Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) (90346 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 / Oshoala Voted 3rd Best Women's Footballer, Lionel Messi Best Men's Footballer / CAF Removes Amaju Pinnick As 1st Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by hermesprogidy(m): 9:10am On Feb 02, 2018
eTECTIVe:
Holland 2005... Nigeria lost to Argentina in d final...
David Silva(19), Fernando Llorente(20) and Cesc Fabregas(18), Lionel Messi(17), Pablo Zabaleta(20), Sergio Aguero(17), Falcao(19) and even David Ospina(16) all represented their countries then and are still very much active till date both in their clubs and countries... Abeg how many of Taiwo(20), Owoeri(18), Sani kaita(19), Sambo(19), Ogbuke(18) or Isaac promise(17) went on to play atleast 3yrs of active football afta dat tournament or still plays now. Funny enough, Our 2nd goalkeeper now Akpeyi, claimed he was 18 then... For most of U who would rather think with there hands and asses than with their heads, d point I'm trying to make is our players dont last becos dey are always falsifying their ages. Age eventually catches up with dem and dey fade away into oblivion jus wen dey are supposed to b at their peak... Does anyone here remember Macaulay Chrisantus??
Why is David Silva and Cesc Fabregas on your team list for Argentina? Thought they were Spaniards? Perhaps they changed nationality? Am somewhat confused undecided
Or was it a typo on your part?
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by hermesprogidy(m): 9:14am On Feb 02, 2018
eTECTIVe:
David Silva(19), Fernando Llorente(20) and Cesc Fabregas(18), Lionel Messi(17), Pablo Zabaleta(20), Sergio Aguero(17), Falcao(19) and even David Ospina(16) all represented their countries then and are still very much active till date both in their clubs and countries... Abeg how many of Taiwo(20), Owoeri(18), Sani kaita(19), Sambo(19), Ogbuke(18) or Isaac promise(17) went on to play atleast 3yrs of active football afta dat tournament or still plays now. Funny enough, Our 2nd goalkeeper now Akpeyi, claimed he was 18 then... For most of U who would rather think with there hands and asses than with their heads, d point I'm trying to make is our players dont last becos dey are always falsifying their ages. Age eventually catches up with dem and dey fade away into oblivion jus wen dey are supposed to b at their peak... Does anyone here remember Macaulay Chrisantus??
Oops!! I missed the part where you typed "represented their countries" my bad.

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 9:23am On Feb 02, 2018
aonag:

chrisantus is the biggest scam in nigeria football. his matter baffles me night and day

He didn't even cut it in d youth team of Hamburg and for 4yrs he didn't play a single minute of football between 2008 and 2012... Nd some morons want to argue rubbish
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 9:31am On Feb 02, 2018
philGeo:
George weah, Samuel eto'o make it easy.
You have no idea what they went through...
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by maxwell530(m): 9:38am On Feb 02, 2018
Mariangeles:
You have no idea what they went through...
I agreed with all your comments so far on this thread but that "messi is over rated" aspect can make you fail any form of interviews in the future,I advice you to look into it and examine yourself.

MESSI IS NOT OVERRATED UNLESS YOU ARE A MANCHESTER UNITED FAN.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Mariangeles(f): 9:44am On Feb 02, 2018
maxwell530:
I agreed with all your comments so far on this thread but that "messi is over rated" aspect can make you fail any form of interviews in the future,I advice you to look into it and examine yourself.

MESSI IS NOT OVERRATED UNLESS YOU ARE A MANCHESTER UNITED FAN.
I agree he's not overrated but the way they make him out to be like some kind of a god...
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by owowa145(m): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2018
Mariangeles:
He did great considering he's a black man...blacks don't have it easy out there you know...
Drogba, Kanu, Yaya (even if pep don sempe am, old age don come), Eto,o, even JayJay Wey no play for big club, blew up. Mikel kwa.

