Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,442 members, 7,839,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere (15390 Views)

Edo: Obaseki Heaps Sand In Front Of Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (Photos) / Heaps Of Refuse Litter Onitsha Metropolis As Evacuators’ Strike Continues / Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by WorldRichest: 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2018
efesodje:

The population of Lagos is too much. The size cannot accommodate the amount of people living there and also the amount trooping in on a daily basis. It's a disaster waiting to happen angry

But the tax that the Lagos State government is collecting from millions of people living in Lagos is not too much. You need brain examination.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2018
NonFarmPayrol:
South was.......e

shocked

It the "T" on your keyboard not functioning?
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2018
WorldRichest:

But the tax that the Lagos State government is collecting from millions of people living in Lagos is not too much. You need brain examination.

You must be very silly for that remark. Look at this one talking about collection of increased tax without nothing tangible to show for such tax collection.

Go to other sane nations, cities are planned, there is a maximum threshold population-wise that such cities can cater for in order for the facilities to go round.

You just sit in your house in Lagos and envision Lagos to be a pace-setter when you have no yardstick to judge it by. Receive sense angry

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by buffalowings: 2:49pm On Feb 12, 2018
Zoharariel:
Ambode is rather pre-occupied with increasing the Lekki & Ikoyi toll fares oloshii oloriburuku, olori roboto bi ori ninja-turtle.

Onikun bembe biii ball felele.

Alapa tinrin bii ilekun molue.

Onidi gigan bii bread agege. sad

Eleyi gidigan grin

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by buffalowings: 2:54pm On Feb 12, 2018
Nathan2016:

Correct point you made,

But still china noticed it and decide to work on it through the number of children you should have.

Over population is really killing lagos....

inflow of people from other states to lag is too much,

I beg this argument doesn't hold
We still no plenty reach Dem
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Bimpe29: 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
As vibrant and enterprising as Lagos is, the menace this unkempt and unpleasant environment cannot be overemphasized.

SAMBARRY:
I don't know but it seems lagosians are so accustomed and used to living and doing things in dirt THEY don't even have any sense of unpleasant smell or decorum for human sensibilities

Inside bus dirty and smelling with the smell of sweat ,on the streets filthy and smelling of sewage and thrash but they don't smell again.

Even churches and mosques are dirty in its environs,noise pollution.and every form of pollution you can think of,everywhere in Lagos,smoke from dingy buses,machines and human wastes and animal wastes on the street

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nathan2016: 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2018
buffalowings:

I beg this argument doesn't hold
We still no plenty reach Dem

Am not talking about china here, am talking about lagos. not china and nigeria

Lagos is overpopulated and unless you are not living here, i wont argue wit yo on it.

How many of your classmates moved to lagos after school?
thats if you are a graduate
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by henrijin: 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2018
I thought it was my eyes that were dirty. The way the heaps are everywhere eh, you begin to wonder if....
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by SAMBARRY: 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
simplex2:

I beg to differ...their was no 'immediate' explosion in population. Just 2-3yrs back, Fashiola managed this waste to a reasonable extent. Unless you mean that population growth within the last 2 years was at a geometrical progression.

Lets put the blame squarely on Govt that discontinued LAWMA to launch another refuse collection agency I am sure he has vested interest in.
In.terms of population,People who obviously cannot afford to take care of or send a child to.school will be the one getting pregnant every month

Government too has refused to find an alternative to this disgusting trend in lagos
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by eleojo23: 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2018
SAMBARRY:

In.terms of population,People who obviously cannot afford to take care of or send a child to.school will be the one getting pregnant every month

Government too has refused to find an alternative to this disgusting trend in lagos

This Nigeria na.
A place where sanity is thrown to the wind always and anything goes..sad
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by bayulll011(m): 4:54pm On Feb 12, 2018
SAMBARRY:

shut the Bleep up and stop saying rubbish.

the pathetic governor cannot manage waste,traffic hes clueless on what his doing.
all the elephant project ask yourself how it has affected your life all the project the moffo is doing.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by delpee(f): 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
I still don't understand why the former system in place was scropped. The roads were swept clean everyday and the refuse packed.

Now we only have Cleaner Lagos by word of mouth.

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by maviarcad1: 5:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
Zoharariel:
Ambode is rather pre-occupied with increasing the Lekki & Ikoyi toll fares oloshii oloriburuku, olori roboto bi ori ninja-turtle.

Onikun bembe biii ball felele.

Alapa tinrin bii ilekun molue.

Onidi gigan bii bread agege. sad

I laugh tire i swear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by simplex2: 5:11pm On Feb 12, 2018
SAMBARRY:

I can now see that this our discussion is beyond dirt in Lagos. Loll...if you have issues with people fvcking, pls sign up with UN volunteer group and preach safe sex. You are really ranting like your hussy has denied you sex for a veryyy long time.

No offeinse angry

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Icon79(m): 5:11pm On Feb 12, 2018
Ambode is working grin

O pari

Lifestone:
This is very disturbing. Can anybody brief the house what's been done about this by Lagos State Govt
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Blue3k(m): 5:30pm On Feb 12, 2018
Why does the state government need to clear your garbage. This can just as easily be solved by a competent local government. All the have to do is assign trash days then haul it off. Paying garbage men can't be that expensive just get the trucks. I'm sure the IGR is enough to cover this if it isn't raise it. Seriously whats point of local government if the can't provide services.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Mimee803: 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
Fasholas system was working lawma and the PSPs were working when will our leaders learn if something isn't broken don't fix it! All he should have done was improve that system and pick something else as his own pet project...that way gradually there would be working systems and change in every sector... ije ku je and foolish arrogance won't let them rest..smh
Omooba77:

Please help us report to authority if you have the means.
Ajakale arun oda ni ilu Eko
Cc lalasticlala
This visionscape experience is not it at all. LASG need to look at workable solution
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Mimee803: 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2018
delpee:
I still don't understand why the former system in place was scropped. The roads were swept clean everyday and the refuse packed.

my point exactly! Thank you!
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Omooba77: 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2018
Mimee803:
Fasholas system was working lawma and the PSPs were working when will our leaders learn if something isn't broken don't fix it! All he should have done was improve that system and pick something else as his own pet project...that way gradually there would be working systems and change in every sector... ije ku je and foolish arrogance won't let them rest..smh

Ogbon agboju ma pa Ologbon lara ni
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Origin(f): 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
Every where in Lagos is dirty.at schools at work, in the bus, in the marketplace everyone is complaining.

