Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,496 members, 7,840,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere (15393 Views)

Edo: Obaseki Heaps Sand In Front Of Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (Photos) / Heaps Of Refuse Litter Onitsha Metropolis As Evacuators’ Strike Continues / Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by datola: 10:10am On Feb 12, 2018
ok
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by temmytee20(m): 10:11am On Feb 12, 2018
Govt caused dis.... They re trying to stop all D private waste collectors from working..... So they insist that waste trucks shld not enter any street again.... So all D house shld bring there dirt to the main side of the road so as to allow easy access of Govt trucks..... Bt the waste are now getting much..... And they don't com on time to pack them.....
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by SAMBARRY: 10:11am On Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere in Lagos is filthy and stinking.from iyanapaja,ayobo,iba,mile 2,iyanaba,mile 10,everywhere is grossly polluted.

Yesterday I was in agege and sewage water was open and mixed with rain water on the streets,heaps of refuse was all over the floor and people were dipping their legs into such disgusting water.

Sometimes I just sit and wonder whether our leaders have emotions,empathy or blood in their system.of not how can a state be so congested,polluted with human,material and industrial waste,air polluted,water polluted,food polluted,environmental degradation everyday and we're comfortable eating,sleeping,foking and giving birth in such toxic environment?

WHERE are the public health graduates?
Medical doctors,pharmacists,microbiologists etc?shey una just go school for certificate?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by fatymore(f): 10:12am On Feb 12, 2018
I wish I can snap tow.. The dirt is becoming too much especially in the mainland......don't just build roads please. Health is wealth

2 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by okoliexpress: 10:12am On Feb 12, 2018
rxmusa:
WHY WE SHOULD DEMAND FOR PMB TO RE-CONTEST.

* Nigeria is rated the best in fighting corruption in Africa.

*Interpol Commends EFCC ‘s Anti-Graft Efforts, Recommends it As Model for Africa

* Nigerian stock is rated best in the world followed– So many foreign investors now find it more profitable to invest in Nigerian stocks than that of other developing and emerging markets.

* Ease of doing business is now better with Nigeria now rating 145th from previous 169th

*Nigerian style of fighting insurgency is rated the best–reported by top foreign media in 2017

* Nigeria got out of recession faster that every other country that was also in recession during the same period – country like Venezuela is still in recession, Brazil just got out.

* There is higher level of transparency in government than we've ever had, and foreign investors and countries are happier to do business dealings with us.

*Nigeria now produce more commodities than we've ever produced before.–export is encouraged.

*Execution of Projects is faster now than ever before – it took the combination of OBJ, Yar'adua and GEJ to build 3000MW of electricity; PMB has increased it in less than 3years to 7000MW.

*The country stopped saving in 2009, but resumed saving in with this administration – we currently have excess of $41b in our external reserves from $30b left by previous government.

*UK recently approved to receive Naira as lingual franca when purchasing in UK to strengthen our currency more, as they are now encouraged by the achievements of PMB – the last time Naira was accepted in west countries was in the 80s, when super markets accept our currency in the US.
*Comity of Nations respect Nigeria now–what was difficult to achieve with rebranding of the country's image by late Dora, is now possible with the integrity of PMB. The country has never had it this good in external relationship.

*There is higher level of military confidence from the cowardice and low morales by the military in the last dispensation.

A SUPPORT for PMB to CONTINUE beyond 2019 is an ASSENT to PROGRESS in NIGERIA.

I love Nigeria.

you know the emboldened is a big lie, as PMB Administration is yet to commission any power plant built/initiated by it.

2 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by lurdkriss: 10:13am On Feb 12, 2018
This wasn't so during fasholas tenure, no continuity in this apc government ,even when d emmediate past governor and this present governor are from the same party. It's a shame..

2 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Jokerman(m): 10:18am On Feb 12, 2018
efesodje:

The population of Lagos is too much. The size cannot accommodate the amount of people living there and also the amount trooping in on a daily basis. It's a disaster waiting to happen angry

Is the population larger than Beijing, shanghai, New York or New Delhi??

3 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Asquare84(m): 10:20am On Feb 12, 2018
Omooba77:
Idi-Oro, Mushin, just after Dormanlong

See people the pick plantain from refuse hip for lagos

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by dhardline(m): 10:21am On Feb 12, 2018
What do expect from paddy paddy governance. I won't be surprised if Tinubu has a major stake in vision scape.

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Caseless: 10:21am On Feb 12, 2018
This city is dirty.

