Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,105 members, 7,953,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:13 PM

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! (24044 Views)

Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by FOREXMART(m): 4:47pm On May 03, 2012
Favorite rock songs.
unforgiven 1, unforgiven 2, unforgiven 3. All by metallica.
Nd virtuall all nirvanas song. Still yet to find who screams like kurt kobain. Static X are giving metallica a stiff competition. Well metallica still has the world's best guitarist nd vocalist from my last world ranking check. James hetfield nd kirk hammet
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Amya(f): 9:56am On May 09, 2012
You guys should listen to
1 stricken- by Disturbed.

2. Collapsing- by demon hunters

3. Let go- by R3d (my best)

4 let it burn - by red

5.Faster- by within temptation

6. Forever- by red

7.Lead us home by demon hunters.

8. Until the end- by breaking benjamin

9. Crucified- by dIsturbed.

10.The wrath of God by demon hunters.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by emmyitodo: 12:07am On May 28, 2012
lead vocal,chris martins(coldplay) voice just makes me levitate. linkin park are phenomenal, chester alwys kills it. chris daughtry is awesome. my favourite list
linkin park
coldplay
daughtry
3 doors down
nickelback
owl city
angels and airwaves
james blunt
d list is long though. love it that nigerians ROCK too.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by mariox1(m): 6:36pm On May 29, 2012
Check My singles Out On Youtube...listen...like and Dislike ..also Feel free to dropp ur comments n criticism...Gracias
#youtube Suddenly(ft Emzo)- Mario Xtreme.wmv www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoT5j8LlBxc&sns=tw

#youtube Tortori Mi(NEW) - Mario Xtreme.wmv www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DceCm--RKY&sns=tw

God Bless You And Ur hustle .....

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by oghos2k(m): 9:57pm On May 31, 2012
You guys should check out the latest album by Nightwish "imaginaerum" love every bit of it..
I'm sorta into goth basically.. They have better lyrics
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by oghos2k(m): 10:04pm On May 31, 2012
Azanor: Has anyone here heard of Epica? They play Symphonic Rock Music, a cross between classical music with choirs and heavy metal. They blew me away the first time I listened to them, I googled them and from there discovered other great bands like Kamelot and Within Temptation

Epica design your universe album is the best with white waters. It drives me crazy.. The classical conspiracy is also cool. I particularly like the track consign to oblivion in the same consign to oblivion album.. And trois ves.. I'm crazzy about the Simone simons.. Her voice is so electric. Think she does better than charlotte wessels of Delain and even Amy lee. But evanescence - my immortal will always remain my best of all time.. Nothing rocks like rock
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by oghos2k(m): 10:06pm On May 31, 2012
Forgot to mention the phantom agony- the song is crazy with the initial "impasse of thoughts" I can't see you, I can't hear, do you still exist?
I can't feel you, I can't think of you, Do we exist at all.. Those lyrics kill me..
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by uzor02(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2012
Hello guys am a die hard fan of rock music ....plz share D̶̲̥̅̊ rock songs n dose dat sang dem U̶̲̥̅̊ lik D̶̲̥̅̊ most here re a few of mine
Green day.... Jesus of seberia
Green day....America idiot
Maroon 5...misery
Maroon 5..payphone...new song
Maroon 5..neva gonna leave dis bed
Linkin park..new divide
Linkin park...numb
Chris daughtry....crawling back to U̶̲̥̅̊
Chirs daughtry....used to ......................
And so on
Wat re yours
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Eqbumb(m): 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
I came in so late on this one which is very painful for me. I'm kinda old in Rock music world and it has been my number one thing since 1994..!!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Eqbumb(m): 11:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
As regards to Uzor's reply my fav is as follows: the police:so lonely (rock)| Green Day: when I come around (punk rock) | John Mayer:your body is wonderland (alt/folk|
The Cranberries: time is ticking out (alt rock) |
SOAD: chop suey (alt metal) | this is the least of my fav, more's on the way
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by flameforx(m): 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
bizkit:
I'm Home!!!!

