Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn (9703 Views)

Christian Hymn I Love To Sing: "My Jesus, I Love Thee" / What's Your Favorite Hymn? / Story Behind The Hymn, "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Iykolysis: 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
T'was blind but now I see

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by meedx: 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2018
Trustme2:
I need no other argument
I need no other plea
It is enough that Jesus died
And that he died for me

Only me today I have 4 FTC on front page. I wish this thing comes with monetary reward. But no Seun will never dash anybody N1.
Anyway this is a sign of better things to come. Just shower me with some likes and I'll be Ok

Finally you can be sure that most youths born from 1990 upwards cannot relate or know these wonderful hymns that were inspired by God through the writers and that inspired some of us while growing up.
Pls let us not allow these hymns to be lost in our Christian journey especially in this era of Pentecostal churches where noise and uninspiring and worldly songs has taken over the music ministry
This was my late dad's favourite. I always hummed it every morning

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Worksunlimited: 1:13pm On Feb 18, 2018
On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand..

This hymn does it for me..

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by aribabz(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2018
chaarly:
There is a green hill far away,
without a city wall,
where our Dear Lord was crucified,
who died to save us all.
We may - we may not know,
We Can't- we cannot tell,
What pains- what pains he had to bear
But we- but we believe
It was- it was for us
He hung- He hung and suffered there

Kai I so much love this hymn bk den in sec sch
#Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by bigiyaro(m): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2018
Amazing grace how sweet thou sound, dat saved a wrecth like me....
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Trustme2(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2018
lawlhee:

It is I need no other evidence not I need no other argument. Argument ko, argument ni.
Bro.
Find out thing before you comment on a post. Today is Sunday so let me not say what's in my mind. God bless you
That's the lyrics of tgr song for your info and knowledge.

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by 125diCalcitriol: 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2018
1. Rock of Ages, cleft for me, Let me hide myself in thee; Let the water and the blood, From thy wounded side which flowed, Be of sin the double cure, Save from wrath and make me pure.
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by joykem17: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
Jesu dun lati sin, eri Mi leyi.......
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by angelliza(f): 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2018
Shackled by an heavy burden Neath a load of guilt and shame Now the hands of Jesus touch me and now I am no longer the same
He touched me oh he touched me and oh that joy that floods my soul something happened and now I know He touched me and make me whole
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by kbbanj10(m): 2:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
...Fill the earth, bring it to birth and blow where you will...Blow blow o blow till I be, But the breath of the spirit blowing in me
Robisky001:
Spirit of God in the clear running water,
Blowing to greatness the trees on the hill,
Spirit of God in the finger of morning.
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by vivie01(f): 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
Will your anchor hold in the storms of life
When the clouds unfold their wings of strife
When the strong tides lift and the cables strain
Will your anchor drift or firm remain

Chrs:
We have an anchor that keeps the souls
steadfast and strong when the the billows roll
fasten to the rock which cannot move
Standeth firm and deep in the saviour's love

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by lawlhee: 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
Trustme2:

Bro.
Find out thing before you comment on a post. Today is Sunday so let me not say what's in my mind. God bless you
That's the lyrics of tgr song for your info and knowledge.

I've realised that some words in some hymns change. Over time some of the words in some songs are changed and even their tune. What I know the word to be is 'evidence' not 'argument'. that's my take.
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by blesskewe(f): 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2018
Love Devine
All love excelling
Joy of heaven to earth come down
Find in us thy humble dwelling
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Trustme2(m): 3:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
lawlhee:

I've realised that some words in some hymns change. Over time some of the words in some songs are changed and even their tune. What I know the word to be is 'evidence' not 'argument'. that's my take.
Then u should have factored in the fact that words in songs can change and not outrightly condemned my choice of words.
I have used the word argument for years so if anything changed maybe you changed it.
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Filmewell(f): 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2018
enemmo:
When peace like a River attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot..thou hath taught me to know
It is well
It is well
With my soul

Jara

My other best hymn is 'oh the love of the lord is the essence but its verse three that makes me cry..