Just give me Kaduna, uyo and calabar - then I'm cool.

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by SAMBARRY: 10:23am On Feb 12, 2018
Jokerman:

the issue is that the infrastructural facilities cannot accommodate or cater for the large population living in Lagos nog which the so called infrastructural facilities in Lagos are deteriorating BECAUSE they're not maintained.look at the gutters,they're over full and dripping out yet people are comfortable living within filth

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by ikeyman00(m): 10:23am On Feb 12, 2018
surprise in their usual habit the Igbo are not being blamed!

This is the center of the zoo called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Tinalex(f): 10:23am On Feb 12, 2018
rxmusa:

*Interpol Commends EFCC ‘s Anti-Graft Efforts, Recommends it As Model for Africa

* Nigerian stock is rated best in the world followed– So many foreign investors now find it more profitable to invest in Nigerian stocks than that of other developing and emerging markets.

* Ease of doing business is now better with Nigeria now rating 145th from previous 169th

*Nigerian style of fighting insurgency is rated the best–reported by top foreign media in 2017

* Nigeria got out of recession faster that every other country that was also in recession during the same period – country like Venezuela is still in recession, Brazil just got out.

* There is higher level of transparency in government than we've ever had, and foreign investors and countries are happier to do business dealings with us.

*Nigeria now produce more commodities than we've ever produced before.–export is encouraged.

*Execution of Projects is faster now than ever before – it took the combination of OBJ, Yar'adua and GEJ to build 3000MW of electricity; PMB has increased it in less than 3years to 7000MW.

*The country stopped saving in 2009, but resumed saving in with this administration – we currently have excess of $41b in our external reserves from $30b left by previous government.

*UK recently approved to receive Naira as lingual franca when purchasing in UK to strengthen our currency more, as they are now encouraged by the achievements of PMB – the last time Naira was accepted in west countries was in the 80s, when super markets accept our currency in the US.

*Comity of Nations respect Nigeria now–what was difficult to achieve with rebranding of the country's image by late Dora, is now possible with the integrity of PMB. The country has never had it this good in external relationship.

*There is higher level of military confidence from the cowardice and low morales by the military in the last dispensation.

I love Nigeria.
Rxmusa how much were you paid for this advert? Most Nigerians are not dumbos you know

2 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by mckazzy(m): 10:24am On Feb 12, 2018
Thought boundary market in Ajegunle is the worst refuse dump site. the sites in those pictures are worst.

2 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by kullozone(m): 10:24am On Feb 12, 2018
rxmusa:

I love Nigeria.

E nor go better for all of una smiley

3 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by fastloan: 10:26am On Feb 12, 2018
except Ajah
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by SAMBARRY: 10:28am On Feb 12, 2018
Jokerman:

the issue is that the infrastructural facilities cannot accommodate or cater for the large population living in Lagos nog which the so called infrastructural facilities in Lagos are deteriorating BECAUSE they're not maintained.look at the gutters,they're over full and dripping out yet people are comfortable living within filth

Look at Oshodi fly over and bridge,market women have turned it to a place where they sell their wares,beggars and other people with disabilities have littered the place,bus tips are where market women dump waste and loafers defecate.just check iyanapaja bustop for example
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Jokerman(m): 10:29am On Feb 12, 2018
SAMBARRY:

Is population the cause or the govt??

2 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Bimpe29: 10:31am On Feb 12, 2018
You are right. I noted the same thing during my recent visit to Lagos. From Festac through Isolo, Oshodi, Maryland, Ikeja, Ogba, Fagba to Ishaga were evidently dirty. Unlike Lagos during Fashola's time.

3 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by SAMBARRY: 10:32am On Feb 12, 2018
Jokerman:

Is population the cause or the govt??
both
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 12, 2018
You leave the issue being discussed here to write on the need to return PMB, you are a waste!
Waste management is money spinning business, unfortunately the block-headed government will not let one go into it. They did rather assign roles to themselves and their cronies who are only interested in the money aspect of it. To clean up Lagos nay Nigeria is very easy, but government ought to leave the real professionals to handle it and pay tax thereafter...Lagos nay Nigeria is indeed a SHITHOLE.

quote author=rxmusa post=64995036]WHY WE SHOULD DEMAND FOR PMB TO RE-CONTEST.

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by NoToPile: 10:36am On Feb 12, 2018
Nigerians are impatient people ooo

The psp guys have been disengaged for months if not more than 6 months now.

Visionscape just started operations few weeks back, how we expect waste generated for months to be mopped up in about 3 weeks is what I don't get.

