Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,628 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? (9452 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by swing4real(m): 10:43pm On Mar 07, 2007
@mrmayor

All i asked goodguy and alexj is about fire,wind and the day that has passed-things that u guys have experinced.Yet you have given me no good answer.You guys can´t even understand things that you have been familiar with since you were a child.How then can you little mind understand the ways of God? Can ane already worn down by this corrupt world understand the ways of the inccoruptible God?
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by la1(m): 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2007
1. HOW DO YOU WEIGH OUT A KILOGRAMME OF FIRE?

2.HOW DO U MEASURE A CUBIC METER OF WIND?

3.HOW DO YOU BRING BACK A DAY THAT HAS PASSED?

4.HOW MANY RIVERS FLOW INTO THE WATERS BENEATH THE EARTH?

5.WHERE ARE THE EXISTS FROM THE WORLD OF THE DEAD?

6.WHERE ARE THE ENTERANCE TO PARADISE.

7.HOW MANY DWELLING PLACES,THERE ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA?

8.HOW MANY RIVERS ARE THERE ABOVE THE DOME OF THE SKY

this one pass me o, 
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by gbadex1(m): 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2007
@goodguy:

please don't put words into my mouth. I for one never said God wasn't Omniscient, please stop putting words in my mouth!! What i said earlier on was that Omniscience and freewill go hand in hand, but run parallel. take for example this: perhaps in the future, it is predestined that a man, say corrupt, commits a grave sin. There's every chance he uses his freewill to change his ways. Meaning he can change that destiny. A good graphic example is Judas Iscariot. The Lord Jesus had prophesied he'd betray Him. While Judas fulfilled that prophecy, there was every possibility that he change his ways and repent but like the Scriptures put it, his mind was already corrupted, set on what he'd achieve- temporary pleasure via monetary gains.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by gbadex1(m): 12:07am On Mar 08, 2007
@ mrmayor:

like i said once, it is not necessary the purpose of a test is to know the unknown. Let's take our school/academic tests for example. The purpose is not to know the unknown, the purpose is to evaluate our academic prowess, and academic knowledge. In tha same sense, God "testing" humans in the Bible and till this very day, i believe, is done so we as humans either>>

1. exhibit our faith in Him or not

2. exercise our freewill in determining whether we do His Will or Not.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by mrmayor(m): 10:08am On Mar 08, 2007
@gbade.x,

Sir,I think you are clutching straws here and a bit confused.If an examination is to evaluate students academic prowess then the students academic knowledge is unknown till the results comes in.The examiner might have an idea of each student ability but would know for sure when he gives a test to prove his theory.

What is the purpose of IQ test if you already know the answer?In the book JOB,God gave Satan the opportunity to test his servant Job which Mr Job passed with flying colours.Why would Satan ask to test Job if ke knew that God knew the future;that would be pretty lame don't you think?
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by gbadex1(m): 10:21am On Mar 08, 2007
Dude, you don't have to go all haywire on me, i'm trying my best here trying to answer your questions.

All what i've provided are my thesis. I'm still thinking about this because i KNOW Omniscience and freewill go hand in hand, but HOW is what i don't know. Biblical prophecies and choices we make attest to this fact, but how they correlate is what i and everyone are trying to figure out here.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Backslider(m): 10:29am On Mar 08, 2007
God OMNISCIENCE ENDS AT SIN AND DISOBEDIENCE AGAINST HIM. HE DISCONNECTS FROM THAT.

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ASK JESUS ON THE CROSS WHY HE SAID ELI ELI LAMA SABATHANI
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by mrmayor(m): 10:51am On Mar 08, 2007
gbade.x,

gbade. x:

Dude, you don't have to go all haywire on me, i'm trying my best here trying to answer your questions.
I'm sorry if I sound rude no offense intended,I had fun reading everyone contribution here.I think the saying "Is the bottle half empty or half full" is true here.
Anyway sha we are not here to fight, don't take anything you read on the net personally because I don't

Cheers
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by gbadex1(m): 10:52am On Mar 08, 2007
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Pls expantiate
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by gbadex1(m): 11:00am On Mar 08, 2007
That post up there was meant for Backslider.

