catholics that made Muhammad rich and equipped him to fight and deliver Jerusalem to them, before the inevitable catastrophe. If you be a good Muslim you should know the rest of the story. The Christians you fight are the quasi-christians known as Roman Catholics.
The drink must be strong. This is the reason you put the two bolded in the same sentence. If only Muhammad (AS) had been rich many years into his prophethood. And Muhammad (AS) died poor. What a lie coming from your mouth.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Precap2: « #95 on: Today at 08:58:07 AM »Precap2, the brew that you drank must be the type that intoxicates. Are you sure Catholics are not Christians? Where did the protestants shear from, except from Catholicism? This alone shows that all your other statements do not make any sense. Yet I will respond to them all; The catholics believe Jesus and his mother to be a way of prevention of sin. The protestants believe Jesus to be a way of prevention of sin. The muslims do not believe either one of the son and mother combo can do anything. Muslim depends on God, Alone. Muslims daily prayers are different from one prescribed Salah to the other.

Muslims pray at east 5 times within 24 hours. Many muslims pray more than that. Beads are not required in Islam. I dont use any beads, at all. Yet my prayers, by Allah are not deficient because of no beads. Fatima is the name of the daughter of Muhammad (AS), and the Spanish catholics must have retained it because the Muslims ruled Spain for close to 800 years. And to deny that you are not a sinner from Adam, according to your Bible is pure lack of ignorance on your part or you are clearly denying the obvious. You need to read the Bible, again, and you find that it is because of this inheritance of sin that you guys say Jesus came to carry on his head your sin.

The drink must be strong. This is the reason you put the two bolded in the same sentence. If only Muhammad (AS) had been rich many years into his prophethood. And Muhammad (AS) died poor. What a lie coming from your mouth.

You are allowed the liberty to say whatever you may. But if you say I inherit sin according to the Bible, then I'd say either you have a corrupt copy of the Bible or you're mixing Catholic doctrine with Christian Scriptures.
As for you being a Muslim who's free to pray to Allah without beads, I grant you that but do you also have inspiration from your Allah to write contents in Qur'an or to have revelations about taking your son's wife?

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by vedaxcool(m): 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2010
No every child is born good it is the society that corrupt children. And one more thing for the xtains that claim people are born with sin how come after Jesus "died" for your sins your kids are still being born sinners all the generations after him are still being born sinners, a more better way to see it may be as you guys claims : Adam sins people of the world begins to inherit sin then Jesus "died" for the sins hence the inheritable sins are canceled and yet people still inherit sins; it seems we have been conned, or the entire story of dieing for our/Adam sins is a hoax. I choose the latter
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
vedaxcool:

No every child is born good it is the society that corrupt children. And one more thing for the xtains that claim people are born with sin how come after Jesus "died" for your sins your kids are still being born sinners

You're right no one is born with original sin. You're right again Jesus Christ died for the sins of the whole world. But you're wrong here: our children are not born with any sin.
The Bible position on the matter is clear, no one will put upon you sin you did not commit. Commission of sin is personal and not transferable. Bible position is very clear unless some people wants to import their church doctrine into the Bible. No one is born with sin.

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by vedaxcool(m): 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2010
You're right no one is born with original sin. You're right again Jesus Christ died for the sins of the whole world. But you're wrong here: our children are not born with any sin.
The Bible position on the matter is clear, no one will put upon you sin you did not commit. Commission of sin is personal and not transferable. Bible position is very clear unless some people wants to import their church doctrine into the Bible. No one is born with sin.

if you r unable to comprehend an arguement it is no fault of mine as I am explaining your christian beliefs to you. More importantly if you have problems with your christian beliefs take it up with the church authorities dn't blame me.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2010
vedaxcool:

if you r unable to comprehend an arguement it is no fault of mine as I am explaining your christian beliefs to you. More importantly if you have problems with your christian beliefs take it up with the church authorities dn't blame me.

What caused this particular quarrel now. Or are you against my quoting you?

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by vescucci(m): 12:03am On Jul 28, 2010
Why don't you guys agree to disagree and do something else instead of going about in circles and taking offense etc?
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by nopuqeater: 3:50am On Jul 29, 2010
@Precap2: « #98 on: July 27, 2010, 10:41 AM »
[Quote]You are allowed the liberty to say whatever you may.[/quote]What I said happens to be the truth. Thats completely different from your lies. We in Islam are not christians and we do not worship ghost, Jesus, father or Jesus mama. So how are we like Catholic denomination of Christianity?