After 6 months we can really say if they are working or not

It took time for psp too too mop out waste then.

Now they want to turn this to fashola vs ambode, visionscape vs psp.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by SAMBARRY: 10:37am On Feb 12, 2018
Bimpe29:
You are right. I noted the same thing during my recent visit to Lagos. From Festac through Isolo, Oshodi, Maryland, Ikeja, Ogba, Fagba to Ishaga were evidently dirty. Unlike Lagos during Fashola's time.
I don't know but it seems lagosians are so accustomed and used to living and doing things in dirt THEY don't even have any sense of unpleasant smell or decorum for human sensibilities

Inside bus dirty and smelling with the smell of sweat ,on the streets filthy and smelling of sewage and thrash but they don't smell again.

Even churches and mosques are dirty in its environs,noise pollution.and every form of pollution you can think of,everywhere in Lagos,smoke from dingy buses,machines and human wastes and animal wastes on the street

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Incrizz(f): 10:38am On Feb 12, 2018
Omooba77:
Lagos state waste disposal needs to be totally rejig; most junctions in Yaba, Ebute-Meta, Surulere, Ishaga, Lawason, Ajah, Osodi and so on are litered with heaps of refuse everywhere. Now that rain has come; air borne diseases and epidemics are closer to us! Please Gov. Ambode do something!

Ambode should reinstate all sacked Lawma's (or the Company that handled waste management in Fashola's time) Managing Directors and staff he sacked to bring in Visionscape. They already have 8years of experience that Visionscape lacks!

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Feraz(m): 10:38am On Feb 12, 2018
Omooba77:
Lagos state waste disposal needs to be totally rejig; most junctions in Yaba, Ebute-Meta, Surulere, Ishaga, Lawason, Ajah, Osodi and so on are litered with heaps of refuse everywhere. Now that rain has come; air borne diseases and epidemics are closer to us! Please Gov. Ambode do something!
It's been bothering me also that I thought of opening a thread on this before I saw yours. The images above are 'manageable'. Go to the Island - Adeniji Adele, Idumota, Idumagbo, Jankara, Tinubu, Sura ironically, that's Visionscope HQ and all these places are close to Sura) etc. and you will see what dirt is. On further enquiry, I was made to understand that the people that normally carry people's trash have been banned and many were arrested so residents have to drop theirs on the pavements that separate the roads and then later at night, Visionscope disposes of the trash. I am just feeling sorry for this rainy season and how everywhere would stink. The rain would tell on the citizens.

EsotericMonk:
Sorry to say but Yoruba ppl are naturally dirty.
Please, don't make this about the Yoruba people. The govt. is at fault here.

SAMBARRY:

Look at Oshodi fly over and bridge,market women have turned it to a place where they sell their wares,beggars and other people with disabilities have littered the place,bus tips are where market women dump waste and loafers defecate.just check iyanapaja bustop for example
It is not population fault. I mean, Lagos has had a large population and Fashola was able to handle this so what makes that of Ambode different?

temmytee20:
Govt caused dis.... They re trying to stop all D private waste collectors from working..... So they insist that waste trucks shld not enter any street again.... So all D house shld bring there dirt to the main side of the road so as to allow easy access of Govt trucks..... Bt the waste are now getting much..... And they don't com on time to pack them.....
Oh, was that what the govt. representative said? Because that is what people are truly doing.

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by debolayinka(m): 10:39am On Feb 12, 2018
EsotericMonk:
Sorry to say but Yoruba ppl are naturally dirty.

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Rexnegro(m): 10:40am On Feb 12, 2018
Omooba77:
The tin tire me sef, the most painful one is the one at bus stop u go smell bad smell before u get bus or taxi

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Bonjoro: 10:41am On Feb 12, 2018
Come to meiran and see something

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by jaxxy(m): 10:42am On Feb 12, 2018
Nathan2016:
Products of over population

If okechukwu finish school reading petrochemical engineer, he comes to lagos

If musa finsh school reading medicine,....lagos
the same with tayo in Ekiti, and Akpan from akwa ibom...

Even poor thomos, a trader believe its lagos.....well u enjoy it together, you suffer it together...

China is alsi over populated. Let's not give excuses for failure by lagos state govt

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 12, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dear Senator Tinubu, Buhari Has Thrashed Us All! - Abimbola Adelakun / I Have Been Fair In My Appointments- President Buhari Tells Igbo Leaders (PICS) / See The Three More Hurdles Set For Would-be Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.