Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,251 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? (9451 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Bosdem(f): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2007
To know if human can obey simple instructions
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by KAG: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2007
Bosdem:

To know if human can obey simple instructions

Interesting. Would I be right in assuming that you don't believe the Abrahamic God was omniscient?
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by opsy(f): 3:31pm On Jan 28, 2008
well,as for me-i'ld say dere's no one dt can answer dt ques perfectly cos He only,understands d reason 4 evryfin He does moreover,his ways n tots rnt like ours.He's just unquestionable.sum1 might say-but then, do u realise that saying God is unquestionable makes him devoid of a loving father?,a dictator whose ways shouldnt be questioned?is that how a father is supposed to be?,let alone of a heavenly father.wen u question God,is just like questioning ur faith in Him.aktuali,dis aint d onli story dt poses confusion among peeps bt den,we just av to bliv it has a reason and do wateva He commands-His commandments.4 it is written in da bible itself:
--->wu is like a wise man?and wu knws d interpretation of a thing?a man's wisdom makes his face shine,and the hardness of his countenance is changed.keep the king's command,and cos of ur sacred oath be nt dismayed,go from His presence,do nt delay when the matter is unpleasant,for He does wateva He pleases.4 d word of the king is supreme,and wu may say to Him,"wat r u doing?".

--->i have seen the business that God has given to the sons of men to be busy with.He has made everytin beautiful in its time,also he has put eternity into man's mind,yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.

--->then i saw al d work of God,that man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun.howeva much man may toil in seeking,he will not find it out,even though a wise man claims to knw,he cannot find it out.

anyao sha,ma point is no mata ao we may try we cant find answers dt r gonna pin our ques right at da middle.al dis things r aktuali worth questioning bt we just avta take it dt way since faith is da assurance of things hoped 4 and conviction of things nt seen.by faith we undastand dt d world was created by d word of God,so that what is seen was made outta things which do not appear!
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by olabowale(m): 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Opsy
His commandments.4 it is written in da bible itself:
You are wrong. It is in the Qur'an. The Only true guidance.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by olabowale(m): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2008
At least we all agree that there is One God! The hypothesis of 3 godheads in One God is unproveable! Hence any book that contain that idea is the wrong book!
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by obanikoro2(m): 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2008
olabowale:

At least we all agree that there is One God! The hypothesis of 3 godheads in One God is unproveable! Hence any book that contain that idea is the wrong book!

If I give you a blinding slap on ur face what will you feel?
PAIN?

Good answer! Can you then prove to me or someone else that you are feeling PAIN?
Can you show me the PAIN? Can you describe how the PAIN looks like?

NO?
How can you then prove to me that what you feel is PAIN?

My dear olabowale, you are asking us to prove the Trinity the same way I'm asking you to prove PAIN.

Can you see the AIR or WIND? You feel it dont you? Prove to me that what you feel is WIND!

oh! You can see it blow trees and ur shirts right?

My dear, that's how the Trinity works in us too!!!

You may not be able to see them, may not even be able to prove them, but it doesnt mean they dont exist and are not working in people's lives.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by KAG: 12:42am On Jan 31, 2008
olabowale:

Um, the idea of any God, whether it be the Muslim conception, Allah, or it be that of any other religion, is unprovable. Your argument is so poor, that you've just managed, via your illogic, to falsify the validity of all religious scriptures. Well done.

obanikoro2:

If I give you a blinding slap on your face what will you feel?
PAIN?

Good answer! Can you then prove to me or someone else that you are feeling PAIN?
Can you show me the PAIN? Can you describe how the PAIN looks like?

NO?
How can you then prove to me that what you feel is PAIN?

My dear olabowale, you are asking us to prove the Trinity the same way I'm asking you to prove PAIN.

Actually, they aren't even the same concept. Pain is the body's manifestation of a response to a certain kind of stimuli. It is therefore material and testable by different principles. One way to test it is to show the person's brain and, depending on the force of the slap, the person's skin reacting to the assault.

Another way is to reciprocate with a slap of ones own, so that the initial slapper can share in the misery, thus excusing any need to "prove" the pain caused by the slap. That is, unless the initial slapper is one of those freaks that don't feel pain. You just might have to turn the other cheek in that case.

Can you see the AIR or WIND? You feel it don't you? Prove to me that what you feel is WIND!

oh! You can see it blow trees and your shirts right?

You may not be able to see them, may not even be able to prove them, but it doesnt mean they don't exist and are not working in people's lives.

not the same things either. There are scientific tests for those things, not so the trinity.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by olabowale(m): 1:16am On Jan 31, 2008
@Obanikoro2:
Can you see the AIR or WIND? You feel it don't you? Prove to me that what you feel is WIND!
oh! You can see it blow trees and your shirts right?
It works so well, that the Bible did not mention it. No even on any page! At least pain is written in books discussing sensations/feeling. At least wind/air is written in books discussing energy transfers, eg sound, heat (temperature differences).

@KAG: Proof to me that there is no Mover! See, I did not say movers, which is what more than 1 will be denoted by! I call my MOVER GOD! Do you believe there is any mover, or you do not? If you do not, don't just through a statement around. Please present your argument.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Eclairs: 1:20am On Jan 31, 2008
With goodguy's post,

I think I hv no answers. Ask God in prayers.