But if you say I inherit sin according to the Bible, then I'd say either you have a corrupt copy of the Bible or you're mixing Catholic doctrine with Christian Scriptures.
If you dont inherit sin, what the heck is Jesus dying for, while some of you call him the 2nd Adam, because the 1st Adam caused man to be sinners, even from birth? You dont read your Bible i gather, because Yahweh cursed man and then woman because of this. What my muslim brother Vedexcool said about Jesus is this; If you said he came for washing you from your sins, then a good christian should be able to produce children who are sinless from birth, and not the one that still has the sin from Adam dangling over the baby's head. A good christina should produce a good child of the same kind, and not sinful baby! This is an argument itself against Jesus being son of God, for he would have had the exact nature of God. Obviously he didnt; instead it was the nature of his momma that he had. A human being; he was fatigued, tired slept, slumbered, hungered, cried, wept, prayed to God, servant sent by God, shouted to God Whose Name is Eloi etc. None of these do God Almighty do.

As for you being a Muslim who's free to pray to Allah without beads, I grant you that but do you also have inspiration from your Allah to write contents in Qur'an or to have revelations about taking your son's wife?
While the Bible is not revelation from God, based on your question here. Quran on the other hand is. So a messenger receives revelation. He writes it down. In the case of Muhammad (AS), he asked people to write it down, make copies among the community, memorize it and recite it, often. And my children, sons are those kids that I have intercourse with the mother who got pregnant with them based on the sexual action. Looking at it from this point, I do not know if any person not from my sexual action with his mother my son. Do you? How about a nephew who calls you dad; is he your son? Allah cancels adoption when He says that "Call the children by their father's name(s)". Any question? Who is Muhammad's son that had a wife that he married" Kasim, Ibrahim? Who? You need not walk Wilshire boulevard all night long, man.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 8:50am On Jul 29, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Precap2: « #98 on: July 27, 2010, 10:41 AM »What I said happens to be the truth. Thats completely different from your lies. We in Islam are not christians and we do not worship ghost, Jesus, father or Jesus mama. So how are we like Catholic denomination of Christianity?

If you dont inherit sin, what the heck is Jesus dying for, while some of you call him the 2nd Adam, because the 1st Adam caused man to be sinners, even from birth? You dont read your Bible i gather, because Yahweh cursed man and then woman because of this. What my muslim brother Vedexcool said about Jesus is this; If you said he came for washing you from your sins, then a good christian should be able to produce children who are sinless from birth, and not the one that still has the sin from Adam dangling over the baby's head. A good christina should produce a good child of the same kind, and not sinful baby! This is an argument itself against Jesus being son of God, for he would have had the exact nature of God. Obviously he didnt; instead it was the nature of his momma that he had. A human being; he was fatigued, tired slept, slumbered, hungered, cried, wept, prayed to God, servant sent by God, shouted to God Whose Name is Eloi etc. None of these do God Almighty do.

While the Bible is not revelation from God, based on your question here. Quran on the other hand is. So a messenger receives revelation. He writes it down. In the case of Muhammad (AS), he asked people to write it down, make copies among the community, memorize it and recite it, often. And my children, sons are those kids that I have intercourse with the mother who got pregnant with them based on the sexual action. Looking at it from this point, I do not know if any person not from my sexual action with his mother my son. Do you? How about a nephew who calls you dad; is he your son? Allah cancels adoption when He says that "Call the children by their father's name(s)". Any question? Who is Muhammad's son that had a wife that he married" Kasim, Ibrahim? Who? You need not walk Wilshire boulevard all night long, man.

Buying a copy of Bible is not enough, what use is it to you if you read without understanding?
First of all, your Muhammad was a terror tool in the hands of Roman Catholics. If you don't know this, you've been served worn infested dinner. He copied many things from catholicism but later had to drop some of them to sound different. If you know the full history of how and where he shouted "allahu akbar", you'd be coming close to the truth.
Knowing little about your bosom religion, you delve into Christianity to find solace, then you got yourself a copy of Bible but you still have too much of the attitude that would be dire encumbrance to you understanding the Holy Scriptures. Divest yourself of preconceptions before you try to read the Bible again. My explaining the death of Jesus to you will make no meaning unless you first clear the cobwebs in your thought pattern. I don't think it would be easy because the Bible says in Proverbs 22 vs 6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is older he'll never depart from it". You see the problem? You have been trained to think a certain way so you won't understand another. So sad sad

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by vedaxcool(m): 11:35am On Jul 29, 2010
First of all, your Muhammad was a terror tool in the hands of Roman Catholics. If you don't know this, you've been served worn infested dinner. He copied many things from catholicism but later had to drop some of them to sound different. If you know the full history of how and where he shouted "allahu akbar", you'd be coming close to the truth.

