Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' (21126 Views)

DHA 2020: Ooni Of Ife Receives Imperial Royal Father Of The Year Awards In Abuja / Why A King's Wife Is The Queen, But A Queen's Husband Isn't The King? / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 09, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

What connection? Lol.

So being a traditionalist means thinking you are from Arabia?

You lot are truly confused. May whichever god you believe in correct the mental damage that has been inflicted on you.

Such an irony, I think.

We Yoruba traditionalist know ourselves. We do not think of Arab or any sources outside Yoruba land. For most non-western educated Yoruba traditionalist, everything is spiritual at max e.g Oduduwa descending with a chain; Obatala moulding man & the likes. No traditionalist thinks of Arab or Egypt.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 09, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Lol! But you didnt answer my question. Normally that would really bother me but you inadvertently answered a much more important question.

See i have narrowed down the root of your confusion now, it's either you trying to be arab has made you gullible or you are just not a very smart person. No offense but this is what your ramblings betray you as.

First of all that link you mentioned was not working and hence why i posted that screenshot but God willing i will try to find that research on my own if it exists.

But I honestly feel people like you should be studied by psychologists to understand this level of self hate.

See this dude was so desperate to find anything that links yorubas to non africans (he literally googled that) and came across a comment on a blog he didnt understand. At least its progress since he cant find proper citation to save his life but this is what the comment says.

From the article: "FST values indicate that the IAM samples are as differentiated from all other populations as Yoruba are from non-Africans (Supplementary Note 9), with the sole exception of KEB and, to a lesser extent, modern North African populations." This is confusing to me. How can they be as differentiated from other populations as Yoruba, but cluster with groups from the Near East?.

Now this disturbed fella wrongly assumed that the statement was implying yorubas are non africans cheesy

First of all this research has nothing to do with yorubas whatsoever.

This statement was made in reference to a certain sample which showed no relationship to other samples and to emphasize this difference said the extent of which is similar to that of yorubas and non africans. LMAO!!! I literally rolled out of my bed reading that! I mean the research literally just stipulated that yorubas maybe the furthest thing from Non Africans.

The commenter was simply surprised at the extent of this difference because (yorubas and non Africans is quite huge).

This not only says the opposite of what you're trying to prove but if anything further proves my theory if yorubas are the standard of complete differentiation from non africans!

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2017/09/21/191569.full.pdf

Thats the link to the pdf the man was commenting on for all here who care to view. I posted a screenshot of the quoted part as well.

SMH, This is truly sad.

And in case you didn't figure it out, I DID enjoy myself. Thank you, the research had some interesting thoughts about north Africans. I'm always excited to learn new things.

I am dying.

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
Olu317:
Well,there is no known history that didn't mentioned Adimula/Adimunia as an aborigine of the ILE IFE that Odua and his group surfaced. I mentioned his group because , there is no way Odua would have been able to subdued everyone under his feet if he had no supporters outside the ones that will naturally be his supporters within the location he resided. Yeah,the Oral history mentioned a coming King , but from where? And if logical is applied , then it is obvious, they must have camped at a place within Oke Ora before emergence and reestablishment of his monarchial system, which he knew about . I infer on this because the period between Obatala and Adimunia(Odua/ Olofin) was the greatest in terms of rivalry either spiritually or physical prowess. The ritual that is attached to the house of Odua involves Ram's sacrifice etc . Do you know that Obatala worshippers are not the only one that uses white ? Do think the uses of white by Oonis is by fashion or Ogboni association ? Am sure, you know these things. If Odua worshipped God with white Ram( what is associated to ancestors) and used white Cockerel, doves, pigeon etc, do you not see reason to compare with other people with such tradition? Well, you wont really understand, except you feel his descendants feel ,that challenges whoever insult their ancestor. I am sure you heard why Shango went to fight and search for the people that insulted his ancestor. I am sure you know Oranmiyan came back to take back the throne. This is always the driving force for inquisitiveness and research. Many books were written but a lot only did surface research and generalisation. This is because the secrecy in ILE IFE allowed many information to be swept away because both men ancestors are not even identifiable. Perhaps, you can share your knowledge on it if you know.

undecided cry What is all this? ram sacrifice, sango, oranmiyan went back to take the throne, obatala wearing white.. What do these have to do with Oduduwa coming from Mecca
you are just saying things that do not concern the topic. And WTF is Adimunia?...it is Adimula

