Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments (4476 Views)

Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij / Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times / …babangida Defends Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Fhemmmy: 9:39pm On Apr 16, 2010
mikeansy:

Those good ideas where not good enough until he started running for elections

That tells you IBB is more interested in reforming IBB than reforming Nigeria.

Lol . . . . But while reforming IBB and he is able to reform Nigeria, any crime?
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 16, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . . But while reforming IBB and he is able to reform Nigeria, any crime?

I am not sure how reforming IBB will reform Nigeria, except you are claiming Nigeria is a subset of IBB.

We can not risk another 4years so that IBB can remake his image. The country is larger than anyone man.
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Fhemmmy: 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2010
mikeansy:

I am not sure how reforming IBB will reform Nigeria, except you are claiming Nigeria is a subset of IBB.

We can not risk another 4years so that IBB can remake his image. The country is larger than anyone man.

Chief, i might sound like i am supporting him, but i have made it clear, that i cant and will not support anyone till i see what they have in stock for Nija, and i am not judging anyone based on annulling some election some years ago, yes, he cld be a thief and stolen Nigerian money, but none of the recycled leaders are clean.
IBB is using what he has to get what he wants and we are all falling for it, cos we are all talking about him now and that is all he wants and need
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 16, 2010
Nope we have been talking about IBB in the last 20years.

The more we talk about him, the more he realises our disdain for him. If he wants us to talk less about him he should go and hide in his mansion.

He has done well for himself, he should let the country move on.

That is not too much to ask. But so long as he keeps coming out, we will keep sensitizing to push him back. I don't want to wake up one morning to hear fellow Nigerians on NTA from IBB.
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by SuperT(m): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2010
All is just for his selfish ambition.
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by elelem(m): 12:05pm On Apr 17, 2010
Political talk, no wonder it is coming when he wants to appear relevant,
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by mamatino99: 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2010
forget what this people says is not what we want them to tell us this time around am sick with all the tricks
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by ahmedoo(m): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2010
wat ever good i.b.b wants to do nigerians, he ought to hav done dat 8yrs ago. so now that he is coming back he has a lot of convincing to do.
i cant really say much about his millitary regime cos i was barely a kid then,but i dnt tink those that experienced it are happy with him.well i still believe that every man has got his + side.i.b.b culd be the answer who knows, But on the contrary if he really has the interest of nigerians at heart must he demonstrate that by becoming the president?after all nigeria of the early 90s is not thesame as nigeria of today, ver it is that becomes the president come 2011 should better be product of a credible election,
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2010
IBB is a dangerous maverick of a politician.

All he needs to do is give America all the oil they need, and they will turn a blind eye, leaving him to implement any and every conceivable policy in Nigeria irrespective of the impact on our collective freedoms and rights as citizens.

If you think I am crazy, look at Saudi. Saudi has the worst human rights record in the entire world, beheadings, torture, no freedom of speech etc and guess what, AMERICA turns a blind eye, because they get Black gold in exchange for their oblivious stance.

Those advocating for IBB to contest should be sent for a 'sanity check’
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Vavavoom(m): 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2010
@ topic,

So much for perceived repentance. My question to him and his ilks: does anyone of them have to be the president to bring about promised changes? All of his latest brouhaha could be achieved from supporting good governance without being head of the government. Atiku strikes me as another misfit, itching to have power by all means without practically showing/proving to us that his all-now-frequent statements are shallow and nothing profound.