Now I am certain you need to see a head doctor you radical protestant that suffers from mythomania. Your lies has become truth to you, what a pity.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by vedaxcool(m): 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2010
Now precrap if you cannot understand your own church doctrine then do not blame us.

Mainstream Protestantism

The notion of original sin as interpreted by Augustine of Hippo was affirmed by the Protestant Reformer John Calvin. Calvin believed that humans inherit Adamic guilt and are in a state of sin from the moment of conception. This inherently sinful nature (the basis for the Calvinistic doctrine of "total depravity"wink results in a complete alienation from God and the total inability of humans to achieve reconciliation with God based on their own abilities. Not only do individuals inherit a sinful nature due to Adam's fall, but since he was the federal head and representative of the human race, all whom he represented inherit the guilt of his sin by imputation. Redemption by Jesus Christ is the only remedy.

John Calvin defined original sin in his Institutes of the Christian Religion as follows:

Original sin, therefore, seems to be a hereditary depravity and corruption of our nature, diffused into all parts of the soul, which first makes us liable to God's wrath, then also brings forth in us those works which Scripture calls "works of the flesh" (Gal 5:19). And that is properly what Paul often calls sin. The works that come forth from it--such as adulteries, fornications, thefts, hatreds, murders, carousings--he accordingly calls "fruits of sin" (Gal 5:19-21), although they are also commonly called "sins" in Scripture, and even by Paul himself.[34]

The Methodist Church, founded by John Wesley, upholds Article VII in the Articles of Religion in the Book of Discipline of the Methodist Church:

Original sin standeth not in the following of Adam (as the Pelagians do vainly talk), but it is the corruption of the nature of every man, that naturally is engendered of the offspring of Adam, whereby man is very far gone from original righteousness, and of his own nature inclined to evil, and that continually
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ignoramus per excellence tongue
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by vedaxcool(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2010
More on the original sin

Original sin, sometimes called ancestral sin,[1] is, according to a doctrine proposed in Christian theology, humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man.[2] This condition has been characterized in many ways, ranging from something as insignificant as a slight deficiency, or a tendency toward sin yet without collective guilt, referred to as a "sin nature," to something as drastic as total depravity or automatic guilt by all humans through collective guilt.[3]

Those who uphold this doctrine look to the teaching of Paul the Apostle in Romans 5:12-21 and 1 Corinthians 15:22 for its scriptural base,[2] and see it as perhaps implied in Old Testament passages such as Psalm 51:5 and Psalm 58:3.

Some Christians do not accept the doctrine indicated by the terms "original sin" or "ancestral sin", which are not found in the Bible.[4] The doctrine is not found in other religions, such as Judaism,[5] Hinduism[6] and Islam.[7]

In the theology of the Catholic Church, original sin is regarded as the general condition of sinfulness, that is (the absence of holiness and perfect charity) into which humans are born, distinct from the actual sins that a person commits. This teaching explicitly states that Adam's original sin does not have the character of a personal fault in any of Adam's descendants.[8] In other words, human beings do not bear any "original guilt" from Adam and Eve's particular sin. The prevailing view, also held in Eastern Orthodoxy, is that human beings bear no guilt for the sin of Adam and Eve.

Although Orthodoxy prefers using the term "ancestral sin",[9][10] which indicates that "original sin is hereditary. It did not remain only Adam and Eve's. As life passes from them to all of their descendants, so does original sin "[11] In this quotation, "original sin" is used not of the personal sin of Adam, which is his alone and is not transmitted, but in reference to the "distortion of the nature of man", which is inherited.