You are not normal o, something is really wrong in your head

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
macof:

undecided cry What is all this? ram sacrifice, sango, oranmiyan went back to take the throne, obatala wearing white.. What do these have to do with Oduduwa coming from Mecca
you are just saying things that do not concern the topic. And WTF is Adimunia?...it is Adimula

You are not normal o, something is really wrong in your head
You see, it is hard for you to comprehend because you do not have Omoluabi bloodline in you,which is the reason you use vulgar word so cheaply. In ILE IFE , Adimula is pronounced as in the form of Adimunia . In fact so many words were interchange in yoruba Braille,because Oyo descendants and apologists were the first set of educated Yorubas. Do you have no knowledge that Èri was changed to Ori,Eledumare was changed to Olodumare,Edumare was changed to Odumare,Umolé( Umalé being used by itsekiri) was changed to Imolé, Alujonu was changed to Anjonu? What's your point? I had mentioned ‘logical'explanation with my analysis as regard names of Odua descendants as it regard their sojourn in different places. So ,you can see,you are the one that need learn. And specifically when I mentioned Oranmiyan ,Sango,are only meant to testify to the manner , these descendants excelled,to justify their ancestor's territory conquest and name. If you don't understand what Ram sacrifice to Odua,then practically you have no knowledge of Odua apart from the books you read. Let me be plain, the Oranmiyan form of sacrifical worship is to who if not to ancestors ? Who told you I accepted the theory of Mecca nor did I accept ILE IFE Nigeria? Even archeology has just subdued Yoruba's claim even by Israel being more than 190,000 years older than human fossil discovery. Honestly, Eledumare is too awesome. Macof ,go and do more research and stop being hateful. In as much that Odua came from somewhere as a migrant,then he could have come from the set of people that uses Ram as sacrifice . Be mindful, that your Egypt didnt kill Ram but worship Ram .However, I can inform you that no one within ancient Africa , sacrifice Ram likened to Odua and Yoruba except Hebrew . Or did you know any yoruba history that mentioned, Ram sacrifice to Obatala ? Amother interesting is the similarity in names of certain things. Take for instance, Yoruba IFA( Oracle) is similar to Hebrew Ephod ( Oracle). If IFE can be on Togo,then ILE IFE could have been anywhere because there is NINEVEH in Middle East . What about ONIAS in Egypt? or The Yeb( dont even go far to Israel to look for Jebusites) in Egypt's which similar to Jebus of Yorubas. I have studied and did comparison. You will remain like some Yorubas that knows Odu IFA ,especially the one that talked about Eledumare and his Creation power (exactly like the hebrew's God account of Creation) that had existed uncountable years which ILE IFE Nigeria can't defend.

Oga go and study like a scholar which must be outside your Yoruba own's account.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 10:02pm On Feb 09, 2018
Olu317:
You see, it is hard for you to comprehend because you do not have Omoluabi bloodline in you,which is the reason you use vulgar word so cheaply. In ILE IFE , Adimula is pronounced as in the form of Adimunia . In fact so many words were interchange in yoruba Braille,because Oyo descendants and apologists were the first set of educated Yorubas. Do you have no knowledge that Èri was changed to Ori,Eledumare was changed to Olodumare,Edumare was changed to Odumare,Umolé( Umalé being used by itsekiri) was changed to Imolé, Alujonu was changed to Anjonu? What's your point? I had mentioned ‘logical'explanation with my analysis as regard names of Odua descendants as it regard their sojourn in different places. So ,you can see,you are the one that need learn. And specifically when I mentioned Oranmiyan ,Sango,are only meant to testify to the manner , these descendants excelled,to justify their ancestor's territory conquest and name. If you don't understand what Ram sacrifice to Odua,then practically you have no knowledge of Odua apart from the books you read. Let me be plain, the Oranmiyan form of sacrifical worship is to who if not to ancestors ? Who told you I accepted the theory of Mecca nor did I accept ILE IFE Nigeria? Even archeology has just subdued Yoruba's claim even by Israel being more than 190,000 years older than human fossil discovery. Honestly, Eledumare is too awesome. Macof ,go and do more research and stop being hateful. In as much that Odua came from somewhere as a migrant,then he could have come from the set of people that uses Ram as sacrifice . Be mindful, that your Egypt didnt kill Ram but worship Ram .However, I can inform you that no one within ancient Africa , sacrifice Ram likened to Odua and Yoruba except Hebrew . Or did you know any yoruba history that mentioned, Ram sacrifice to Obatala ? Amother interesting is the similarity in names of certain things. Take for instance, Yoruba IFA( Oracle) is similar to Hebrew Ephod ( Oracle). If IFE can be on Togo,then ILE IFE could have been anywhere because there is NINEVEH in Middle East . What about ONIAS in Egypt? or The Yeb( dont even go far to Israel to look for Jebusites) in Egypt's which similar to Jebus of Yorubas. I have studied and did comparison. You will remain like some Yorubas that knows Odu IFA ,especially the one that talked about Eledumare and his Creation power (exactly like the hebrew's God account of Creation) that had existed uncountable years which ILE IFE Nigeria can't defend.

