Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 (29548 Views)

See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari / Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH / 33 Electricity Turbines Shut, Grid Loses 2,591mw Over Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by olabrad: 8:00am On Feb 12, 2018
I suspect it was started by shagari. But Buhari chased him out of office and refused to complete the project. Buhari is a big failure
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by Ijaya123: 8:01am On Feb 12, 2018
FarahAideed:
This is another proof that Buhari has been 80 percent responsible for the rot Nigeria is today...If Buhari had not overthrown Shagari in that selfish useless coup plot in 1983 the Shagari govt and any subsequent democratic govt would have gone on to fix these turbine thereby paving the way for better scalable electricity infrastructure but no Buhari will instead overthrow Shagari and throw Nigerians into sudden uncertainty that only made Nigerians more corrupt, heartless and self centred as everyone entered into a dangerous mode of desperate survival people started to do unbecoming things to survive , a culture that has stuck till date and it's now getting worse under the second coming of Buhari .

Are you also saying this a proof that all other president that came after Buhari, for over 30 years now have been so useless and incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by 8stargeneral: 8:02am On Feb 12, 2018
Our leaders start falln hand since creation of Adam and Eve...useless country.
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by Benekruku(m): 8:02am On Feb 12, 2018
EternalTruths:
Give it to the Biafrans and watch them put it to active service.

But will hate & arrogance allow Nigerians to do so in order to increase electricity output.?

Chest beating runs in the blood!

And your region still does not have a city in its entire land mass. Sigh....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by EmperorAlonzo1: 8:03am On Feb 12, 2018
Trustme2:
Wasteful government. You mean 1982? shocked shocked shocked cool shocked shocked shocked shocked :oo And heat dey catch me for hia

i tell u........here na fire dy catch me
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by favourmic(m): 8:03am On Feb 12, 2018
EternalTruths:
Give it to the Biafrans and watch them put it to active service.

But will hate & arrogance allow Nigerians to do so in order to increase electricity output.?

given weting?? you think say nah drug

3 Likes

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by Benekruku(m): 8:04am On Feb 12, 2018
olabrad:
I suspect it was started by shagari. But Buhari chased him out of office and refused to complete the project. Buhari is a big failure

Be sincere with yourself, where have you succeeded in life for you to have the effrontery to say someone is a failure? Please! you dont have a right to point accusing fingers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by Follygunners: 8:06am On Feb 12, 2018
Boleyndynasty2:
I really don't understand why our governments find it hard to provide power for this country... Imagine spending millions on this and letting it rot away without ever been put to use

I'm so appalled in the same manner. The answer isn't far fetched... The CABALS! Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga et al... and all others (Politcians / Vampires-In-Power) that benefit from the crude oil of our nation. cry

1 Like

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:06am On Feb 12, 2018
HajimeSaito:

There's no better job than raising awareness against domestic violence.
what about the awareness about women remaining living despite successful surge?

I am not in any way supporting domestic violence and the husband deserves the death penalty!
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by cytell56: 8:07am On Feb 12, 2018
Islie:

The German made gadgets are now obsolete – Dam authorities

Only private investors can rescue the Iseyin project – Expert

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-fg-abandoned-multi-million-naira-electricity-turbines-since-1982.html

Eye service weeping!!! Mteeeeew
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by delpee(f): 8:08am On Feb 12, 2018
Sad indeed cry but you should create another thread for this instead of derailing this one.
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by Smony: 8:08am On Feb 12, 2018
outdatet stuff. Next
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by phreakabit(m): 8:11am On Feb 12, 2018
Wasn't Buhari the nation's head of state from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985?
After he orchestrated the Nigerian military coup of December 31, 1983 that led to the ouster of the democratically elected government of President Shehu Shagari? Seems like that is exactly where it all went wrong!

2 Likes

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by TerrorSquad147: 8:12am On Feb 12, 2018
W3xy1:
I think we need someone like putin in this country
or the president of china
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by olabrad: 8:12am On Feb 12, 2018
Benekruku:

Be sincere with yourself, where have you succeeded in life for you to have the effrontery to say someone is a failure? Please! you dont have a right to point accusing fingers.

Kindly learn to open your brain when you read a comment so that you can appear wise in your replies.

I voted someone into office he fulfilled less than 30% of his electoral promises. Does that sound like a pass mark or success in the bush where you were isolated from?

And yes, I have the right to point accusing finger at an elected official that fails to fulfil his electoral promises. If you don't know your right, it is your personal problem; I'm not responsible for changing some people's brains to strands of noddles mixed with cow dung.
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by yhemster(m): 8:16am On Feb 12, 2018
Nigerians will always like to point figures or blame someone else for our misfortune. For how long will we continue to blame the government for our collective failures as a citizens? This is just another example of wastage, embezzlement, corruption, mismanagement etc that will continuously sabotage the possibility of having a modern society.
Shame on us all. A so called educated country that cannot build a nation.