An important exposition of the belief of Eastern Christians identifies original sin as physical and spiritual death, the spiritual death being the loss of "the grace of God, which quickened (the soul) with the higher and spiritual life".[12] Others see original sin also as the cause of actual sins: "a bad tree bears bad fruit" (Matthew 7:17, NIV), although, in this view, original and actual sin may be difficult to distinguish.[13]
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2010
You who doesn't believe there's original sin, well have you obtained cure for 'the sins of now', for Jesus is the only approved savior from sin. Matthew 1v21
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by vedaxcool(m): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2010
Image123:

You who doesn't believe there's original sin, well have you obtained cure for 'the sins of now', for Jesus is the only approved savior from sin. Matthew 1v21

You that have received the cure why are you still sinning? beats me. for Allah's mercy is enough for me.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by seyibrown(f): 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2010
We are all born INTO sin, not WITH SIN.

The consequences of the sins of our forefathers are evident in the world today and we are all in one way or the other affected by it. That is how we are paying for the sins of our forefathers. They refused to obey God, and many still do, choosing to go their own way and we have had generations of adulterers, murderers, rapists, robbers etc. Generations to come (until our Lord comes) will be affected by the same, they will probably still have to clutch their purses and bags tight when in Oshodi; keep their children away from the prying eyes of the lecherous next door neighbour - or even move; have burglary proof on homes to keep (or try to keep) robbers out ; fear to walk alone in the dark alleys in London in case a prematurely released convict or 'happy slapping' devotee attacks them etc; the perpetrators and victims of these crimes all having been born INTO a SINful society.

Yes, each man pays for his sin, receiving the wages of sin here on earth and in the hereafter; but we all - saved and unsaved - bear the consequences of letting sin remain in our societies.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2010
vedaxcool:

You that have received the cure why are you still sinning? beats me. for Allah's mercy is enough for me.
Allah's mercy is enough for what? I'm no longer under the bondage of sin. Jesus saved me and He can save you too. His grace is SUFFICIENT.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by nopuqeater: 1:33am On Jul 30, 2010
@Seyibrown: « #112 on: Yesterday at 05:26:58 PM »
We are all born INTO sin, not WITH SIN.

The consequences of the sins of our forefathers are evident in the world today and we are all in one way or the other affected by it. That is how we are paying for the sins of our forefathers. They refused to obey God, and many still do, choosing to go their own way and we have had generations of adulterers, murderers, rapists, robbers etc. Generations to come (until our Lord comes) will be affected by the same, they will probably still have to clutch their purses and bags tight when in Oshodi; keep their children away from the prying eyes of the lecherous next door neighbour - or even move; have burglary proof on homes to keep (or try to keep) robbers out ; fear to walk alone in the dark alleys in London in case a prematurely released convict or 'happy slapping' devotee attacks them etc; the perpetrators and victims of these crimes all having been born INTO a SINful society.

Yes, each man pays for his sin, receiving the wages of sin here on earth and in the hereafter; but we all - saved and unsaved - bear the consequences of letting sin remain in our societies.
If you are only born into sin, and not with ORIGINAL SIN FROM ADAM AND EVE, why did Yahweh curse women with labor pain, etc and men with eating from the sweat of his brow? If Adam and Eve sinned, why are christian men and women receiving part of the curse, if only they were born into sin and not with sin? It does not make sense for Jesus to come to save you if you were just born into sin, but not with sin. Seyi, you got yourself into a pickle.

@Image123 (m): « #113 on: Yesterday at 11:46:54 PM »
Quote from: vedaxcool on Yesterday at 04:23:25 PM
You that have received the cure why are you still sinning?Huh beats me. for Allah's mercy is enough for me.
Allah's mercy is enough for what? I'm no longer under the bondage of sin. Jesus saved me and He can save you too. His grace is SUFFICIENT.
You seem to be contradicting Seyibrown. She said you guys are only born into sin, but not with sin. You seem to have said that you were born into sin, the reason of the bolded. Also the reason you said Jesus came to save you. For us in Islam, we do not need the death of anyone to receive Mercy of Allah. This is the better arrangement than you who needs the blood of a dead person.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by seyibrown(f): 11:04am On Jul 30, 2010
If you are only born into sin, and not with ORIGINAL SIN FROM ADAM AND EVE, why did Yahweh curse women with labor pain, etc and men with eating from the sweat of his brow? If Adam and Eve sinned, why are christian men and women receiving part of the curse, if only they were born into sin and not with sin? It does not make sense for Jesus to come to save you if you were just born into sin, but not with sin. Seyi, you got yourself into a pickle.

Everything was good when Adam and Eve were created. Adam was not originally created to 'eat from the sweat of his brow', and Eve was not originally created to have 'multiplied pain in childbirth'. The curses were only added to them after they were created and they became nature to humans(Adam and eve's offspring).

