Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,407 members, 7,850,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:32 PM

Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere (15409 Views)

Edo: Obaseki Heaps Sand In Front Of Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (Photos) / Heaps Of Refuse Litter Onitsha Metropolis As Evacuators’ Strike Continues / Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Omooba77: 10:43am On Feb 12, 2018
SAMBARRY:
Everywhere in Lagos is filthy and stinking.from iyanapaja,ayobo,iba,mile 2,iyanaba,mile 10,everywhere is grossly polluted.

Yesterday I was in agege and sewage water was open and mixed with rain water on the streets,heaps of refuse was all over the floor and people were dipping their legs into such disgusting water.

Sometimes I just sit and wonder whether our leaders have emotions,empathy or blood in their system.of not how can a state be so congested,polluted with human,material and industrial waste,air polluted,water polluted,food polluted,environmental degradation everyday and we're comfortable eating,sleeping,foking and giving birth in such toxic environment?

WHERE are the public health graduates?
Medical doctors,pharmacists,microbiologists etc?shey una just go school for certificate?

Kosi wole wole mo. No sanitary inspectors again. Apart from government, Nigerians, especially Lagos are 'kudeti' (too dirty); apology to my Ibadan people

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by SAMBARRY: 10:44am On Feb 12, 2018
Feraz:
It's been bothering me also that I thought of opening a thread on this before I saw yours. The images above are 'manageable'. Go to the Island - Adeniji Adele, Idumota, Idumagbo, Jankara, Tinubu, Sura ironically, that's Visionscope HQ and all these places are close to Sura) etc. and you will see what dirt is. On further enquiry, I was made to understand that the people that normally carry people's trash have been banned and many were arrested so residents have to drop theirs on the pavements that separate the roads and then later at night, Visionscope disposes of the trash. I am just feeling sorry for this rainy season and how everywhere would stink.

Please, don't make this about the Yoruba people. The govt. is at fault here.

It is not population fault. I mean, Lagos has had a large population and Fashola was able to handle this so what makes that of Ambode different?
ambode is not containing the population o.

Are there not public health graduates in Lagos?doctors,social science researchers,sociologists and anthropologists?what are their certificates or knowledge for?it is time for ambode to employ them in his team and do the needful
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by bigfish3k: 10:44am On Feb 12, 2018
Nathan2016:
Products of over population

If okechukwu finish school reading petrochemical engineer, he comes to lagos

If musa finsh school reading medicine,....lagos
the same with tayo in Ekiti, and Akpan from akwa ibom...

Even poor thomos, a trader believe its lagos.....well u enjoy it together, you suffer it together...

e tire me ooo
and rumours still have it that they are forcing innoson to relocate to lagos, he refused, hence his current travails. If its true ......... it leaves me wondering
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by bayulll011(m): 10:50am On Feb 12, 2018
Zoharariel:
Ambode is rather pre-occupied with increasing the Lekki & Ikoyi toll fares oloshii oloriburuku, olori roboto bi ori ninja-turtle.

Onikun bembe biii ball felele.

Alapa tinrin bii ilekun molue.

Onidi gigan bii bread agege. sad

i wrote this sometimes ago,they told me am hating on the man.

1.Lagos traffic

Heaven knows these is one of the hellish and most annoying thing Lagosian go through daily,all the road are either bad or being in the state of comatose for more than a year due to reconstructuring and slow executions of projects by hes croonics called contractors.

how do you explain the traffic on the island and mainland,u spend most of your time on traffic,you wonder what happen to the fear of lasma we have during fashola regime,all you see is danfo drivers picking and causing traffic in all bus stops.

2.Refuse

lagos has turn to what i called a bin,no street in lagos you will pass through where there will not be gabbages of rubbish in streets,highways etc,he he is clueless on managing waste that was going on fine during fashola era,Ambode gave expatriate to manage the waste in his state these can only be said of someone who is clueless.

