Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' (21124 Views)

DHA 2020: Ooni Of Ife Receives Imperial Royal Father Of The Year Awards In Abuja / Why A King's Wife Is The Queen, But A Queen's Husband Isn't The King? / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
isalegan2:

shocked I enjoy Olu317"s posts o! The more Yoruba traditionalists the better. cool I have to admit, I also wonder about the Sudanese and Arabia connection to Yoruba. Maybe science can refute or confirm them in the near future.
Well, confirmation does not lie in Nigeria alone but in places like Egypt and other part in middle East . However, it is important here to emphasise that a very dominant name name such as Aki( Akin—when pronounced in a nassal way) is very rampant in Yoruba land which is used for Hero . And this name Aki/ Achi is also of Chaldean Origin which occur in chaldean Legend as a name of a hero who rescued Shargani Shar Ali ,i.e Sargon the elder from being drowned . Funny enough Hebrew king bore that Name too Joachin( Joakin/Joakim). Are the names coincidental ? "Si" means “ life "in Sumerian Ancient language and means the same in Yoruba Olu “si", Ko ma “si"( he/she is dead). Hannon is merciful in Hebrew so also Anu is mercy in Yoruba. Are this coincidental? May be I dont know my history so much and someone like macof ,who claimed to be a descendant of Odua cant defend the exact place of Odua origin before some aborigine in Edo that claimed Odua despite the fact their claim are false. He clamied expertise on Odua history but when others attack Yoruba tradition ,he weakly tuned to insulting them . The same macof once claimed his ancestor was one of the ancient Pharaoh but Yoruba tradition uses ram as sacrifice. In fact it is a Yoruba tradition to kill ram for feast and sacrifices but Egyptian worship ram . Who is the inconsistent here ? Does a true son of yoruba need behave in such manner? I know about Oranmiyan ancestral worship and Té'Fa. Furthermore, someone like Modupe, Oduoye ,who is an ethnologist,philologist,Multilinguist,Author whose book is well enrich in Yoruba language and relationship with middle east and Egypt language can't be bias. What I seemingly conclude about some lovers of Yoruba culture is that they were non conformists and this is their problem. If as far as 1914, an enquiry was made about people of West Africa, including Yoruba. I quote,“Sir Harry Johnston write as follows: The more one inquires into intricate religion of West Africa, especially in the whole region of Niger the more we come irresistibly to the conclusion that they are founded on ideas which have traveled all the way from Egypt or from southern mediterean shore". From S.G.C JOURNAL 27TH APRIL 1914.Journal of the Institute of African language and culture . Vol II No 4 page 411. History of Nigeria by A.C BURNS page 32 ,Mr millison Account declared that Yoruba had been a fully clothed mortal . Do Yoruba begun Cloth making in South west Nigeria? Of course not because Odu IFa corpuse mentioned yoruba wearing clothes and excavation at ILE IFE hasnt proven Yoruba to had made clothing since 305BC . Another Journal written by Dr. Westerman described Yoruba as well organised people and having a highly developed religion and mythology and have knowledge about their history . Some of them have over read the books written by some people that they cant understand that there is only one indivisble God who is the same God of hebrew and Arab who had no known form or shape or seen is the same God of the Yorubas but specifically referred to in the bible and Ifa corpus as ancient one . I cant truly understand these set of people that have wisdom and understand it not. The ancient Yoruba adage say, "A ki ra omo ni oja ; Olorun ni fun ni " ( Children cant be bought at places ; but are gift from God ( Olorun). is this not the believe of Hebrews? Are this also coincindental? grin
isalegan2:

shocked I enjoy Olu317"s posts o! The more Yoruba traditionalists the better. cool I have to admit, I also wonder about the Sudanese and Arabia connection to Yoruba. Maybe science can refute or confirm them in the near future.
Well, confirmation does not lie in Nigeria alone but in places like Egypt and other part in middle East . However, it is important here to emphasise that a very dominant name name such as Aki( Akin—when pronounced in a nassal way) is very rampant in Yoruba land which is used for Hero . And this name Aki/ Achi is also of Chaldean Origin which occur in chaldean Legend as a name of a hero who rescued Shargani Shar Ali ,i.e Sargon the elder from being drowned . Funny enough Hebrew king bore that Name too Joachin( Joakin/Joakim). Are the names coincidental ? "Si" means “ life "in Sumerian Ancient language and means the same in Yoruba Olu “si", Ko ma “si"( he/she is dead). Hannon is merciful in Hebrew so also Anu is mercy in Yoruba. Are this coincidental? May be I dont know my history so much and someone like macof ,who claimed to be a descendant of Odua cant defend the exact place of Odua origin before some aborigine in Edo that claimed Odua despite the fact their claim are false. He clamied expertise on Odua history but when others attack Yoruba tradition ,he weakly turned to insulting them . The same macof once claimed his ancestor was one of the ancient Pharaoh but Yoruba tradition uses ram as sacrifice . In fact , it is a yoruba tradition to kill ram for feast and sacrifice but Egytpian worship ram .Who is the inconsistent here ? Does a true son of yoruba need behave in such manner? I know about Oranmiyan ancestral worship and Té'Fa etc . Furthermore, someone like Modupe, Oduoye ,who is an ethnologist,philologist,Multilinguist,Author whose book is well enrich in Yoruba language and relationship with middle east and Egypt language can't be bias. What I seemingly conclude about some lovers of Yoruba culture is that they were non conformists and this is their problem. If as far as 1914, an enquiry was made about people of West Africa, including Yoruba. I quote,“Sir Harry Johnston write as follows: The more one inquires into intricate religion of West Africa, especially in the whole region of Niger the more we come irresistibly to the conclusion that they are founded on ideas which have traveled all the way from Egypt or from southern mediterean shore". From S.G.C JOURNAL 27TH APRIL 1914.Journal of the Institute of African language and culture . Vol II No 4 page 411. History of Nigeria by A.C BURNS page 32 ,Mr millison Account declared that Yoruba had been a fully clothed mortal . Do Yoruba begun Cloth making in South west Nigeria? Of course not because Odu IFa corpuse mentioned yoruba wearing clothes and excavation at ILE IFE hasnt proven Yoruba to had made clothing since 305BC . Another Journal written by Dr. Westerman described Yoruba as well organised people and having a highly developed religion and mythology and have knowledge about their history . Some of them have over read the books written by some people that they cant understand that there is only one indivisble God who is the same God of hebrew and Arab who had no known form or shape or seen is the same God of the Yorubas but specifically referred to in the bible and Ifa corpus as ancient one . I cant truly understand these set of people that have wisdom and understand it not. The ancient Yoruba adage say, "A ki ra omo ni oja ; Olorun ni fun ni " ( Children cant be bought at places ; but are gift from God ( Olorun). is this not the believe of Hebrews? Are this also coincindental?