The cleaner Lagos initiative is not yielding visible dividends.
The roads are dirty. Lawma that used to sweep are no where to be found.

Some workers are wearing new uniforms but the cleaning is not better.
And the new uniform that resembles BRT colours does not seem safe for the workers. (not as visible as the bright orange)
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by maclatunji: 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2018
NoToPile:
Nigerians are impatient people ooo

The psp guys have been disengaged for months if not more than 6 months now.

Visionscape just started operations few weeks back, how we expect waste generated for months to be mopped up in about 3 weeks is what I don't get.

After 6 months we can really say if they are working or not

It took time for psp too too mop out waste then.

Now they want to turn this to fashola vs ambode, visionscape vs psp.

Lagos has been dirty for over a year, getting worse every month. There was a largely effective system in place, the governor had no business stopping the old system when his new system is not ready.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by NoToPile: 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2018
maclatunji:

Lagos has been dirty for over a year, getting worse every month. There was a largely effective system in place, the governor had no business stopping the old system when his new system is not ready.

Largely effective but not totally hygienic and safe methods, there were actually places in Lagos that those psps never reached these years

The whole stuff had been challenged by lawsuits, counter lawsuits this past year which is not the fault of visionscape

Dumpsite were wrongly managed,olusosun and the one beside igando general hospital, place is always smellling,that igando site was and still is an eyesore the express road around that site is fillled with dirt. Those places alone can cause a disease outbreak.

Waste management is more than packing refuse.

I believe the new guys have something better to offer, for me I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let's see what they will do.

3 weeks is to short to give them a review for a time lapse in waste packing of more than 6 months.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Omooba77: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2018
Origin:
Every where in Lagos is dirty.at schools at work, in the bus, in the marketplace everyone is complaining.

And the new uniform that resembles BRT colours does not seem safe for the workers. (not as visible as the bright orange)

They cant work where it is not well illuminated; one of the bane of Nigeria system is starting a new project; even the old has not been finished. Thereby wasting money and other scarce resources.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by maclatunji: 12:06am On Feb 13, 2018
NoToPile:

Largely effective but not totally hygienic and safe methods, there were actually places in Lagos that those psps never reached these years

The whole stuff had been challenged by lawsuits, counter lawsuits this past year which is not the fault of visionscape

Dumpsite were wrongly managed,olusosun and the one beside igando general hospital, place is always smellling,that igando site was and still is an eyesore the express road around that site is fillled with dirt. Those places alone can cause a disease outbreak.

Waste management is more than packing refuse.

I believe the new guys have something better to offer, for me I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let's see what they will do.

3 weeks is to short to give them a review for a time lapse in waste packing of more than 6 months.
From 70% to 20% efficiency is good in your opinion? Don't insult our sensibilities, for every hour garbage is on the road, thousands are getting sick and hundreds are probably dying. You managed to mention dump sites that were hazards before but these were isolated. Now, almost the entire state is an environmental hazard. If you have access to the governor directly, tell him to swallow his pride and bring back those managing waste in Lagos before. Otherwise, the kind of documentary report he might see one day might leave him sleepless for a week. That is how many people in Lagos feel now, sick in a filthy environment.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by NoToPile: 8:42am On Feb 13, 2018
maclatunji:
From 70% to 20% efficiency is good in your opinion? Don't insult our sensibilities, for every hour garbage is on the road, thousands are getting sick and hundreds are probably dying. You managed to mention dump sites that were hazards before but these were isolated. Now, almost the entire state is an environmental hazard. If you have access to the governor directly, tell him to swallow his pride and bring back those managing waste in Lagos before. Otherwise, the kind of documentary report he might see one day might leave him sleepless for a week. That is how many people in Lagos feel now, sick in a filthy environment.
T
My point still is 3 weeks is a short time to conclude if they can handle waste management or not, even psps will take a while before they can mop up the waste in lagos.

Maybe I feel this way because I have never really felt the psps where I live.

There should have been a process put in place to mop up waste and fill up the vaccum during these months the psps were inactive before visionscape started full operations, that I agree with totally.

I also agree almost everywhere is dirty.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
okoliexpress:
visionscape is shit.. i was just discussing this with a colleague of mine that Lagos under Ambode is now a big pile of dirt.. why disengage Lawma in the first place? an already existing system that works just fine..
So what do you think is the solution to Lagos waste crisis?
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
Origin:

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
delpee:

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2018
Graciousnaija:
This is what happens when you don't appreciate an existing system that has worked over the few years. Instead of fine tuning whatever is perceived to be wrong the lasg opted for complete scrapping and replacement.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by DamnnNiggarr: 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2020
Omooba77:

Ooo, I dont want this place to look dirty...Anyway...
NGpatriot
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by DamnnNiggarr: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2020
Omooba77:
More dirt
NGpatriot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

School Feeding: Oyetola Inaugurates 2,210 New Food Vendors (Photos) / Boko Haram Attacks Rann, Borno, Kills 17 People, Burns Houses / Peter Obi Meets With Sule Lamido, Ex-Governor Of Jigawa In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.