Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! (7091 Views)

The first 5 things guys look at withing the first 50 secs. Of Meeting a lady / The First 5 Things Ladies Look At Within The First 50 Seconds Of Meeting A Guy / Why Do Women Always Claim They Have Been Used And Dumped Once A Guy Leaves Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by chidiluv3r(f): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2011
OMG im Nigerian but i grew up in the U.S and i try to visit home(nigeria) fairly often. However, everytime i go there im swamped by 30,000 men claiming they love me and that they want to marry me and blah blah blah. usually im like maybe they're joking and maybe what they mean is they're just attracted to me. But many times it pisses me off, cuz i think they're trying to fool me or somehting. its just annoying !! you might like me, but you definitely do not love me. you dont even know me!! another thing that pisses me off, they think that they can just give me a list about themselves and that means that i know them. im like NOOO!! i now know ABOUT you, but I dont KNOW YOU!!. please help explain this , because i plan on marrying someone straight from nigeria and this whole situation of speaking and moving so swiftly and trying to sound romantic is so annoying and confusing hahaha. When i date i plan to be with that person for atleast two years before i marry them, why do people seem to move so quickly here??

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by InkedNerd(f): 8:42am On Apr 25, 2011
Its not just Nigerian men that do that. Nigerian women do it too. Hehehe, I know whatcha mean though. I was in the market when I was about 11 or 12 years and while walking around a man sitting down grabbed my hand and said "I love you". I looked at him like he was crazy. My sister was gettin' ready to kncok the ish outta the dude grin I really don't get why people do that whether male or female and I really don't care. All I know is no one is gonna pull one over me. Oh and by the way, non-Nigerians do this as well.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by zstranger: 8:51am On Apr 25, 2011
^^^

Inky, I love you. You know that already grin
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by MsPotato(f): 8:53am On Apr 25, 2011
Poster I have to agree with you and I have always agreed with this statement as I have experienced it too. Sumtime I wonder if they even know what does love mean?  undecided

I have opened a thread sumthin like this somewhere last year .  grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-227539.0.html
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by MMM2(m): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2011
op sorry
guess u have been meeting d poor ones (9ja men).
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by zstranger: 8:57am On Apr 25, 2011
^^^^

Hey, are you in Puertorico for real?

I need some info
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by amefi(m): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2011
chidiluv3r:

OMG im Nigerian but i grew up in the U.S and i try to visit home(nigeria) fairly often. However, everytime i go there im swamped by 30,000 men claiming they love me and that they want to marry me and blah blah blah. usually im like maybe they're joking and maybe what they mean is they're just attracted to me. But many times it pisses me off, cuz i think they're trying to fool me or somehting. its just annoying !! you might like me, but you definitely do not love me. you dont even know me!! another thing that pisses me off, they think that they can just give me a list about themselves and that means that i know them. im like NOOO!! i now know ABOUT you, but I dont KNOW YOU!!. please help explain this , because i plan on marrying someone straight from nigeria and this whole situation of speaking and moving so swiftly and trying to sound romantic is so annoying and confusing hahaha. When i date i plan to be with that person for atleast two years before i marry[b] them[/b], why do people seem to move so quickly here??

Hw many of them u wan marry or is it polyandrous marriage?

Dont tell me u actuallly signed in on NL just to  report Naija guys. Ok just marry anyone that says he hates u.

Pls place your pic let's see if u  pretty, cus i wanna luv u too.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by 190: 9:10am On Apr 25, 2011
^ for once amefi has hit the head on the nail cheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by MsPotato(f): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2011
amefi:

Dont tell me u actuallly signed in on NL just to  report Naija guys. Ok just marry anyone that says he hates u.

Pls place your pic let's see if u prett, cus i wanna luv u too.

Im sure she aint talking about marriage here. I am definitely sure that she is just curious why Nigerian men seems to be claiming their love too quickly and instantly. Thats all. I have met many different men around the world and I come to realize that Nigerian men are the only one with this kinda trait/behaviour.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by amefi(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2011
190:

^ for once amefi has hit the head on the nail cheesy

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by InkedNerd(f): 9:15am On Apr 25, 2011
amefi:

Dont tell me u actuallly signed in on NL just to  report Naija guys. Ok just marry anyone that says he hate[/b]s u.

lol lol lol @ red bolded line.

