Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others (7301 Views)

Jehovah Witness And Their 1914 False Prophecy / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Behold What Jehovah Witness And Deeper Life Church Saying!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
No way
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 13, 2020
Missionaire:

It is actually concerning your books titled "questions young people ask and answers that work" volume one and two. Growing up those books helped me in making the right choices. Now I am in charge of the teenagers in our military church and I want to see how I can get the books for them.

I got an awake edition about 10 questions every young person asks.... That was January thus year and it was powerful. I could only get one copy and I have shared them with some of my teenagers to read and the feedback has been awesome.

Critics are everywhere battling bitterly to stop people from gaining divine wisdom, most especially their youths are suffering from spiritual malnutrition and the results is terribly affecting the society! Amos 8:11

So instead of doing this on social media, please try to contact our Kingdom Halls nearest to you or check (jw.org).

We really appreciate you! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by RussellRutherfo: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

It is a cult because

Behavior Control

1. Regulate individual’s physical reality: saying Armageddon will soon happen. Therefore individuals do not get to plan for the future. Saying higher education is a crime.

2. Dictate where, how, and with whom the member lives and associates or isolates: constantly teaches non jws and ex jws are worldly, wicked and unrighteous so members should not associate with them

3. When, how and with whom the member has sex:

4. Control types of clothing and hairstyles: you must where suit and tie: a pagan dressing or cut your hair and shave beard: a roman hairstyle

5. Financial exploitation, manipulation or dependence: donate bonds, stock, real estate, jewelry, money to watchtower. No higher education so no sense to think critically

6. Restrict leisure, entertainment, vacation time: meetings 3x a week, you must distribute magazines or preach while on holiday

7.Major time spent with group indoctrination and rituals and/or self indoctrination including the Internet

7. Permission required for major decisions: permission to marry, permission to receive blood transfusion

8. Thoughts, feelings, and activities (of self and others) reported to superiors : elders are policemen, judges, lawyers, prosecutors. They Hold kangaroo court called judicial committee

9. Rewards and punishments used to modify behaviors, both positive and negative eg: shunning and dying with non jws in Armageddon, disfellowshipping

10. Discourage individualism, encourage group-think: eg independent thinking is bad

11. Impose rigid rules and regulations

12 Instill dependency and obedience

13. Threaten harm to family and friends eg: your non jws family and friends will die in Armageddon

Information Control
1. Deception:
a. Deliberately withhold information
b. Distort information to make it more acceptable
c. Systematically lie to the cult member
2. Minimize or discourage access to non-jw sources of information, including:
a. Internet, TV, radio, books, articles, newspapers, magazines, other media
b.Critical information
c. Former members
d. Keep members busy so they don’t have time to think and investigate
e. Control through cell phone with texting, calls, internet tracking
3. Compartmentalize information into Outsider vs. Insider doctrines
a. Ensure that information is not freely accessible
b.Control information at different levels and missions within group
c. Allow only leadership to decide who needs to know what and when
4. Encourage spying on other members
a. Impose a buddy system to monitor and control member
b.Report deviant thoughts, feelings and actions to leadership
c. Ensure that individual behavior is monitored by group
5. Extensive use of cult-generated information and propaganda, including:
a. Newsletters, magazines, journals, audiotapes, videotapes, YouTube, movies and other media
b.Misquoting statements or using them out of context from non-cult sources
6. Unethical use of confession
a. Information about sins used to disrupt and/or dissolve identity boundaries
b. Withholding forgiveness or absolution
c. Manipulation of memory, possible false memories

Thought Control
1. Require members to internalize the group’s doctrine as truth
a. Adopting the group's ‘map of reality’ as reality
b. Instill black and white thinking
c. Decide between good vs. evil
d. Organize people into us vs. them (insiders vs. outsiders)

2. Use of loaded language and clichés which constrict knowledge, stop critical thoughts and reduce complexities into platitudinous buzz words
3. Encourage only ‘good and proper’ thoughts

4. Teaching thought-stopping techniques which shut down reality testing by stopping negative thoughts and allowing only positive thoughts, including:
a. Denial, rationalization, justification, wishful thinking
b. Chanting
c. Meditating
d. Praying
e. Speaking in tongues
f. Singing or humming
8. Rejection of rational analysis, critical thinking, constructive criticism
9. Forbid critical questions about leader, doctrine, or policy allowed
10. Labeling alternative belief systems as illegitimate, evil, or not useful
Emotional Control
1. Manipulate and narrow the range of feelings – some emotions and/or needs are deemed as evil, wrong or selfish
2. Teach emotion-stopping techniques to block feelings of homesickness, anger, doubt: Paradise earth
3. Make the person feel that problems are always their own fault, never the leader’s or the group’s fault : light gets brighter

4. Promote feelings of guilt or unworthiness, such as
a. Identity guilt
b. You are not living up to your potential
c. Your family is deficient
d. Your past is suspect
e. Your affiliations are unwise
f. Your thoughts, feelings, actions are irrelevant or selfish
g. Social guilt
h. Historical guilt
5. Instill fear, such as fear of:
a. Thinking independently
b. The outside world
c. Enemies
d. Losing one’s salvation
e. Leaving or being shunned by the group
f. Other’s disapproval
6. Extremes of emotional highs and lows – love bombing and praise one moment and then declaring you are horrible sinner
7. Ritualistic and sometimes public confession of sins
8. Phobia indoctrination: inculcating irrational fears about leaving the group or questioning the leader’s authority
a. No happiness or fulfillment possible outside of the group
b. Terrible consequences if you leave: hell, demon possession, incurable diseases, accidents, suicide, insanity, 10,000 reincarnations, etc.
c. Shunning of those who leave; fear of being rejected by friends, peers, and family
d. Never a legitimate reason to leave; those who leave are weak, undisciplined, unspiritual, worldly, brainwashed by family or counselor, or seduced by money, sex, or rock and roll
e. Threats of harm to ex-member and family

These are the basic ones that concerns your group. Its a cult.