Lastly, I mentioned macof because he could hardly differentiate between Prefix and body(root) of word in this one because of his biasness . Èl ( used to connote all lord in one big incomparable) + Èdumare becomes Èlèdumare (LordAlmighty God /Lord God Almighty ). Perhaps his bitterness toward other people's opinion has made him not to understand this simple terminology.

È mi gan gan ni
Omo arogun màsà
Omo ari oté mà bée ru
Omo Afi idi pa oté molée

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
Olu317:
Well, confirmation does not lie in Nigeria alone but in places like Egypt and other part in middle East . However, it is important here to emphasise that a very dominant name name such as Aki( Akin—when pronounced in a nassal way) is very rampant in Yoruba land which is used for Hero . And this name Aki/ Achi is also of Chaldean Origin which occur in chaldean Legend as a name of a hero who rescued Shargani Shar Ali ,i.e Sargon the elder from being drowned . Funny enough Hebrew king bore that Name too Joachin( Joakin/Joakim). Are the names coincidental ? "Si" means “ life "in Sumerian Ancient language and means the same in Yoruba Olu “si", Ko ma “si"( he/she is dead). Hannon is merciful in Hebrew so also Anu is mercy in Yoruba. Are this coincidental? May be I dont know my history so much and someone like macof ,who claimed to be a descendant of Odua cant defend the exact place of Odua origin before some aborigine in Edo that claimed Odua despite the fact their claim are false. He clamied expertise on Odua history but when others attack Yoruba tradition ,he weakly tuned to insulting them . The same macof once claimed his ancestor was one of the ancient Pharaoh but Yoruba tradition uses ram as sacrifice. In fact it is a Yoruba tradition to kill ram for feast and sacrifices but Egyptian worship ram . Who is the inconsistent here ? Does a true son of yoruba need behave in such manner? I know about Oranmiyan ancestral worship and Té'Fa. Furthermore, someone like Modupe, Oduoye ,who is an ethnologist,philologist,Multilinguist,Author whose book is well enrich in Yoruba language and relationship with middle east and Egypt language can't be bias. What I seemingly conclude about some lovers of Yoruba culture is that they were non conformists and this is their problem. If as far as 1914, an enquiry was made about people of West Africa, including Yoruba. I quote,“Sir Harry Johnston write as follows: The more one inquires into intricate religion of West Africa, especially in the whole region of Niger the more we come irresistibly to the conclusion that they are founded on ideas which have traveled all the way from Egypt or from southern mediterean shore". From S.G.C JOURNAL 27TH APRIL 1914.Journal of the Institute of African language and culture . Vol II No 4 page 411. History of Nigeria by A.C BURNS page 32 ,Mr millison Account declared that Yoruba had been a fully clothed mortal . Do Yoruba begun Cloth making in South west Nigeria? Of course not because Odu IFa corpuse mentioned yoruba wearing clothes and excavation at ILE IFE hasnt proven Yoruba to had made clothing since 305BC . Another Journal written by Dr. Westerman described Yoruba as well organised people and having a highly developed religion and mythology and have knowledge about their history . Some of them have over read the books written by some people that they cant understand that there is only one indivisble God who is the same God of hebrew and Arab who had no known form or shape or seen is the same God of the Yorubas but specifically referred to in the bible and Ifa corpus as ancient one . I cant truly understand these set of people that have wisdom and understand it not. The ancient Yoruba adage say, "A ki ra omo ni oja ; Olorun ni fun ni " ( Children cant be bought at places ; but are gift from God ( Olorun). is this not the believe of Hebrews? Are this also coincindental? grin Well, confirmation does not lie in Nigeria alone but in places like Egypt and other part in middle East . However, it is important here to emphasise that a very dominant name name such as Aki( Akin—when pronounced in a nassal way) is very rampant in Yoruba land which is used for Hero . And this name Aki/ Achi is also of Chaldean Origin which occur in chaldean Legend as a name of a hero who rescued Shargani Shar Ali ,i.e Sargon the elder from being drowned . Funny enough Hebrew king bore that Name too Joachin( Joakin/Joakim). Are the names coincidental ? "Si" means “ life "in Sumerian Ancient language and means the same in Yoruba Olu “si", Ko ma “si"( he/she is dead). Hannon is merciful in Hebrew so also Anu is mercy in Yoruba. Are this coincidental? May be I dont know my history so much and someone like macof ,who claimed to be a descendant of Odua cant defend the exact place of Odua origin before some aborigine in Edo that claimed Odua despite the fact their claim are false. He clamied expertise on Odua history but when others attack Yoruba tradition ,he weakly turned to insulting them . The same macof once claimed his ancestor was one of the ancient Pharaoh but Yoruba tradition uses ram as sacrifice . In fact , it is a yoruba tradition to kill ram for feast and sacrifice but Egytpian worship ram .Who is the inconsistent here ? Does a true son of yoruba need behave in such manner? I know about Oranmiyan ancestral worship and Té'Fa etc . Furthermore, someone like Modupe, Oduoye ,who is an ethnologist,philologist,Multilinguist,Author whose book is well enrich in Yoruba language and relationship with middle east and Egypt language can't be bias. What I seemingly conclude about some lovers of Yoruba culture is that they were non conformists and this is their problem. If as far as 1914, an enquiry was made about people of West Africa, including Yoruba. I quote,“Sir Harry Johnston write as follows: The more one inquires into intricate religion of West Africa, especially in the whole region of Niger the more we come irresistibly to the conclusion that they are founded on ideas which have traveled all the way from Egypt or from southern mediterean shore". From S.G.C JOURNAL 27TH APRIL 1914.Journal of the Institute of African language and culture . Vol II No 4 page 411. History of Nigeria by A.C BURNS page 32 ,Mr millison Account declared that Yoruba had been a fully clothed mortal . Do Yoruba begun Cloth making in South west Nigeria? Of course not because Odu IFa corpuse mentioned yoruba wearing clothes and excavation at ILE IFE hasnt proven Yoruba to had made clothing since 305BC . Another Journal written by Dr. Westerman described Yoruba as well organised people and having a highly developed religion and mythology and have knowledge about their history . Some of them have over read the books written by some people that they cant understand that there is only one indivisble God who is the same God of hebrew and Arab who had no known form or shape or seen is the same God of the Yorubas but specifically referred to in the bible and Ifa corpus as ancient one . I cant truly understand these set of people that have wisdom and understand it not. The ancient Yoruba adage say, "A ki ra omo ni oja ; Olorun ni fun ni " ( Children cant be bought at places ; but are gift from God ( Olorun). is this not the believe of Hebrews? Are this also coincindental?