Nobody is born a sinner (Matthew 18 v 1-6)
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 And He called a child to Himself and set him before them,
3 and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
4 “Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 “And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me;
6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea).

Our upbringing(family) and society shape us (Proverbs 22 v 6 : Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it).

Jesus came to save us because of the failure of our ancestors and society to us and their inability to redeem us (Isaiah 59 v 16 : And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him).
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by seyibrown(f): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2010
Previous post continued. . . . .

God saw the wickedness on earth long ago and decided to send Jesus. See Isaiah 59 vs 1 - 21 below

1 Behold, the LORD’S hand is not so short  That it cannot save;  Nor is His ear so dull  That it cannot hear.
2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God,  And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.
3 For your hands are defiled with blood  And your fingers with iniquity;  Your lips have spoken falsehood,  Your tongue mutters wickedness.
4 No one sues righteously and no one pleads honestly.  They trust in confusion and speak lies;  They conceive mischief and bring forth iniquity.
5 They hatch adders’ eggs and weave the spider’s web;  He who eats of their eggs dies,  And from that which is crushed a snake breaks forth.
6 Their webs will not become clothing,  Nor will they cover themselves with their works;  Their works are works of iniquity,  And an act of violence is in their hands.
7 Their feet run to evil,  And they hasten to shed innocent blood;  Their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity,  Devastation and destruction are in their highways.
8 They do not know the way of peace,  And there is no justice in their tracks;  They have made their paths crooked,  Whoever treads on them does not know peace.
9 Therefore justice is far from us,  And righteousness does not overtake us;  We hope for light, but behold, darkness,  For brightness, but we walk in gloom.
10 We grope along the wall like blind men,  We grope like those who have no eyes;  We stumble at midday as in the twilight,  Among those who are vigorous we are like dead men.
11 All of us growl like bears,  And moan sadly like doves;  We hope for justice, but there is none,  For salvation, but it is far from us.
12 For our transgressions are multiplied before You,  And our sins testify against us;  For our transgressions are with us,  And we know our iniquities:
13 Transgressing and denying the LORD,  And turning away from our God,  Speaking oppression and revolt,  Conceiving in and uttering from the heart lying words.
14 Justice is turned back,  And righteousness stands far away;  For truth has stumbled in the street,  And uprightness cannot enter.
15 Yes, truth is lacking;  And he who turns aside from evil makes himself a prey.  Now the LORD saw,  And it was displeasing in His sight that there was no justice.
16 And He saw that there was no man,  And was astonished that there was no one to intercede;  Then His own arm brought salvation to Him,  And His righteousness upheld Him.
17 He put on righteousness like a breastplate,  And a helmet of salvation on His head;  And He put on garments of vengeance for clothing  And wrapped Himself with zeal as a mantle.
18 According to their deeds, so He will repay,  Wrath to His adversaries, recompense to His enemies;  To the coastlands He will make recompense.
19 So they will fear the name of the LORD from the west  And His glory from the rising of the sun,  For He will come like a rushing stream  Which the wind of the LORD drives.
20 “A Redeemer will come to Zion,  And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob,” declares the LORD.
21 “As for Me, this is My covenant with them,” says the LORD: “My Spirit which is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your offspring, nor from the mouth of your offspring’s offspring,” says the LORD, “from now and forever.”

I cannot just imagine living in this world without God's peace!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by seyibrown(f): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2010
Previous post continued. . . .

Wickedness is multiplied; Crimes are being committed against law-abiding people and their is no justice; Many are being oppressed and most times the justice system of this world does not give them justice.

Who gives justice to a 4 year old who is repeatedly being despoiled by an adult who should know better?  Who heals the hurt of victims of despoils and murders(and their families) whose perpetrators are let back into society when they are still a danger? Who gives justice people who are being abducted, dismembered and sold for body parts? Who gives justice to the people whose government daily robs them of their rights? Who gives true healing to the broken-hearted? It is only God! He sent Jesus to make it easier for us to access the love, protection, peace and provision that is available from him.

Again, I cannot see myself living in this world without the peace and love of God. I have tasted the Lord and seen that he is good!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by vedaxcool(m): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2010
Previous post continued. . . .

Wickedness is multiplied; Crimes are being committed against law-abiding people and their is no justice; Many are being oppressed and most times the justice system of this world does not give them justice.

