Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! (3449 Views)

15 Signs That Shows You Are Dating A Retired Prostitute (runs Girl) / Ten Features That Shows You Have Find A Real Man / 4 Signs That Shows You Need A Love Affair... And $ex (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by AntKenny: 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2010
That is a quote from the poet Maya Angelou. It refers to anyone you meet.

If your ex showed little signs that something wasn't 100%(obsessive, quick to anger, dismissive, depressing, clingy, volatile, etc.), that is who they are.

At the honeymoon stage of a relationship, we all try to put our best foot forward to impress the person we hope to couple up with. After the honeymoon dies; as it ALWAYS does, both relax in the relationship enough to be themselves, the good, bad and ugly.

A lot of people who go through a breakup tend to say, "She used to be so caring, but she changed!" or "He used to tell me he loved me and bring me flowers every Saturday night, now he doesn't do any of that!"
They didn't change, they were always THAT person to begin with.

The "change" is that they are letting their honest and true personalities emerge. When WE change as human beings throughout life, it is the same thing. Our experiences and ideas over time, make us transcend to a different level. Not necessarily better or worse, just different. But definitely 100% who we really are.

The next time you go out on a date and hear or see something your date does that makes you raise an eyebrow, trust it.Be careful who you let in to your heart the next time around.
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by hollandis(f): 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2010
I totally agree with you. I have broken up with many girls because of this pretentiousness
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by indie22(f): 2:54am On Apr 19, 2010
Oh plzzz, as if some men dnt pretend as well, when they start asking you out or at d early stages, its all lovey dovey, d minute they realize dat ure settled in d relationship, dem go begin their crase, "Where r u, why didn't u pick up ur phn, where, wat, why, how, when"?, they won't show u dat dark side of them o, coz obviously they knw say na run you go run from them!
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by Girl846(f): 3:05am On Apr 19, 2010
Interesting read,
Why do things always turn into - "women do this" and "men do that" arguments?
The poster never said anything about any particular gender in her post so why does it need to come up undecided
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by Outstrip(f): 3:08am On Apr 19, 2010
Words to live by. If only people listen
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by indie22(f): 3:59am On Apr 19, 2010
That's coz at d end of d day that's wat it boils down to, when pple complain about a change in their partners, they dnt stop to take an inward look at themselves and wonder if they've in any way contributed to the change in their partners.

Take for instance, sumone I knw was complaining about how his once quiet,meek and loving wife had become a bitter, nagging and angry woman (implying dat she hid her thru colours at d early stages), without even considering d emotional truama d poor woman had been thru as a result of his many extra marital affairs.

In this case, would you blame the woman?
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by AntKenny: 8:32am On Apr 19, 2010
@Girl846 you're right it applies to both genders,

indie22:

Oh plzzz, as if some men dnt pretend as well, when they start asking you out or at d early stages, its all lovey dovey, d minute they realize dat ure settled in d relationship, dem go begin their crase, "Where r u, why didn't u pick up your phn, where, wat, why, how, when"?, they won't show u dat dark side of them o, coz obviously they knw say na run you go run from them!

I couldnt agree with you more, I've experienced that one first hand.
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by iice(f): 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
People like to blind themselves. . .so when some veil falls off their eyes, they are surprised.
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:24pm On Apr 19, 2010
its antkenny again!!!!! grin grin grin grin

u know i stand by my former assertion about u!!!!!!!
whether or not ur telling the truth.!!!!!!

well @ topic, shizzle is caused by all u folks who simply like to live in an idealistic world!!
am in love/lust/watever bla bla bla.

ESP guys,
i find often that most guys i know, i can tell them stuff abt their girlfriends within 10 mins of meeting her that they will in future after 2 yrs dating tell me they were just discovering!!!! ridiculous!!!

to each their own wahala abeg, if u cant tell that ur new babe is a major nag and B"itc"h within a week then u probably deserve the drama you get!
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by AntKenny: 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2010
@4llerbuntu Lol--> Which assertion??
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by topup: 12:53am On Apr 20, 2010
Fantastic post!! Spot on!!
Re: The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! by mamagee3(f): 12:58am On Apr 20, 2010
Catchy Title but Long story.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Do You Want Girls To Be Easy To Get Or Hard To Get? / Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. / Does Juju Work In Relationships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.