Lastly, I mentioned macof because he could hardly differentiate between Prefix and body(root) of word in this one because of his biasness . Èl ( used to connote all lord in one big incomparable) + Èdumare becomes Èlèdumare (LordAlmighty God /Lord God Almighty ). Perhaps his bitterness toward other people's opinion has made him not to understand this simple terminology.

What is all this jargons

I couldn't even read til the end with all this nonsense in one post, so I'll address the few that caught my attention...

You said hannon means mercy in Hebrew, prove that please because according to this (picture below) Chacad means Mercy. Nobody here speaks hebrew so quickly provide how you came about this Hebrew knowledge
Joachim - Yahoyaqim - Lifted by Yah ... Yaqim has nothing to do with Yoruba 'Akin'

"Semetic connection" will end up running you mad, seeing connection in unrelated things is a problem i tell you

Where did I ever claim to be descended from Pharoahs? abi you are high?What nonsense Pharoahs Do you think I need to be descended from Pharoahs to be comfortable with my identity?

È mi gan gan ni
Omo arogun màsà
Omo ari oté mà bée ru
Omo Afi idi pa oté molée/b][
grin grin grin grin nobody cares who you are please, o ba fe, ko je omo olori mewa, facts are facts.
I am not your enemy, so stop trying to throw cheap silly jams.

I will continue to defend yoruba nation from madness like this, from both internal and external threats to Yoruba Identity

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
isalegan2:

Science has already confirmed an African origin for Yorubas, therefore cancelling out any Arabia connection. Yorubas have over 90% of the E-V38 DNA, more than most African ethnicities, which is an important gene maker for "Africanness"
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
macof:
Science has already confirmed an African origin for Yorubas, therefore cancelling out any Arabia connection. Yorubas have over 90% of the E-V38 DNA, more than most African ethnicities, which is an important gene maker for "Africanness"

Now, look at your rigidity in not studying? Either you like it or not ,the Fact remain largest percentage of Yorubas are non Hamitic. The place you got your info from is archaic. Go learn about Focusing on ancient population genomics research; Ancient genomes from Neolithic North Africa (Fregel et al. 2017 preprinNeolithization of North Africa involved the migration of people from both the Levant and Europe , bioRxiv , Posted September 21, 2017, doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/191569. The better for you to follow the path of truth and let go off ego, the better for you. It doesn't matter if you don't care about who I am in modern day Yoruba land but in the olden days ,you would have paid dearly for any unwarranted insult on my personality and others you have no known knowledge of their ancestry. It is obvious, you are not a good Yoruba man because ancient Yoruba men chose wisdom as their path and are always slow to anger and firm to taking action when necessary. But instead you use vulgar words on people you had not seen.
See what science has done to identify humanity. I don't even think you know how proud I am being a descendant of Yoruba? I leave you to your fate.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
Olu317:
Now, look at your rigidity in not studying? Either you like it or not ,the Fact remain largest percentage of Yorubas are non Hamitic. The place you got your info from is archaic. Go learn about Focusing on ancient population genomics research; Ancient genomes from Neolithic North Africa (Fregel et al. 2017 preprinNeolithization of North Africa involved the migration of people from both the Levant and Europe , bioRxiv , Posted September 21, 2017, doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/191569. The better for you to follow the path of truth and let go off ego the better for you. It doesn't matter if you don't care about who I am in modern day Yoruba land but in the olden days ,you would have paid dearly for it. Nevertheless, you are not a good Yoruba man because ancient Yoruba men chose wisdom as their path and are always slow to anger and firm to taking action when necessary. But instead you use vulgar words on people you had not seen.
See what science has done to identify humanity. I don't even think you know how proud I am being a descendant of Yoruba? I leave you to your fate.

Do you even know what Hamitic means?

And your source, well...

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
Olu317:
Now, look at your rigidity in not studying? Either you like it or not ,the Fact remain largest percentage of Yorubas are non Hamitic. The place you got your info from is archaic. Go learn about Focusing on ancient population genomics research; Ancient genomes from Neolithic North Africa (Fregel et al. 2017 preprinNeolithization of North Africa involved the migration of people from both the Levant and Europe , bioRxiv , Posted September 21, 2017, doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/191569. The better for you to follow the path of truth and let go off ego, the better for you. It doesn't matter if you don't care about who I am in modern day Yoruba land but in the olden days ,you would have paid dearly for any unwarranted insult on my personality and others you have no known knowledge of their ancestry. It is obvious, you are not a good Yoruba man because ancient Yoruba men chose wisdom as their path and are always slow to anger and firm to taking action when necessary. But instead you use vulgar words on people you had not seen.

Please what do you wven mean by large percentage of yorubas are non-hamitic ?
Although the term "hamitic" is archaic and obsolete I still understand what you mean by that but answer my question in bold

If Yorubas had some significant "non African population " years of living together and intermarriage would show in the DNA analyses
You cannot say the foreigners have remained "unmixed" with the others
...oh wait...maybe you can sef. Cus you have a reputation for thinking upside down

So please...ebe no o grin ikunle ni mo wa. Answer the question

And the please I got my information is archaic right? Ok please provide the recent study...

Ogbeni keep quiet with this blab about truth. Which truth without common sense or evidence?

