Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) (90336 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 / Oshoala Voted 3rd Best Women's Footballer, Lionel Messi Best Men's Footballer / CAF Removes Amaju Pinnick As 1st Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Kellz193: 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
kokoA:
Taye Taiwo career dey remind me of TSTV I don't know why.. grin

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Xzbit91: 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
If he's that good, why hasn't he won the world cup for his country?

That is a retvrded way of rating players. Johann Cruyff is considered the greatest European to have played the game, yet he neither won the world cup nor a European championship.

2 Likes

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by dagr8(m): 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Afta disappearing over d years only to reappear in Spanish LA liga last 2yrs, came to Watford and doesn't even make d bench most tyms only to sign for Granada now.. So?? Can u tell me where he has been for d past 10yrs before resurfacing?
hehehe, you are mistaking Isaac Success for Isaac Promise, two different generations
Isaac Success is Iheanacho's mate, Isaac Promise(Mikel's mate) Is long gone , no news

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Taaaaaa!!! Mechionu there... Dat is blasphemy in d eyes of d gods of soccer..
Whatever!
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2018
dagr8:

hehehe, you are mistaking Isaac Success for Isaac Promise, two different generations
Isaac Success is Iheanacho's mate, Isaac Promise(Mikel's mate) Is long gone , no news

U see, dey are even trying to prove d wrong Isaac ryt...
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by oodua1stson: 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2018
kokoA:
Taye Taiwo career dey remind me of TSTV I don't know why.. grin
some of you low life nobodies here just drop comments here for the sake of it

Taiye Taiwo captained Olympique Marseille, lifted trophies wearing their arm band, played for AC Milan and was courted by Real Madrid and you have the spine to open your dirty mouth to trash talk him?

For a guy to walk straight into Olympique Marseille team from the Nigerian League to become the teams captain is no easy achievement. But then, losers like you will never appreciate greatness because you'll forever remain in the gutters

2 Likes

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by urbanemind(m): 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2018
phemmyfour:
you just confirmed it. Every non black is White to you.....Go ahead and swim in your folly
sorry for u, ignorance na disease.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
pepezaz:
GistMore.com

Epic throwback picture

https://www.gistmore.com/throwback-photo-messi-mikel-obi-taiye-taiwo-1st-2nd-3rd-best-players
Elder Taye Taiwo.
He even looks 35 years old back in 2005 grin.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
Xzbit91:

That is a retvrded way of rating players. Johann Cruyff is considered the greatest European to have played the game, yet he neither won the world cup nor a European championship.
You're the retard...and how will his greatness be measured in future if not with trophies especially the world cup?
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by mechanics(m): 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
The jersey then was not too fine, the present jersey make sense, Nike sabi make jersey o, meanwhile, we don't hear of Taye Taiwo again.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Bluffly: 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
I
eTECTIVe:
Holland 2005... Nigeria lost to Argentina in d final...
David Silva(19), Fernando Llorente(20) and Cesc Fabregas(18), Lionel Messi(17), Pablo Zabaleta(20), Sergio Aguero(17), Falcao(19) and even David Ospina(16) all represented their countries then and are still very much active till date both in their clubs and countries... Abeg how many of Taiwo(20), Owoeri(18), Sani kaita(19), Sambo(19), Ogbuke(18) or Isaac promise(17) went on to play atleast 3yrs of active football afta dat tournament or still plays now. Funny enough, Our 2nd goalkeeper now Akpeyi, claimed he was 18 then...
All those names are majors in their own Continent. If we don't always run to their continent and makes ours great too, names may last longer
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Yomiwayne80(m): 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:
David Silva(19), Fernando Llorente(20) and Cesc Fabregas(18), Lionel Messi(17), Pablo Zabaleta(20), Sergio Aguero(17), Falcao(19) and even David Ospina(16) all represented their countries then and are still very much active till date both in their clubs and countries... Abeg how many of Taiwo(20), Owoeri(18), Sani kaita(19), Sambo(19), Ogbuke(18) or Isaac promise(17) went on to play atleast 3yrs of active football afta dat tournament or still plays now. Funny enough, Our 2nd goalkeeper now Akpeyi, claimed he was 18 then...

It's like your brain is paining you.... You listed different players from different countries comparing them with a single country (Nigeria). Why not list the entire Argentina players or Spanish players etc and then compare them with the Nigerian players?

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Rakiticbarca: 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
redtosine:
Isaac promise just signed for malaga in spain
Lol, are you sure? Isaac Promise or Isaac Success? grin grin
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]Upgrade your mind first...
slave
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
Guyman02:

Wrong, Mikel has played at the highest levels of the game and has also won several trophies including champions league, Olympic medal, African Nations cup, league titles etc
Yea that's true most of them from the bench

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2018
Bluffly:
I
All those names are majors in their own Continent. If we don't always run to their continent and makes ours great too, names may last longer

My point isn't about their names or how gid dey are... My point is age falsification has left us without a future in football.. If our players were actually d same age with these ones den at least dey shld still b playing football or shld have at least lasted as long as their peers. Where is Macaulay Christiantus?? Where's d class of 2013??