Oga go and study like a scholar which must be outside your Yoruba own's account.

You have a mental problem. go fix yourself
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by sherlock229(m): 9:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
Olu317:

I want to know why you're so obsessed with middle eastern origin myth, but to be fair, I'm kinda believing you, I'm not yoruba though but can you prove your claims? with reliable source pls? I mean most yorubas looks the same as other West Africans.

can you tell me where I'm from, judging by my picture? just guess
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 4:01am On Feb 11, 2018
sherlock229:

I want to know why you're so obsessed with middle eastern origin myth, but to be fair, I'm kinda believing you, I'm not yoruba though but can you prove your claims? with reliable source pls? I mean most yorubas looks the same as other West Africans.

You look Yoruba and quite frankly would be surprised if you were from anywhere else. Maybe the middle belt? But my best guess is Yoruba.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2018
sherlock229:

Uhmmm, obsessed to what Middle East? You see, ignorance is the bane to backwardness because if one's mind is programmed without exploring,such individual becomes stagnant. Human history all started within somewhere around East Africa—Middle East/ Asia. Archeology has proven this correctly beyond reasonable doubt. How do you now use obsessed to Middle East? The Middle East is the most conquered territory in human history, so what's the point supporting such territory? After all, everyone want to be associated with super power. Who will naturally want to associate with Hebrew people who had been bruised,suppressed, oppressed, enslaved,scattered from their habitual environment by different groups? No ,I wouldn't do such but here the world of ancient heard of the God of these people and Inquisition begun about these claimant of Supreme God being their father. Ethiopia is acknowledged by Scholars to have existed thousands of years before West Africa, Libya had existed before West Africa, Egypt(Kemet) had existed before West Africa( all these mentioned territories are supported by archeology). Why then do we fold hands and let ego control our mindset. Now, human physical features has nothing to do with tribes because, hybrids is a major factor because all human beings are relatedl. Take for instance, Bob Marley's father was a white man while his mother was a coloured woman .And today nearly young pman except through historical and pictorial evidence can support this claim if Bob Marley's descendants talked about this information if they decided to claim White man's descendants, wouldnt they be correct? .Mind you, I only use this as an example because of hybrids of people. The West African people that you and I know were migrants in one way or the other because Human fossil in West Africa has no proof to show being older in any comparison with Ethiopia or Morocco. Perhaps in the nearest future ? I am not the one with that did all the archeological finding via excavations, was I? Why do some people feel bittered about information that looks alike and counter their claim?After all there was a history of man that came from middle East as emissary to Lower Egypt , who met Hebrew/Jewish settlers ,who was a descendants of King David himself ,Known as Onias . He built a new temple and rivalled with the older settlement and their leaders. He took over the control of the city and the city was known as the LAND OF ONIAS( Look similar to ILE IFE's account in which OONI means Owner of the land).There are evidence in Egypt and the account of this history exist even if the whereabouts of these Hebrews are unknown till this day. The more research we embark on the more evidence we will find. Yorubas history is beyond Samuel Ajayi Crowther, Samuel Johnson, Olumide Lucas, Bolaji Idowu and Captain Clapperton's Account of Yoruba history . These are the problems with many people that try to supress the truth yet IFA they hide inside as the fundamental basis for Yoruba tradition had record like the Biblical Account of God and his First spoken word .
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by sherlock229(m): 9:43am On Feb 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

You look Yoruba and quite frankly would be surprised if you were from anywhere else. Maybe the middle belt? But my best guess is Yoruba.

I am yoruba lol.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 11, 2018
sherlock229:

I am yoruba lol.