3. Infrastructures.

forget all the Elephant project,Ambode is looting Lagos dry,no accountable on all the project in lagos,is either those projects are over budgeted or projected in a manner that one will wonder what's going on,remember Abule Egba bridge and Ojota pedestrian bridge this is just one of those project,and someone should tell him o stop buying generators to power those street,a sensible and visionary leaders envisage and solve problems that may arise in the future not buying generators to police and adding to global warming.

4.Education.

i have not seen anything in these area,Ambode still enjoy all the policies Fashola put into place,fashola build and renovated all the public schools and created some learning and research centres for children with special attributes,but ambode seems not to understand that Lagos populace needs more and viable world class education centres to meet up with the rest of the world.

Amdode has no idea to turn the education of the state around,go to some public school today it will suprise you that some don't have chairs they sit on floor to attends to lectures.

5.Electricity

someone should educate mr Ambode that the whole body of lagos is covered with water,and there is something they called Hydro thermal energy,these can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and he can sell to neighboring state and earn more money,he should stop buying generators to power all the street light in lagos,this is 2017 for heaven sake the arctic ice is melting,there is global warming he should meet professionals,a nuclear fusion reactors that can be easily shut down by water can serve the whole nation instead of waiting for the unfortunate people at the senate to pass a bill on devolutions of electricity bill that will never see the light of the day.

6.Employment

The lagos state govermnet website advertised some opening recently i will ask how many people was able to apply and get the job,he favored hes croonics,party cheiftance favored the meneber of hes church,no JOB is thrown at the masses,he recruited LASMA recently,where are they today,now neighborhood watch,he waste so much on unproductive projects,most of these projects also take eternity before execution.

Go to street of lagos all you see are hungry and angry youth roaming the street,cos no job which has already paved way to differnet crime in the state,he should come up with idea to employ the common man on the street not all these unproductive job that add nothing to the state.

7.Health.

lagos still don't have viable health scheme,go to our various hospital you will be amazed and cry for us as a nation's,no tools to work on,no word class health equipments you buy bed space,you pay for everything,annoying thing is they fly abroad if they have malaria,lagosian should be wise and these issues of God father has to stop,vote for a sensible and visionary leaders that will add value to your life

4 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by SAMBARRY: 10:51am On Feb 12, 2018
Omooba77:

Kosi wole wole mo. No sanitary inspectors again. Apart from government, Nigerians, especially Lagos are 'kudeti' (too dirty); apology to my Ibadan people
YES there are no wole wole but we have environmental inspection officers.lagosians should take some damn responsibility of their environment

I remember some time back,as of last year a woman's baby was defeating close to where they were selling meat in the market and the inspection officers came.can YOU believe that the market men and women started quarreling with them and hurling insults on them as if their complaints weren't legitimate.I was surprised.Lagos state government is not helping matters but lagosians seem to be oblivious of environmental care.its all about hustle for them forgetting that when self induced sickness caused by environmental pollution knocks them down,that same money will be spent on drugs and hospital

There's an old addage that says take care of your environment and your environment will take care of you
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 12, 2018
what do they do with the millions they collect as revenue and tax, hmm i know where lassa fever in naija will start.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 12, 2018
Lassa Fever, Cholera and Dysentry epidemic loading.
The government cannot marry the fact dirty enviroment can cause an epidemeic of gigantic porportion...this are the basest things

cleaning the enviroment is rocket science if they cannot ensure that the rstreets are clean then can they do more?

so what is essence of tax.
Maurituis is still struggling with its Black Plague, all we need is a diseased rat and see the population of Lagos wiped out.
The Bubonic plauge kiiled 75 - 200 million in the Middle ages, and was caused by filth and vermin.
very sad. they jump to US and UK where the streets are clean, have mutiple passports of different countries yet find it impossible to make Nigeria like those counries they jump to, its the little things that make UK attractive, clean streets, clean water, a working pension system, and that is it,

2 Likes

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by waje278: 11:05am On Feb 12, 2018
Subscribe for your fixed games today and bet with confidence, see won slip below

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Graciousnaija: 11:13am On Feb 12, 2018
This is what happens when you don't appreciate an existing system that has worked over the few years. Instead of fine tuning whatever is perceived to be wrong the lasg opted for complete scrapping and replacement.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Bizibi(m): 11:18am On Feb 12, 2018
Don't worry by the time they are through with eco-atlantic city lagosians will see the other side of their govt.....
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by NaijaEfcc: 11:19am On Feb 12, 2018
rxmusa:
WHY WE SHOULD DEMAND FOR PMB TO RE-CONTEST.

