Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person (965 Views)

Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Any HIV Positive Person On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by 3Hopeblog(m): 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
Though stigma and discrimination against people living with HIV is found everywhere, the issue is more severe in African countries such as Nigeria.

In case you don't know, Nigeria has second largest population of people living with HIV in the world.

One challenge this group of individuals have faced over the years is finding love especially among females.

The advancement in HIV treatment have reduced the chances of someone living with HIV infecting their partner.

So here is my question, what quality will you see in someone living with HIV that will make you go ahead to date him or her?

If no is your answer, why?
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by donstan18: 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
The quality of visiting and taking selfie with Fela kuti and Micheal jackson cheesy
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by 3Hopeblog(m): 8:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
donstan18:
The quality of visiting and taking selfie with Fela kuti and Micheal jackson cheesy

Why are you scared of dating someone that is HIV positive?

Anti-retroviral drugs and post exposure profilaxis drugs have reduced chances of them infecting their partners.

So why still scared?

2 Likes

Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by donstan18: 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
3Hopeblog:

Why are you scared of dating someone that is HIV positive?

Anti-retroviral drugs and post exposure profilaxis drugs have reduced chances of them infecting their partners.

So why still scared?

There's a thing line between reducing of chances and erasing of chances cheesy
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
this is a 30 billion question.
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by 3Hopeblog(m): 8:42pm On Feb 04, 2018
donstan18:

There's a thing line between reducing of chances and erasing of chances cheesy

Reduced chances in here is more of having sex without protection. But once condom is used frequently, chances of being infected is not far from zero. Moreover relationship must not be about sex all the time.
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by Peachess(f): 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
TBH, there's no quality
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by 3Hopeblog(m): 8:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
Peachess:
TBH, there's no quality
shocked So you are saying that once one is infected with HIV, they don't desire to be loved or love someone again?
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by Pubichairs(m): 8:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
no sane person would think of making such move...say healthy people don finish? qualities can go to hell
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by Peachess(f): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
3Hopeblog:
shocked So you are saying that once one is infected with HIV, they don't desire to be loved or love someone again?
It's a choice, that's just my choice. I don't know about others. There are people out there who can.
Are you positive?
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by 3Hopeblog(m): 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
Peachess:

It's a choice, that's just my choice. I don't know about others. There are people out there who can.
Are you positive?

Hahahaha! Can't answer that in public.
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by 3Hopeblog(m): 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
Pubichairs:
no sane person would think of making such move...say healthy people don finish? qualities can go to hell
Ok. Bro. It seems yours is based on fear of being infected. What if there is drug you take that will prevent you from being infected, while you still go ahead and date.
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by Peachess(f): 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
3Hopeblog:

Hahahaha! Can't answer that in public.
Okay, sorry for asking.
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by 3Hopeblog(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
Peachess:

Okay, sorry for asking.

No offence taken. People living with HIV are going through a lot especially emotional trauma. I believe everybody desires to be loved and shown love no matter their status. Like I asked the other guy, if there is drug you will take and be immuned to HIV, will you still date them?
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by Peachess(f): 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2018
3Hopeblog:

No offence taken. People living with HIV are going through a lot especially emotional trauma. I believe everybody desires to be loved and shown love no matter their status. Like I asked the other guy, if there is drug you will take and be immuned to HIV, will you still date them?
No

1 Like

Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by donstan18: 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
3Hopeblog:

Reduced chances in here is more of having sex without protection. But once condom is used frequently, chances of being infected is not far from zero. Moreover relationship must not be about sex all the time.

Differentiate between reducing and erasing of chances cheesy
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by 3Hopeblog(m): 9:19pm On Feb 04, 2018
donstan18:

Differentiate between reducing and erasing of chances cheesy

If na erasing you want, don't have sex at all but for reducing use condom and profilaxis. Shebi condom dey reduce chance of getting pregnant and not erasing it, yet you still use it. Nobody can guarantee total erasal except God.

One quick one, most people with HIV are so healthy, you can't tell except they open up to you.
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by 3Hopeblog(m): 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
Peachess:

No
Ok Peaches. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by donstan18: 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
3Hopeblog:

If na erasing you want, don't have sex at all but for reducing use condom and profilaxis. Shebi condom dey reduce chance of getting pregnant and not erasing it, yet you still use it. Nobody can guarantee total erasal except God.

One quick one, most people with HIV are so healthy, you can't tell except they open up to you.

I can't date a HIV patient.

1 Like

Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by 3Hopeblog(m): 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
elyna:
this is a 30 billion question.

But you did not answer the 30 billion question.
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 04, 2018
3Hopeblog:

But you did not answer the 30 billion question.
this question is bigger than me, even my ancestors can't answer it, its just too sensitive.
Re: What Quality Will Make You Date HIV Positive Person by kehnton(m): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2020
Honestly, having HIV isn’t a big deal to me (same as the coronavirus) as long as it’s not an issue to my partner. In essence, I’ll get married to my partner based on the universal good qualities ( I often refer to Proverbs 31 qualities).

(1) (Reply)

21 YR OLD Female Ghanaian Dancehall Star Ebony Reigns Dies In Fatal Accident / Man Ask Girl Out To Prom On Twitter. See What Happens! / Am Ready For Dates Again Fat Ladies always My taste and choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.