2 Likes

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by smalldoctor: 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2018
cheesy Alli is not a boy again, Alli is now grown up man
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Daejoyoung: 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
In this picture, taiye taiwo was already 30years old.. while mikel was 25
l believe you're joking, but if not, then you can't be right considering that Mickel is still very much active, he plays more like a 31/32 year old today and not a 38year old.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by oodua1stson: 10:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
says who?I guess Obama and Oprah Winfrey are white?
oh.....I forgot obama and Oprah came all the way from Africa and were not born and raised in the USA
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Daejoyoung: 10:19pm On Feb 01, 2018
Adefemiaderoju1:

Yea that's true most of them from the bench
False, l doubt you even watch football at all.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by dagr8(m): 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:

U see, dey are even trying to prove d wrong Isaac ryt...
Yea

Chrisantos was Toni Kroos mate, he was second best player of the tournament while kroos was the best,Today Toni Kroos plays for Real and germany, when last did you hear of Chrisantos? So many examples apart from this

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by jonadaft: 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
He did great considering he's a black man...blacks don't have it easy out there you know...
Shut up
No one ever have a black or white skin.

He is dark or brown and not black
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2018
Yomiwayne80:

It's like your brain is paining you.... You listed different players from different countries comparing them with a single country (Nigeria). Why not list the entire Argentina players or Spanish players etc and then compare them with the Nigerian players?

I dont understand how hard it is for some of U to use ur brains to think... I listed atleast 3 from d same countries who were in dat tournament and still playing now. Nigeria played dat final with Argentina, how many Nigerian players still play for d super eagles today or has played for d super eagles in d last 5 or even 10yrs?
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2018
[s]
hardwerk:
slave
[/s]Just when I thought you couldn't go any lower...you just out did yourself
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2018
dagr8:

Yea

Chrisantos was Toni Kroos mate, he was second best player of the tournament while kroos was the best,Today Toni Kroos plays for Real and germany, when last did you hear of Chrisantos? So many examples apart from this

Exactly my point!!! Yet so many morons wont use their brains to think and understand d point.. Our youth players dont usually make it to d senior team or have a long lasting career becos of age falsification.. Age eventually catches up with dem. U can't cheat nature
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]Just when I thought you couldn't go any lower...you just out did yourself
slave
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2018
Jonathan:

Shut up
No one ever have a black or white skin.

He is dark or brown and not black
You're definitely daft as your monicker implies...
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2018
hardwerk:
slave
Vermin!
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Xzbit91: 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
You're the retard...and how will his greatness be measured in future if not with trophies especially the world cup?

If you're not a slowpoke then you should know football is a team sport, therefore a player's greatness is not entirely determined by amount of trophies won.

The stats and ability of the individual players have to be taken into account. Using your own indices can we say Mikel was a greater champions league player than Ronaldo (R9) simply because he has a champions league medal while the latter doesn't despite playing for European powerhouses like Barcelona, inter Milan, real Madrid and later ac Milan?

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by sinola(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2018
pepezaz:
GistMore.com

Epic throwback picture

https://www.gistmore.com/throwback-photo-messi-mikel-obi-taiye-taiwo-1st-2nd-3rd-best-players

please na only me notice mikel's turbo-charged pr**k
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by sleeveless: 10:35pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:
David Silva(19), Fernando Llorente(20) and Cesc Fabregas(18), Lionel Messi(17), Pablo Zabaleta(20), Sergio Aguero(17), Falcao(19) and even David Ospina(16) all represented their countries then and are still very much active till date both in their clubs and countries... Abeg how many of Taiwo(20), Owoeri(18), Sani kaita(19), Sambo(19), Ogbuke(18) or Isaac promise(17) went on to play atleast 3yrs of active football afta dat tournament or still plays now. Funny enough, Our 2nd goalkeeper now Akpeyi, claimed he was 18 then... For most of U who would rather think with there hands and asses than with their heads, d point I'm trying to make is our players dont last becos dey are always falsifying their ages. Age eventually catches up with dem and dey fade away into oblivion jus wen dey are supposed to b at their peak... Does anyone here remember Macaulay Chrisantus??

Pls stop this thing u are trying to do, this is the full Argentina starting XI and tell me how many of these players are still relevant. Lets stop this unnecessary criticizing

AR Argentina

1 Ustari
4 Barroso
13 Garay
6 Paletta
3 Formica
8 Zabaleta
5 Torres
17 Gago
15 Archubi
18 Messi
20 Oberman

# Substitutes
7 Biglia
11 Armenteros
19 Agüero

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

RIO2016 Olympics: Sweden Vs Nigeria 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Nigerian President Vs Croatian President In Pictures / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.