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by 9jakool: 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
macof:

Please what do you wven mean by large percentage of yorubas are non-hamitic ?
Although the term "hamitic" is archaic and obsolete I still understand what you mean by that but answer my question in bold

If Yorubas had some significant "non African population " years of living together and intermarriage would show in the DNA analyses
You cannot say the foreigners have remained "unmixed" with the others
...oh wait...maybe you can sef. Cus you have a reputation for thinking upside down

So please...ebe no o grin ikunle ni mo wa. Answer the question

And the please I got my information is archaic right? Ok please provide the recent study...

Ogbeni keep quiet with this blab about truth. Which truth without common sense or evidence?
He's obviously not Yoruba since he's Semitic. He needs to go to Saudi Arabia and trace his family line. grin

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 11:09pm On Feb 04, 2018
9jakool:

He's obviously not Yoruba since he's Semitic. He needs to go to Saudi Arabia and trace his family line. grin

Exactly. If he believes he is not of African origin then he cannot be Yoruba because Yorubas are of 100% African origin

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by 9jakool: 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
macof:

Exactly. If he believes he is not of African origin then he cannot be Yoruba because Yorubas are of 100% African origin
Plain and simple! With the kind of things he says, you would think he's Arab or something. He knows more about Semitic history than Yoruba history.

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 1:15am On Feb 05, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Do you even know what Hamitic means?

And your source, well...
it is obvious you want to prove me wrong with your quickie approach, despite the fact that I mentioned non Africans that mentioned Yorubas as probable migrants because of their research and collected facts about tradition, Customs, idioms and sacrifices of the Yorubas ,laying emphasis on Hebrew idioms and customs which suggests Yorubas immigrants from somewhere from Euphrates to River Tigris . Even even if you are non Yoruba and you want to learn then choose to be a student as i am routine a learner in all spheres . Did you get books or journal written by them ? On the current question of yours, since you didn't get it , I guess you can try eurogenes blogspots and see how Yorubas are been dissected . It seems people think Caucasians liked Yoruba that much that many western world want to identify with Yorubas but the evidence beforehand are mind blowing. Anyway, to make it easy for you and your likes, let me quote from one analysts called Steve, a follower of sciences Admixture of human genes as Follow; “From the article: "FST values indicate that the IAM samples are as differentiated from all other populations as Yoruba are from non-Africans (Supplementary Note 9), with the sole exception of KEB and, to a lesser extent, modern North African populations." This is confusing to me. How can they be as differentiated from other populations as Yoruba, but cluster with groups from the Near East."

Enjoy yourself
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 2:34am On Feb 05, 2018
Sorry folks ,some of you who have this thought as regard Africa are simply ignorant. In fact , I am disappointed because even the word Africa was coined by Caucasian/ Roman . No wonder you guys are not 1% of Yorubas who share this your baseless beliefs as not regarding or doing anything called research on the East migration when the whole world keep using scientific method to solve and unravel this human diversity and probable migration . If I dont study outside the box,wont I remain in your like manner? I think it is Eledumare who has given me the inner eyes which you dont have because of your haughty mindset .How can you even be so proud of a name that a subjugating/suppressive group called you and named you Africans ? Look at these set of bias people who are unwilling to learn. No wonder , you lot keep informing wrongly that ILE IFE in Nigeria was the birthplace of all Races even the Caucasians . And research has knocked this off . Just as no known connection ever pointed to Nigeria as the birthplace of humans Race but East Africa in Ethiopia as the place where the oldest human fossil was first found at first but research as dynamic as it is has knocked this off in 2017 when The oldest fossil remains of Homo sapiens, dating back to 300,000 years, was found at a site in Jebel Irhoud, Morocco. This is 100,000 years older than previously discovered fossils of Homo sapiens that have been securely dated. The discovery was presented in a study in the journal Nature . In January 2018, a prehistoric jawbone discovered in a cave in Israel has prompted scientists to rethink theories of how the earliest human pioneers came to populate the planet, suggesting that Israelis ancestors left Africa far earlier than previously thought. The fossil, dated to nearly 200,000 years ago, is almost twice as old as any previous Homo sapiens remains discovered outside Africa, where our species is thought to have originated. Ignorance is a disease that has beclouded proper thinking and information seeking. I am not the one that told ancient Yoruba to claim migration from East . And if you don't like that part of Yoruba history, then denounce being Yoruba descendants. The world is thinking about modern human evolution, you are fighting and claiming local champion over relationship with minority groups. Continue to swim in ignorance.

I am sure the haters of truth are just seeing this human fossil via me . A very few disgraceful set of people in Yoruba who chose not to showcase evidence and learn but turn to insult when good or genuine information surfaced and override their archaic unrealistic information. This is what happens when LIARS are in sensitive places and positions.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 05, 2018
Olu317:
it is obvious you want to prove me wrong with your quickie approach, despite the fact that I mentioned non Africans that mentioned Yorubas as probable migrants because of their research and collected facts about tradition, Customs, idioms and sacrifices of the Yorubas ,laying emphasis on Hebrew idioms and customs which suggests Yorubas immigrants from somewhere from Euphrates to River Tigris . Even even if you are non Yoruba and you want to learn then choose to be a student as i am routine a learner in all spheres . Did you get books or journal written by them ? On the current question of yours, since you didn't get it , I guess you can try eurogenes blogspots and see how Yorubas are been dissected . It seems people think Caucasians liked Yoruba that much that many western world want to identify with Yorubas but the evidence beforehand are mind blowing. Anyway, to make it easy for you and your likes, let me quote from one analysts called Steve, a follower of sciences Admixture of human genes as Follow; “From the article: "FST values indicate that the IAM samples are as differentiated from all other populations as Yoruba are from non-Africans (Supplementary Note 9), with the sole exception of KEB and, to a lesser extent, modern North African populations." This is confusing to me. How can they be as differentiated from other populations as Yoruba, but cluster with groups from the Near East."

Enjoy yourself

Lol! But you didnt answer my question. Normally that would really bother me but you inadvertently answered a much more important question.

See i have narrowed down the root of your confusion now, it's either you trying to be arab has made you gullible or you are just not a very smart person. No offense but this is what your ramblings betray you as.

First of all that link you mentioned was not working and hence why i posted that screenshot but God willing i will try to find that research on my own if it exists.

But I honestly feel people like you should be studied by psychologists to understand this level of self hate.

See this dude was so desperate to find anything that links yorubas to non africans (he literally googled that) and came across a comment on a blog he didnt understand. At least its progress since he cant find proper citation to save his life but this is what the comment says.