Wake up https://www.nairaland.com/4271595/fellow-nigerian-youths-matter-serious
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 12, 2018
Very useless Nigerian government, and someone will say we are not a Zoo country.
We are even worse than a shithole honestly.
Thunder fire ALL our leaders for the mess they put on us daily in this God-forsaken country, reason I stopped praying for this damned nation. spits...

Abeg who can help me process a Canadian Visa?

1 Like

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by jeroba1(m): 8:29am On Feb 12, 2018
hmmmm
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by supereagle(m): 8:32am On Feb 12, 2018
We are not cursed, but we like to celebrate corruption in Nigeria. If someone wants to do the right that will move Nigeria forward , we remove him, Prof Dora Akunyili was removed as a minister for daring to do the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by seguno2: 8:36am On Feb 12, 2018
AdeniyiA:
This is curse, Nigeria needs deliverance! shocked
embarassed

Will you lead
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by yom2(m): 8:41am On Feb 12, 2018
kingdenny:
The money that was mapped out for installation has gone into some few people pockets. Even the amount used to purchase it was highly inflated Plus we do not run a continuous government. Everything a previous regime did is swept away. Even we the citizens no dey ask questions.
People have been feeding fat on this entity called Nigeria.. In a long time.. Trust me when I say if our leaders were not corrupt.. Nigeria for better pass most developed nations.
there's a foot bridge near completion in DOPEMU under bridge by Abeokuta express way. the project has been abandoned after Jonathan's government left. even though its 90% complete , it has been abandoned and left like a monument . and some metres away a new foot bridge has commenced. now u begin to wonder: 'what's wrong with africans'

2 Likes

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by SaroWiwa: 8:41am On Feb 12, 2018
This country have a very strong history of abandoning projects that run into billions of not trillions of dollars. It is very sad, because these projects could have impacted positively on the lives and development of the citizens of carried out to their completions.

In other parts of the world were they are developed, projects are initiated and funded that span through years of successive governments. Why is our case different?

1 Like

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by seanswitch(m): 8:46am On Feb 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

God bless you.

First of all the equipment was bought brand new!!
And does not require and repairs at present.

from what I can see in pics the parts that would easily wear out are all mechanical parts and can be locally fabricated.

Exactly my thought. The equipment can still work with not much tweaking and replacement of parts that can be fabricated locally. We are not dullards in this country as most people think.
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by yom2(m): 8:50am On Feb 12, 2018
Drabeey:
One of the reasons he gave was that there are numerous new developments in hydro technology that have rendered the old turbines useless.

How technology has made life so simple. so 36 years technology is now obsolete.
Yet, the problem we have is that we never see beyond our nose in this part of this world.

anyways....

Drabeey was HERE
no mind them. if u go and do ur research that turbine is still running in some countries. worst case scrnerio , concession or auction it to willing private investors to redeemed it, but a Blackman will not do that.

1 Like

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by Spidermon: 9:09am On Feb 12, 2018
Since we cant seem to get this power issue right as a country, let govt subsidize fuel and generators and let us smog up the atmosphere like China.

But seriously, Nigeria's matter is a spiritual something.
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by Benekruku(m): 9:10am On Feb 12, 2018
olabrad:

Kindly learn to open your brain when you read a comment so that you can appear wise in your replies.

I voted someone into office he fulfilled less than 30% of his electoral promises. Does that sound like a pass mark or success in the bush where you were isolated from?

And yes, I have the right to point accusing finger at an elected official that fails to fulfil his electoral promises. If you don't know your right, it is your personal problem; I'm not responsible for changing some people's brains to strands of noddles mixed with cow dung.

My comment never warranted the long epistle
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by brightleave(m): 9:18am On Feb 12, 2018
Let vote back pdp to completely finish the country. grin grin cool
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by josh123(m): 9:24am On Feb 12, 2018
Shithole
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by olabrad: 9:25am On Feb 12, 2018
Benekruku:

My comment never warranted the long epistle

It's good they know that their comments are too stupid to warrant any comment.
Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by GavelSlam: 9:26am On Feb 12, 2018
FarahAideed:
This is another proof that Buhari has been 80 percent responsible for the rot Nigeria is today...If Buhari had not overthrown Shagari in that selfish useless coup plot in 1983 the Shagari govt and any subsequent democratic govt would have gone on to fix these turbine thereby paving the way for better scalable electricity infrastructure but no Buhari will instead overthrow Shagari and throw Nigerians into sudden uncertainty that only made Nigerians more corrupt, heartless and self centred as everyone entered into a dangerous mode of desperate survival people started to do unbecoming things to survive , a culture that has stuck till date and it's now getting worse under the second coming of Buhari .

Buhari took over at least 12 months after the equipment had been bought and abandoned.

The civilian government had no intention of installing otherwise, it wouldn't take 12 months or more to do so.

1 Like

Re: FG Abandoned Electricity Turbines At Ikere Gorge Dam In Iseyin, Oyo Since 1982 by Darahson: 9:38am On Feb 12, 2018
We sabi waste better things here... The way they waste human life so..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mr Macroni Accuses Dayo Isreal Of Threatening Nigerians Over 2023 Election / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / 9 Things Buhari Promised Nigerians In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.