* Nigeria is rated the best in fighting corruption in Africa.

*Interpol Commends EFCC ‘s Anti-Graft Efforts, Recommends it As Model for Africa

* Nigerian stock is rated best in the world followed– So many foreign investors now find it more profitable to invest in Nigerian stocks than that of other developing and emerging markets.

* Ease of doing business is now better with Nigeria now rating 145th from previous 169th

*Nigerian style of fighting insurgency is rated the best–reported by top foreign media in 2017

* Nigeria got out of recession faster that every other country that was also in recession during the same period – country like Venezuela is still in recession, Brazil just got out.

* There is higher level of transparency in government than we've ever had, and foreign investors and countries are happier to do business dealings with us.

*Nigeria now produce more commodities than we've ever produced before.–export is encouraged.

*Execution of Projects is faster now than ever before – it took the combination of OBJ, Yar'adua and GEJ to build 3000MW of electricity; PMB has increased it in less than 3years to 7000MW.

*The country stopped saving in 2009, but resumed saving in with this administration – we currently have excess of $41b in our external reserves from $30b left by previous government.

*UK recently approved to receive Naira as lingual franca when purchasing in UK to strengthen our currency more, as they are now encouraged by the achievements of PMB – the last time Naira was accepted in west countries was in the 80s, when super markets accept our currency in the US.

*Comity of Nations respect Nigeria now–what was difficult to achieve with rebranding of the country's image by late Dora, is now possible with the integrity of PMB. The country has never had it this good in external relationship.

*There is higher level of military confidence from the cowardice and low morales by the military in the last dispensation.

A SUPPORT for PMB to CONTINUE beyond 2019 is an ASSENT to PROGRESS in NIGERIA.

I love Nigeria.

How much is fuel ?
How much is dollar?
How much is food stuffs in the market?
How much is transportation?
Have power improved??
How about security??
How many people have Fulani herdsmen killed?

angry angry angry No just vex me this morning!!

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by NotComplaining: 11:23am On Feb 12, 2018
Trash is a rich mans dilemma. I really never knew Lagos was so wealthy! Only the well-to-do waste food and plastics.

Ambode must be doing a great job if the state is able to produce so much rubbish.

Lagos needs less dump sites that plague surrounding communities, and more modular recycling plants that create jobs and attract foreign investment.

You see trash, I see fertilizer, environmentally friendly bio fuels, pesticides, priceless metals!

Thank God we are moving forward!
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by fairheven: 11:23am On Feb 12, 2018
what I see in Lagos is a deliberate and clandestine system trying to erase the legacy of former governor , Fashola.

if a system working ,you improve on it and not destroy it.why remove PSP and introduce VisionScape abi visionscared when they have no structure on ground?

what is so special about them ,why not integrate both to create partnership... even if it means repainting and rebranding the PSP logo?
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by osayuwamwen(m): 11:29am On Feb 12, 2018
You can't fine heap of refuse of this magnitude anywhere in Benin.

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by eleojo23: 11:35am On Feb 12, 2018
osayuwamwen:
You can't fine heap of refuse of this magnitude anywhere in Benin.

