Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,091 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... (10870 Views)

Payment Of Tithes And Offering Is A Must According To Bible And Not Men Of God / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by OkCornel(m): 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
Eres94:

and what is this love for God and man covers...?
isn't it the ability through grace by the power of the holy spirit to do what is expected in the relationship you have between him and your fellow man
so honoring God should be abandoned...
tell me how do you honor God ?
there are many ways we honor God and it should be out of love (conviction) but the likes of you need a law to show you the way..since you can't under the love ability giving to u

and am saying this based on showing how much you love God and not trying to save yourself via the law
this is totally different

Go and read Matthew 25 v 31-46. The answers to what you need are there.

The only time Jesus considered you are giving to him is when you help the least among you.
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by Eres94: 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
BluntBoy:

Is firstfruits a moral principle

it reflects seeking first the kingdom of God, honor and giving your best.. hmmm
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by Eres94: 4:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
OkCornel:

Go and read Matthew 25 v 31-46. The answers to what you need are there.

The only time Jesus considered you are giving to him is when you help the least among you.

and am not disputing that...
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by OkCornel(m): 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
Eres94:

and am not disputing that...

Great!
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by BluntBoy(m): 5:56pm On Jan 01, 2019
Eres94:

it reflects seeking first the kingdom of God, honor and giving your best.. hmmm

You people should just stop this desperate heresy.

Did you listen to yourself at all? How does firstfruits reflect seeking the Kingdom of God to a Christian?

Perhaps, you are a pastor. But please, don't let your greed for money lead you astray.

The Bible asked an important question: What shall it profit you to gain the whole world and lose your own soul in hell?

Anyone who thinks that, in spite of Christ's sacrifices and death, firstfruits still reflects seeking first the Kingdom of God is really desperate to get hold of other people's money.
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by Ken4Christ: 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
kpompey:

So that the Pastors can continue to grow fat with their families while the congregation suffer.Every Pastor now boast of their wealth , forgetting that they make daily and weekly return from a cumulative hussle of their members. Now we know that Nigerian Churches are not charity house that could help the needy but we should go back to farming. Highest level of modern day fraud

It is not your offering that makes Pastors rich. A Pastor becomes rich when he himself lives by the kingdom principles of giving. You can be poor when you give. Those who are poor in church are those who don't give.
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by Ken4Christ: 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
Kusetic:

Did you just twist "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" - Matthew 6:33, to suit your argument for firstfruit. Ridiculous, just ridiculous, salvation is the primary reason Jesus came to earth, not your first fruit or your tithes. Spend more time loving God and less time treating him as a money doubler.

Your salvation includes deliverance from poverty. The Bible says that Jesus became poor so that through his poverty you can become rich. You can't separate the gospel from money. The gospel is free but it cost to spread it. It is therefore easier to spread the gospel when there is money.
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by Ken4Christ: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
hisgrace090:
Thank you ken4christ.

Simple but straight.

You are welcome.
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by Ken4Christ: 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
BluntBoy:

Is firstfruits a moral principle

No, it's kingdom financial principles which the Law also taught. It is upheld in the new testament teachings of Jesus and his Apostles.

The first belongs to God. And it still remains a fact. God will never take a second place.
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by sujexy(m): 10:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ken4Christ:

No, it's kingdom financial principles which the Law also taught. It is upheld in the new testament teachings of Jesus and his Apostles.

The first belongs to God. And it still remains a fact. God will never take a second place.
I suspect you are a winners member or pastor...
but, Hear me clearly.. JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SALVATION AND NOT FOR YOUR WEALTH... you become rich when you put your hand to work...
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by kpompey: 12:33am On Jan 02, 2019
Ken4Christ:

It is not your offering that makes Pastors rich. A Pastor becomes rich when he himself lives by the kingdom principles of giving. You can be poor when you give. Those who are poor in church are those who don't give.

Your feedback made me smile, I don't want to have an impression that you are a beneficiary.This is 2009 teaching and people are more prudent now. Pastors doesn't give but only accept and pray once they see crowd. If you like keep enriching them so that your hard earned cash can be use to ride jeeps, facilitate children education in USA and many more, while you are here hussling to meet ends need.
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by BluntBoy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ken4Christ:

Interesting.

Can you provide a Bible verse of Jesus teaching firstfruits?

And if there are any, might you tell us who His audience(s) was.

While attempting to answer these questions of mine, bear in mind, that Jesus was not sent to the Gentiles. His ministry on earth was specifically to the Jews.
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by Kolping: 1:15am On Jan 05, 2019
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by Ken4Christ: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
BluntBoy:

Interesting.

Can you provide a Bible verse of Jesus teaching firstfruits?

And if there are any, might you tell us who His audience(s) was.

While attempting to answer these questions of mine, bear in mind, that Jesus was not sent to the Gentiles. His ministry on earth was specifically to the Jews.

Jesus didn't have to repeat what they already knew and practice. His teachings on giving actually places more demands than firstfruits and tithe. Jesus wants us to give all, not just the first or the tenth. And he gave this instruction to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor. However, only the early church practiced it.

So if you are not convinced about firstfruits or tithe because Jesus did not talk much about it, why not practice the one he talked about.

Luke 12:33-34.
33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Acts 2:44-45.
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Re: Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... by Ken4Christ: 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2019
kpompey:

Your feedback made me smile, I don't want to have an impression that you are a beneficiary.This is 2009 teaching and people are more prudent now. Pastors doesn't give but only accept and pray once they see crowd. If you like keep enriching them so that your hard earned cash can be use to ride jeeps, facilitate children education in USA and many more, while you are here hussling to meet ends need.

No, you are wrong. Pastors do give and they are the best givers. But they give to other ministers and Ministries where they draw their inspiration from.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Actually Happen After Death? Black Emptiness Or New Dimension Of Life / My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. / Would You Prefer A World Where Religion Don't Exist At All?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.