They have mortgaged our future and those of our children while theirs live in luxury in the comfort of another. For those of us who can hit the road to derail their plans to come back please don't hesistate, let every of us well-meaning Nigerians continue to fight them from all angles-physically, internet wise and on the papers. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2010
ahmedoo:

wat ever good i.b.b wants to do nigerians, he ought to hav done dat 8yrs ago. so now that he is coming back he has a lot of convincing to do.
i cant really say much about his millitary regime cos i was barely a kid then,but i dnt tink those that experienced it are happy with him.well i still believe that every man has got his + side.i.b.b culd be the answer who knows, But on the contrary if he really has the interest of nigerians at heart must he demonstrate that by becoming the president?after all nigeria of the early 90s is not thesame as nigeria of today, ver it is that becomes the president come 2011 should better be product of a credible election,
the level of corruption between now and then are not the same.ibb INSTITUTIONALIZE corruption in nigeria.decree '419' you hear of today was his legacy and trademark of his cruel government.
he killed more than any military govt in the history of this country.his govt has the worse human right abuse record.democracy never meant anything to ibb.there are his likes who were able to come back to democracy and succeeded such as david mark who as a former communication minister said telephone is not for the poor;but look at him today as nigeria senate president pretending to be a true democrat even with his bad records.its high time we channelled a new course,nigerians are tired of recycling EX-GENERALS.we want true democrats.may the soul of tunde idiagbo rest in peace,he knew the antics of military generals when he proposed the J rawlings revolution in nigeria,but what happened to him after such comment,he was killed.
we want real people to lead this country and not chameleons who camouflage to to get what they want.nigeria must rise against ibb.long live nigeria
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by MsTom(f): 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2010
True words coming from an evil genius. hmmmm. Even the devil speaks the truth sometimes.

Igbanibo:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The man has no credibility, shame it looks like the US is willing to back him, as long as he gets them their oil.

I believe they would actually support goodluck instead cos of the nuclear summit thingy.
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Ifeanyina: 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2010
Did somebody say rotational presidency?

Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by SuperT(m): 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2010
@Ifeanyina,
They want to torn us to game and be playing like draft.
No way!
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by fugocisse: 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2010
IBB what happens to dele giwa? what happens to june 12? what happens to our $12 billion? and what about hallibuton?? give us answers to all these first!!!!!
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2010
I saw this picture in 1992, it will always remain indelible in my memory.

This is one of few reasons that Nigeria will never move beyond mediocre.
1: We dignify crooks by actually giving them attention with our comments, our search for some ray of good in dark and evil persons.
2: We know the problems of Nigeria, even the illiterate shoe-maker on the street can recount every that is wrong with Nigeria and why change will be "impossible"
3: We accept the right of existence of the crooked and the corrupt, we even give them our support by not doing anything when they are appointed to key positions beyond carrying placards and shouting angrily in protest (which has never worked)
4: We inwardly know that the bad leadership of this country from the religious to the political need to end, but we would rather take the comfortable option, if not IBB, who else is it Atiku (the crook) or Buhari (the fascist). We continually seek the face of God and do not reason to ask why God has his back turned all these years.
5: We accept that there is some good in Nigeria but fail to recognize that a pollutant cannot be purified by adding clean water. We cannot have a few good men and expect everything to start changing for the better, the majority of bad men will always taint the outcome of whatever good has been done. e.g Tinubu and Fashola

We all know the bitter answer to our problems but are too selfish, insecure, scared and comfortable to do anything about it
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Ifeanyina: 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2010
@Super T
They do not want to; they have already done so and the political musical chairs has started again. Thank God there will be no Abacha after Babangida or are we ready to stop the evil genius now?
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by SuperT(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2010
Yes ooo.

Let us and stop this now.
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by akigbemaru: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2010

[size=20pt]
What were ibb's achievements when he was military president?[/size]

What do you mean by IBB's achievement?
I may list his achievements:
1) He single-handedly put Nigeria on list of Muslim countries of the world
2) He single-handedly divided every little bread n butter of land constitutes Southern Nigeria and left his state "Niger State" untouchable, so that when Nigeria divides today. He can enjoy the 76, 000 kilometer squares.
3) He single-handedly annulled June 12, the most credible election.
4) He single-handedly killed Dele Giwa and Vatsa.
The list continues!!
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by EzeUche(m): 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2010
IBB has been reading the 48 Laws of Power. Good Lord, he is filling his campaign with smokescreens and carrots. By him saying that he wants to end the quote system, then he really trying to fool the ppl.

