Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn (25443 Views)

Presidency, Sanwo-olu Bicker Over Apapa Gridlock / National Assembly Increases 2018 Budget To N9.1trn (dailytrust) / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To UNIUYO (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by dexiouz(m): 9:47am On Feb 15, 2018
deebsman1:
Actually something is really needed to be done on that death route called Tin Can/Apapa road. It's only those that have traveled the road that will be able to attest.

PS: reading through many comments on this thread, I think I can comfortably come to the conclusion that the problem of Nigeria is the people, not the govt, not anything else but the people
The people is the government.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by Jaytecq(m): 9:49am On Feb 15, 2018
I smell another Toll gate in Apapa
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by mfm04622: 9:49am On Feb 15, 2018
ewebiodun:
SCAM ALERT.....so them noh do dia due diligence before they agreed to fix road. Now una wan review so money can come out of FG hand to u and ur cohorts. Nah lie, they agreed to fix it theyust fix it...we ain't paying a dime

Look, if you don't understand it is better to keep quiet instead of telling everybody you are ignorant! Dangote will build and maintain but will recoup their money from taxes they should have paid to govt! So it is still govt money
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by kabarka(m): 9:50am On Feb 15, 2018
DWJOBScom:
The govt can't do everything so it's best to get private hands into it.

I hope it's properly regulated

When did dangote become a road contractor?

Siphoning loading................
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by mfm04622: 9:50am On Feb 15, 2018
snipesdam:
Why did it take so long to make a design and handover to him?

How many months is too long? In what time should the design be done?
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by Adeyeye09(m): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2018
They should just hand over Nigeria to Dangote. clueless pple...
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by kabarka(m): 9:58am On Feb 15, 2018
Adeyeye09:
They should just hand over Nigeria to Dangote. clueless pple...

He is the only capable contractor we have in nigeria.?
we are dealing with people that dont value transperacy
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by no1madman(m): 9:58am On Feb 15, 2018
kabarka:

I tire! Na wa 4 ur kountry!
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by davibid: 9:59am On Feb 15, 2018
FortifiedCity:
When a man has so much power that any government in power has no choice but to identify with him.

There are only 2 people who can be described with in such sentence.....Dangote and Me. We are powerful citizens

My name must be richly heard globally

I am KING with double crown
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by lloyds(m): 10:03am On Feb 15, 2018
Handed over Sugar, Cement, Energy, Refinery (Oil and Gas) Food and Pastries, now they are handing Construction. .

Is Dangote the only business man in Nigeria?
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by kabarka(m): 10:03am On Feb 15, 2018
no1madman:

I tire! Na wa 4 ur kountry!

You don see am now.
When and who bidded for the project in the first place.

Untill the masses raises,nothing will happen
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by DWJOBScom(m): 10:03am On Feb 15, 2018
kabarka:

Well he might just be a manager and outsource it to a credible firm

i actually share the siphoning scheme fears too
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by ewebiodun: 10:04am On Feb 15, 2018
mfm04622:

Look, if you don't understand it is better to keep quiet instead of telling everybody you are ignorant! Dangote will build and maintain but will recoup their money from taxes they should have paid to govt! So it is still govt money
Wise men discourse, fools insult and argue blindly..... I was talking about the CSR on the ijora to apapa port axis. Didn't the companies involved- dangote,flour mills and NPA do their due diligence to know the were gas pipes on the right of way...its obvious who intelligently read the whole article and who stupidly did
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by R0ckefeller: 10:20am On Feb 15, 2018
Xisnin:

No disrespect why do you choose that as your username?
Is he the only rich man in history?
if you know more about him, you we understand better.

is he the only rich man in history? no but he is the number one all time richest man in history or number two if we are to include a certain man from the bible which is name i cant recollect now.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by R0ckefeller: 10:23am On Feb 15, 2018
sabama007:

No but he's ranked 1st.

He takes initiative
He takes risk
He makes his MONEY
or let just say he is the only business man honest with himself.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by myproperty(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2018
lloyds:
Handed over Sugar, Cement, Energy, Refinery (Oil and Gas) Food and Pastries, now they are handing Construction. .

He is not the only business man. May be he has another qualification.....fulani
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by gretblue: 10:35am On Feb 15, 2018
bonechamberlain:
I don't understand how a whole fg would refuse to repair a major economic road and give it to a private individual to construct. is this a country.
Even the Almighty United States government engaged in what is called PPP. Public Private Partnership. Where the cost is either being financed by both parties or the private establishment involved. At the end of the day, the private organisation involves in such project regains it's cost back through tax holidays it will enjoy from the government. No where in the whole World, social amenities , provision of employment are left in the hands of government alone. So next time, come with facts when you want to criticize any govt policy. Government can't finance everything project at a particular time because of limited resources, hence they need to involve private organisation at certain stage.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by 9gerian: 10:38am On Feb 15, 2018
bonechamberlain:
I don't understand how a whole fg would refuse to repair a major economic road and give it to a private individual to construct. is this a country.

As (temporarily) comforting as the plan may seem, Nigeria and its citizens should know that they would surely pay for such abdication of the government's responsibilities; while Dangote would be far better for it. In years to come Dangote would not only be the richest, but the most powerful man on whose shoulders rest the socio-economic and political prowess of Nigeria. It is safe to say then that Capitalism has fully taken over!!!
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by kabarka(m): 10:39am On Feb 15, 2018
myproperty:

. May be he has another qualification.....fulani

And the backing of......

