Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants (26199 Views)

PHOTO: Gov Sani-bello’s Convoy Saves Lives Of Injured Students / Obasanjo ‘Outpaces’ Participants At Health Walk (Photo) / Old And Fatigued Minds In Power..(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
Moboj:
Chai my friend didn't win,guy went for this thing this year and last year,always practicing at nights cry
Why can't they make it strictly Nigerians
Stupid organizers carrying our money outside angry
You don't have sports money for our youths again angry
I don't mind corruption in this race,let foreigners go and win in their country stop giving our youths false hopes angry
which kind of talk is This.
what do you mean by foreigners. you know Africans win all the major marathons around the world.should those Boston and London marathon organisers stop Africans from participating because the Kenyans and Ethiopians always take away all the price money..
please stop this kind of talk.
and btw, most locals that participate in marathons don't do it to win, they do it to have that sense of accomplishment.
no local can ever beat a professional marathon runner and they know that, it's all for fun..
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Moboj: 12:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Why don't London, Paris and Boston restrict their marathons to British, French and American runners respectively?
Story story our money have nuh reach us they're giving outsiders undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by TellMeNothing: 12:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
noona:
I've been in traffic since 6 am on ozumba mbadiwe,Victoria island..I'm stuck here and really hungry..

Ehya kpele.. I am just like 4 cars behind you i can bring some Chips and lucozade for you grin
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by dhabrite(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
The last time I ran a marthon was in my second year at Unilorin. That shit na die oo
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
baba4thegehs:
They even tried at least they made it 3rd mainland bridge which is about 19-21km my guy is still at Maryland when they announced the winner.

I just told him to take yaba bus back home jejely.

LMAO!!
you for encourage am na.
long distance running isn't for everyone.
I remember back then in senior school i represented my house in 1km race.just 1km
when i finished my eyes moved to the back of my head, i felt like any small breeze will blow me away.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Moboj: 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
hiroz:
which kind of talk is This.
what do you mean by foreigners. you know Africans win all the major marathons around the world.should those Boston and London marathon organisers stop Africans from participating because the Kenyans and Ethiopians always take away all the price money..
please stop this kind of talk.
and btw, most locals that participate in marathons don't do it to win, they do it to have that sense of accomplishment.
no local can ever beat a professional marathon runner and they know that, it's all for fun..
Sebi Nigeria and Boston London also their economy look the same abi,they know if those people enter our money is a gunners,Abegi their youths have almost bele full,patapata they will do Nigerian race and this type,so we can gain from it

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by BluntBoy(m): 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
MissEdified:
When the mind is willing but the body cant carry on...

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/02/photos-of-injured-and-fatigued-runlagos.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44

People need to be educated. If you are plump or muscular, stay away from Marathon except you want to kill yourself.
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by noona(f): 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
TellMeNothing:

Ehya kpele.. I am just like 4 cars behind you i can bring some Chips and lucozade for you grin
Thank you sir,already entered kilimanjaro restaurant to get food...
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
baba4thegehs:
They even tried at least they made it 3rd mainland bridge which is about 19-21km my guy is still at Maryland when they announced the winner.

I just told him to take yaba bus back home jejely.

grin grin This guy you dey craze grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
Moboj:

Story story our money have nuh reach us they're giving outsiders undecided

An American won Boston last year , after he trained at high altitude conditions.

A Nigerian could do same and win Lagos
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by TellMeNothing: 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
noona:

Thank you sir,already entered kilimanjaro restaurant to get food...

Okies. Its the weekend, just feel relaxed & take care
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
MissEdified:
When the mind is willing but the body cant carry on...

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/02/photos-of-injured-and-fatigued-runlagos.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44

Men it wasn't easy sha. Been training for the last 2 months everyday after work.

I made it sha. wink

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by oloriooko(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
Rat wey follow lizard enter rain, na later é go hear am.
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by donjon: 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
Favouramani:
Lol

I once do this marathon race my people you need to see how I take become the winner

I know say u carry first from back! grin
Favouramani:
Lol

I once do this marathon race my people you need to see how I take become the winner

I know say u carry first from back!
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
efesodje:

Men it wasn't easy sha. Been training for the last 2 months everyday after work.

I made it sha. wink

How did you train? How many miles a day? Diet?

Should open a thread sharing your tips.
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2018
donjon:

I know say u carry first from back! grin

I know say u carry first from back!
marathon It no easy at all

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by cutedharmee: 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2018
Still waiting for ma roomate to return. I pray she's gonna be among d winnners
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2018
Cromcruach91:

I will open a thread once I am rested. My legs are dead right now, can hardly walk.