@mayorman:

aight playa, i see what you're saying. We are all just trying ta learn.

PS: just curious, do you have any political ambitions?
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by gbadex1(m): 11:02am On Mar 08, 2007
That post up there was meant for Backslider.

@mayorman:

aight playa, i see what you're saying. We are all just trying ta learn.

PS: just curious, do you have any political ambitions?
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by femi4love(m): 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2007
I'm afraid, it seems most people on this topic have either gone crackers or just ignorantly fanatical. This particular question can not be fully answered except by GOD ALMIGHTY Himself. There are questions in life that no mortal no matter how spiritually developed can answer. This is part of the reason why God is Omniscient (All-knowing), If humans know all answers to all questions, then we have become like God.

I remember my Dad telling me that God had a purpose for the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the same way we all have electricity outlets in our homes, if you plug a bulb, it will give light, connect a fridge, you will have cold drinks, but touch with your hand and you could end up in the grave. Some Power outlets have "DO NOT TOUCH" notices to avoid fatal accidents. Everyone knows that going near a rail line is instant death if a live rail is contacted, that doesn't prevent some people from committing suicide using this method here in Britain. People should face the fact that no one can adequately answer this question except God Himself. I hereby rest my case.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by eemelike(m): 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2007
sharetroll (m)
Coral Gables, FL

Re: Why Did God Planted That Tree In The Garden Of Eden?
« #3 on: March 06, 2007, 04:09 PM »

Quote from: goodguy on March 06, 2007, 03:38 PM
This is a very serious issue, as I have always asked this same question since childhood, but never got any answers.

This very issue makes me somewhat skeptical about the attributes we humans have always attributed to God, that is, Omnipresence, Omniscience, Omnipotence, and Omnibenevolence.

Actually, this is the way I see it:

Since God is Omnipresent, He must have been present at that very spot where Adam and Eve ate the fruit. So why didn't He stop them? (Afterall, He's omnipotent).

And since God knew that Adam and Eve would eat the fruit (He's Omniscient), why did He plant the tree there in the first place, if He did not want them to eat out of it?

And let's assume now that He was truly present there, He knew they would eat the fruit, and He had the power to stop them, why did He allow them to go ahead? - Did I hear someone say freewill?

Good. If truly they ate the fruit out of their "freewill", God had every power to have stopped them, and that would have saved the world from all manners of evil we see today, since it is believed that it was through this act of Adam and Eve that sin entered the world.

But since He did not stop them, does that mean He purposely left them, even though He was present there, knew beforehand that they would eat the forbidden fruit, and also had the power to stop them? If that is the case, why then punish and curse them for what He allowed to happen? (Looking at it from a rational point of view, He actually allowed it). Why on earth will an Omnibenevolent God punish anyone and send them to hellfire for doing something bad, supposedly done out of the "freewill" He gave them (which they didn't even ask for), knowing fully well that they will misuse it eventually?

Is anyone following me at all? Yes, I know and agree that I am confused in this case, and I don't need anyone to iterate that to me here.

I hope someone will provide credible answers.

Shalom.

If God had stopped Eve from eating the fruit, than mankind would not have had a free will. . . .

Despite the fact that man has fallen to temptation and sin, there have been many believers who have served God faithfully and have earned His trust and respect. America, as a nation, is blessed b/c of the faithfullness and dedication of Christians who refused to give in to temptation, but rather lived according to the will of God and created a land that He could bless and prosper. . . . .