Sorry
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by KAG: 4:12am On Jan 31, 2008
olabowale:

@Obanikoro2: It works so well, that the Bible did not mention it. No even on any page! At least pain is written in books discussing sensations/feeling. At least wind/air is written in books discussing energy transfers, eg sound, heat (temperature differences).

You do know that the fact the bible doesn't mention a certain principle or idea isn't evidence against the idea or principle existing implicitly within its pages, right?

@KAG: Proof to me that there is no Mover!

Hmm, rather provide some kind of "proof" to support the existence of a "mover", you've instead decided that the best cause of action would be me proving a negative. Gosh, I've never seen that before.

By the way, I only deal with alcoholic proofs: I'm not a mathematician.

See, I did not say movers, which is what more than 1 will be denoted by! I call my MOVER GOD!

That's nice. Now would be a good time to supply someway it can both be evidenced and falsified.

Do you believe there is any mover, or you do not? If you do not, don't just through a statement around. Please present your argument.

I don't believe that there was a sentient being that started "all". Where started is somewhat in the limited sense of the word.

There's no tangible evidence to suggest that any being construed to introduce Space and Time.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by olabowale(m): 6:30am On Jan 31, 2008
@KAG: You have not reasonable explanation for anything, it shows! You truly have no answer, by your evasiveness! I want to use you as evidence of God, therefore I want you to negate your own existence? I Propose that KAG, does not Exist! Provide prove(s) for or against my hypothesis; Proposal!

Don't just sit there, act on it! You have just met your MATCH, InshaAllah, Mr. Disbeliever in EXISTENCE of any force that acted on that matter/particle at the very initial time, before everything else began to happen and continues, till this day! When will the activities going to stop; sometime or never?
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by KAG: 9:43am On Jan 31, 2008
olabowale:

@KAG: You have not reasonable explanation for anything, it shows!

I thought I did - well, kind of. I hinted at the farcity of what you did, though. That is, rather than provide positive evidence, you asked that I prove a negative. I also gave an initial argument which was: "There's no tangible evidence to suggest that any being construed to introduce Space and Time."

That is a reasonable explanation for Sceptism at the very least.

You truly have no answer, by your evasiveness!

I didn't evade.

I want to use you as evidence of God, therefore I want you to negate your own existence? I Propose that KAG, does not Exist! Provide prove(s) for or against my hypothesis; Proposal!

Wow! I guess you couldn't make it up - or maybe you could, but we'd be inclined to suspect idiocy even if you did make it up.

In any case, there are several lines of enquiry that can be used to show that I do in fact exist. Where "I" is at the very least a persona represented by the username "KAG".

Well, I'm communicating with you and other internet characters in a way that is empirically testable. That is, not only am I responding to your - and others - questions and posts in constructive sentences that indicate human intelligence, that fact can be verified by anyone who wishes to test it.

Following from that, it soon becomes apparent that even if we decide to try imagining alternatives which are unlikely to be testable, that my existence will still the most parsimonious of the lot.

I'm sure there are other propositions that can be raised, but that's it from me for now.

Don't just sit there, act on it! You have just met your MATCH, InshaAllah, Mr. Disbeliever in EXISTENCE of any force that acted on that matter/particle at the very initial time, before everything else began to happen and continues, till this day!

Hubris stinketh, and it doth cometh before a fall.

When will the activities going to stop; sometime or never?

What activities? And why should I know?
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by obanikoro2(m): 7:20pm On Feb 01, 2008
@olabowale and KAG

ah-ah!!!
wat happened to the two mighty dragons in the house?
una done tire to fight?
who win?
abeg make una continue una show jare
na entertainment for us. grin grin grin
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by KAG: 8:01am On Feb 02, 2008
obanikoro2:

@olabowale and KAG

ah-ah!!!
what happened to the two mighty dragons in the house?
una done tire to fight?
who win?
na entertainment for us. grin grin grin

Que?!

Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by holythug(m): 8:11am On Feb 02, 2008
LMAO
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by goodguy(m): 10:37am On Feb 02, 2008
@thesilent1

my take on this is very very simple!!! its just so amazing how we try to confuse ourselves by complicating things so much!!!! LOL

Okay, in order to have absolute freedom, you have to have the OPPORTUNITY  and SPACE to do absolutely anything you want! wheather good or bad! so, in order for God to show that man has absolute freedom, the OPPORTUNITY and SPACE for sin HAD TO be there!!! how can you tell me i am free to do anythign and go anywhere and then have a boundary?!?!?!? then its NOT absolute freedom!!!!

there can ONLY be absolute freedom in the presence of absolute SIN!!!!!!!! the reason for the tree being in the garden was the only way for man to be absolutely free!!! God is so amazing in that if he says he is giving you something, he does so abolutely and wholeheartedly!!! to NOT have the tree in the garden would mean that man NEVER had the space to prove to himself and others that he is truly free!!!!! whatever God had going with adam had to be freely entered into by both parties! as in God could never force himself or his knowledge on adam. it had to be adam freely asking or entering in with God.

What was supposed to happen was that the tree was supposed to always be there but as man CHOSE to not touch it, this meant that the relationship between God and Man was totally free and entered into because they WANTED to and not because fear forced them to!!!!

this is the kind of relationship we ARE to have with God!!! not the stupid and condemned view we have living in fear 24/7!!! people repenting every minute out of fear of not going to hell! LOL

Wake up people and smell the coffee!!!!!! GOD IS LOVE AND PEACE!!!! not the image of a twisted being who wwould purposely put temptaion in our way! NOT TRUEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Really amusing.  I haven't read such bullcrap in a while.  You try sha. tongue
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by dafidixone(m): 11:59am On Feb 02, 2008
Somebody should please tell me why God planted that tree at the middle of the garden.