This man is dangerous, even though I support what he said on this issue! sad
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by EzeUche(m): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2010
akigbemaru:

2) He single-handedly divided every little bread n butter of land constitutes Southern Nigeria and left his state "Niger State" untouchable, so that when Nigeria divides today. He can enjoy the 76, 000 kilometer squares.
The list continues!!

My Yoruba Foe I agree with everything you said. This man is dangerous for the south.
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by idifu(m): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2010
he should shut his mouth
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by haronky7: 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2010
This is in my opinion a confirmation that the fitness of IBB to run for predisency is questionable

If he opposed and quashed everything that democracy and federalism stands for and sentenced millions of Nigeria into miserable lives of abject poverty, how is it that he has suddenly become a lecturer in democracy and true federalism?

Believe me, if our votes really count, he's sure gonna lose emphatically

Was he sleep-walking all those 8 yrs?
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Amjustme: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2010
MY OWN OPINION!

I kind of support d quota system thing, it puts an end 2 tribal sentiments/issues and decreases d marginalization of 'minorities' in d country. IBB gets on d throne and appoints 36 competent nupe men, what wld u tell him? afterall, they r qualified. The quota system shld stay pls. In every state there should be at least 1competent person,,,,,,,,
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by rickie4us(m): 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2010
what if the 'Evil Genius' actually turns out to be the 'Good Genius'?

Just thinking ,
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Ifeanyina: 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2010
@rickie4us
Bros, I beg you, don't think like that. Can you imagine the amount of damage that kind of thinking will do?. A leopard cannot change its spots. If the Ethiopian can change the color of his skin, then may those who are used to doing evil do good. If Babangida wants to be good genius, let him restrict it to Niger state, if they will allow him. 'nuff said.
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by sjeezy8: 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2010
Quota helps minorites in Nigeria as it helps blacks in America.

Theres a reason why its there. duh

Not having a quota system doesnt change the fact that hausas want all hausas and yorubas want to hire yorubas and igbos want to appoint igbos.

So quota system is good for now.

Without quota system and regional Zoning Minorites and igboman will not smell presidency until a hundred years like blacks did in America. lol
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2010
sjeezy8:

Quota helps minorites in Nigeria as it helps blacks in America.

Theres a reason why its there. duh

Not having a quota system doesnt change the fact that hausas want all hausas and yorubas want to hire yorubas and igbos want to appoint igbos.

So quota system is good for now.

Without quota system and regional Zoning Minorites and igboman will not smell presidency until a hundred years like blacks did in America. lol

Maybe we need a change in mindset.

For example I as an igbo man , assuming I am a manager recruiting potential employess, will always employ the best and most qualified candidate. I care less if they are igbo, yoruba, hausa. What matters is ability to do the Job.

I think it is a sorry state of affairs when we perform business based on places of origin rather than academic qualifications and quality of character.

The Quota system MUST Go.

But I do not agree IBB is the best man to make this happen.
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by sjeezy8: 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2010
The quota system needs to stay for now.
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by 006(m): 3:05am On Apr 18, 2010
IBB has repented, he has seen the light.

I will vote for him!
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 18, 2010
akigbemaru:

The list continues!!

he also killed kudira abiola and is also an accomplice in his death,
nigerians must rise aginst this evil man!!!
Re: Babangida Faults Quota System In Public Appointments by sjeezy8: 3:32am On Apr 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

he also killed kudira abiola and is also an accomplice in his death,
nigerians must rise aginst this evil man!!!

does the fact that his VP will probably be from the SW change your opinion?

006:

IBB has repented, he has seen the light.

I will vote for him!

does the fact that his VP will probably be from the SW change your opinion?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did Akpabio And His Family Relocate To Lagos State? / “obasanjo’s Letter Has Finished President Jonathan”- Femi Fani Kayode (read) / Dear APC: Brilliant Manifesto To Stylishly Embezzle Money Congrats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.