Ur guess is as good as mine.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by kabarka(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2018
9gerian:

As (temporarily) comforting as the plan may seem, Nigeria and its citizens should know that they would surely pay for such abdication of the government's responsibilities; while Dangote would be far better for it. In years to come Dangote would not only be the richest, but the most powerful man on whose shoulders rest the socio-economic and political prowess of Nigeria. It is safe to say then that Capitalism has fully taken over!!!

In other words,you are saying that dangote is a tool to secure the strategic wealth of the nation to the constanation of wealth owners.
Wealth owners will realise it too late.(full capitalisim)

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by mfm04622: 10:51am On Feb 15, 2018
ewebiodun:

Wise men discourse, fools insult and argue blindly..... I was talking about the CSR on the ijora to apapa port axis. Didn't the companies involved- dangote,flour mills and NPA do their due diligence to know the were gas pipes on the right of way...its obvious who intelligently read the whole article and who stupidly did

Dear Wise man, am sorry for insulting you.

However, you still don't get it. May I suggest you go back and read again as I have done?

Fashola is not asking for money for the part NPA, Dangote and Flour Mills have taken as CSR. There are 2 options. The companies don't want to relocate the gas pipelines, however there is nothing in the write-up that suggest they are not willing to pay for re-aligning the road. This is in response to your first post where you alleged Fashola want money for the section of the road those organizations are doing as CSR.
The money Fashola mentioned was for the trailer park.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by DerideGull(m): 10:59am On Feb 15, 2018
R0ckefeller:
no disrespect is dangote the only business man in nigeria. dangote this dangote that

Dangote is a front to the powers behind the One-Nigeria idiocy.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by R0ckefeller: 11:16am On Feb 15, 2018
DerideGull:

Dangote is a front to the powers behind the One-Nigeria idiocy.
feels like you just summarize everything with a sentence.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by ncoolsome(m): 11:16am On Feb 15, 2018
R0ckefeller:
no disrespect is dangote the only business man in nigeria. dangote this dangote that

...the road is meant to be a concrete road not asphalt due to the heavy vichecular movement... And dangote has a big stake at apapa/tincan compared to other bizness men...so tell me who best to build it??
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by R0ckefeller: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2018
ncoolsome:

...the road is meant to be a concrete road not asphalt due to the heavy vichecular movement... And dangote has a big stake at apapa/tincan compared to other bizness men...so tell me who best to build it??
dangote
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by arsenal33: 11:39am On Feb 15, 2018
danduke85:
They might as well hand over the country to Dangote. Other business men no dey?

Other businessmen should put themselves forward.
stop lamenting
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by Thatitan234(m): 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2018
kabarka:

You don see am now.

Dangote and FMN offered to build the road with their cash.
It is a concession project.

kabarka:

lloyds:

Dangote built several concrete roads leading to his cement plants.
The roads have proven durable, so he wants to try that out on a federal road.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by ayokenny37(m): 12:09pm On Feb 15, 2018
oniranu

FortifiedCity:
When a man has so much power that any government in power has no choice but to identify with him.

There are only 2 people who can be described with in such sentence.....Dangote and Me. We are powerful citizens

Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2018
danduke85:
They might as well hand over the country to Dangote. Other business men no dey?
He believes in Nigeria, unlike most business, and there's no problem making money from what you believe.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by gretblue: 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
kabarka:

You don see am now.

No wonder, Okonji , once said half of Nigerian graduates are unemployable. This is a concession project, where it was clearly stated in the write - up.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by ewebiodun: 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2018
mfm04622:

Dear Wise man, am sorry for insulting you.

However, you still don't get it. May I suggest you go back and read again as I have done?

Fashola is not asking for money for the part NPA, Dangote and Flour Mills have taken as CSR. There are 2 options. The companies don't want to relocate the gas pipelines, however there is nothing in the write-up that suggest they are not willing to pay for re-aligning the road. This is in response to your first post where you alleged Fashola want money for the section of the road those organizations are doing as CSR.
The money Fashola mentioned was for the trailer park.
Seems u r not a Nigerian, we know how these things work. No be today. They will tell u it needs to be reviewed and redesigned.

Tell me how the budget will not change, the companies will then tell u they can't go beyond their budget except FG is ready to intervene and u and I know that's money for the boys .

Lekki Epe expressway scam concession and scam dedt buy back plan should readily come to ur mind.
Re: FG Hands Over Apapa Road Design To Dangote, Raises Trailer Park Cost To N9.55bn by bonechamberlain(m): 1:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
gretblue:

Even the Almighty United States government engaged in what is called PPP. Public Private Partnership. Where the cost is either being financed by both parties or the private establishment involved. At the end of the day, the private organisation involves in such project regains it's cost back through tax holidays it will enjoy from the government. No where in the whole World, social amenities , provision of employment are left in the hands of government alone. So next time, come with facts when you want to criticize any govt policy. Government can't finance everything project at a particular time because of limited resources, hence they need to involve private organisation at certain stage.
what facts are you talking of, u didn't even site an example of where the U.S as u claim involved in PPP to construct a major economic road that costs less than 5billion don't divert into provision of amenities and other folktales everyone knows that. we are talking about road construction. what the NPA generates in a week would fix that road. you are just trying to be mischievous.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Declares Tenure Extension Of APC Nat. Chairman, Others As Illeg / Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest: Nigerians React / I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.