I ran an average of 5.6km everyday (running the lekki Ikoyi bridge 4 times daily) in order to build the stamina for the long run.

On weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) I ran an average of 15kms each day.

This week I had to reduce my runs to conserve energy for today. I also increased my carbohydrate intake (carb loading) this week to increase my energy stores to be able to run the 42kms.

I started out at a slow pace for the first 10km, then gradually increased my pace every 10kms.

I drank an average of 4 litres of water daily smiley

Ol'boy to run marathon no be beans o smiley

You have to be very dedicated. Thanks smiley

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
efesodje:

I will open a thread once I am rested. My legs are dead right now, can hardly walk.

I ran an average of 5.6km everyday (running the lekki Ikoyi bridge 4 times daily) in order to build the stamina for the long run.

On weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) I ran an average of 15kms each day.

This week I had to reduce my runs to conserve energy for today. I also increased my carbohydrate intake (carb loading) this week to increase my energy stores to be able to run the 42kms.

I started out at a slow pace for the first 10km, then gradually increased my pace every 10kms.

I drank an average of 4 litres of water daily smiley

Ol'boy to run marathon no be beans o smiley

You have to be very dedicated. Thanks smiley

A big thanks to you too from this running novice.

Rest well. I can imagine how tired you must be.
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
Emac:
Some people sef just want to use style enter bus (ambulance). The truth is Nigerians don't engage in road running or long walks.. Else you will be termed broke man or stingy guy etc.

Last year a Kenyan won, this year a Ugandan won.. $50,000. How do u expect Nigerians to beat or compete with that. We are hungry and broke, we go do anything for the mulla. But still on still I salute those who participated, I enjoy it when I see Nigerians doling out to catch the fun and enjoy the many opportunities of events not so accustomed to us.

#Lagos
the kenyans and the ugandans live in a high altitude environment. Hence their lungs have a high endurance in marathon unlike west Africans who live in a low level altitude. But having said that, we nigerians have a poor attitude to exercise. We feel if someone is engaging in physical activity its a complete waste of time. Yes we must hustle and time no dey for exercise but we must always make time to exercise our body.e better we keep our body strong and healthy in order to have more strength to hustle for our moneycheesy. A weak diseased body is detrimental to us.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 10, 2018
biacan:
Even those that has never run in their lives before wants to go on this marathon race grin grin don't be too fast people you gon get yourselves bitten wink
dem go suffer enuf pains for their thighs and all over their body this nightcheesy. For u to do marathon u must don dey jog for some wks and months in order to prepare ur bodycheesy. U don't just enter into marathon sports like datcheesy.
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Kaycee9242(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2018
Lol Nigerians self, all dese ppl dt commented b4 me how did u guys kno d d injured are only Nigerians?
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by kmaster007: 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
mumu who send Dem self.. na by force mak Dem run. as I sit down jeje for my hse noting do me
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Spidermon: 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Exactly. The diet and training tips would be useful.
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by biacan(f): 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
lefulefu:
dem go suffer enuf pains for their thighs and all over their body this nightcheesy. For u to do marathon u must don dey jog for some wks and months in order to prepare ur bodycheesy. U don't just enter into marathon sports like datcheesy.
They are just being greedy grin grin

But you need am oooo everytime you go dey complain of small food and meat see how you done fat now smiley
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by biacan(f): 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2018
efesodje:

I made it sha. wink

Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by churchee: 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2018
Last year's marathon I participated and won. I don't mean Lagos Marathon, the other marathon.
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 10, 2018
biacan:
They are just being greedy grin grin

But you need am oooo everytime you go dey complain of small food and meat see how you done fat now smiley
na wao wich time i complain about foodcheesy. As for jogging dat one sport wey i dey in d morningscheesy.
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by biacan(f): 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2018
lefulefu:
na wao wich time i complain about foodcheesy. As for jogging dat one sport wey i dey in d morningscheesy.
See person wey I dey cook give dey ask me which time him complain undecided you wey nor dey eat food if the meat is not up to 4 lipsrsealed Yes I understand the kind of jogging grin you jog for three minutes and eat for five hours grin grin
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by ManIzHot: 2:05pm On Feb 10, 2018
noona:
I've been in traffic since 6 am on ozumba mbadiwe,Victoria island..I'm stuck here and really hungry..
ehya, beta find somewhere close to chill out for a while, Radisson should do, cause this their marathon na something else today
Re: Photos Of Injured And Fatigued #runlagos Participants by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
biacan:

Biacan you are looking for my mouth abi cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Deputy Chief Whip Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP / Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali / Buhari Appionts Ben Akabueze As Budget Office DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.