Honestly, I no think say anybody carry d rock thing 4 head reach me,

I love, eat, sleep, drink, swim, dance, live, act,, , rock
am not happy though with regards dat nobody has ever heard of my "most-favorite" rock band of all tym, ANBERLIN!
yep Anberlin!, I need me my anberlin b4 I can start any graphical design job I intend to design,
if y'all fink am joking beemp3 d ff tracks 4rm dem & decipher 4 urselfs

I even wikipedia"ied" dem and found out dey hav som xtian inclinatn
grin
A day late
Never Take Friendship Personal
Dismantle, Repair
The feel good drag
Inevitable
Paperthin Hymn
There Is No Mathematics To Love And Loss
and my best of dem has d lyrics wit a chorus dat goes, I'm the patron saints of the lost causes (still dunno d name til now) (tears actually attempt 2 roll ov my eyes weneva I hear it)!, d list sure goes on
holla me 4 more though! cool

the song u are looking for is call (*FIN) by Anberlin
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by kunlefox(m): 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
Rock rules..thumb up to the Coldplay,30seconds to mars,Kings of leon, Mumford and sons fans in here...tho I'm more of a country person but these guys make up the rock bands on my music box....let's talk country too
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Wordsmith(m): 8:32am On Jun 17, 2012
Does anyone here listen to August Burns Red or Underoath? I prefer Underoath though. One of my favorite rock songs has to be Iris by GooGoo Dolls, Coldplay's Trouble, Keane's Try Again and She Has No Time. Ah yes, and also Until June. Lovely band. Only one album though. 3 years back another favorite of mine was Anthem Of The Angels by Breaking Benjamin. And if y'all are into alternative, try out Bloc Party. The lead singer's of Nigerian origin (Igbo). I like the way they experiment with sounds.

Late 2011 to early 2012, i picked up Sanctus Real and Josh Garrels. Nice albums too.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by D1KeleVra(m): 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
Wordsmith: Does anyone here listen to August Burns Red or Underoath? I prefer Underoath though. One of my favorite rock songs has to be Iris by GooGoo Dolls, Coldplay's Trouble, Keane's Try Again and She Has No Time. Ah yes, and also Until June. Lovely band. Only one album though. 3 years back another favorite of mine was Anthem Of The Angels by Breaking Benjamin. And if y'all are into alternative, try out Bloc Party. The lead singer's of Nigerian origin (Igbo). I like the way they experiment with sounds.

Late 2011 to early 2012, i picked up Sanctus Real and Josh Garrels. Nice albums too.

Iris is just fuknig heavenly, reheard it sometime last month downloaded it and played it over and over again.
I love Aerosmith, Coldplay, Meatloaf (bat out of hell), Seether, Theory of a dead man, Bon Jovi, U2, staind, maroon 5, mehn the list goes on. . . endless playlist, for some chill-kick-back mood
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by edoyad(m): 1:12am On Jun 19, 2012
I'm into every genre,80s like the police, 70s The Who, 90s The Off Spring, Rage Against The Machine and My sweet RH Chilis. Recently na Florence and The Machine na him wan kill me. I love Florence, I want to meet and marry her grin grin
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Wordsmith(m): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
@edoyad,

Lol, have you heard Florence + The Machine's Ceremonials? Haunting yet infectious.

Btw. . . Florence And The Machine's alternative. I wouldn't classify their music as rock.

Name by Fireflight is another good song. And ah yes, one of my favorites from back in the day. . . Lenny Kravitz's Fly Away. Lavlay tongue
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by edoyad(m): 1:35am On Jun 20, 2012
Wordsmith: @edoyad,

Lol, have you heard Florence + The Machine's Ceremonials? Haunting yet infectious.

Btw. . . Florence And The Machine's alternative. I wouldn't classify their music as rock.

Name by Fireflight is another good song. And ah yes, one of my favorites from back in the day. . . Lenny Kravitz's Fly Away. Lavlay tongue

Exactly. She definitely is alternative, but under what category would she win a Grammy ? That's why I group her as rock grin

.. . . i wanna flyyyy awayyyy, yeahh yeahh yeahh.

