Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) (90333 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 / Oshoala Voted 3rd Best Women's Footballer, Lionel Messi Best Men's Footballer / CAF Removes Amaju Pinnick As 1st Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by obonujoker(m): 10:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
Xzbit91:

That is a retvrded way of rating players. Johann Cruyff is considered the greatest European to have played the game, yet he neither won the world cup nor a European championship.

Cristiano Ronaldo is a greater european footballer than cryuff ever was or is....
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by deolurexy1(m): 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:
Messi is overrated for real. Messi is good no doubt. One of the best soccer players ever. But he is no god of football as some barca fans want us to believe. Messi was lucky to have top players with him in f.c Barcelona.
Ya saying

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
sleeveless:

Pls stop this thing u are trying to do, this is the full Argentina starting XI and tell me how many of these players are still relevant. Lets stop this unnecessary criticizing

AR Argentina

1 Ustari
4 Barroso
13 Garay
6 Paletta
3 Formica
8 Zabaleta
5 Torres
17 Gago
15 Archubi
18 Messi
20 Oberman

# Substitutes
7 Biglia
11 Armenteros
19 Agüero

Ezequiel Garay, Paletta, Zabaleta, Fernando Gago, Messi, Lucas Biglia, Sergio Aguero... So?? Do u also want me to list d clubs dey play?
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Awoo88: 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2018
plavic:
is this how taiwo looked in his under 20s? grin
Tiawo was close to 30 years old in that picture. It will interested you to know that he went for trials with under 23 before playing for that tournament.
While Messi is still playing top level football, mikel is struggling in China while taiwo is dead football wise. The reason : father time!!! They were far above the age they were claiming

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by obinoral1179(m): 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:
Messi is overrated for real. Messi is good no doubt. One of the best soccer players ever. But he is no god of football as some barca fans want us to believe. Messi was lucky to have top players with him in f.c Barcelona.
this comment is ridiculous so you want him to play with wannabe? For the guy saying Messi is overrated is like saying USA is overrated in world power..... You said he did not win the World Cup, can you categorically inform us of a players that single handedly win the World Cup? Messi might not win a major tournament which shows that he is human after all.... Only God is perfect......

2 Likes

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Xzbit91: 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2018
obonujoker:

Cristiano Ronaldo is a greater european footballer than cryuff ever was or is....

Tell that to the experts
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by internationalman(m): 10:46pm On Feb 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
He's above average not like a god as they make him out to be...
Then just name one player who is above him that is underrated.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Adroit17(m): 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2018
This is when there no distinctive between men and boys...............
The 'extra' difference between extraordinary and ordinary.... lol
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2018
obonujoker:

U are as dumb as dat statement... I'm pretty sure U dont know who he was talk more of watching him play
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by koolg: 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
In this picture, taiye taiwo was already 30years old.. while mikel was 25

It's a lie
I know Mikels mates. He wasn't up to 25 at all.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by destinkoko(m): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:

I'm actually in a gud mood so I'll ignore ur stupidity... Messi, Aguero, Ezequiel Garay, Zabaleta, Lucas Biglia all from Argentina still rep their country till date and has amassed numerous appearances.. David Silva, Cesc Fabregas and every other player I listed still rep their countries and have been doing so ever since dat tournament... Always try to resist d urge to think with ur hands and mouth, U'll end up looking stupid... How many of our players in dat tournament apart from Mikel and Taiwo played, still plays and will still play first team football for d next 2yrs?
it’s obvious u read football & watch complete sports. when last did lorente & fabregas featured for spain? when last did zabaleta featured for argentina? even aguero and mascharo aren’t even in 1st team. let me teach u history, taiye taiwo was already in first team both in country & club b4 messi could dream of making his debut in his club & country. a mil advice bro, everyone has his own track. remember dranthe & gago, babel both played d compitition. where’re dey now? better go become a poem writer & leave football 4 d people dat knows it. thank u
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
Daejoyoung:

False, l doubt you even watch football at all.
Haha I laughed so hard if you know how much I love and watch football you won't be saying this especially the 2005 world cup I was actually crying � loosing to Argentina by penalty
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by olabayemiji(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
THANK GOD FOR THEIR LIFE

MALE ONLY...................

THE NATURAL APPROACH TO CORRECT MEN'S QUICK RELEASE AND LOW PERFORMANCE BEHIND THE LOCKED DOOR

for more enquiries calls/whatsapp: 07038296731
click here: http://perfecthealthchoice.com.ng/
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by obonujoker(m): 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:

U are as dumb as dat statement... I'm pretty sure U dont know who he was talk more of watching him play

Dumb barelonian.... What did cryuff play or achieve that CR7 did not achieve OE surpass??
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by obonujoker(m): 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
Xzbit91:

Tell that to the experts

Barcelonian.... How is greatness measured in football??
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by gentlezypher: 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:
Holland 2005... Nigeria lost to Argentina in d final...
David Silva(19), Fernando Llorente(20) and Cesc Fabregas(18), Lionel Messi(17), Pablo Zabaleta(20), Sergio Aguero(17), Falcao(19) and even David Ospina(16) all represented their countries then and are still very much active till date both in their clubs and countries... Abeg how many of Taiwo(20), Owoeri(18), Sani kaita(19), Sambo(19), Ogbuke(18) or Isaac promise(17) went on to play atleast 3yrs of active football afta dat tournament or still plays now. Funny enough, Our 2nd goalkeeper now Akpeyi, claimed he was 18 then... For most of U who would rather think with there hands and asses than with their heads, d point I'm trying to make is our players dont last becos dey are always falsifying their ages. Age eventually catches up with dem and dey fade away into oblivion jus wen dey are supposed to b at their peak... Does anyone here remember Macaulay Chrisantus??
currently playing in spanish third tier league
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by sleeveless: 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Ezequiel Garay, Paletta, Zabaleta, Fernando Gago, Messi, Lucas Biglia, Sergio Aguero... So?? Do u also want me to list d clubs dey play?