Because I really want to know may be God did it purposefully or not.

The garden belong to Him (God). Put yourself in God's shoe cheesy
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by olabowale(m): 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2008
@KAG;
Wow! I guess you couldn't make it up - or maybe you could, but we'd be inclined to suspect idiocy even if you did make it up.

In any case, there are several lines of enquiry that can be used to show that I do in fact exist. Where "I" is at the very least a persona represented by the username "KAG".

Well, I'm communicating with you and other internet characters in a way that is empirically testable. That is, not only am I responding to your - and others - questions and posts in constructive sentences that indicate human intelligence, that fact can be verified by anyone who wishes to test it.

Following from that, it soon becomes apparent that even if we decide to try imagining alternatives which are unlikely to be testable, that my existence will still the most parsimonious of the lot.

I'm sure there are other propositions that can be raised, but that's it from me for now.
I am amazed that you simply can propose and think that everyone accept that (those people who have seen you, and people like me, who may never see you, physically, that), you exist. That you are a physical material, a matter, a substance, having quantumfied properties! How do you think I will fall for your mere saying that just based on your KAG identity, which is a staged (Nairaland is a computer board, you know) name? I have never seen you and I am going to assume that no one on Nairaland have ever seen you! Nobody knows your true identity. For me you are only a voice/writing, but without anything that is testable/verifiable behind it! The possibility is at the minimum 50% that the responses we read under the KAG identity, is from a computer program/a machine generated responses. Proofs: The Old American TV series titled 'Charlie's Angels, feauturing Farah Faucett, in the 70s and early 80s, is a good inkling of my hypothesis, rather theory and possible theorem about your none existence! There was a Movie in the 90s called Ferris Beular day off, about high school students playing hoakies from school!

If the rudimented technology at that time of Charlies Angel TV show, could fool a host of American and indeed the world, then Imagine what the technology of today can do! Today, computer had advanced to the level that a man-like machine is being tested and being further refined! Afterall, computer gave Andre Gasperov, the chess world champion a run for his money in a chess match!

If you think I will fall for your gimmick, giving a false, rather weak argument about your existence, just because you identify 'yourself,' by 'I' and a pseudoname, 'KAG,' you have assumed that you are talking to a dummy! I could be everything, but a dummy! Finally, you have assumed that you are communicating with me, in English language. But this language is a very young language, which has her root from germanic root, and other languages of europe. Now that English is refined, I bet some people with some form of delution or out right denial will claim that English language is a language that has nothing to do with her father(s)/mother(s), indeed the european language! Yet some old languages of the world are already dead (Old Egyptian language long time prior to Moses, and others Babylonian, Byzentin and other) and forgotten and yet some are in some degrees of death! I state this idea for your edification, in the sense that you are using a young knowledge (in this case English Language) to identify and justify your existence, whereas, the languages which English originated from are even denied by some, assumed dead by others, and to some, yet relegated to insignificant, compared to English. But those who have knowledge, will always acknowledge this collective languages as identifiable and at least an oral means of passing informations, within the community of people, in Europe before the now dorminiaring English language.

Yet the English language of England, is almost distinctively different from the Ameicans. Some words are different and even none existing, yet some common words are written differently. Since knowledge is continuous, we have not gotten to the end of discoveries! So, there will be some new things to learn, always. Hence, KAG, if you are a human being, (50% chance that you are), your knowledge is very limited, even about the time that you live in, presently. You do not know everything. You and no technology had penetrated so far to the end of space/galxies, milky ways, etc, to get to a possibility to discover the heavens, or disprove their existence. However, if you are not a human being, say you are a machine generated voice, (50% chance that you are), your ability of today, however lifelike you are in structures and performance, especially your claimed ability to respond to others and me, in answers to questions, as you stated above, even in your best effort to immitate human beings, will be primitive to what the future machines can do!

In whatever way you exist, presently, as a human being lacking a good knowledge of your enviroment, except that you read from those who have greater knowledge than you, hence using other people's knowledge and opinions to come to your own, or as the best designed machine, of all times, to date, giving an out put of 100% efficiency, in total, your limited knowledge has not proven your own human existence, hence in the same knowledge you can not prove that God (The Great Mover) does not exist! Just the same way I do not see you, and you are not a tangible/physical essence to me, and your handiwork is known to a small group of people, you could not disprove the existence of God Whose handwork is known by several Billions of people, presently around the world. Even the Hindus believe that there is a MIGHTY GOD, and He is different from their many gods in their temples and their homes!

As I think about you, I tend to believe that you are a machine, whose programmer is more like Mr. Jerkell!

Hubris stinketh, and it doth cometh before a fall.
Whatever that means! I thinketh, it is a computer language, like Cobol or Fortran! Thats all you have mustered all day, on your own without the programmer's on sit!

What activities? And why should I know?
You Just proved my theorem that you are a machine! You are not capable of independent thought! Creation activites, you inefficient machine! If I were your builder, I will dismantle you and scrap for parts, especially the softwares for the recycling bin!