There’ve been times when I’ve turned from his presence,
and I’ve walked other paths, other ways.
But I’ve called on his name in the dark of my shame,
and his mercy was gentle as silence.

Mine too. We actually sang it today in church
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Humble360(m): 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
There's A Stranger at thy door Let him in' He has been there off before... S&S359
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Topweez(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2018
Jesu, my lord, my God, my all
Hear me blest savior when i call
Hear me and from thy dwelling place pour down the riches of thy grace, chorus:Jesu my lord, i thee adore o! Make me love thee more and more.
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by janedoe(f): 3:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide;
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me.

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by lawlhee: 3:46pm On Feb 18, 2018
Trustme2:

Then u should have factored in the fact that words in songs can change and not outrightly condemned my choice of words.
I have used the word argument for years so if anything changed maybe you changed it.

Well, why will I. *smile*
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by bukatyne(f): 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
Purehuman:

This verse reminds of my childhood. Seriously, I missed those old days. There was this sweetness in being young and godly. As I read through this hymn, I just pictured where I used to sit in church and the people around me at the time.

Things have changed and life is moving so fast that we don't get to fully enjoy the moment.

I think that sweetness is more from lack of responsibilities and naivity.

I also remember the joy and fun then.... I am interesting remembering my parents too and I am realizing that it wasn't same for them and other parents.

While the kids could gather and discuss favorite bible character or what we learnt or planned elaborately for our Children's day and other church activities, our parents mostly discussed fees, businesses and how to raise money cûm create time from their busy schedule to sustain our interests.

@OP:

I love hymns so can't have a favorite.
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
I have plenty I love but today I’m loving

Above All by Micheal Smith

Above all powers
Above all kings
Above all nature and all created things
Above all wisdom and all the ways of man
You were here before the world began
Above all kingdoms
Above all thrones
Above all wonders the world has ever known
Above all wealth and treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure what you're worth
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by bukatyne(f): 4:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
janedoe:

Lovely hymn just by the lines.

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Arielle: 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
Sanctecosma:

This is the hymn that usually melts my heart whenever I hear it being sung especially during Holy Communion. It goes like this:
Sweet Sacrament divine,
Hid in your earthly home,
Lo! round your lowly shrine,
With suppliant hearts we come,
Jesus, to you our voice we raise,
In songs of love and heartfelt praise,
Sweet Sacrament divine (2x).

My favourite in secondary school. It still moves me to tears

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by influenz: 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
janedoe:

I always look forward to the English FA cup final because of this hymn.

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Robisky001(m): 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
prestigiouslady:

Bring to birth..
bring it to earth and blow.....

blow blow blow till I breathe.
for the breathe of the spirit blowing in me...
Love that hymn.

1 Like

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Robisky001(m): 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2018
kbbanj10:
...Fill the earth, bring it to birth and blow where you will...Blow blow o blow till I be, But the breath of the spirit blowing in me
I saw the scar of a year that lay dying,
Hear the lament of a lone.... Oya complete it.... Lolx
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by SUNDICOS(m): 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
SUNDICOS:
Joys are flowing like a river,
Since the comforter has come;
He abides with us forever,
Makes the trusted heart his home.thanks
thanks
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by TobiDirax(m): 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
The King of Love my Shepherd is, Whose goodness faileth never I nothing lack if I am His And He is mine forever.
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 18, 2018
Amazing grace.... ..,................
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by hope4life: 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,Jesus.loves me,Jesus.loges me.I am so glad that Jesus loves me.Jesus loves even me
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by haylegbede1(m): 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
toye440:
"Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing"

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Streams of mercy, never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount, I'm fixed upon it
Mount of Thy unchanging love

Yu get mouth.

I just say make i search say person must type this hymn
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by toye440: 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2018
haylegbede1:

Yu get mouth.
I just say make i search say person must type this hymn
The hymn sweet pass make i no finish one stanza.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote / The Prayer That Repairs Your Body - Joseph Prince / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.