How many of these players still plays for mainstream Europe. Mikel obi had a better career than many of them
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
destinkoko:
it’s obvious u read football & watch complete sports. when last did lorente & fabregas featured for spain? when last did zabaleta featured for argentina? even aguero and mascharo aren’t even in 1st team. let me teach u history, taiye taiwo was already in first team both in country & club b4 messi could dream of making his debut in his club & country. a mil advice bro, everyone has his own track. remember dranthe & gago, babel both played d compitition. where’re dey now? better go become a poem writer & leave football 4 d people dat knows it. thank u

Oga stop shifting goal posts and arguing like a drunk.... Its Ppl like U who make something wrong seem very normal... U kip mentioning Taiwo, was he d only player for Nigeria in dat tournament? Wat happened to his career?? Age falsification is killing our national team but U are busy arguing with ur brain upside down

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Piobishop23(m): 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nah so
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 11:09pm On Feb 01, 2018
sleeveless:

How many of these players still plays for mainstream Europe. Mikel obi had a better career than many of them

Definitely but most of U are still missing d point. Mikel lasted becos his football age was somewhat closer to his real age.. D argument isnt about achievement but relevance
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by sleeveless: 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
gentlezypher:
currently playing in spanish third tier league

Wrong info bro
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:
HDoes anyone here remember Macaulay Chrisantus??
I heard his club chased him away cos he was over grown
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by gentlezypher: 11:16pm On Feb 01, 2018
sleeveless:

Wrong info bro
lol, he moved yesterday buddy, update yourself, Real Murcia segunda division B Group IV
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Sapeleboy911(m): 11:18pm On Feb 01, 2018
Kotodoctor:

Black man has always been many light years behind the white man in terms of reasoning. Age grade competitions are to spot future talents. The goal is not even to win the competion. Winning is just bonus.

But trust black man. It's an Avenue to cheat. Africans have dominated that competition over the years ( Nigeria and ghana) yet it has never translated to senior level. Chrisantos say he was 17years, and was scoring like God knows what in that competition. Today, I can't find him even with Google map.

Lol black man..

True talk bro. No matter the circumstances the average black man must find a way to cheat. This tournaments are not about the trophies, but it is all about catching them young.
Age falsification is a big problem in Africa football. Imagine the likes of Chris Santus, and Taiye Taiwo then. Not that they were not good in the game. But the age factor caught up with them. You can never cheat nature.

2 Likes

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by destinkoko(m): 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Oga stop shifting goal posts and arguing like a drunk.... Its Ppl like U who make something wrong seem very normal... U kip mentioning Taiwo, was he d only player for Nigeria in dat tournament? Wat happened to his career?? Age falsification is killing our national team but U are busy arguing with ur brain upside down
look at dis canard. u think naija/africans are d only ones guilty of dis. u think south americans & asia are saints abi? pls go ask d real age of falcao & tevez. en plus, taiye taiwo plays currently in sweeden & he’s doing very fine bros
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by sleeveless: 11:41pm On Feb 01, 2018
gentlezypher:
lol, he moved yesterday buddy, update yourself, Real Murcia segunda division B Group IV

Yea my bad, thanks for d clarification

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by sleeveless: 11:45pm On Feb 01, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Definitely but most of U are still missing d point. Mikel lasted becos his football age was somewhat closer to his real age.. D argument isnt about achievement but relevance

I understand u perfectly, I also want u to note that it's not a Nigeria thing. There are some many players from other European countries that participated in this tournament that are nowhere to be found like our 9ja brothers.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by coolh3ad(m): 11:51pm On Feb 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
If he's that good, why hasn't he won the world cup for his country?

Why do you people always say this sef??. Did George Weah win a world cup for his country??. Has C. Ronaldo won the world cup for his country??
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by gazmann(m): 12:06am On Feb 02, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
AEK Athens Greece

Aik solna Sweden scoring goals played in uefa cup. See you tube. John Owoeri star boy highest goal scorer Swedish league. 2016-2017.season.taiye Taiwo had a solid career still played for lusanne in Swiss league recently. Mikel excellent. You just named about 2 and 4 from Spain. Were they not 22 squad players each did they shine like Messi and fabregas
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by andyanders: 12:09am On Feb 02, 2018
eTECTdIVe:

D problem with dumtards is dey are quick to throw insults around to cover for their lack of comprehension. Some of U jus dont understand English.. Hope U do know d meaning of active football?? I'm surprised U do know of Wikipedia but is still dis daft.. If U understand English at all or had basic comprehension skills U'ld had understood what "How many of" meant... Their age mates are still playing and have been playing over d years, where are dey now?Anyways Here's d link to d team list of all participating nations in dat tournament..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_FIFA_World_Youth_Championship_squads

You just nailed it.age falsification has been ou problem.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by gazmann(m): 12:15am On Feb 02, 2018
eTECTIVe:

I dont understand how hard it is for some of U to use ur brains to think... I listed atleast 3 from d same countries who were in dat tournament and still playing now. Nigeria played dat final with Argentina, how many Nigerian players still play for d super eagles today or has played for d super eagles in d last 5 or even 10yrs?

Obasi chinedu Ogbuke. Check his instagram. Massive come back goal machine
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLE8AiJBcnK/
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by gazmann(m): 12:16am On Feb 02, 2018
gazmann:

Obasi chinedu Ogbuke. Check his instagram. Massive come back goal machine

John owoeri star boy. MVP

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNJYSych8YG/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

RIO2016 Olympics: Sweden Vs Nigeria 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Nigerian President Vs Croatian President In Pictures / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.