From the article: "FST values indicate that the IAM samples are as differentiated from all other populations as Yoruba are from non-Africans (Supplementary Note 9), with the sole exception of KEB and, to a lesser extent, modern North African populations." This is confusing to me. How can they be as differentiated from other populations as Yoruba, but cluster with groups from the Near East?.

Now this disturbed fella wrongly assumed that the statement was implying yorubas are non africans cheesy

First of all this research has nothing to do with yorubas whatsoever.

This statement was made in reference to a certain sample which showed no relationship to other samples and to emphasize this difference said the extent of which is similar to that of yorubas and non africans. LMAO!!! I literally rolled out of my bed reading that! I mean the research literally just stipulated that yorubas maybe the furthest thing from Non Africans.

The commenter was simply surprised at the extent of this difference because (yorubas and non Africans is quite huge).

This not only says the opposite of what you're trying to prove but if anything further proves my theory if yorubas are the standard of complete differentiation from non africans!

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2017/09/21/191569.full.pdf

Thats the link to the pdf the man was commenting on for all here who care to view. I posted a screenshot of the quoted part as well.

SMH, This is truly sad.

And in case you didn't figure it out, I DID enjoy myself. Thank you, the research had some interesting thoughts about north Africans. I'm always excited to learn new things.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 3:35am On Feb 05, 2018
Olu317:
Sorry folks ,some of you who have this thought as regard Africa are simply ignorant. In fact , I am disappointed because even the word Africa was coined by Caucasian/ Roman . No wonder you guys are not 1% of Yorubas who share this your baseless beliefs as not regarding or doing anything called research on the East migration when the whole world keep using scientific method to solve and unravel this human diversity and probable migration . If I dont study outside the box,wont I remain in your like manner? I think it is Eledumare who has given me the inner eyes which you dont have because of your haughty mindset .How can you even be so proud of a name that a subjugating/suppressive group called you and named you Africans ? Look at these set of bias people who are unwilling to learn. No wonder , you lot keep informing wrongly that ILE IFE in Nigeria was the birthplace of all Races even the Caucasians . And research has knocked this off . Just as no known connection ever pointed to Nigeria as the birthplace of humans Race but East Africa in Ethiopia as the place where the oldest human fossil was first found at first but research as dynamic as it is has knocked this off in 2017 when The oldest fossil remains of Homo sapiens, dating back to 300,000 years, was found at a site in Jebel Irhoud, Morocco. This is 100,000 years older than previously discovered fossils of Homo sapiens that have been securely dated. The discovery was presented in a study in the journal Nature . In January 2018, a prehistoric jawbone discovered in a cave in Israel has prompted scientists to rethink theories of how the earliest human pioneers came to populate the planet, suggesting that Israelis ancestors left Africa far earlier than previously thought. The fossil, dated to nearly 200,000 years ago, is almost twice as old as any previous Homo sapiens remains discovered outside Africa, where our species is thought to have originated. Ignorance is a disease that has beclouded proper thinking and information seeking. I am not the one that told ancient Yoruba to claim migration from East . And if you don't like that part of Yoruba history, then denounce being Yoruba descendants. The world is thinking about modern human evolution, you are fighting and claiming local champion over relationship with minority groups. Continue to swim in ignorance.

I am sure the haters of truth are just seeing this human fossil via me . A very few disgraceful set of people in Yoruba who chose not to showcase evidence and learn but turn to insult when good or genuine information surfaced and override their archaic unrealistic information. This is what happens when LIARS are in sensitive places and positions.

LMAO! This fella is accusing people of ignorance. Alright man. You are arab, happy? cheesy
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by isalegan2: 3:40am On Feb 05, 2018
macof:

I meant the origin of the king Oduduwa not Yoruba as a whole.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 4:46am On Feb 05, 2018
isalegan2:

I meant the origin of the king Oduduwa not Yoruba as a whole.

Ife traditions have it as Oke-ora being his origin
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 7:05am On Feb 05, 2018
macof:

@macof ,you must learn to be humble. Humility showcase the strength of a real conqueror. And if you want to be one,learn the strength and weakness of your enemy (ies) . I inferred not as your enemy but as someone who think outside the box. The ILE IFE tradition and oral account in Nigeria does not have a strong evidence for your assertion. ILE IFE glory didn't start before AD, but around 1000AD—1100 AD with heavy evidence

Controversy

1.The ILE IFE in Nigeria is not known to be older than the account adduced to more than 45,000 years
2. The Yoruba calender is 10,062 year(2017)
3. The oldest human fossil in Yoruba land ( Iwo Eleru) is 9000+ years ( No account in the study of the skull in Germany ever claimed the skull was Yoruba ancestor)
4. Oke Ora is not older than 300BC(with only evidence of animal husbandry)
5. Odu IFA mentioned Orun —Aiyè migration ( Journey from Orun by Orunméla)

Counter
1. The oldest bone was found in Morocco(approximately 300,000 years)
2. The older discovery of another fossil in China( 260,000-year-old Chinese skull )
3. The Old bone was found in Ethiopia(approximately 200,000 years old)
4 . The least among the human fossil is the bone was found in one cave in Israel(197,000—200,000)

With such investigation, how can you claim ILE IFE of Nigeria is the oldest on planet earth?
Maybe ILE IFE is the NiNEVEH of the old mesopotemia?

Learn from others and add to your knowldge.No man knows it all. The reason Almighty God remain Almighty

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 7:21am On Feb 05, 2018
Prehuman history

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by isalegan2: 11:08am On Feb 05, 2018
macof:

I stil have doubts. There may be ither connections. I will choose to keep an open eye and curious mind on the issue. E se, a du'pe.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 11:30am On Feb 05, 2018
Olu317:
@macof ,you must learn to be humble. Humility showcase the strength of a real conqueror. And if you want to be one,learn the strength and weakness of your enemy (ies) . I inferred not as your enemy but as someone who think outside the box.
Mr. man provide evidence for your claims and stop lecturing somebody who doesn't need lectures. did i tell you i need to be a nairaland conqueror

The ILE IFE tradition and oral account in Nigeria does not have a strong evidence for your assertion. ILE IFE glory didn't start before AD, but around 1000AD—1100 AD with heavy evidence

This is just plain silly. let me tell you simply - any story about the Yorubas claiming to be Historical that is not recorded in the traditions of any part of Yorubaland is not history at all but pseudo-history.
Our traditions are not perfectly detailed but fine enough to keep the knowledge of our history spanning over 800 years intact, without written historical documents this is an incredible feat.