Sharrap. Leave her alone. Anyway, what she's saying is the truth.

Ms. Potato:

Im sure she aint talking about marriage here. I am definitely sure that she is just curious why Nigerian men seems to be claiming their love too quickly and instantly. Thats all. I have met many different men around the world and [b]I come to realize that Nigerian men are the only one with this kinda trait/behaviour.

lol, I've seen non-Nigerians do this grin
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by 190: 9:17am On Apr 25, 2011
@OP

Thats cos Nigerian men are the best lovers in the world, our hearts are made of Gold, silver and martin angry angry
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by MsPotato(f): 9:19am On Apr 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

lol, I've seen non-Nigerians do this grin

Even there is Im sure is not as much as Nigerian men do. wink
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by amefi(m): 9:19am On Apr 25, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Im sure she aint talking about marriage here. I am definitely sure that she is just curious why Nigerian men seems to be claiming their love too quickly and instantly. Thats all. I have met many different men around the world and I come to realize that Nigerian men are the only one with this kinda trait/behaviour.

You meant only naijan men/guys that tell women that i love you? This getting interesting. So, what do men/guys from other parts of the world tell their women in their quest to express their feelings to women? Pls, educate me.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by InkedNerd(f): 9:22am On Apr 25, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Even there is Im sure is not as much as Nigerian men do. wink

Ya never know undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by MsPotato(f): 9:22am On Apr 25, 2011
amefi:

You meant only naijan men/guys that tell women that i love you? This getting interesting. So, what do men/guys from other parts of the world tell their women in their quest to express their feelings to women? Pls, educate me.

U are not getting the clear picture here. We are not talking about men saying I love U to their lover/gf/wife. We are talking about men saying I love you to whoever he sees and meets for the first time
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by MsPotato(f): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Ya never know undecided

Inked, Ive seen it. And also all my friends and cousins told me the same thing. If they are more than 10 people saying so, its so obvious that this is indeed a common trait Nigerian men possessed wink
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by amefi(m): 9:24am On Apr 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

lol lol lol @ red bolded line.

Sharrap. Leave her alone. Anyway, what she's saying is the truth.

Drags Nerd into his bedroom/boardroom and teaches her a lesson with his 18'' cork.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by InkedNerd(f): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Inked, Ive seen it. And also all my friends and cousins told me the same thing. If they are more than 10 people saying so, its so obvious that this is indeed a common trait Nigerian men possessed wink

I know you've seen it but that doesn't mean it is a representation of Nigerian men. When it comes to Nigerian men, I may get on their cases at times but this is one thing I won't say yes too. I've seen lots of Mexican men do what the OP has described so is it fair for me to say majority of Mexican men do the same?

amefi:

Drags Nerd into his bedroom/boardroom and teaches her a lesson with his 18'' cork.

Drags?! Na wa o!!! So you be caveman abi?
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by MsPotato(f): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I know you've seen it but that doesn't mean it is a representation of Nigerian men. When it comes to Nigerian men, I may get on their cases at times but this is one thing I won't say yes too. I've seen lots of Mexican men do what the OP has described so is it fair for me to say majority of Mexican men do the same?

Drags?! Na wa o!!! So you be caveman abi?

Did at l;east 10 or more ladies you know say the same thing about Mexican men?
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by InkedNerd(f): 9:35am On Apr 25, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Did at l;east 10 or more ladies you know say the same thing about Mexican men?