@Obanikoro:
ah-ah!!!
what happened to the two mighty dragons in the house?
una done tire to fight?
who win?
na entertainment for us.
You are very childlike. I really do not want to say tha you are childish. There are no dragons here. I am a human being, bowing my will, voluntarily to my Creator. Maybe you are proposing that KAG may be a possible gragon, reducing the chances that it is a computer or he (assuming that you a male) is human to 331/3% each? Thats a possibility. Hopefully, someone might even suggest that plant is also a possibility! Therefore taking it down a notch to 25%. I will stop at that so that we do not ditute the conversation to meaningless babbles.

But my engaging the entity known as "KAG," will not preclude me from reminding you that you are in the grouping of Hindus, who know that their is a MIGHTY GOD, but yet have gods in their temples and homes. The christians do have crosses, crucibles in Churches and homes and around their neck, along with many saints, Mary, Fatima, etc.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by KAG: 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2008
olabowale:

@KAG; I am amazed that you simply can propose and think that everyone accept that (those people who have seen you, and people like me, who may never see you, physically, that), you exist. That you are a physical material, a matter, a substance, having quantumfied properties!

Well, first of all, you've made some rather silly errors. People that have seen me accept that I exist because not only is that the most parsimonious idea, it's also one that can be verified again and again by either continued interaction (where, eventually, the probability of my line of thinking stemming from the person's imagination becomes so unlikely that the idea has to be discarded), or by the verification of other individuals. Consensus on physical entities is one step in empirical verification.

Second, since the alternative to something without any quantum properties is non-existence (at least from a materialist point of view), and since you quoted my post and are responding to my words, it stands to reason that I have to exist; ergo, since I exist, then the one that suggests the possibility of my non-existence while actively providing evidence of it, is either mentally retarded or insane. To sum up: actively responding to my post is evidence that I exist.

How do you think I will fall for your mere saying that just based on your KAG identity, which is a staged (Nairaland is a computer board, you know) name?

Irrelevant. That I can produce a stream of cogent arguments and ideas is verifiable evidence that a corporeal personality is represented by the username "KAG". A further step is to decide which option identifying the type of entity behind the username is the more parsimonious. Ockham's razor is highly in favour of my being, at the very least, human-like.

I have never seen you and I am going to assume that no one on Nairaland have ever seen you! Nobody knows your true identity. For me you are only a voice/writing, but without anything that is testable/verifiable behind it!

For the latter, you do know there are a number of ways to actually verify the existence of a human being behind a username, right? I'll give you a quick series of examples:

Ignoring the security issue, the ip I'm posting from can be traced, revealing the human entity using the username; contact can be established by several others on the forum who in turn verufy the identity of the human behind the username. There are several ways, those who make contact can do such a verification, the easiest being watching me log in and then type responses that can be scrutinised for similarities.

Those are just a few independent lines of enquiry that are testable and potentially falsifiable. That in turn nullifies the assertion made in your final statement.

The possibility is at the minimum 50% that the responses we read under the KAG identity, is from a computer program/a machine generated responses.

If a computer program or generated machine is capable of such human fallibility, quirks, differentiating ideas, and apparent consciousness, then it too deserves to be identified as human.

In any case, you're ignoring one fundamental thing: computer programs can only respond in very limited, terse and often convoluted language. Do the math.

Proofs: The Old American TV series titled 'Charlie's Angels, feauturing Farah Faucett, in the 70s and early 80s, is a good inkling of my hypothesis, rather theory and possible theorem about your none existence! There was a Movie in the 90s called Ferris Beular day off, about high school students playing hoakies from school!

If the rudimented technology at that time of Charlies Angel TV show, could fool a host of American and indeed the world, then Imagine what the technology of today can do! Today, computer had advanced to the level that a man-like machine is being tested and being further refined! Afterall, computer gave Andre Gasperov, the chess world champion a run for his money in a chess match!

There's no kind way to say this, so I'll just come out with it: you are an idiotic buffoon. No, seriously. I don't mean any offence by it, jut simply stating things as they are.

If you think I will fall for your gimmick, giving a false, rather weak argument about your existence, just because you identify 'yourself,' by 'I' and a pseudoname, 'KAG,' you have assumed that you are talking to a dummy! I could be everything, but a dummy!

No, no, you're a dummy.

Finally, you have assumed that you are communicating with me, in English language. But this language is a very young language, which has her root from germanic root, and other languages of europe. Now that English is refined, I bet some people with some form of delution or out right denial will claim that English language is a language that has nothing to do with her father(s)/mother(s), indeed the european language! Yet some old languages of the world are already dead (Old Egyptian language long time prior to Moses, and others Babylonian, Byzentin and other) and forgotten and yet some are in some degrees of death! I state this idea for your edification, in the sense that you are using a young knowledge (in this case English Language) to identify and justify your existence, whereas, the languages which English originated from are even denied by some, assumed dead by others, and to some, yet relegated to insignificant, compared to English. But those who have knowledge, will always acknowledge this collective languages as identifiable and at least an oral means of passing informations, within the community of people, in Europe before the now dorminiaring English language.

A lot of irrelevances just to make it appear you have something to say? What a cunt. You've contradicted yourslef so many times that it's hard to know where to begin in that block of crap. I guess I'll start with the most obvious:you've shown that you actually believe I exist and capable of human reason How? You stated: " I state this idea for your edification." I'm hoping you can work out the rest for yourself.