So Yoruba traditions do not need an overbearing outside "evidence" when we say Oduduwa came from Oke-ora. What you might demand is evidence that such a claim is traditional, anything outside that is a wild goose chase. There are things that would need such evidence not this, you can then choose to take it or leave, afterall some people do not believe oduduwa existed at all, but what you have no right to do is to make a claim that has no basis in our tradition and try to sell it as History

And this Support is all over Ife, unlike Bini, who would just say Oduduwa came from Bini without that being visibly part of Bini traditions, Ile-ife and other Yoruba towns have traditional practices that support their claim - Oke-ora and Ido feature too prominently in the coronation of the Ooni, Oke-ora is where the Ooni has his ancestral shrine, it is here he collects the Ade oduduwa(different from Aare), the foot of Oke-ora is where Ido begins, it is at Ido Oduduwa planned all his attacks against Obatala etc. All these age long traditional practices coupled with oral history can stand firm enough

Controversy

1.The ILE IFE in Nigeria is not known to be older than the account adduced to more than 45,000 years
2. The Yoruba calender is 10,062 year(2017)
3. The oldest human fossil in Yoruba land ( Iwo Eleru) is 9000+ years ( No account in the study of the skull in Germany ever claimed the skull was Yoruba ancestor)
4. Oke Ora is not older than 300BC(with only evidence of animal husbandry)
5. Odu IFA mentioned Orun —Aiyè migration ( Journey from Orun by Orunméla)

Counter
1. The oldest bone was found in Morocco(approximately 300,000 years)
2. The older discovery of another fossil in China( 260,000-year-old Chinese skull )
3. The Older bone was found in Ethiopia(approximately 200,000 years old)
4 . The Old one bone was just found in one cave in Israel(197,000—200,000)

With such investigation, how can you claim ILE IFE of Nigeria is the oldest on planet earth?
Maybe ILE IFE is the NiNEVEH of the old mesopotemia?

Learn from others and add to your knowldge.No man knows it all. The reason Almighty God remain Almighty

The tradition of Ife being the oldest city on the planet is quite understandable considering it is the oldest city in the ancient world of the Yoruba ancestors, they with limited knowledge of the world's geography would of course have believed Ife to be the oldest city in the world, more proof that we Yorubas did not come from Mesopotamia or Middle east, if we did we would have had better knowledge of the "outside world"

It does not matter how old Ife is, I am not talking about the myth of creation or Ife's beginning here but King Oduduwa's possible origin. King Oduduwa did not exist before Ife, Ife was already a booming center, that is what attracted oduduwa to go as far as he went to be King

Note: I say 'King oduduwa' to separate him from the creation myth

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 11:31am On Feb 05, 2018
isalegan2:

I stil have doubts. There may be ither connections. I will choose to keep an open eye and curious mind on the issue. E se, a du'pe.
It is ok to have doubts but Ife traditions say it is Oke-ora
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 05, 2018
Olu317:
Prehuman history

No reply? What's Hamitic? The other points? A reliable source? Nothing? LOL

Seems you've given up on trying to directly find research connections that confirm your theory, you should. There isn't one.

Now you've resorted to a more general approach claiming fossil evidence and theories of overall human origins.

But do you know the fossils you speak of belong to some races that are actually extinct? This is the problem about when you keep trying to talk about things that you don't understand.

Homo sapiens (the current human race) are believed to have first set out of East Africa. The oldest traces of homo sapiens is only 200 000 years old in Africa. A lot of things may have happened within this period but if you're trying to trace time all through this period then you're a lost cause.

Migration patterns may have differed with some staying in Africa and others obviously moving to other regions but there is no evidence to suggest yorubas were anywhere other than Africa.

Again the question is if homo sapiens came out from Africa, why are you trying so hard to prove you didn't set out from Africa when not only are you exclusively African by all definitions but by a broader sense of overall human ancestry? Are you saying you left Africa, moved to the middle east and the came back (even if for the sake of this funny debate we agree this is true), how does it mean you're not of african origin?

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 7:06am On Feb 06, 2018
macof:
Mr. man provide evidence for your claims and stop lecturing somebody who doesn't need lectures. did i tell you i need to be a nairaland conqueror

This is just plain silly. let me tell you simply - any story about the Yorubas claiming to be Historical that is not recorded in the traditions of any part of Yorubaland is not history at all but pseudo-history.
Our traditions are not perfectly detailed but fine enough to keep the knowledge of our history spanning over 800 years intact, without written historical documents this is an incredible feat.

So Yoruba traditions do not need an overbearing outside "evidence" when we say Oduduwa came from Oke-ora. What you might demand is evidence that such a claim is traditional, anything outside that is a wild goose chase. There are things that would need such evidence not this, you can then choose to take it or leave, afterall some people do not believe oduduwa existed at all, but what you have no right to do is to make a claim that has no basis in our tradition and try to sell it as History

And this Support is all over Ife, unlike Bini, who would just say Oduduwa came from Bini without that being visibly part of Bini traditions, Ile-ife and other Yoruba towns have traditional practices that support their claim - Oke-ora and Ido feature too prominently in the coronation of the Ooni, Oke-ora is where the Ooni has his ancestral shrine, it is here he collects the Ade oduduwa(different from Aare), the foot of Oke-ora is where Ido begins, it is at Ido Oduduwa planned all his attacks against Obatala etc. All these age long traditional practices coupled with oral history can stand firm enough

The tradition of Ife being the oldest city on the planet is quite understandable considering it is the oldest city in the ancient world of the Yoruba ancestors, they with limited knowledge of the world's geography would of course have believed Ife to be the oldest city in the world, more proof that we Yorubas did not come from Mesopotamia or Middle east, if we did we would have had better knowledge of the "outside world"

It does not matter how old Ife is, I am not talking about the myth of creation or Ife's beginning here but King Oduduwa's possible origin. King Oduduwa did not exist before Ife, Ife was already a booming center, that is what attracted oduduwa to go as far as he went to be King

