Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn (9686 Views)

Christian Hymn I Love To Sing: "My Jesus, I Love Thee" / What's Your Favorite Hymn? / Story Behind The Hymn, "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by appsdope(m): 10:07am On Feb 18, 2018
I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eyes is on the sparrow

4 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Okemmuo(m): 10:08am On Feb 18, 2018
tesppidd:
get banned or get killed?
or.........both
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by lequatee(m): 10:09am On Feb 18, 2018
NORSIYK:
Just as I am, without one plea, But that Thy blood was shed for me, And that Thou bidst me come to Thee, O Lamb of God, I come, I come. . . . The greatest song ever written
This is also my favourite hymn. Then I also love The Old Rugged Cross.

4 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by coluka: 10:10am On Feb 18, 2018
How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
In a believer's ears
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds
And drives away his fears

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by cnonyechi(f): 10:12am On Feb 18, 2018
Oh worship the king
All glorious above
Oh gratefully sing
His power and his love
Our shield and defender
D ancient of days
Pavillioned in splendor
And guarded with praise

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by westerngezy(m): 10:13am On Feb 18, 2018
The king of love my shepherd is
Whose goodness faileth never
I nothing lack if I am his
And he is mine forever.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by zemora23(f): 10:18am On Feb 18, 2018
oh what a friend we have in Jesus

5 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by bys: 10:19am On Feb 18, 2018
Oh what Joy I feel deep in my soul
For my sake God stooped so low
Crucified He died to save my soul
Now He lives forevermore

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by malonephill(m): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2018
butterflyl1on:
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
this hymn used to be GEJ favourite during he's time.......I love it

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Olorichubby(f): 10:20am On Feb 18, 2018
chaarly:
There is a green hill far away,
without a city wall,
where our Dear Lord was crucified,
who died to save us all.
We may - we may not know,
We Can't- we cannot tell,
What pains- what pains he had to bear
But we- but we believe
It was- it was for us
He hung- He hung and suffered there

#Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Aarenaija: 10:24am On Feb 18, 2018
I am so glad that our father in heaven
Tell of His love in the book He's given
Wonderful things in the bible I see
This is the dearest that Jesus loves me.....

I'm so glad that Jesus loves me
Jesu loves me/ 2x
I'm so glad that Jesus loves me
Jesus loves even me.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Macdav(m): 10:25am On Feb 18, 2018
On Christ the solid rock I stand other ground is sinking sand, other ground is sinking...

Happy Sunday Folks!!

5 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Chrisbeks: 10:25am On Feb 18, 2018
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see

7 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by gratiaeo(m): 10:29am On Feb 18, 2018
Jesus, my Lord, to Thee I cry;
Unless Thou save me, I must die:
Oh, bring Thy free salvation nigh,
And take me as I am!
And take me as I am!
And take me as I am!
My only plea—Christ died for me!
Oh, take me as I am!
Helpless I am, and full of guilt;
But yet for me Thy blood was spilt,
And Thou canst make me what Thou wilt,
And take me as I am.
No preparation can I make,
My best resolves I only break,
Yet save me for Thine own Name’s sake,
And take me as I am.
Behold me, Savior, at Thy feet,
Deal with me as Thou seest meet;
Thy work begin, Thy work complete,
But take me as I am.

3 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by lotasha(f): 10:30am On Feb 18, 2018
I am so glad that Jesus loves me

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by toye440: 10:31am On Feb 18, 2018
"Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing"

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Streams of mercy, never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount, I'm fixed upon it
Mount of Thy unchanging love

5 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by omotai(f): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2018
Hover o'er me Holy Spirit, Bathe my trembling heart and brow Fill me with Thy hallowed presence Come,O come and fill me now Fill me now,fill me now Jesus come and fill me now Fill me with hallowed presence Come,O come and fill me now

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by FRESHG(m): 10:34am On Feb 18, 2018
O yes, in the presence of the Lord,
I will bring my gifts
In thanksgiving and love
There is joy in my heart.
It is flowing like a river
I will praise the Lord,
In thanksgiving and love.