God created us for the purpose of serving him and being obedient for our own good. Just b/c many have turned away from Him and brought great suffering and pain to large numbers of people, doesn't mean that there are no righteous souls who also bring prosperity and happiness because of their positive and Godly behavior, It works both ways, and this is as God knew it would be. . . .
You still haven't answer the question of why he left the tree there if he knew man was going to fail as a result of it.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by tlops(m): 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2007
well there are things that shows the supremacy of God. There are things that happens and u fill like questioning God. But as said the porter has the total will on the clay, he decides whether to make a vessel unto honour with a lump and another a vessel unto a, The choice is his. have heard about Pharaoh, God said for this purpose(destruction) have I made him. God hardened his heart against HIM
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these miraculous signs of mine among them 2 that you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed my signs among them, and that you may know that I am the LORD." gen 10:1
what do u say about Esau and Jacob, b4 they were born God said I have loved jacob and that Esau was going to serve Jacob. it was His choice none of them had done anything wrong but based on choice of God. that is why He is "Kabiyesi" that no one can question you. So accept it, the tree was planted there God knows y,U can reserve the question till u get to heaven. GOd bless you.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ndipe(m): 3:51am On Mar 09, 2007
Tlops, good one, that's why I stated that there are certain events that occur in the Holy Bible that may defy human reasoning, but nothing puzzles God. Who are we in the first place to question God's motives in our life? His Will is Supreme!!!
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by tlops(m): 8:57am On Mar 09, 2007
2 Timothy 1:9

“who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,”
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by BillGatesFan(m): 10:51am On Mar 09, 2007
This is the best Topic in this house: I love it cos is a spiritual issue and my area of perfection:

Now listen all of you, follow me slowly you will understand really what the Fruit at the center of the Garden was:

There is a garden and it has a center, afruit was planted there,and there were warned never to eat of it, now there is a woman and a man there too have a center and a sweet fruit was also planted there, that fruit is SEX: God put it there to prove to men of the world how they can't even resist Sex,cos he knew some people may claim to be GOD in the future, so if there are GOD women will be the best tool to test them,look at the story of SAMSON and DELAILA, King David with the woman taking her bath, GOD has no wife no does he marry,he is completely Above sexual desire,but men are not, that show us how there is only one living GOD who can not be tempted by women.

So the fruit is nothing but simply SEX, which Adam and Eve eat and having tasted the sweetness of it behold they became wise, and just after that GOD tell them, man you got to suffer before you feed, and you woman your suffering shall be during child birth, now go into the world and Multiply
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Backslider(m): 11:25am On Mar 09, 2007
THUS SAITH THE LORD OF HOST I WILL LAUGH AT THEIR FOLLY FROM ETERNITY TO ETERNITY. I HAVE PLEADED WITH THEM IN THE VALLEY OF DECISION AND THEY HAVE FAILED TO REASON WITH ME.

TURN YE FROM YOUR SINS AND REPENT AND BE BORN AGAIN
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ndipe(m): 11:56am On Mar 09, 2007
Culled this from a website associated with Christianity.

http://www.gotquestions.org/search.php?zoom_sort=0&zoom_query=Forbidden+fruit
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by tlops(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2007
hi I do not think the garden is woman and the fruit definitely is not sex. we seems to think that sex-fornication/adultery is the greatest sin. that is not--if u study the bible well u will see alot of people who committed "sexual sins", eg samson, David, even Rahab the harlot and alot more, but all obtained forgiveness God was "not" as grieve with them as the greedy people--Ananias and saphira, the proud- saul,the betraer Judas. sexuall sin is a sin of the flesh but there are spiritual sins meen those ones I don't know
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by BillGatesFan(m): 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2007
Why don't you know tell us if you know better, why speculating? be definite in your post.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by tlops(m): 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2007
Bill Gate:

Why don't you know tell us if you know better, why speculating? be definite in your post.
I think alot of people are still living wt the sunday school stories they were told, Guys it high time u strated studying the bible for your self and find out the truth. I am sure some still believe it was apple that was eaten. well the bible said it was fruit of knowlege of good and evil, so who has seen that one?
apple was said in sunday school so u could pick a picture. just like 1-2 is impossible to nursery studnts but as u grow new infos come now 1-2= -1.

In the middle of the garden were [b]1-the tree of life and 2-the tree of the knowledge of good and ev[/b]il.
Gen 2:8

Gen2:15
15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

now I am specific--Bill Gate.