Who gives justice to a 4 year old who is repeatedly being despoiled by an adult who should know better? Who heals the hurt of victims of despoils and murders(and their families) whose perpetrators are let back into society when they are still a danger? Who gives justice people who are being abducted, dismembered and sold for body parts? Who gives justice to the people whose government daily robs them of their rights? Who gives true healing to the broken-hearted? It is only God! He sent Jesus to make it easier for us to access the love, protection, peace and provision that is available from him.

Again, I cannot see myself living in this world without the peace and love of God. I have tasted the Lord and seen that he is good!

Too bad after all the trouble you went through you only succeded in mystifying the question at hand.

From what we understand from your christian teachings we come to note that you people claim that Jesus died for your sins! and they go further and claim that Adam sin is the cause of his children sinning and yet you go further and claim that Jesus died to neutralize that sin, the question remains why are people still sinning?

As for me I understand that people sin because they have free will to do what they like, that is inherently the cause of why people sin to achieve their desire when getting it legitimately becomes untenable. In the Qur'an Adam begged God for forgiveness and God forgave him. If the world is bad it is because people have decided to do whatever it takes to get what they want.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 30, 2010
i was definately not born with any so called original sin, if christ died for my sins then too bad, him don dull himself be that lipsrsealed
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2010
infidelguy:

i was definately not born with any so called original sin, if christ died for my sins then too bad, him don dull himself be that lipsrsealed

True to your screen name. Welcome on board.

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2010
Also the reason you said Jesus came to save you. For us in Islam, we do not need the death of anyone to receive Mercy of Allah. This is the better arrangement than you who needs the blood of a dead person.
Please do remind me, what do islam followers believe that cleanses sin, or gives mercy from God?
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by aletheia(m): 12:01am On Jul 31, 2010
^^^
profession of faith, going on hajj, fasting during ramadan, giving alms, praying five times a day but even with all these their quran says all muslims will go to hell, including their prophet.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by Image123(m): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2010
^That's expensive and unreliable then. Maybe that's why some try to take a shortcut by blowing up themselves, quite inefficient imo.
their quran says all muslims will go to hell, including their prophet.
Are you kidding?
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by BillyHobe: 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2010
There is only one name under heaven by which a man's sins can be forgiven him and that name is Jesus. sin cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven So unless your a christian or become one real soon I will not be seeing you there in spit of all the false teachings that are taught. How can anyone claim to believe in Christ yet call his followers infidels, how can anyone justify murderer of innocent women and children in order to push their religions territorial power? that contains forms of jealousy, hatred, vengeance, strife, theft, and idolatry! none being the fruits of the spirit.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by precap2(m): 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2010
aletheia:

^^^
profession of faith, going on hajj, fasting during ramadan, giving alms, praying five times a day but even with all these their quran says all muslims will go to hell, including their prophet.

How come? After all the stress? No hope then? Terrifying to say the least.
Jesus can help a lot of dudes if they can just come off their mental traps.

Holla!
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by aletheia(m): 7:21pm On Aug 01, 2010
precap2:

How come? After all the stress? No hope then? Terrifying to say the least.
Jesus can help a lot of dudes if they can just come off their mental traps.

Holla!
Image123:

^That's expensive and unreliable then. Maybe that's why some try to take a shortcut by blowing up themselves, quite inefficient imo.Are you kidding?
No kidding. It's recorded in their Qur'an and Hadiths. That is the terror that lurks in the hearts of people like nopuqeater and vedaxcool: that perhaps at the end of the day, they will not escape Hell despite their best efforts. They are without hope of salvation while rejecting the Only One who can save them from Hell - Jesus.
Sura 19.71, 72:
19.71 There is not one of you but shall approach it. That is a fixed ordinance of thy Lord. 19.72 Then We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching there.
Re: Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? by seyibrown(f): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2010
From what we understand from your christian teachings we come to note that you people claim that Jesus died for your sins! and they go further and claim that Adam sin is the cause of his children sinning and yet you go further and claim that Jesus died to neutralize that sin, the question remains why are people still sinning?

Someone pays the debt you owed, commands you not to get into any more debt telling you what the consequences will be for going into debt again; you think going on a spending spree on your credit card knowing can't pay back is the best thing to do? It is not the best thing to do but you still have the freewill to choose to remain a free man or a debtor.

And what do you mean by 'neutralize that sin'? That is the funniest thing I have ever read!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christians,please Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Is Regards As Jesus Christ / Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Bought A Mercedes-benz 450 GL For Nollywood Actress Dani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.