Second, that you constantly refer to the English language as a language in its own right contradicts the implication of your opening sentence. A language exists indepently of whatever its history may, provided it's used as a form of communication by several people and is markedly different from others.

Finally, I have no idea why you've bothered to post a block of text on the English language. I suspect it's a red herring, but on the other hand, it could be just down to your stupidity.

Yet the English language of England, is almost distinctively different from the Ameicans. Some words are different and even none existing, yet some common words are written differently. Since knowledge is continuous, we have not gotten to the end of discoveries!

So, there will be some new things to learn, always. Hence, KAG, if you are a human being, (50% chance that you are), your knowledge is very limited, even about the time that you live in, presently.

Um, considering you don't know anything about my educational background, nor did I intimate anything about it, that's exceedingly presumptious on your part.

You do not know everything. You and no technology had penetrated so far to the end of space/galxies, milky ways, etc, to get to a possibility to discover the heavens, or disprove their existence. However, if you are not a human being, say you are a machine generated voice, (50% chance that you are), your ability of today, however lifelike you are in structures and performance, especially your claimed ability to respond to others and me, in answers to questions, as you stated above, even in your best effort to immitate human beings, will be primitive to what the future machines can do!

Irrelevant. I've never claimed to know everything. Where's a good strawman picture when you need one?

In whatever way you exist, presently, as a human being lacking a good knowledge of your enviroment, except that you read from those who have greater knowledge than you, hence using other people's knowledge and opinions to come to your own, or as the best designed machine, of all times, to date, giving an out put of 100% efficiency, in total,

You idiot, no machine is 100% efficient. The laws of thermodynamics see to that.

your limited knowledge has not proven your own human existence, hence in the same knowledge you can not prove that God (The Great Mover) does not exist! Just the same way I do not see you, and you are not a tangible/physical essence to me, and your handiwork is known to a small group of people, you could not disprove the existence of God Whose handwork is known by several Billions of people, presently around the world. Even the Hindus believe that there is a MIGHTY GOD, and He is different from their many gods in their temples and their homes!

If you bothered to read the contents of my post you'd see why your comparisms and objections are moot.

As I think about you, I tend to believe that you are a machine, whose programmer is more like Mr. Jerkell!

As long as it isn't Mr. Hyde, Ockham's razor can shave another beard tonight. We try to keep Mr. Hyde away from razors.

Whatever that means! I thinketh, it is a computer language, like Cobol or Fortran! Thats all you have mustered all day, on your own without the programmer's on sit!

No, it's English.

You Just proved my theorem that you are a machine! You are not capable of independent thought! Creation activites, you inefficient machine!

If I were your builder, I will dismantle you and scrap for parts, especially the softwares for the recycling bin!

First, will you make up your bloody mind?! Just earlier you asserted that I was 100% efficient and capable of thought, now you are asserting the direect opposite. What's up with that, man. By the way, it would seem you don't know the meaning of independent thought. That would explain a lot (hey, that rhymes!).

Good way to dodge a question, though.

@Obanikoro: You are very childlike. I really do not want to say tha you are childish. There are no dragons here. I am a human being, bowing my will, voluntarily to my Creator. Maybe you are proposing that KAG may be a possible gragon, reducing the chances that it is a computer or he (assuming that you a male) is human to 331/3% each?

For some one who went on a long unnecessary rant about the English languae, you seem oddly ignorant of the concept of metaphors. Shame. You maths skills seem to be just as lacking.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by olabowale(m): 2:53am On Feb 03, 2008
@KAG: That figures. They did not program you to have human feelings and be able to identify that 33 1/3 % is what I meant, since I was discussing 100/3. I should have known that when I am addressing a Machine, all he reads is th punch cards (Binary informations on thems).

A lot of irrelevances just to make it appear you have something to say? What a cunt. You've contradicted yourslef so many times that it's hard to know where to begin in that block of crap. I guess I'll start with the most obvious:you've shown that you actually believe I exist and capable of human reason How? You stated: " I state this idea for your edification." I'm hoping you can work out the rest for yourself.
Whatever cunt means here! I have used the contradictions, to confuse the one track mind of the Computer program/Machine!

KAG, I do believe there is a thing I dentified as KAG; possibility is that it is a Machine being fed information, so that the lazy Mr Hyde, can continue his experiment of "Human like responses from a Machine, code KAG" The edification is for you Mr. handler (Dr Jerkell) of Machine code name KAG! Mr. Handler, you need to refine the programming, because I can see your machine is about to break down!
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by KAG: 3:38am On Feb 03, 2008
olabowale:

@KAG: That figures.

Actually, it doesn't.

They did not program you to have human feelings and be able to identify that 33 1/3 % is what I meant, since I was discussing 100/3. I should have known that when I am addressing a Machine, all he reads is th punch cards (Binary informations on thems).

Not quite. While you may have meant 33 1/3%, that wasn't what you wrote. Don't blame your typos on me.

Whatever cunt means here! I have used the contradictions, to confuse the one track mind of the Computer program/Machine!

Lol. You really are bad at debating or discussing ideas, aren't you? You do know that if I had a one track machine mind, I wouldn't have been able to easily spot the contradictions, right? That's because your arguments and, in turn, your several contradictions aren't based on any mathematical properties but on poor philosopical logic, inability to conceive of and understand complete thoughts, and linguistics.