I knew it. Not to brag but I'm very good at these things.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by sherlock229(m): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

I knew it. Not to brag but I'm very good at these things.
which tribe are you from ?
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 10:19am On Feb 11, 2018
sherlock229:

ethnic group sir. Please learn to stop using the word "tribe"

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2018
Reading outside West Africa account will do some diehard Yoruba people who practically are obsessed to certain pseudo information a lot of good.
Let me recommend two books for a start .
Namely;
1. Wonderful Ethiopians of the Ancient Cushite Empire
2. Lower Egyptians communities and their relationship with Southern Levant in the 4th Millennium BC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 11, 2018
sherlock229:

*Ethnicity.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2018
sherlock229:

I am yoruba lol.
Looking at your picture isn't enough criteria to be classified as Yoruba. Although, some people may be good at guesses but not all guesses are always true. Virtually the mistake people outside Yoruba enclave always consider the typical tribal marks of Oyo and enclave as a criteria to identify all Yoruba. But this has no bearing on Yoruba facial look because Yoruba of different clan identify themselves via mark and some Yoruba marks can be mistaken for some southern Nigeria etc.. The point here is that you are Yoruba with whatever look if your ancestors were Yorubas.
And good to know this about your Yoruba identity.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 11, 2018
Olu317:
Looking at your picture isn't enough criteria to be classified as Yoruba. Although, some people may be good at guesses but not all guesses are always true. Virtually the mistake people outside Yoruba enclave always consider the typical tribal marks of Oyo and enclave as a criteria to identify all Yoruba. But this has no bearing on Yoruba facial look because Yoruba of different clan identify themselves via mark and some Yoruba marks can be mistaken for some southern Nigeria etc.. The point here is that you are Yoruba with whatever look if your ancestors were Yorubas.
And good to know this about your Yoruba identity.

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 11, 2018
Olu317:
Uhmmm, obsessed to what Middle East? You see, ignorance is the bane to backwardness because if one's mind is programmed without exploring,such individual becomes stagnant. Human history all started within somewhere around East Africa—Middle East/ Asia. Archeology has proven this correctly beyond reasonable doubt. How do you now use obsessed to Middle East? The Middle East is the most conquered territory in human history, so what's the point supporting such territory? After all, everyone want to be associated with super power. Who will naturally want to associate with Hebrew people who had been bruised,suppressed, oppressed, enslaved,scattered from their habitual environment by different groups? No ,I wouldn't do such but here the world of ancient heard of the God of these people and Inquisition begun about these claimant of Supreme God being their father. Ethiopia is acknowledged by Scholars to have existed thousands of years before West Africa, Libya had existed before West Africa, Egypt(Kemet) had existed before West Africa( all these mentioned territories are supported by archeology). Why then do we fold hands and let ego control our mindset. Now, human physical features has nothing to do with tribes because, hybrids is a major factor because all human beings are relatedl. Take for instance, Bob Marley's father was a white man while his mother was a coloured woman .And today nearly young pman except through historical and pictorial evidence can support this claim if Bob Marley's descendants talked about this information if they decided to claim White man's descendants, wouldnt they be correct? .Mind you, I only use this as an example because of hybrids of people. The West African people that you and I know were migrants in one way or the other because Human fossil in West Africa has no proof to show being older in any comparison with Ethiopia or Morocco. Perhaps in the nearest future ? I am not the one with that did all the archeological finding via excavations, was I? Why do some people feel bittered about information that looks alike and counter their claim?After all there was a history of man that came from middle East as emissary to Lower Egypt , who met Hebrew/Jewish settlers ,who was a descendants of King David himself ,Known as Onias . He built a new temple and rivalled with the older settlement and their leaders. He took over the control of the city and the city was known as the LAND OF ONIAS( Look similar to ILE IFE's account in which OONI means Owner of the land).There are evidence in Egypt and the account of this history exist even if the whereabouts of these Hebrews are unknown till this day. The more research we embark on the more evidence we will find. Yorubas history is beyond Samuel Ajayi Crowther, Samuel Johnson, Olumide Lucas, Bolaji Idowu and Captain Clapperton's Account of Yoruba history . These are the problems with many people that try to supress the truth yet IFA they hide inside as the fundamental basis for Yoruba tradition had record like the Biblical Account of God and his First spoken word .