As u will see from above scripture, it is from the tree of knowledge of good and evil they ate not the tree of SEX. They had been naked all the while but it didnot matter to them.If they had sex it was not recorded as sin because there was no standard of judging good from evil.

and God drove them out because if they ate the tree of life there would have been no way of redemption because they will live forever

Gen3 21
21 The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
God bless you all.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by scribe(m): 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2007
A tough but sincere question.
Well the answer is,
Nobody can give you an answer that will satisfy you except God Himself.
As ridiculous as that may sound it is the truth. Whatever answer any man tries to give you concerning this issue will not be acceptable to you. Rather it will raise up other logical questions and it will take an entire lifetime of a minister to satisfy just about 50% of your curiousity.
So, like I said earlier, you need to develop a relationship with God first, after then you will have an opportunity to ask Him yourself. Whatever answer He gives you, it will just be more than good enough.
May the Lord illuminate your heart and answer your genuine queries in Jesus name.
Shalom
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by puker(m): 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2007
God had to plant that tree to prove that we may have His Image in spirit but we are not like him in flesh. Just to expose our weekness. And generaly that is what temptation portend to expose in us as mare mortals.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Backslider(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2007
Why DId God Plant the Tree?

To Prove that He is God and That he made a better replace of Lucifer. But Man Failed Oh Thank God for Jesus He sent to restore man from Sin. and to the Glory of God.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by BillGatesFan(m): 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2007
Tlops: i have heard you, how did you know that GOD did not record thier sexual act as SIN? Where you there? is it was not recorded why did Adam and Eve cover their bodies and having enjoyed SEX? their body which they never cover all their life? why did they cover it after sex? don't you know they became wise immediately after sex?

My brother tell your story to those in the darkest region of ignorance not me.

Thats why you christians go about fucking peoples daughters and wifes,saying that GOD did not record that as SIN, listen to yourself.

I want to know which church you belongs to,be honest and I will tell you mine. and where I am coming from.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by PoDeep(m): 11:30am On Mar 10, 2007
@Bill gate
And where in d Bible was it stated that d fruit was sex??
Adam & Eve had a union approved by God so why should sex have been sinful?Their union can be equated with today's MARRIAGE so what is sinful about post-marital sex??
Abeg no dey twist Bible jare.
Peace.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Backslider(m): 11:43am On Mar 10, 2007
THE LORD HAS GIVEN THE A LYING PNEUMA AND HAS SENT WITH HIM A FALSE PROPHET

LISTEN TO WHAT THE LORD SAYS

2 Chronicles Chapter 18

19 And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.

20 Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith?

21 And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the Lord said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.

22 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee.

23 Then Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah came near, and smote Micaiah upon the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of the LORD from me to speak unto thee?

24 And Micaiah said, Behold, thou shalt see on that day when thou shalt go into an inner chamber to hide thyself.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by PoDeep(m): 11:49am On Mar 10, 2007
@backslider
and ur point is,,,?
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Backslider(m): 11:56am On Mar 10, 2007
In all this question is not because they seek God It is because they are at war with God.
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by FBI3: 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2007
God said let us create man in our image and after our likeness.He created them after His image but not after His likeness and for them to be after His likeness, they have to eat of the fruit, becos it was immediately after they eat of the friut that God said,"NOW, man has become like us knowing good and evil, come to think of it, the bible said that the son of man was slayed from the foundation of the earth, that it to say that Jesus died for adams sin before adam was created, abi wetin una think, hope say i dey make sense sha?
Re: Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by mrmayor(m): 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2007
F.B.I:

that it to say that Jesus died for adams sin before adam was created, abi wetin una think, hope say i dey make sense sha?

Well well, another interesting angle to the whole creation debate.

If Jesus was at the creation he being (Omniscient) knew already that thousands of years later he would have to die for their salvation!Someone please tell me whats the point of creating something you already knew was not going to meet your standards?

@Backslider,intelligent replies please,no need for another lenghty quotes.no offense intended

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Things We Must Work On To Enable A Deep Worship Lifestyle / Share Funny Christmas Story Here / All liars shall have their part in the lake of fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.