Note: I say 'King oduduwa' to separate him from the creation myth
I referred you to journal written on Genetic and Yoruba domicile in West Africa, you didn't bother to check it so what is the point? I referred you to journal that mentioned Yoruba as having DNA connection to Neanderthal ,which was researched by David Reich, you threw it away . Dierk Lange did Research on Yoruba history via interaction with Oyo's court account from which kings like Oluaso, Pekah existed etc and pronounced Yoruba as Hebrew —Semetic group, instead of you to do research, you doubted it. What about A.C burns's account and interview? And the Odu IFA, that you and I know as the most potent historic source of yorubas mentioned account outside Yoruba land of Nigeria Or can you specifically identify the location known as Orun that Orunméla journeyed from to Aiyè? Since you are vast in yoruba knowledge, where exactly was Ikolè Orun that was mentioned in Odu IFA ? Can you tell us the reason , many Semitic words are shared with Yorubas outside Islam? Or are they coincedental ? So also did /do Yoruba Herb practitioners ,whom are associated with Osanyin , ,specifically mentioned the reigns of Alara, Ajéro,Olugbon (Priests—Leaders) . Did these people reign in Nigeria? Otun Ekiti specifically mentioned that his ancestors were ally to Adimula and that Otun group emerged from the sea? Can you counter such? Have you been to Idanre hill to view the Ark that is there? Is there any account in Yorubaland in Nigeria that proof king Odua(Adimula/Adimunia) as having ancestors from within ? No no no ,unless you have more evidence to share with us all. Lastly, I don't expect you to be a NL conqueror but a figurative expression for you to think outside the box.

N.B
People who are afraid of making effort in researching will always end up as a backward people. I am sure you know Yoruba ancestors were risk takers,which made them outstanding.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 06, 2018
Olu317:
I referred you to journal written on Genetic and Yoruba domicile in West Africa, you didn't bother to check it so what is the point? I referred you to journal that mentioned Yoruba as having DNA connection to Neanderthal ,which was researched by David Reich, you threw it away . Dierk Lange did Research on Yoruba history via interaction with Oyo's court account from which kings like Oluaso, Pekah existed etc and pronounced Yoruba as Hebrew —Semetic group, instead of you to do research, you doubted it. What about A.C burns's account and interview? And the Odu IFA, that you and I know as the most potent historic source of yorubas mentioned account outside Yoruba land of Nigeria Or can you specifically identify the location known as Orun that Orunméla journeyed from to Aiyè? Since you are vast in yoruba knowledge, where exactly was Ikolè Orun that was mentioned in Odu IFA ? Can you tell us the reason , many Semitic words are shared with Yorubas outside Islam? Or are they coincedental ? So also did /do Yoruba Herb practitioners ,whom are associated with Osanyin , ,specifically mentioned the reigns of Alara, Ajéro,Olugbon (Priests—Leaders) . Did these people reign in Nigeria? Otun Ekiti specifically mentioned that his ancestors were ally to Adimula and that Otun group emerged from the sea? Can you counter such? Have you been to Idanre hill to view the Ark that is there? Is there any account in Yorubaland in Nigeria that proof king Odua(Adimula/Adimunia) as having ancestors from within ? No no no ,unless you have more evidence to share with us all. Lastly, I don't expect you to be a NL conqueror but a figurative expression for you to think outside the box.

N.B
People who are afraid of making effort in researching will always end up as a backward people. I am sure you know Yoruba ancestors were risk takers,which made them outstanding.

Interesting references you have here. You should get a reply as soon as I am able to go through the works of these people but David Reichs only work find said the opposite of what you're trying to say. Maybe I'm not digging deep enough but will try to find them. It'd be more helpful if you actually mention the titles of these works when using them as references.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

No reply? What's Hamitic? The other points? A reliable source? Nothing? LOL

Seems you've given up on trying to directly find research connections that confirm your theory, you should. There isn't one.

Now you've resorted to a more general approach claiming fossil evidence and theories of overall human origins.

But do you know the fossils you speak of belong to some races that are actually extinct? This is the problem about when you keep trying to talk about things that you don't understand.

Homo sapiens (the current human race) are believed to have first set out of East Africa. The oldest traces of homo sapiens is only 200 000 years old in Africa. A lot of things may have happened within this period but if you're trying to trace time all through this period then you're a lost cause.

Migration patterns may have differed with some staying in Africa and others obviously moving to other regions but there is no evidence to suggest yorubas were anywhere other than Africa.

Again the question is if homo sapiens came out from Africa, why are you trying so hard to prove you didn't set out from Africa when not only are you exclusively African by all definitions but by a broader sense of overall human ancestry? Are you saying you left Africa, moved to the middle east and the came back (even if for the sake of this funny debate we agree this is true), how does it mean you're not of african origin?

Look at your assertion on homo sapien existence as being 200,000 years ? When in fact new discovery has shown 300,000 years(Morocco), 260,000 years(China), 200,000 years(in Israel) What a pity! This show the depth of your knowledge still living in 2015(approximately three Years ago). If you want to criticise,learn to be well prepared. I wont go further than this .
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
Olu317:
Look at your assertion on homo sapien existence as being 200,000 years ? When in fact new discovery has shown 300,000 years(Morocco), 260,000 years(China), 200,000 years(in Israel) What a pity! This show the depth of your knowledge still living in 2015(approximately three Years ago). If you want to criticise,learn to be well prepared. I wont go further than this .

Lmao. I've literally had to go about begging for a response from you. Now you want an excuse to escape the argument? cheesy

Anyways. Morocco is still in Africa so that doesn't change any of my argument apparently a new discovery published late 2017 so just a few months ago. But can you please go back and address these other points?

And I thought you claimed this man to be an Arab pagan who ran away, why are we even talking about the origin of homo sapiens? cheesy

But if you want to run I guess I understand. I guess sometimes people just want to be left to their own delusions.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Lmao. I've literally had to go about begging for a response from you. Now you want an excuse to escape the argument? cheesy

Anyways. Morocco is still in Africa so that doesn't change any of my argument apparently a new discovery published late 2017 so just a few months ago. But can you please go back and address these other points?

And I thought you claimed this man to be an Arab pagan who ran away, why are we even talking about the origin of homo sapiens? cheesy

But if you want to run I guess I understand. I guess sometimes people just want to be left to their own delusions.
Run from who or what? My pyganeric is all about seeing challenges and facing it. We do subdue challenges and dont fear no man. You better be weary of me . No wonder it seems you have been brainwashed by Samuel Ajayi Crowther's book. A great man, he was, but there were too many conspicous mistakes in this book. Better read other books or at best go on investigative mission to ILE IFE and all the location the descendants of the Odua lives(laughing hysterically) . A real big work(research) for you......