I really tried not to dable in your engagement but since you keep throwing IFA as your source, it would be a betrayal on my part if someone calls on Ifa to bear witness to something that may he false & not raise alarm being an Awo.

You should please cite what Odu of Ifa talked about the biblical account of God & his first spoken word.

I doubt the authenticity of this but please, I am waiting. If you cite the Odu & even quote it, I will personally go & discard my Ifa and cut all ties with it.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2018
macof:

You have a mental problem. go fix yourself
I am here to bring you macof to your knees . You claim you are knowledgeable on Yoruba IFA , why does ODU OSA OGUDA says this in one of its verse;
In Odu Ifa Osa Ogunda, part of a verse says, “Iri tu wili tu wili la fi da ile aye, la bu da ile,” which means, “Dews pouring lightly, pouring lightly, was used to create the earth world in order that goodness could come forth into existence at once.”? Does this not look like the biblical account?

..... .....
Ifa is the Oracle. Ela is that invisible energy that moves between the oracle and Orunmila, and between Ori and Olodumare – the umbilical cord. Ela is Oro after it hits the primordial abyss. Oro, as primordial matter, has an innate urge to communicate.
The oro that drops from the elderly is stupendous
It was divined for oro-oro-oro
Who did not have anyone to communicate with and started groaning
HOORO, HOO-ORO! (Ogbon, Imo, Oye, descend!)
Olodumare made HOO (Ogbon, Imo, Oye)
HOO descended to become Hoo-ro (I can’t help but notice the similarity between Hoo-ro and Horus)
Ela made Oro digestible and useful to human needs
Ela is the manifestation of the primal urge to communicate. It is the link between human and God; human and human; and human and the universe. This extensionistic conception, prevalent in all religions, is Oro, which manifested is Ela.

Categorically, ‘El'( Eli)is God of Hebrew. Infact the creative power of God of Hebrew was his word . Even Yoruba Almighty God 'El edumare ( Edumare stand as God even in Odu IFA OSA OGUDA) Is God and he created Oro known in ODU IFA OSA OGUDA as Ela.How were they similar?

I have given fact in the above statement even inside the Odu IFA ,which is part of your stronghold in Yorubaism.

Who need to get fixed and be more studious? It is you because Ela reside in me.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 11:17am On Feb 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

I really tried not to dable in your engagement but since you keep throwing IFA as your source, it would be a betrayal on my part if someone calls on Ifa to bear witness to something that may he false & not raise alarm being an Awo.

You should please cite what Odu of Ifa talked about the biblical account of God & his first spoken word.

I doubt the authenticity of this but please, I am waiting. If you cite the Odu & even quote it, I will personally go & discard my Ifa and cut all ties with it.
Have you seen it ? Tell me that IFA verse isnt true.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 11:22am On Feb 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Not ready to engage you beyond this moment . I have opined my perspective.Either it is true or not , this platform has for and against even if such opinion is true or lie.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2018
Olu317:
Have you seen it ? Tell me that IFA verse isnt true.

Tell you what Ifa verse isn’t true? I am waiting for you to tell everyone what Ifa talked about the biblical God and his first spoken word like you said here:

These are the problems with many people that try to supress the truth yet IFA they hide inside as the fundamental basis for Yoruba tradition had record like the Biblical Account of God and his First spoken word.

Please, I am waiting for you to mention rhe odu and quote the ese ifa. I’ll be waiting and thank you in earnest.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 11:51am On Feb 11, 2018
Olu317:
I am here to bring you macof to your knees . You claim you are knowledgeable on Yoruba IFA , why does ODU OSA OGUDA says this in one of its verse;
In Odu Ifa Osa Ogunda, part of a verse says, “Iri tu wili tu wili la fi da ile aye, la bu da ile,” which means, “Dews pouring lightly, pouring lightly, was used to create the earth world in order that goodness could come forth into existence at once.”? Does this not look like the biblical account?

..... .....
Ifa is the Oracle. Ela is that invisible energy that moves between the oracle and Orunmila, and between Ori and Olodumare – the umbilical cord. Ela is Oro after it hits the primordial abyss. Oro, as primordial matter, has an innate urge to communicate.
HOO descended to become Hoo-ro (I can’t help but notice the similarity between Hoo-ro and Horus)
Ela is the manifestation of the primal urge to communicate. It is the link between human and God; human and human; and human and the universe. This extensionistic conception, prevalent in all religions, is Oro, which manifested is Ela.