For the lurkers: you'll notice that he's completely ignored the bulk of my post, and avoided the positive evidence and individual lines of enquiry I've provided to satisfy his foolishness. You'd also notice that he hasn't bothered to provide any such thng about the subject of the initial debate.

KAG, I do believe there is a thing I dentified as KAG; possibility is that it is a Machine being fed information, so that the lazy Mr Hyde, can continue his experiment of "Human like responses from a Machine, code KAG"

I've responded to this in the post above.

The edification is for you Mr. handler (Dr Jerkell) of Machine code name KAG! Mr. Handler, you need to refine the programming, because I can see your machine is about to break down!

Wit isn't one of your strongest suits (which is saying a lot); I'd leave it out if I were you.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by olabowale(m): 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2008
@KAG; What I have just done, if you are a human is to deny your existence, the same way that you denied the existence of your Creator, God! Afterall, you were once a none existing thing (before your parents got together in a conjugal way). Infact, all of us were not in existence at sometimes in the past. There was something that brought us to existence, at least crank up, into motion the stationary (Potential energy loaded thing, (the thing you atheists hypothesised to be the giver of life), and long time before the thing came into existence?) matter/particle, into a kinetic energy loaded thing, which in your mind brought you and all things to existence. This initial matter/particle, was it a Biological materials or what was it actually, if you know, which in time metamorphosised to life giver (the Bilogical part of of existing thing is what am referring to, you machine!)?

If it was easy for me to deny your human existence (I still believe that you are a machine because you are to mechanical in your responses, which is devoid of any human emotions), by just saying that you do not exist, since I have never seen you, yet we are both of the same species (If you are human, since i have limited knowledge and also zero knowledge of what the future hold, since we are not in the future yet. But at least I am human enough to admit it, while you are mechanical enough to deny all that you are not fed information on), in the creation, you can imagine how easier it is for you to deny the existence of God, though it is false denial, without any possible rational support of your position. Afterall, God is a being which does not look like you and you tend to be a visual person, and you have never laid eyes on Him, wanting to test all conditions by sense of sight, if possible. The same God is far away from you, having an elevated status, and exists in a place at minimum, heaven, a distance to earth, which is not known. Yet you believe that the 'heaven,' exist, even though you have never seen it. Further you have not heard the voice of this God, but yet you hear the rumblings of the Thunder, and you have seen the lighting flashes. But none of these things; thunder and lightening and heavens and the earth, do we have absolute knowledge about, and can claim that there will not be any new discovery on them, in the future!

You will have to accept that your knowledge is very limited about yourself, afterall yor can never see your own eyes, neck, nostrils, back, without using a mirror! Then you have never seen your own inside and the workings of the organs, except you have MRI or other image providing devices in medicine. Since you have not seen God, then look around you at His creations, on this earth. Start from yourself, then your family, how much you resemble some and yet not so with others, even though you come from the same source. Reflect and ponder about the animals and how the trees look aa dead and forgotten in the winter and yet in Spring, the come alive! How has the earth been able to float all these while since it came to existence, without going off course. I know its the magnetic forces and other forces, but how did they come into being? These are your problems: you and me have limited knowledge, but you fail to admit it, but try hard to expalin away the unexplainable.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by smile4kenn(m): 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2008
According to a Good source i read, which is meant to be the truth. When God asked Adam and eve not to eat from a particular leave/vegetable. So serpent forced Eve to eat it. after she ate the leave, which is today's weed or mariguana. She was high and could see things she couldnt see before. So she gave some dope to adam and they both became forever high. THEIR EYES WERE OPEN,

After that event, God knew they will still be hungry for the precious leave, so he reduced the highness in weed, thats why today when we smoke up, the highness only lasts for few hours

LETS SMOKE THINGS, LETS HIGH UP
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by olabowale(m): 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2008
@KAG:
For the lurkers: you'll notice that he's completely ignored the bulk of my post, and avoided the positive evidence and individual lines of enquiry I've provided to satisfy his foolishness. You'd also notice that he hasn't bothered to provide any such thng about the subject of the initial debate.
The bulk of your entry is irrelevant. I do not waste my time on irrelevance. If I ignore anything about you, that was my answer to you; 'Silence is the best answer to a _______!', as the adage goes. My debate with you is about your baseless denial of your Creator, God! I am using my denial of you as a living thing, if you are and you are not a machine (see I have doubt about your being a human being), to express your exact position about God!
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by KAG: 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2008
olabowale:

@KAG; What I have just done, if you are a human is to deny your existence, the same way that you denied the existence of your Creator, God!

Actually, they aren't quite the same. For one thing, you paradoxically denied my existence while chtting to me and asking me - the supposed non-existent - to provide evidence for my existence. For another, I was able to provide independent, empirically based, and potentially falsifiable lines of enquiry and evidence for my existence; the same can't be said of any deity.

Afterall, you were once a none existing thing (before your parents got together in a conjugal way). Infact, all of us were not in existence at sometimes in the past. There was something that brought us to existence, at least crank up, into motion the stationary (Potential energy loaded thing, (the thing you atheists hypothesised to be the giver of life), and long time before the thing came into existence?) matter/particle, into a kinetic energy loaded thing, which in your mind brought you and all things to existence. This initial matter/particle, was it a Biological materials or what was it actually, if you know, which in time metamorphosised to life giver (the Bilogical part of of existing thing is what am referring to, you machine!)?