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2018
Olu317:
Run from who or what? My pyganeric is all about seeing challenges and facing it. We do subdue challenges and dont fear no man. You better be weary of me . No wonder it seems you have been brainwashed by Samuel Ajayi Crowther's book. A great man, he was, but there were too many conspicous mistakes in this book. Better read other books or at best go on investigative mission to ILE IFE and all the location the descendants of the Odua lives(laughing hysterically) . A real big work(research) for you......

Brainwashed. LOL

Okay man. Like i said, i am not yoruba. This is none of my business so it's all good.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
Olu317:

And where in Ife did you get that oduduwa is from Mecca or anywhere outside Africa?
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
macof:

And where in Ife did you get that oduduwa is from Mecca or anywhere outside Africa?
Well,there is no known history that didn't mentioned Adimula/Adimunia as an aborigine of the ILE IFE that Odua and his group surfaced. I mentioned his group because , there is no way Odua would have been able to subdued everyone under his feet if he had no supporters outside the ones that will naturally be his supporters within the location he resided. Yeah,the Oral history mentioned a coming King , but from where? And if logical is applied , then it is obvious, they must have camped at a place within Oke Ora before emergence and reestablishment of his monarchial system, which he knew about . I infer on this because the period between Obatala and Adimunia(Odua/ Olofin) was the greatest in terms of rivalry either spiritually or physical prowess. The ritual that is attached to the house of Odua involves Ram's sacrifice etc . Do you know that Obatala worshippers are not the only one that uses white ? Do think the uses of white by Oonis is by fashion or Ogboni association ? Am sure, you know these things. If Odua worshipped God with white Ram( what is associated to ancestors) and used white Cockerel, doves, pigeon etc, do you not see reason to compare with other people with such tradition? Well, you wont really understand, except you feel his descendants feel ,that challenges whoever insult their ancestor. I am sure you heard why Shango went to fight and search for the people that insulted his ancestor. I am sure you know Oranmiyan came back to take back the throne. This is always the driving force for inquisitiveness and research. Many books were written but a lot only did surface research and generalisation. This is because the secrecy in ILE IFE allowed many information to be swept away because both men ancestors are not even identifiable. Perhaps, you can share your knowledge on it if you know.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
macof:

Well,there is no known history that did mentioned Adimula/Adimunia as an aborigine of the ILE IFE that Odua and his group surfaced. I mentioned his group because , there is no way Odua would have been able to subdued everyone under his feet if he had no supporters outside the ones that will naturally be his supporters within the location he resided. Yeah,the Oral history mentioned a coming King , but from where? And if logical is applied , then it is obvious, they must have camped at a place within Oke Ora before emergence and reestablishment of his monarchial system, which he knew about . I infer on this because the period between Obatala and Adimunia(Odua/ Olofin) was the greatest in terms of rivalry either spiritually or physical prowess. The ritual that is attached to the house of Odua involves Ram's sacrifice etc . Do you know that Obatala worshippers are not the only one that uses white ? Do think the uses of white by Oonis is by fashion or Ogboni association ? Am sure, you know these things. If Odua worshipped God with white Ram( what is associated to ancestors) and used white Cockerel, doves, pigeon etc, do you not see reason to compare with other people with such tradition? Well, you wont really understand, except you feel his descendants feel ,that challenges whoever insult their ancestor. I am sure you heard why Shango went to fight and search for the people that insulted his ancestor. I am sure you know Oranmiyan came back to take back the throne. This is always the driving force for inquisitiveness and research. Many books were written but a lot only did surface research and generalisation. This is because the secrecy in ILE IFE allowed many information to be swept away because both men ancestors are not even identifiable. Perhaps, you can share your knowledge on it if you know...
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 09, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

I'm not the biased one here, i have nothing to gain or lose if you can prove what your saying, if anything i am hoping you're right so my opinion of you would be wrong but no one will look at those sculptures and see any similarities like you claim.

I completely disagree, sculptures made from gold and other metals by the akans are far better than the best yoruba sculptures, its not even close.

Can you please cite the article or publication where this leo fella made this claim?

Uhmm LOL then you're very ignorant of your own country. I know hausas call fathers baba, or uba and even abba, its as if you actual stole those words because those words as far as i know are used by hausas. Apart from them i know other northern minorities that use the same.

WOW! Olodumare has now turned to el edumare? LOL Why are you so desperate? Besides, why does it being that prove anything, you do know if you try to find similarities between all languages in the world you will find a few no matter how unrelated yes? Mind you kanuri hausa spanish all have words with el and even al(more suited to semitic languages). And thats just off the top of my head.

I have been humble, i have been begging to at least give me one reputable citation and yet you cant? what more can i do? Please pull me out of my ignorance, i need just one citation!

And stop using the word tribe, yoruba is an ethnicity, just like igbo, fulani, irish, hausa, arab etc are all ethnicities.

I read through your debate and, I swear to God, the emboldened part killed me. It had me busting up in public like someone with a mental problem.

——

The ‘Hamitic’ hypothesis of Egypt/Mecca/Israel has been thoroughly debated by authorities and NLers over the years History, Archeology, Linguistics and Science as you’ve also done. Not only does the ‘Hamitic’ Hypothesis not make sense, it is pure fantasy stretched out of Sultan Bello’s information as recorded by Clapperton and revised by Samuel Johnson.

Early Yoruba historians bought research from the late 90s began to lay hands on proper facts that threw the ‘Hamitic’ Hypothesis in the trash a long time ago but of course, almost yearly on NL, we see people pushing it & even coming up with the most comical claims. grin

I enjoyed you folks’ debate though, splendid.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 09, 2018
macof:
I wonder. It is really sad that Africans hate their identity so much..

Imagine Eledumare is now El edumare. When it comes to this madness of linking Yorubas to outside Africa they lose all senses and connect the unrelated

One person once said Ebora is Deborah grin

Baba wetin ‘mans’ nor go see for this neo-Historians of Yoruba history? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ten Popular Mind Control Techniques Used Today / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake / Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.