Categorically, ‘El'( Eli)is God of Hebrew. Infact the creative power of God of Hebrew was his word . Even Yoruba Almighty God 'El edumare ( Edumare stand as God even in Odu IFA OSA OGUDA) Is God and he created Oro known in ODU IFA OSA OGUDA as Ela.How were they similar?

I have given fact in the above statement even inside the Odu IFA ,which is part of your stronghold in Yorubaism.

I didn't read past the first sentence. Unless you have proof of Yoruba coming from the middle East don't mention me
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 11, 2018
Olu317:
In Odu Ifa Osa Ogunda, part of a verse says, “Iri tu wili tu wili la fi da ile aye, la bu da ile,
” which means, “Dews pouring lightly, pouring lightly, was used to create the earth world in order that goodness could come forth into existence at once.”? Does this not look like the biblical account?

..... .....
E[b]la is the manifestation of the primal urge to communicate. It is the link between human and God; human and human; and human and the universe. This extensionistic conception, prevalent in all religions, is Oro, which manifested is Ela.
[/b]

1. There is obviously a lot of problem somewhere but the first one is that you are obviously NOT AN IFA INITIATE AND SHOULD NOT SPEAK ON IFA, it is outright blasphemy and a very risky thing to do.

2. It is Osa Ogunda not Osa Oguda & Osa Ogunda does not and did not say what you quoted. It is a lie. To further prove you have lied, provide us with the oluwo of the ifa. Start from the beginning of that verse you supposedly lifted that from. I can’t laugh grin

3. Elabis not all of the jargons you have concoted to suit your agenda. Ela means nothing but clarity. When we Babalawo tap opon with the tip of iroke chanting ‘ela rowa, ela rowa’ before we dafa with opele or ikin, it is so that whatever odu that surfaces from the divination does not come out obfuscating and we get straight answers/responses to whatever we are divinating over.

This is why if you are given an opele or a seed of ikin to speak your question to, you will be directed to ask one question at a time. If you doubt this, go to a Babalawo & speak multiple unrelated requests into an opele or ikin before divination. The Babalawo will get confused and tell you ‘o pin si ona meji’.

Stop concocting nonsense to suit your Hebrew agenda. Don’t mess Ifa up for us and the coming generation.

Most importantly, you are not an Awo & should speak less on these thing you have no knoweldge about. You are standing outside but want to speak of what is happening within a circle you’re shut out from. Don’t insult our forefathers and several Arabas that have gone befor and the one sitting on apere at the moment, please.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

1. There is obviously a lot of problem somewhere but the first one is that you are obviously NOT AN IFA INITIATE AND SHOULD NOT SPEAK ON IFA, it is outright blasphemy and a very risky thing to do.

2. It is Osa Ogunda not Osa Oguda & Osa Ogunda does not and did not say what you quoted. It is a lie. To further prove you have lied, provide us with the oluwo of the ifa. Start from the beginning of that verse you supposedly lifted that from. I can’t laugh grin

3. Elabis not all of the jargons you have concoted to suit your agenda. Ela means nothing but clarity. When we Babalawo tap opon with the tip of iroke chanting ‘ela rowa, ela rowa’ before we dafa with opele or ikin, it is so that whatever odu that surfaces from the divination does not come out obfuscating and we get straight answers/responses to whatever we are divinating over.

This is why if you are given an opele or a seed of ikin to speak your question to, you will be directed to ask one question at a time. If you doubt this, go to a Babalawo & speak multiple unrelated requests into an opele or ikin before divination. The Babalawo will get confused and tell you ‘o pin si ona meji’.

Stop concocting nonsense to suit your Hebrew agenda. Don’t mess Ifa up for us and the coming generation.