Your question isn't very clear, so I'll do my best to answer what it is I think you're asking. Yes, I didn't exist until my parents gave me life, so I guess that settles that aspect. If you go back far enough, there's a possibility that Space and Time came from a singularity. Since the singularity - and indeed Space - was in existence before Time, it makes little sense to ask how it started. In any case, since energy can possibly emerge from quantum instabilities, that puts paid to the idea that something can't come from nothing

If it was easy for me to deny your human existence (I still believe that you are a machine because you are to mechanical in your responses, which is devoid of any human emotions), by just saying that you do not exist, since I have never seen you, yet we are both of the same species (If you are human, since i have limited knowledge and also zero knowledge of what the future hold, since we are not in the future yet. But at least I am human enough to admit it, while you are mechanical enough to deny all that you are not fed information on), in the creation, you can imagine how easier it is for you to deny the existence of God, though it is false denial, without any possible rational support of your position.

It apparently wasn't easy for you to deny my existence, because your posts are littered with implications and assertions that belie your supposed denial. Of course it was easier to deny the existence of gods: they don't exist. The evidence for theiur existence is seriously lacking, and when one is presented it's usually devoid of logic and impossible to verify empirically.

Afterall, God is a being which does not look like you and you tend to be a visual person, and you have never laid eyes on Him, wanting to test all conditions by sense of sight, if possible.

No, that is wrong. I don't want or need to test all conditions by sense of sight at all (sight in a machine, signore doofus?)

The same God is far away from you, having an elevated status, and exists in a place at minimum, heaven, a distance to earth, which is not known. Yet you believe that the 'heaven,' exist, even though you have never seen it.

No, I don't. That is, unless by "heaven" you mean the universe.

Further you have not heard the voice of this God, but yet you hear the rumblings of the Thunder, and you have seen the lighting flashes. But none of these things; thunder and lightening and heavens and the earth, do we have absolute knowledge about, and can claim that there will not be any new discovery on them, in the future!

Yeah, that's nonsense. We know what causes thunder and lightening and believe me they have nothing to do with either your god or Zeus. They are both caused by material forces.

You will have to accept that your knowledge is very limited about yourself, afterall yor can never see your own eyes, neck, nostrils, back, without using a mirror! Then you have never seen your own inside and the workings of the organs, except you have MRI or other image providing devices in medicine.

I know I have a limited knowledge about myself; I also know that is an unnecessary admission in the matter of the existence or non-existence of a deity.

Since you have not seen God, then look around you at His creations, on this earth. Start from yourself, then your family, how much you resemble some and yet not so with others, even though you come from the same source. Reflect and ponder about the animals and how the trees look aa dead and forgotten in the winter and yet in Spring, the come alive!

The gods aren't needed to explain any of those things. In fact, by Ockham's razor, they can be eliminated all together.

How has the earth been able to float all these while since it came to existence, without going off course. I know its the magnetic forces and other forces, but how did they come into being? These are your problems: you and me have limited knowledge, but you fail to admit it, but try hard to expalin away the unexplainable.

The Earth isn't floating, it's being acted upon by other bodies in space through gravity. I have no idea what gravity is as an ontological property - it's possible no one does; however, that the gods can only hide in the cracks between knowledge, is telling.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by KAG: 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2008
olabowale:

@KAG: The bulk of your entry is irrelevant. I do not waste my time on irrelevance. If I ignore anything about you, that was my answer to you; 'Silence is the best answer to a _______!',

You're being incredibly duplicitous. You ignored the bulk of my post not because they were irrelevant, but because you couldn't rebutt them. That they contained the very thing you asked for, gives credence to that.

as the adage goes. My debate with you is about your baseless denial of your Creator, God! I am using my denial of you as a living thing, if you are and you are not a machine (see I have doubt about your being a human being), to express your exact position about God!

Then you're doing a piss porr job, because you already all but admitted that you know I'm human and that my refutation of your supposed denial holds.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by olabowale(m): 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2008
@KAG ;
You're being incredibly duplicitous. You ignored the bulk of my post not because they were irrelevant, but because you couldn't rebutt them. That they contained the very thing you asked for, gives credence to that.
Like i said since you are a machine to me, with the probability of 50/50, if I limit it to between man and programmed machine, or 25/, 1 out every 4 possibility, if I expand the possibility to animal and plant (The animal part is using the chipanzee and the (horse known as Mr. Ed; if you can dream it, it may not be accurate, but you can push the idea. And the plant part is Venus the fly trap, and others which eat; a function of animals), it is no wonder that you can be pretending that you are a human. Finally there is no credence due to you, because your handler, have done poor job in presenting you as a one track minded thing.

See I gave you at least a one in four chances that you could be a live human, with pulse. Thats the quality of a human, on my part. Your one track mind is that you fail to even give a possibility that God exists, yet you have mentioned Him, in other other form, eg "MOVER,' but yet your linear ability and limited knowledge will not let you admit, any possibility.

Yet if you are human, you will one day die and if you are machine, you will one day be discarded. In either case, it shows that you have a limited knowledge, and whatever is beyond your scope does not exist. That is the deficiency on your ability to reason, if you are a human and the inferiority of your efficiency (less than 100%), if you are a machine.

as the adage goes. My debate with you is about your baseless denial of your Creator, God! I am using my denial of you as a living thing, if you are and you are not a machine (see I have doubt about your being a human being), to express your exact position about God!