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by ablesolomo: 10:34am On Feb 18, 2018
Jesus, I my cross have taken,
All to leave, and follow Thee;,
Destitute, despis'd, forsaken,
Thou from hence my All shalt be:,
Perish every fond ambition,
All I've sought, or hop'd, or known.,
Yet how rich is my condition!,
God and Heav'n are still my own!.

3 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by ADEKNO1(m): 10:39am On Feb 18, 2018
1. I'm pressing on the upward way, New heights I'm gaining
everyday; Still praying as I onward bound "Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."
Lord, lift me up and let me stand, By faith, on Heaven's table-land; Where love, and joy, and light abound, Lord, plant my feet on higher
ground.

4 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by thanknairaland1: 10:46am On Feb 18, 2018
Christians seek not yet repose hear thy gracious savior say thy are in d midst of foes watch and pray.

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by victorious2503(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2018
My faith looks up to thee,
Thou Lamb of calvary,
Saviour divine!
Now hear me why I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly thine

4 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by SUNDICOS(m): 10:48am On Feb 18, 2018
Joys are flowing like a river,
Since the comforter has come;
He abides with us forever,
Makes the trusted heart his home.thanks

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by prestigiouslady: 10:49am On Feb 18, 2018
Robisky001:
Spirit of God in the clear running water,
Blowing to greatness the trees on the hill,
Spirit of God in the finger of morning.

Bring to birth..
bring it to earth and blow.....

blow blow blow till I breathe.
for the breathe of the spirit blowing in me...

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by 8744Kin(m): 10:51am On Feb 18, 2018
Chikita66:
When I survey, the wondrous cross on which the king of glory died, my richest gain, I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride. .

The last verse always make me cry

"where whole realm of nature mine

that where an offering far too small

love so amazing so divine

it demand my soul, my life, my all"

3 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by LightSpirit: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2018
O I often sit and ponder,

when the sun is sinking low

where does yonder future finds me,

doth but God in heaven knows.

shall I be among the living?

shall I mingle with the free?

But wherever my path be leading,

Saviour keep my heart with thee.

3 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by butterflyl1on: 10:57am On Feb 18, 2018
malonephill:
this hymn used to be GEJ favourite during he's time.......I love it

It's my all time favourite. Everything else fades away whenever I meditate on the words in the hymn.

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by badex11: 11:04am On Feb 18, 2018
O lu gba a la
Gbo ohun mi
Gbo hun mi Baba gbo hun mi
Mo wa so o do re gbami
Ni bi agbelebu

3 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Hayastark: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2018
Ho the love of my God is the Essence
Of all that I have here on Earth
All the beauty I see he has given to me
And his given is GENTLE as Silence
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Purehuman(m): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2018
influenz:
Mine is

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer

This verse reminds of my childhood. Seriously, I missed those old days. There was this sweetness in being young and godly. As I read through this hymn, I just pictured where I used to sit in church and the people around me at the time.

Things have changed and life is moving so fast that we don't get to fully enjoy the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by prestigiouslady: 11:08am On Feb 18, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
grin
Jesus my saviour is all things to me Oh what a wonderful saviour is he Guardians, protection my life guide is he Mighty deliverer Jesus for me. Jesus for me Jesus for me All the time everywhere Jesus for me...

Jesus in sickness and Jesus in health. Jesus in poverty, comfort or wealth life everlasting, my days are in his he is my safety Jesus for me

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by onemanonewife(m): 11:09am On Feb 18, 2018
tesppidd:
even if you don't believe in Jesus Christ you must not be this silly.

even if that's your opinion of our Lord Jesus Christ, don't you think it's better to be silent?
no one is going to pay you for this comment.

i know you don't believe in the devil too but I can swear you've never been this derogatory with the devil.

this is how people carry curses from generation to generation and end up blaming it on one innocent old woman in their village.
Don't bother yourself cause Holy book said ' every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment Mathew 12:36

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If I Were An Atheist / Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked / Family Time With Lucifer: The Bible For Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.