Most importantly, you are not an Awo & should speak less on these thing you have no knoweldge about. You are standing outside but want to speak of what is happening within a circle you’re shut out from. Don’t insult our forefathers and several Arabas that have gone befor and the one sitting on apere at the moment, please.
Now,more like it . One of the defender of weakling has come who naturally attack typo error . This make me laugh because of typo error has nothing to do with the verse. If you cant decipher ,why would you engage me? What ancestor are you talking about being insulted ? What has being an Awo got to do with information? What is your definition of Awo ? Who taught you and initiated you about hidden things of mystery that you have eyes and you were told to look and you look but you see it not and you hear and understand it not . Do you see me as an ordinary man ? or you think my birth was like yours ? If I chose a part of the verse ,then complete it and explained it in a different way and counter the information and let people know their history or stop this falsification. You practically have no knowledge of what this is all about. All men were and are born equal but human spiritual being differs in Yoruba concept and I am adherent believer of ancestral tradition. Do I have to tell you i have been to Babalawo? Stop all these Awo stuff on here . If you are an Awo keep it yourself because YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
Olu317:
Now,more like it . One of the defender of weakling has come who naturally attack typo error . This make me laugh because of typo error has nothing to do with the verse. If you cant decipher ,why would you engage me? What ancestor are you talking about being insulted ? What has being an Awo got to do with information? What is your definition of Awo ? Who taught you and initiated you about hidden things of mystery that you have eyes and you were told to look and you look but you see it not and you hear and understand it not . Do you see me as an ordinary man ? or you think my birth was like yours ? If I chose a part of the verse ,then complete it and explained it in a different way and counter the information and let people know their history or stop this falsification. You practically have no knowledge of what this is all about. All men were and are born equal but human spiritual being differs in Yoruba concept and I am adherent believer of ancestral tradition. Do I have to tell you i have been to Babalawo? Stop all these Awo stuff on here . If you are an Awo keep it yourself because YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST.

LMAO

You an awo but you want to take parts of ifa verses obfuscate it or concoct something and call it Ifa then interprete it to suit your agenda cheesy

Man characters dey o!

No, you do not have to tell me because id you were I would know. Awo da Awo mo, you sir are nothing more than an ogberi.

Goodbye. cheesy
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

I am dying.

You dying? A joke right because Awo dont die .I gnorance is a disease because it will not kill because it is curable but will make a lot of people backward. Have you no knowledge of research on discovery of Yoruba being acknowledged as having link with other people? geez!
Go read about human Admixture of ancient people. I am sure you know about genome...Kikiki

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

LMAO

You an awo but you want to take parts of ifa verses obfuscate it or concoct something and call it Ifa then interprete it to suit your agenda cheesy

Man characters dey o!

No, you do not have to tell me because id you were I would know. Awo da Awo mo, you sir are nothing more than an ogberi.

Goodbye. cheesy
Oh k Awo. But it is very disappointing seeing things sacred being made ten ten kobo by newbies as you are being an initiated . This is the reason the old ones refused to show many of your likes certain secrecy and how to manipulate the nature for one's goodwill. I know this because it is ‘shacking' you. OMG ! Somebody is ‘dying' over my Post?And you are an Awo? Have you no known knowledge of the efficacy of the power in Oro(word)? Anyway, not my problems. Either Iam an initiate or not ,it shouldnt bother you but concentrate on what you want share so that people can criticise it or you keep off. If you want to read about David Reich,then go subscribe or buy his book on Yoruba DNA as having Neanderthal admixture. If I am an Awo! ,oh no Ogbéri ,what has that got to do with information I have shared? It seems you are new to the internet because Araba even has site ,in which he write about Yoruba IFA corpus and as it relate to humanity (Yoruba as it seem). Anyway, to become an initiate isnt hard if that's your honey but can you learn and have the mastery of the terrestrial aspect of Yoruba world and the world cosmology? I pray you calm your nerves and stop this your egocentrism about being an Awo because Énu Awo ma n wo ! . This is the reason I affirm that You have eyes but you see not and have ears but hear not.

I hope you won't delete this account ........Pélé ti é.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
Olu317,

Afroasiatic originated in northeast Africa and later diversified. Omotic (the oldest) settled to southwest Ethiopia. Cushitic settled N, C and E Ethiopia. Chadic settled C and W Africa. Ancient Egyptian settled north Egypt. Berber settle W Sahara. Semitic originated in Egypt. While some of them moved to south into Ethiopia and became the base for Ethiosemitic languages while the others moved east to Middle East and diversified. They were Brown at first, but became lighter when they intermingled with White. Geez (one of Ethiosemitic language) is older or at the same age as Arabic. It's indigenous to Africa and there are some claim that Arabic is also. Everything began in Africa. The proto-Afroasiatic might originated in Eurasia though.