Try *we were promised jet packs* , fantastic band. Not everything good is mainstream.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Wordsmith(m): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2012
Would definitely look into that band. Does anyone do Anathema? Or Article 1?
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Onegai(f): 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2012
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Lenny Kravitz
Blink 182
Guess Who
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by kunlefox(m): 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2012
@Wordsmith yeah I'm with you on bloc party is nice, got one of their tracks which is "signs"...it's really cool but haven't heard much from them
@Edoyad, florence and the machine is definitely legit cus florence welch's voice is wonderful...I wouldn't classify their songs as rock tho but as contemporary music,more like sarah mclachlan type of music...
Good to know people listen to good music
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Eqbumb(m): 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
Yeah 'Kele Okere' of (Bloc Party) is d name of d Nigerian guy n they r post-punk revival band. Lovers of Bloc Party go listen to: Banquet & Helicopter. Its d perfect definitn of their kind of genre.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by cowgurl: 7:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
Amya: I've always had a thing for music from when i was little. Back in my teenage years, i used to have a thing for hiphop. I did lot's of raps, and i didn't have the patience for any other music genre.
Couple of years ago, i discovered rock, and there was no turning back!
The music makes me high, more than any drug could ever make me. I understand rock, and rock understands me.
Sometimes, i wonder what i'd do without rock music. I think it's my missing rib.
Just listening to Rock songs takes me outta this world Amya...Evanescence got me initiated and since then I look for rock songs that gets me there! Feeling Daugtery @ the mo!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by uzor02(m): 8:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
Tatase: @topic,

There was a rock appreciation thread on NL that was active a while back. If you search it you'll probably see it to resuscitate it. Or, we can just continue here. I pretty much like most genres of music (everything except maybe trance), but rock is definitely in my top 2.

@TY Gabriel and sinistyle,

I checked out the bands you listed. I liked Rooftop MCs best (I really liked Shock Therapy too), they remind me of what was that Fred Durst's band, whatsit. . . Limp Bizkit and the Beastie Boys rap-rock style except of course with a good Christian message.

I checked out Threadstone, they're also trying. They sound like a church or uni fellowship worship rock band and it's different because I haven't heard a lot of that sound in Nigeria. So more power to them.

I didn't find the Djinee or Nikky Laoye rock songs, the things I found were nice, but pretty standard nigerian pop and r&b fare.
U can search songs like ego ,I know Dey shame ,count down all by djinne
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by uzor02(m): 8:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
sinistyle: I Looove coldplay, my no. 1 band. I would love to see linkin park, the fray, creed(they've broken up tho), 3 doors down, blink 182.
Kings of leon are okay. I've listened to a couple of their songs and its only 'use somebody' that i really like. Nickelback are too hard metal, Green day too but i like '21 guns' and 'wake me up when September ends'. I'm loving Owl City too. I dont really feel the ladies apart from Vanessa Carlton, Pink and Natasha Begginfield.
U̶̲̥̅̊ 4got maroon5
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by uzor02(m): 8:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
There is a group formed in 2007 named D̶̲̥̅̊ MAINE de re gud too wit songs lik into ur arms ,listen to ur hrt don't give up on us
My chemical romance is anoda band I love der song famous last words n welcome to D̶̲̥̅̊ black parade re der songs I like most
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Wordsmith(m): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2012
@kunle fox,

The song "Signs" is from the album Intimacy. You should try "Biko" as well. Lovely Bloc Party song.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Onegai(f): 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2012
Goo goo dolls "Iris" is a classic. Give Metric's "Help I'm alive" a listen
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by kunlefox(m): 11:10am On Jun 23, 2012
The song "Signs" is from the album Intimacy. You should try "Biko" as well. Lovely Bloc Party song.[/quote]
Thanks will check it out...
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by dastudent(m): 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2012
Linkin Park's new album "Living Things" is the sizzle.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by kunlefox(m): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
Anyone loves 30 seconds to mars?...I think the band is damn cool..my best songs from them are closer to the edge,this is war,kings and queen,from yesterday,beautiful lie....the list goes on..
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by tpia5: 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
Onegai: Goo goo dolls "Iris" is a classic.

lovely song.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Hot Mixtape - Download Here . Foreign And Nigeria / 7 Women Working Behind The Scenes, Contributing To The Growth Of Nigerian Music / Wizkid's UK Fans Scramble For Tickets To His Show At 02 Arena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.