They don't need to. I've seen it happen to others. And since when did 10 people observing something speak as a reference to their observation? Here's an example, I and 10 other friends observe Malaysian men being abusive to women should I assume that all Malaysian men abuse women or that it is a characteristic that is only found amongst Malaysian men?
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by jaybee3(m): 9:39am On Apr 25, 2011
Simples, that's the language some uninformed Nigerian ladies like hearing. Educate them when they come with such gibberish instead of mocking them as they have never known better.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by MsPotato(f): 9:43am On Apr 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

They don't need to. I've seen it happen to others. And since when did 10 people observing something speak as a reference to their observation? Here's an example, I and 10 other friends observe Malaysian men being abusive to women should I assume that all Malaysian men abuse women or that it is a characteristic that is only found amongst Malaysian men?

If 10 of your friends or relatives are saying the same thing, than sumthin is definitely wrong with those particular men. Im sorry but if 10 women you know say that Malaysian men are abusive, than theres definitely sumthin wrong with the Malaysian men but however if u do a general survey and u surveyed 10 random women whom u dont know, than I would say they are generalizing.

I find it amusing cause people I know are saying the same thing. This is only the people I know. . . What more to talk about random general people saying it. Based on my thread about this issue, alot of females are agreeing to it and they themselves have witness the same thing.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by InkedNerd(f): 9:46am On Apr 25, 2011
Ms. Potato:

If 10 of your friends or relatives are saying the same thing, than sumthin is definitely wrong with those particular men. Im sorry but if 10 women you know say that Malaysian men are abusive, than theres definitely sumthin wrong with the Malaysian men but however if u do a general survey and u surveyed 10 random women whom u dont know, than I would say they are generalizing.

I find it amusing cause people I know are saying the same thing. This is only the people I know. . . What more to talk about random general people saying it. Based on my thread about this issue, alot of females are agreeing to it and they themselves have witness the same thing.

Ok, so upon all the negative things you've read, heard, and seen when it comes to Nigerian men does that mean that those things are native only to Nigerian men? If so they has it affected your decision to date a Nigerian man?
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by chidiluv3r(f): 9:51am On Apr 25, 2011
amefi:

ur not even serious haha. im gorgeous and there is no need for me to put up my picture just use your imagination mtchewwww
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by zstranger: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2011
^^^

You are ugly!

We know your type.

Post pictures to prove us wrong, provocative pictures ok.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by chidiluv3r(f): 9:54am On Apr 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Ok, so upon all the negative things you've read, heard, and seen when it comes to Nigerian men does that mean that those things are native only to Nigerian men? If so they has it affected your decision to date a Nigerian man?

no it doesn't mean that its common and unique to only nigerian men but it does say that it definitely is common among nigerian men.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by BloodShed1: 9:57am On Apr 25, 2011
I don't know where Nigerian men have gone wrong. I think our parents generation was the last generation of REAL Naija men because all I see are pv$$i£s.

Even Nollywood portrays this. Man getting slapped by his woman and is CLEARLY in the wrong, yet HE kneels and apologises. What's funny is, western Black men look at Nigerian/African men as being the masculine, no-nonsense type. They have no idea.
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by chidiluv3r(f): 9:58am On Apr 25, 2011
and no it hasnt affected my decision to date a nigerian guy but it has made me to not consider the vast majority who function this way lollll
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by BABE3: 10:01am On Apr 25, 2011
At topic ---- I KNOW RIGHT!-- cheesy cheesy

I just don't get it, plus I've seen only Nigerian men do this. I don't know why though?

Can one of you MEN give me an answer? Do yall really think it works?
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by chidiluv3r(f): 10:03am On Apr 25, 2011
BABE!:

At topic ---- I KNOW RIGHT!-- cheesy cheesy

I just don't get it, plus I've seen only Nigerian men do this. I don't know why though?

Can one of you MEN give me an answer? Do yall really think it works?

EXACTLYYYY!!!! do they think it works its actually is quite creeperish, it puts me off completely. its such a turn off !!!!!
Re: Why Nigerian Men Always Claim They Love You After Two Seconds Of Meeting You?! by jaybee3(m): 10:07am On Apr 25, 2011
It apparently works on some Nigerian woman hence the reason why they still do it.
Professing love is sometimes the passport to pucci in naija-land. So i heard grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!!!! I Cant Control My Heart / Meet The 2017 Miss Nairaland / I've Decided Not To Love Again And It's Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.