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by DeRay98(m): 10:02am On Feb 02, 2018
pweshdodo:

The question is; where is he now?
After almost 4yrs of treating an injury that kept him out of action in Schalke 2014, he is playing again, he played in China till Early 2014 and finally returning to AIK.
He was always injury prone
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by owowa145(m): 10:03am On Feb 02, 2018
Mariangeles:
I agree he's not overrated but the way make out to be like some kind of a god...
Messi is exceptionally good, but considering the things Ronaldinho did right from his youth when nobody discovered him until age 25 when he came to Barca, make us know That, in a way, messi is overated but the boy also is good.

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Shegzy8(m): 10:04am On Feb 02, 2018
eTECTIVe:
That is false...as much as they get to reduce there age, if you know clearly and see football the way it is you will know the tempo doesnt favour african players...the transfer director of westham was caught sending a mail to an agent saying he doesnt want african players, south americans also get to hide age and even some europeans...i can easily say robben and rooney are a example..african players are not well protected and most are lazy and just after money...have you wondered why top brazillians dont play at the top from age 28-30, the also reduce age .....ronaldo,ronadinho,rivaldo,robinho, even kaka...lets watch out for neymar
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Shegzy8(m): 10:15am On Feb 02, 2018
redtosine:
Isaac promise just signed for malaga in spain
isaac success did
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by owowa145(m): 10:16am On Feb 02, 2018
4koff:

Who is overrated? is there anyone that you have seen that plays football better? Not scoring goals alone. I mean to play soccer.
The great Ronaldinho sir. Messi is Dem too good no doubt. But lets educate ourselves on this. Messi was discovered even before he became a teenager, properly nurtured by Barca academy. With this he got the marketability factor which enabled him to start winning the ballon d'or at an early stage. Ronaldinho on the other, who was not promoted or known from his youth and was outstandingly dangerous, got his shot when he arrived barca at the age of 25 winning 2 of that same title. Now, lets imagine Dinho had the same time and chance as messi, I can bet it with u, that guy could have bowed out with at least 8 ballon d'or. My conjecture though.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Enemyofpeace: 10:21am On Feb 02, 2018
PETUK:
please remind me the club that Obama and Oprah Winfrey played for
it's not about club, we are talking about being successful in the midst of white people
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2018
Shegzy8:

That is false...as much as they get to reduce there age, if you know clearly and see football the way it is you will know the tempo doesnt favour african players...the transfer director of westham was caught sending a mail to an agent saying he doesnt want african players, south americans also get to hide age and even some europeans...i can easily say robben and rooney are a example..african players are not well protected and most are lazy and just after money...have you wondered why top brazillians dont play at the top from age 28-30, the also reduce age .....ronaldo,ronadinho,rivaldo,robinho, even kaka...lets watch out for neymar

Hope U also know d content of d message Mr Henry sent? Everyone reduces age no doubts but not as much as Nigerians and Africans in general.. How old was Ronaldo at his last world cup? All d players u listed peaked and played over a considerable period of tym before eventually slowly drifting off mostly due to disciplinary issues.....

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Shegzy8(m): 10:27am On Feb 02, 2018
sleeveless:

Pls stop this thing u are trying to do, this is the full Argentina starting XI and tell me how many of these players are still relevant. Lets stop this unnecessary criticizing

AR Argentina

1 Ustari
4 Barroso
13 Garay
6 Paletta
3 Formica
8 Zabaleta
5 Torres
17 Gago
15 Archubi
18 Messi
20 Oberman

# Substitutes
7 Biglia
11 Armenteros
19 Agüero
arrant nonsense...aguero didnt play with messi, gago,zabaleta and messi all played at the top and still has an active career
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by owowa145(m): 10:32am On Feb 02, 2018
Guyman02:

Wrong, Mikel has played at the highest levels of the game and has also won several trophies including champions league, Olympic medal, African Nations cup, league titles etc
Pls note, a player can sit down on the bench all season and win similar titles. What we also care for in these players, is their individual performances and impact. Further, the great Ronaldo delima did not win a champions league title nor Olympic medal. Does that make Mikel bigger?
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by owowa145(m): 10:36am On Feb 02, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
it's not about club, we are talking about being successful in the midst of white people
grin cheesy both of u are funny Sa.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by sleeveless: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2018
Shegzy8:

arrant nonsense...aguero didnt play with messi

Aguero was in that squad, but wasn't among d starting XI,
NB: don't start an argument as if we are quarrelling. Try to be civil, we argue to learn
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Rockyrascal(m): 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2018
And one became a five time world best; Lionel Messi was destined to be great.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by 4koff: 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2018
owowa145:

The great Ronaldinho sir. Messi is Dem too good no doubt. But lets educate ourselves on this. Messi was discovered even before he became a teenager, properly nurtured by Barca academy. With this he got the marketability factor which enabled him to start winning the ballon d'or at an early stage. Ronaldinho on the other, who was not promoted or known from his youth and was outstandingly dangerous, got his shot when he arrived barca at the age of 25 winning 2 of that same title. Now, lets imagine Dinho had the same time and chance as messi, I can bet it with u, that guy could have bowed out with at least 8 ballon d'or. My conjecture though.

But it didn't happen. Am talking about as it is now.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Adah47(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2018
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Gap2020(m): 8:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
destinkoko:
it’s obvious u read football & watch complete sports. when last did lorente & fabregas featured for spain? when last did zabaleta featured for argentina? even aguero and mascharo aren’t even in 1st team. let me teach u history, taiye taiwo was already in first team both in country & club b4 messi could dream of making his debut in his club & country. a mil advice bro, everyone has his own track. remember dranthe & gago, babel both played d compitition. where’re dey now? better go become a poem writer & leave football 4 d people dat knows it. thank u
Pls, leave the guy to be, most of them are just looking at the pictures not the fact.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Gap2020(m): 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2018
Shegzy8:

Still clapping for the narrations.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by owowa145(m): 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2018
4koff:

But it didn't happen. Am talking about as it is now.
Then, in that sense u are on point.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Rockyrascal(m): 7:54am On Feb 03, 2018
lexzyy:
I tire ooo...mikel and taye taiwo played for so many years in Europe...and people who haven't achieved anything anything in their miserable life are insulting them...Nigerians with thier retarded brains sef
and this two players are still playing active football o.

1 Like

Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Geenosko: 11:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
goldxchanger:
http:///sure15odds

This is the same person as nonsman07

The certified scammer.

He changed his telegram link name and phone number

When he was called out here.

Beware!!
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by luwabrooklyn(m): 1:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mikel has won Champions League Europa league epl fa African cup Messi champion league laliga copa Del Rey world club cup
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by goldxchanger: 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
Geenosko:

This is the same person as nonsman07

The certified scammer.

He changed his telegram link name and phone number

When he was called out here.

Beware!!

Are you okay Mr man.. Go and get life and stop following other people on nairaland ...clearly you envy me.. Mumu dey dia
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Geenosko: 12:42am On Feb 05, 2018
goldxchanger:

Are you okay Mr man.. Go and get life and stop following other people on nairaland ...clearly you envy me.. Mumu dey dia

Naa
I don't envy you

People just need to know that you are nothing but a scammer.
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by peeps4u: 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2018
goldxchanger:

Thunder go kill you soon. so you have changed your moniker but know that whatever you changed your telegram channel to, we will know. You have changed your Channel from sure15 to sure20. change it to sure100, we will cast you here.

How is America?

lowlifer
Re: Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) by Ayobami7(m): 10:50pm On Jan 23, 2019
好的

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: Nigerian President Vs Croatian President In Pictures / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 / Argentina Vs Brazil: Copa America Final (1 - 0) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.