I don't exactly know Yoruba connection with Afroasiatic in general and Semitic in specific, but if they have, you should refer them African. I think this is the more probable a theory. What do you think?
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
pls dnt confuse the history i read in school. ..since i was born n now am gettin old I hv never seen my teacher changes changes..,
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
Hati13:
Olu317,

Afroasiatic originated in northeast Africa and later diversified. Omotic (the oldest) settled to southwest Ethiopia. Cushitic settled N, C and E Ethiopia. Chadic settled C and W Africa. Ancient Egyptian settled north Egypt. Berber settle W Sahara. Semitic originated in Egypt. While some of them moved to south into Ethiopia and became the base for Ethiosemitic languages while the others moved east to Middle East and diversified. They were Brown at first, but became lighter when they intermingled with White. Geez (one of Ethiosemitic language) is older or at the same age as Arabic. It's indigenous to Africa and there are some claim that Arabic is also. Everything began in Africa. The proto-Afroasiatic might originated in Eurasia though.

I don't exactly know Yoruba connection with Afroasiatic in general and Semitic in specific, but if they have, you should refer them African. I think this is the more probable a theory. What do you think?
According to Joseph Greenberg, he postulated four source in which language similarities could emerge. And they are
1. Chance
2. Symbolism
3. Borrowing
4. Genetic relationship

The daily spoken words of Yorubas is one third of arabic—Semitic Origin.
Below are some list;
Aàrá (Yoruba)—Ar-ra ad (Arabic- Semitic) Thunder
Abèrè Ibrah needle
Alààyè Al Hayyu The living one
Asalé Asal Evening
Aanu Hannan/Hannon Mercy/Merciful
Baále/Baalè. Ba'al Husband/Lord
Dabira Dabbara Dispose
Èebu Ayb Abuse
Fìtíla Fatilah wick
Omugo Hamuqa Stupid/ slowpoke
Wakati Waqt. Time
ìran Irah look/watchful
Ogun Og Associated with war(warrior
)

Yorubas are set of people that developed from fusion of different group that became one. According to Al Ilori , these origin is traceable to four groups .
Namely;
1. Negroes
2. Nubians
3. Berbers
4. Arabs—Hebrew(Middle Eastern)

The man who was the rallying point was Odua(The first “Ooni" )

You can also read; “Ancient Egyptian and modern Yoruba "

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
Olu317:
According to Joseph Greenberg, he postulated four source in which language similarities could emerge. And they are
1. Chance
2. Symbolism
3. Borrowing
4. Genetic relationship

The daily spoken words of Yorubas is one third of arabic—Semitic Origin.
Below are some list;
Aàrá (Yoruba)—Ar-ra ad (Arabic- Semitic) Thunder
Abèrè Ibrah needle
Alààyè Al Hayyu The living one
Asalé Asal Evening
Aanu Hannan/Hannon Mercy/Merciful
Baále/Baalè. Ba'al Husband/Lord
Dabira Dabbara Dispose
Èebu Ayb Abuse
Fìtíla Fatilah wick
Omugo Hamuqa Stupid/ slowpoke
Wakati Waqt. Time
ìran Irah look/watchful
Ogun Og Associated with war(warrior
)

Yorubas are set of people that developed from fusion of different group that became one. According to Al Ilori , these origin is traceable to four groups .
Namely;
1. Negroes
2. Nubians
3. Berbers
4. Arabs—Hebrew(Middle Eastern)

The man who was the rallying point was Odua(The first “Ooni" )

You can also read; “Ancient Egyptian and modern Yoruba "

So what do you stipulate is the source of these "similarities"? From what you've been writing it seems you support genetic relationship however every single genetic or DNA test has utterly rebuked what you're proposing so why not accept other more plausible reasons than the laughable ones you keep repeating?

And BTW genius, Nubians are negroes.

And with that I'm unfollowing this thread because it seems I overestimated my ability to tolerate farces.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Konquest: 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

I don't understand. You speak an indigenous african Niger Congo language.

Live exclusively in West Africa.

Phenotypically more like stereotypical Africans than probably any other west African ethnic group.

Your DNA shows you're 100 percent indigenous Saharan African with no non sub Saharan African admixture.

Yet somehow you believe this bull jive that you're not indigenous Africans?
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
SOURCE: www.DNATribes.com/SNP.Html
5/13/2013 with Charts attached on page 0
of this thread.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6634479_20180131130155_jpeg6afbd54c2fb8e798117595c959f9af95

Thanks for the DNA info post! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ten Popular Mind Control Techniques Used Today / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake / Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.