Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? (7092 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Ladies Can You Marry A Disabled Man For Love? (Pictures) / Can U Date Or Marry An Albino? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Omalichanwa: 10:21pm On Apr 16, 2010
Hi guys, i have a very good friend, She is tall, pretty, polite, intelligent and well educated but she is deaf, Can u date or marry someone that is disabled?
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by neily(f): 10:42pm On Apr 16, 2010
What is wrong wit that?
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by neily(f): 10:47pm On Apr 16, 2010
What if u ve been dating the person and he/she had an accident and become disabled, will u leave him/her because of dat? Does disability makes someone any less a human being?
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by lilrukevwe(m): 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2010
luving is a choice @poster I wud do it a 1000 times provided I have seen she posses qualities I luk 4 in a woman
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Omalichanwa: 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2010
My friend doesn't feel like someone can truely love her and never get tired of her, she doesn't socialize, and she gets alot of male attention becos she is attractive, but she feels lyk they will reject her once they find out abt her disability. So i just posted this topic to help her discover pple's opinion on her predicament.

1 Like

Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by mamagee3(f): 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2010
I have no comment. grin
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by lilrukevwe(m): 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2010
yes she has a point and she doent have a point becos in life a lot of folks walk wiv one deformity or the other but please do u know Cobhams he is living life to the fullest pls let her embrace life.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Osama10(m): 12:03am On Apr 17, 2010
Definitely why not.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by snowdrops(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2010
E mean say her kini deaf too tongue
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 17, 2010
This topic's been done to death, but still. . .

I would, all depends on the level of disability, and how I felt about the girl in question.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by fadaj(m): 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2010
To be sincere it is easy to say but difficult to do
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by smooooooth: 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2010
nothing wrong in that, so far i can communicate with her in some way and we love each other. it will surprise you to know thatt disabled people are better spouses.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2010
Yes I would marry someone with a disability. (if I happen to fall in love with em) I would date such a person.
I would want to feel loved and to love that person and not be concerned with the disability.as long as their heart and their feelings is not disabled.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2010
rokiatu:

Yes I would marry someone with a disability. (if I happen to fall in love with em) I would date such a person.
I would want to feel loved and to love that person and not be concerned with the disability.as long as their heart and their feelings is not disabled.

Nice one, Roky. smiley
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by highland(m): 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2010
She should hope 4 her own lover. Recent events show hw pple wt 2 eyes geting married to totally blind or deaf lover on TV. So her case is not d end.
My friend john(not d realname,he can see dis thread) is cripple on both leg, so he uses wheel or hand to move around but has a girl that i stil wonder hw come she got herself into loving john.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by MsTom(f): 1:03am On Apr 19, 2010
I can.
She needs to be confident of herself though. No one is perfect. People have a cross that they carry too. It is said that a chicken sweats. It is the feathers that hides it. I have a friend who is born blind, intelligent, a journalist and is happily married to a beautiful woman. If one can communicate and the love for each other is there, then I would say go ahead. one has to be determined though to fight for what he believes in cos people would discourage the relationship like they do to any other relationship.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by indie22(f): 2:45am On Apr 19, 2010
Being disabled is not a predicament, most of them are actually highly gifted, if they make you happy and ure able to look past their disability, then its all well and good.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Omalichanwa: 12:35pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ indie 22, thats so true, she can rightly pass as one of the most intelligent in our class, even more intelligent than i.
@ mstom, u r so right. Ur friend is so lucky, the type of women dat can accept pple with such disability is so hard to cme accross.
@ highland, tell tom am expecting my own i.v.
@ snowflakes, no girl want to be treated as a sex object and i knw u dnt want a girl 2 treat u like one either
@ all, thanks 4 ur comments, i can marry a disabled person too cos i have had the priviledge of knwing one ( she wasn't born deaf) , she is so caring and a perfect friend despite the fact dat she was so cold 2 me (my assumption) when we first met.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by SAGoddess: 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2010
A friend said to me "if it bothers you and you can't see the person past the disability, then don't" This makes sense to me because if you really love the person, none of that stuff matters!
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by babsmii(m): 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2010
snowdrops:

E mean say her kini deaf too tongue

don't b silly abeg,

SA Goddess:

A friend said to me "if it bothers you and you can't see the person past the disability, then don't" This makes sense to me because if you really love the person, none of that stuff matters!

good one!
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by snowdrops(m): 2:39pm On Apr 19, 2010
Omalichanwa:

@ snowflakes, no girl want to be treated as a intimacy object and i knw u dnt want a girl 2 treat u like one either

Nice one. But its snowdrops.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Ranoscky(m): 9:57am On Apr 27, 2010
SHE CAN BE BLIND
SHE CAN BE DEAF
SHE CAN BE DUMB
SHE CAN EVEN BE A CRIPPLE BUT SO LONG AS SHE CAN BREATH, ,   I CAN'T WAIT TO SAY "I DO"

2 Likes

Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by sevo(m): 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2010
this topic is touching. i lost a luvly gal last year becos i tot if she noticed am disabled, she wouldn't agree to be my gal.i didn't know she already knew. because i work with a bank and am always in a sitted position anytime she comes in. she must have seen me strolling aroud in the banking hall and she took note of it.

its pretty hard getting somebody to luv u for who u are. once they notice u r disabled, they are looking for the available back door to dump ur ass.

that was my understanding/mindset then, so i tot she too will follow suit. but i was wrong. she even confessed her love for me but i took it a bluff. and i know she wasn't after my money because she 2 hold side. cry cry cry
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2010
I could.

Anyway, i wouldn't blame those who wouldn't.
Everyone knows what s/he can bear.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by agathamari(f): 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2010
no problem with it at all, unless they are severly mentaly disabled then no because they cannot give proper consent and many countries forbid it
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by petebor02(m): 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2010
no i cant pls
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Ranoscky(m): 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2010
why?
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by petebor02(m): 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2010
Ranoscky:

why?
COS I KNOW WHAT GOD HAVE IN STORE FOR ME OK
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Ranoscky(m): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2010
so u mean disabled are forbidden right?
are they not created from the same god?
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by petebor02(m): 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2010
not well created.
Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by Ranoscky(m): 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2010
this guy no let god vex for u o.

so u mean say god make mistake?

mind u, some of them where not created like that,

some occured through accident.

what if u are opportuned to marry the most beautiful gurl in the world

after 3yrs of marraige with 2 beautiful kids, she had an accident and became disabled,

will u dump her with the 2 kids because of that?

1 Like

Re: Can U Date Or Marry A Disabled Man Or Woman? by agathamari(f): 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2010
Ranoscky:

so u mean disabled are forbidden right?
are they not created from the same god?
people with sever mental disabilities dont have the same ability to process thought as an adult without a disability. those countries that make it illegal do so because the person cannot comprehend thier actions and make a responcible informed decision no different then when countries forbid people under 16 or 13 in nigeria from getting married. the law is there to protect them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! / How Young Girls Hinder Their Growth Without Knowing. / Meet The 2017 Miss Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.