Then you're doing a piss porr job, because you already all but admitted that you know I'm human and that my refutation of your supposed denial holds.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by KAG: 9:46am On Feb 04, 2008
olabowale:

@KAG ; Like i said since you are a machine to me, with the probability of 50/50, if I limit it to between man and programmed machine,

First, you contradicted that impression by the various admissions and inaccuracies in your other posts. That shows that you are still being dishonest.

or 25/, 1 out every 4 possibility, if I expand the possibility to animal and plant (The animal part is using the chipanzee and the (horse known as Mr. Ed; if you can dream it, it may not be accurate, but you can push the idea. And the plant part is Venus the fly trap, and others which eat; a function of animals),

Um, you do know that humans are animals; and that plants, including the venus fly trap, aren't capable of reasoning, right?

Gosh, as if this wasn't silly enough already. One can only hope that other Muslims aren't as stupid as you. Then again, I suppose that would explain why many have to resort to violence to coerce people into the religion.

it is no wonder that you can be pretending that you are a human. Finally there is no credence due to you, because your handler, have done poor job in presenting you as a one track minded thing.

Uh, what? Did you read my previous posts?

See I gave you at least a one in four chances that you could be a live human, with pulse. Thats the quality of a human, on my part. Your one track mind is that you fail to even give a possibility that God exists, yet you have mentioned Him, in other other form, eg "MOVER,'
but yet your linear ability and limited knowledge will not let you admit, any possibility.

That's not quite accurate. I do think that there is a possibilty that gods exist; I just believe it's highly improbable that they do exist. Tangible, testable and potentially falsifiable evidence will sway me. However, none has been presented so far.

Also, no, I haven't referred to "God" in another form: I have referred to material possibilities that operate in the universe. They are neither cognizant nor living, so if you want to think that's what is meant by god, then that's your prerogative.

Yet if you are human, you will one day die and if you are machine, you will one day be discarded. In either case, it shows that you have a limited knowledge, and whatever is beyond your scope does not exist. That is the deficiency on your ability to reason, if you are a human and the inferiority of your efficiency (less than 100%), if you are a machine.

At least we can all take some solace in the fact that if nothing else, you've at least learnt one thing: that machines can't be 100% efficient. I say that because in my previous post, I told you that I have no problem acknowledging that my knowledge is limited. What's more, I have never asserted that "whatever is beyond [my] scope does not exist." I have simply asserted or implied that the gods are improbable and unnecessary in the explanations of all things, and that since evidence for them is seriously lacking despite many people attesting to their "supernatural" existence, it makes sense for me to disregard them as things in existence.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by obanikoro2(m): 10:45am On Feb 04, 2008
@KAG & Olabowale
WOW! You guys didnt disappoint me at all!
Battle continues!!! Who will win this WW III?

olabowale:

@Obanikoro: You are very childlike. I really do not want to say tha you are childish. There are no dragons here. I am a human being, bowing my will, voluntarily to my Creator. Maybe you are proposing that KAG may be a possible gragon, reducing the chances that it is a computer or he (assuming that you a male) is human to 331/3% each? Thats a possibility. Hopefully, someone might even suggest that plant is also a possibility! Therefore taking it down a notch to 25%.

olabowale:

I will stop at that so that we do not ditute the conversation to meaningless babbles.

EXACTLY WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING BRO!!!
MEANINGLESS TALK! YOU ARE NOT EVEN COMMUNICATING!

olabowale:

But my engaging the entity known as "KAG," will not preclude me from reminding you that you are in the grouping of Hindus, who know that their is a MIGHTY GOD, but yet have gods in their temples and homes. The christians do have crosses, crucibles in Churches and homes and around their neck, along with many saints, Mary, Fatima, etc.
Once again you have shown that you are a bias boy with a myopic mind and bigoted way of thinking!
And unfortunately so; a made-up mind u are not obviously ready to change.
Who told u all Christians go about with crosses on their chests and in their homes?
Have you been to the all the homes of over a billion Christians in the world?
Its such a pity you talk like this!! Its a complete waste of time replying you.
Something I hope not to do again!!!
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by dafidixone(m): 10:55am On Feb 04, 2008
Once again you have shown that you are a bias boy with a myopic mind and bigoted way of thinking!
And unfortunately so; a made-up mind u are not obviously ready to change.
Who told u all Christians go about with crosses on their chests and in their homes?
Have you been to the all the homes of over a billion Christians in the world?
Its such a pity you talk like this!! Its a complete waste of time replying you.
Something I hope not to do again!!!

You can overcomer the devil by the blood of Jesus Christ and by sharing the testimonies of the Saints.

Bless you Obanikoro.

Shallom!
smiley
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by obanikoro2(m): 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2008
dafidixone:

You can overcomer the devil by the blood of Jesus Christ and by sharing the testimonies of the Saints.

Bless you Obanikoro.

Shallom!
smiley
True talk bro! Amen
I think I went too far sha!
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 11, 2013
I don't know how this thread died.. This projects lb's point on freewill and omniscience. but guys, let's awaken this thread..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions! / 6 Things We Must Work On To Enable A Deep Worship Lifestyle / Share Funny Christmas Story Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 203
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.