You finished work here!!

Hahaha!

Are you a lecturer or something?

Nice one.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by RussellRutherfo: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2020
If you cannot define it, what gave you the right to answer the question that I asked someone else? You can tell that the JW are bad but you cannot define what makes you good.

If you can call us a cult, then you should know what excludes you from being tagged a cult. If we are a cult, why are you so obsessed with us?
Are we a threat to you that you have to dedicate your entire life to cast us away? Where in the Bible did Jesus ask you to chased down a cult?
Are you really a Christian?

What sort of Christian would find it difficult to answer a single Bible question?

This is a Christian forum and our decider should be the Bible. You have called us all sort of name without mentioning the scriptures for 3 calendar years.

From your very first post here on Nairaland, you have targetted the JW. What breed of spiritual obsession is that? Are you normal at all or what sort of spirit is actuating in you?

You are not in control of yourself and I would want to pity you but how can you be excused?

The problem I have with you backpack witnesses is that the Bible is only the Bible when it is only your Governing Body's interpretations. Even when theirs is wrong. You all will never accept the truth. Discussing the Bible with Jehovah Witnesses is like talking to a wall and they are so sneaky about anyone bringing up their history.

You look at their Kingdom Interlinear of the Greek Scriptures and over 237 times. You will never see the name "Jehovah" but you see them clearly force it in their translations in the NWT.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by RussellRutherfo: 11:01am On Mar 13, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

Na wa o what did catholics ever do to you? You speak about them with so much hatred.

I love copy and paste. People have researched about cults and put it on internet. I copy and paste to create awareness. I want people like you to see what's on the internet. Copy and paste isn't a crime on social media. Nairaland is not a research site and I don't get penalized for copying and pasting.
It's OK for you to copy and paste from jw.org to nairaland yet you consider it a crime for other people to copy and paste on nairaland. You are just too funny.
Keep whining and throwing tantrums. Read about BITE model in identifying cults. It doesn't change it's static.

True
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Janosky: 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2020
RussellRutherfo:

(1)
The problem I have with you backpack witnesses is that the Bible is only the Bible when it is only your Governing Body's interpretations. Even when theirs is wrong. You all will never accept the truth. Discussing the Bible with Jehovah Witnesses is like talking to a wall and they are so sneaky about anyone bringing up their history.

(2).
You look at their Kingdom Interlinear of the Greek Scriptures and over 237 times. You will never see the name "Jehovah" but you see them clearly force it in their translations in the NWT.

(1).
I challenge you Rutherfo to bring evidence that you mounted the pulpit of your pastorpreneurs business centre (AKA Church) and pointed out the errors in his sermons.
Failure to provide the evidence is proof of your hypocrisy.

2).
The words "Hallelujah" abounds in the Christian Greek Scriptures in the book of Revelation.
"Jah" is an abbreviation of the divine name..
The name "Jehovah" abounds in many places in the Greek interlinear....
Gerrouta here, Rutherfo bigoted LIAR.....
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Janosky: 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2020
RussellRutherfo:

You finished work here!!
Who told you you're not in a cult ?
Yet you pay membership fees to pastorpreneurs
grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by RussellRutherfo: 6:42am On Mar 14, 2020
Janosky:

(1).
I challenge you Rutherfo to bring evidence that you mounted the pulpit of your pastorpreneurs business centre (AKA Church) and pointed out the errors in his sermons.
Failure to provide the evidence is proof of your hypocrisy.

2).
The words "Hallelujah" abounds in the Christian Greek Scriptures in the book of Revelation.
"Jah" is an abbreviation of the divine name..
The name "Jehovah" abounds in many places in the Greek interlinear....
Gerrouta here, Rutherfo bigoted LIAR.....

You are talking to yourself.

Everyone is a church person to you so you can play your approved "Theocratic warfare" GB approved tactics against the "Christendom" peeps, right?

Rutherford Rat.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Janosky: 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
RussellRutherfo:

You are talking to yourself.

Everyone is a church person to you so you can play your approved "Theocratic warfare" GB approved tactics against the "Christendom" peeps, right?

Rutherford Rat.

Rutherfo rants THRASH.
Judas Iscariot,well done.
Your true colors done show.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2020
Janosky:

Rutherfo rants THRASH.
Judas Iscariot,well done.
Your true colors done show.

People like him feels he has something tangible to say against God's people but at last they're frustrated when they meet JWs who will mildly silence them.
I'm ever grateful to Jehovah that i became one of his servants after all the nonsense and ingredients we've been hearing from these unquestionably stupid Apostates!
Ask him "if Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong, where should an interested person go for spiritual insight?"

That's when their hypocrisy will become glaring! wink
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by RussellRutherfo: 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
Before you establish a matter, you have to know the facts. There is a genre of criticism known as objective criticism. You overstepped that bound and that shows the biased standing that you have as regards the JW. I mean think about it, the question was clear and precise and same is required for the expected answers. You went as far as telling a lie that our sisters do not share our doctrine regarding blood. That was misleading, bro. We are in a religious section and we expected to have sincere Christians in here.

If you speak what you witnessed, then it means that you weren't a member. Members practice their own doctrines and not stand at the corner to witness. If you were a member, it would show.

The Jehovah witness organization is a Shunning, Disfellowship and False prophecies cult.
Stop acting like that kid ain't right.

The evidences from their publications point towards that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Steps Into Becoming A Better Christian / US Rapper; 21savage Practices Ifa Religion / Trinity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.