Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Reflections – Time Up For Sexual Harassment In Nigeria And The World – Eyitayo - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reflections – Time Up For Sexual Harassment In Nigeria And The World – Eyitayo (272 Views)

Female Prisoners Beg For Sexual Intimacy In Kenya / Sexual Harassment: Slay Queens Struggle To Grab A Musician's 'Cassava' On Stage / 'How Sexual Harassment Is Normalised In Secondary Schools' - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reflections – Time Up For Sexual Harassment In Nigeria And The World – Eyitayo by beezyy: 12:27pm On Feb 16, 2018
A gale force wind is sweeping through the world of entertainment, sports and politics and it seems no one is immune to the force; except of course, you are a Nigerian male with money and political position. All over the world, women are stepping forward to look the demon of sexual harassment in the eye and to say, time up: we are speaking out. Being the former powerful President of FIFA and having the name Sepp Blatter does not help you (he was accused by Hope Solo),neither was Danny Jordan spared, he was accused of rape by the singer Jennifer Ferguson,Political immunity does not even cut it; neither does the charm offensive of being a well-known Hollywood celebrity makes you exempt. From my last count, I think that it actually put you right under the radar of scrutiny..................................................................

My second concern lies with my country. I was hoping that now would be a good time to bring up again some of the issues of sexual allegations that we have swept under the carpet in Nigeria. It seems Nigeria’s politicians and those in the entertainment world are saints and as such are not concerned with the global movement of #metoo and #timeup. However, that will be far from the case. In entertainment, there was that case of actress................

www.sportsdiscourse.com

(1) (Reply)

Discuss: What Makes Life Purposeful For You? / People We Meet On Social Media / Why Do Nigerians Live In Self Denial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.