Yeah..Benin is clean now
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by michealdeco: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2018
lebete3000:

That's Surulere Baptist Church. My church back then. Now gone from Winners to full blown Atheist(freethinker) cheesy

Life is good being Atheist men! grin
you need one bottle of origin
cold one

religion is a big scam
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Tunks2017(m): 11:41am On Feb 12, 2018
. sad

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Okeikpu(m): 11:41am On Feb 12, 2018
Omooba77:
More refuse
LAGOS THE DIRTIES CITY IN WORLD,I'M NOT SURPRISED grin
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by jakesbaba: 11:41am On Feb 12, 2018
okoliexpress:
visionscape is shit.. i was just discussing this with a colleague of mine that Lagos under Ambode is now a big pile of dirt.. why disengage Lawma in the first place? an already existing system that works just fine..

I had a discussion with my sis on this same issue last week. Its been long I move round Lagos but I did that last week and I was shocked to see refuse everywhere.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2018
SAMBARRY:
I don't know but it seems lagosians are so accustomed and used to living and doing things in dirt THEY don't even have any sense of unpleasant smell or decorum for human sensibilities

Inside bus dirty and smelling with the smell of sweat ,on the streets filthy and smelling of sewage and thrash but they don't smell again.

Even churches and mosques are dirty in its environs,noise pollution.and every form of pollution you can think of,everywhere in Lagos,smoke from dingy buses,machines and human wastes and animal wastes on the street

You've said everything I had in my mind.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by lozanni(m): 12:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
Zoharariel:
Ambode is rather pre-occupied with increasing the Lekki & Ikoyi toll fares oloshii oloriburuku, olori roboto bi ori ninja-turtle.

grin grin grin Jeki Won mu e ni be yen. Lol.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by lozanni(m): 12:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
Zoharariel:

grin grin grin Jeki Won mu eeh ni be yen. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Iamthoney(m): 12:31pm On Feb 12, 2018
No be today nyansh don dey for back....Lagos has always been dirty since time immemorial

P.s: Na Lagos dem born me, na Lagos I grow up and live the better part of my formative years, na Lagos I still dey stay oooo
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by akigbemaru: 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2018
Omooba77:
Lagos state waste disposal needs to be totally rejig; most junctions in Yaba, Ebute-Meta, Surulere, Ishaga, Lawason, Ajah, Osodi and so on are litered with heaps of refuse everywhere. Now that rain has come; air borne diseases and epidemics are closer to us! Please Gov. Ambode do something!
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by MMempire(m): 12:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
Boundary road towards marine beach have about a kilometre line of refuse at both side of the road divider. The surprising thing is that, it is less than a minute drive from the local government secretariat and many big men including expatriates and miltary personels use that route in and out of their barracks, apapa, ojulegba, constain and lagos island.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Angy55(f): 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
SAMBARRY:
I don't know but it seems lagosians are so accustomed and used to living and doing things in dirt THEY don't even have any sense of unpleasant smell or decorum for human sensibilities

Inside bus dirty and smelling with the smell of sweat ,on the streets filthy and smelling of sewage and thrash but they don't smell again.

Even churches and mosques are dirty in its environs,noise pollution.and every form of pollution you can think of,everywhere in Lagos,smoke from dingy buses,machines and human wastes and animal wastes on the street

They are use to it. No fresh air in 70% land mass in Lagos occupied by people.
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by simplex2: 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
SAMBARRY:
both

I beg to differ...their was no 'immediate' explosion in population. Just 2-3yrs back, Fashiola managed this waste to a reasonable extent. Unless you mean that population growth within the last 2 years was at a geometrical progression.

Lets put the blame squarely on Govt that discontinued LAWMA to launch another refuse collection agency I am sure he has vested interest in.

1 Like

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by papzie(m): 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
Even in festac

Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by jobbers: 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
really
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nathan2016: 2:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
jaxxy:

China is alsi over populated. Let's not give excuses for failure by lagos state govt

Correct point you made,

But still china noticed it and decide to work on it through the number of children you should have.

Over population is really killing lagos....

inflow of people from other states to lag is too much,
Re: Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
Shithole!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking / Asari Dokubo Sued Over War Threat / Military Accused Of Training Troops In Bathroom Slippers & Without Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.