Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:14 PM

Nigeria Power Blueprint - Jonathan Gives Power Committee 30-day Ultimatum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Power Blueprint - Jonathan Gives Power Committee 30-day Ultimatum (1599 Views)

FASHOLA : The Most Workable Power Blueprint / Exclusive: President Jonathan Gives Away Ine In Bayelsa | 1st Photos / President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Power Blueprint - Jonathan Gives Power Committee 30-day Ultimatum by newmaster(m): 6:59am On Apr 22, 2010
Jonathan gives power committee 30-day ultimatum
Cover Stories, Headlines Apr 21, 2010

By Daniel Idonor
ABUJA—POISED to make maximum impact in tackling the nation’s moribund power sector within the next one year, Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, Wednessday, issued a 30-day ultimatum to the presidential committee headed by him to roll out a workable blueprint for the sector.

Jonathan had inaugurated a new cabinet three weeks ago and allocated the power ministry to himself for the purpose of ensuring that his promises to Nigerians in this regard are kept. He appointed and returned the former Minister of State in the ministry, Nuhu Wya to work with him.

Fielding questions from State House Correspondents, moments after a crucial meeting of stakeholders in the industry, after the weekly meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation, EXCOF, Mr. Wya said the expected work plan was being fine-tuned and within the next 30 days the document would be made available to the Nigerian public.

Final documentation

He said:“The meeting was essentially convened by the Acting President with all the stakeholders that would make things happen in the power sector and it was generally agreed that all hands should be on deck to move the power sector forward.

“The final documentation of the programme and the vision are being worked out and it will be announced to Nigerians. Within the period of 30days everything will be made public.”

Wya added that the difference here was that “it is under the directive eyes of the Acting President and it is everybody that is involved in moving the power sector forward.

The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN is there, Bureau of Public Procurement, BPP, Bureau of Public Enterprise, BPE, Ministry of Finance, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, and a number of agencies were there.

“The issue of gas that we have been talking, we are going to discuss it centrally. We are discussing security of the pipelines and other things. So the difference here is that everybody involved in value chain, from fuel to distribution of power are put on the same table under the watchful eyes of the Acting President.

“Well I said 30 days because I am talking to journalists and I don’t want to be held by my words. I am not the chairman of this committee, the Acting President is the chairman and he is the one to unfold this plan.”

Speaking further he said “I know that it will be done sooner than the 30 days and already actions are being taking and we have got clear instructions to start some action, but like I said, the Acting President is going to unfold the blue print.”

http://nigeriannews.com/

Re: Nigeria Power Blueprint - Jonathan Gives Power Committee 30-day Ultimatum by chidichris(m): 7:29am On Apr 22, 2010
yea, it is obvious now that jonthan has a two point agenda viz; catching ibori and fixing the power problem.
we will soon know which one is more important to pdp and to nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Power Blueprint - Jonathan Gives Power Committee 30-day Ultimatum by ficasej: 8:49am On Apr 22, 2010
He is now realising that this government has not giving any tangible thing to the nation. I hope it will not be too late.
I can only wish him , goodluck
Re: Nigeria Power Blueprint - Jonathan Gives Power Committee 30-day Ultimatum by globalaid(m): 2:11pm On Apr 22, 2010
i hope this guy is not playing to gellery. enough of all this ultimatum and get down to work my friend. We can only access you on what you achieve not what you say. We have pass through this road countless of time

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Primaries Begin September 11 ! / 95% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Doing Extremely Well / How To Influence People In Business And Get What You Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.