Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

“black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening (21206 Views)

BBNaija: Erica Loses N1.8 Million After Disqualification / The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days / 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Collinz2(m): 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2018
Papadoh:
lol
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by LZAA: 9:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
intruxive:

No mater how famous a movie is, it gets overtaken by time and improve cinematography. Those movies u mentioned wr cool when they came out, but as at today black panther is most intresting thing in the cinema, some people still believed terminator is the best movie ever..... but go watch it again and laugh
i have nothing against this movie but just like VonTrapp said its no different from other superhero movies CURRENTLY out there
Gone with the wind was produced in the 1930's but it is preserved in the us film library and very few films have or if at all overtaken it
again pls note i think this is a good movie but the fight scenes were kinda bland and the hype was excessive

4 Likes

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Cromagnon: 1:55am On Feb 20, 2018
LZAA:

i get promotion but yeah the hype too much
im a black man but im so uncomfortable with all the first black this first black that
ppl conviniently forget about shaft and blade.
smh
i see a shapiro fan
but yeah the whiteman had to give black ppl something to calm them down like they did obama

2 Likes

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by TheKingIsHere: 8:57am On Feb 20, 2018
LZAA:

i get promotion but yeah the hype too much
im a black man but im so uncomfortable with all the first black this first black that
ppl conviniently forget about shaft and blade.
smh

Don't get it twisted.

Black panther was the first super hero movie to show the African culture

Shaft and blade didn't show African culture

2 Likes

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by TheKingIsHere: 9:03am On Feb 20, 2018
softprick:

The movie no make sense,e no make sense.the major problem with the film is the hype surrounding it,it’s not worthy of the hype.maybe una dey see something the rest of us no dey see sha,but to me it felt more like a series than a movie.if I ask you now which super power black panther get you no go fit tell me based on the movie.it could have been a great movie but it was just meh undecided,from when he came out from the coma,They could have made him stealthily take back the kingdom instead of going ghen ghen Rambo style,this is black panther for goodness sake,master of stealth and hunter of the night.i have never written a story in my life but I could have done a better job...oya insult me now
Is stupid comments like this that's portrays Africa in a bad light.
Even the whites that watched the movie are praising it yet a fellow African like this guy will always have the hate syndrome and will always want to pull down.

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by TheKingIsHere: 9:06am On Feb 20, 2018
Maxcollins042:

It's your ilk that's the problem of Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

This is the first African superhero movie directed by an African-American and instead of supporting your color, your race you are here exhibiting your nauseating pessimistic tendencies. If the film is overhyped let it be.
You dey answer the bastard.

Do you know how many times the whites over hyped their own movies to make gain?

But foolish Africans especially Nigerians will always wanna pull down.

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by TheKingIsHere: 9:08am On Feb 20, 2018
samirnasri:
He is rich, that is his superpower. Same with Ironman shocked cool
I hope you know that black panther is super rich too?

Some of you guys just comment out of ignorance
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by TheKingIsHere: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2018
VonTrapp:

So I should just overrate it because it was done by blacks? Sorry I don't let primordial sentiments overrule my sense of judgement. I repeat, the movie is over hyped and a a 60% score at best

Your rating is inconsequential.

Reknown rating coys put black panther at 93-96%

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by softprick: 9:13am On Feb 20, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Is stupid comments like this that's portrays Africa in a bad light.
Even the whites that watched the movie are praising it yet a fellow African like this guy will always have the hate syndrome and will always want to pull down.

Dont play the ethnicity and race card abeg,I never even said anything about race in my comments ,I’m talking purely about the movie,if you know black panther from the comics then you will know he’s more than what’s portrayed in the movie,i don’t think your comment was directed at me though cos you made no sense based on my argument.to each he’s own sha.you enjoyed it and I find it to be meh

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by TheKingIsHere: 9:21am On Feb 20, 2018
softprick:

Dont play the ethnicity and race card abeg,I never even said anything about race in my comments ,I’m talking purely about the movie,if you know black panther from the comics then you will know he’s more than what’s portrayed in the movie,i don’t think your comment was directed at me though cos you made no sense based on my argument.to each he’s own sha.you enjoyed it and I find it to be meh
Nobody is playing ethnic and race card apart from you?

You are yet to give a tangible reason that black panther is over hyped.

First of all, which movie isn't over hyped?

Also note that everything in the comics can't be shown in the movie

In a comic superman was shown moving 9 planets at once. Yes, 9 planets at once but in the movie they show superman struggling to lift one small building does that make it over hyped or bad?

Menh, enjoy a good movie when you see one.

Go and check international ratings on this movie then you will understand that it lived up to the expectations

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by softprick: 9:22am On Feb 20, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You dey answer the bastard.

Do you know how many times the whites over hyped their own movies to make gain?

But foolish Africans especially Nigerians will always wanna pull down.

Just because someone is not seeing things your way doesn’t mean you should be insultive,last time I checked your name wasn’t tchalla ,you didn’t direct or produce the movie,so calm your horses,this is not the movie Roots that you should be so defensive this is just lion king the movie,so Mr calm down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Keketu(m): 9:22am On Feb 20, 2018
Okay
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by softprick: 9:27am On Feb 20, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Nobody is playing ethnic and race card apart from you?

You are yet to give a tangible reason that black panther is over hyped.

First of all, which movie isn't over hyped?

Also note that everything in the comics can't be shown in the movie

In a comic superman was shown moving 9 planets at once. Yes, 9 planets at once but in the movie they show superman struggling to lift one small building does that make it over hyped or bad?

Menh, enjoy a good movie when you see one.

Go and check international ratings on this movie then you will understand that it lived up to the expectations

That’s your problem,international ratings.international ratings. I watched the movie and almost slept midway,you said Superman blah blah 9 planets,atleast Superman flew,shot lasers through he’s eyes,super breathe,X-ray vision,super hearing,super speed,once again tell me what black panther did that was so astonishing in the movie,isn’t it even funny that other marvel heroes displayed their powers fully in their standalone movies and black panther was just blah blah blah kinetic suit.once again calm down and reply like an adult.

3 Likes

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Collinz2(m): 9:39am On Feb 20, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Don't mind the guy. They won't watch the movie but they will comment trash.
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by softprick: 10:09am On Feb 20, 2018
VonTrapp:

Where can I find your review of it?

https://www.nairaland.com/4355433/nairalander-review-black-panther#65178208

Might get banned again if I post the link directly
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by LZAA: 10:13am On Feb 20, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Don't get it twisted.

Black panther was the first super hero movie to show the African culture

Shaft and blade didn't show African culture
did u read the comments on here bro?
some ppl were calling it the first black super hero film
i think von trapp was even called a coon
and just like somebody said why wait for a white man to tell ur story when u can tell it better
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by LZAA: 10:28am On Feb 20, 2018
Cromagnon:
i see a shapiro fan
but yeah the whiteman had to give black ppl something to calm them down like they did obama
grin exactly my point
we blacks are too emotional
it distorts reasoning
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by samirnasri(m): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

well, I have no idea where this ‘ignorance’ statement is coming from. I just repeated what Batman said in the movie Justice League. And if you lack a sense of humour, that’s your problem not mine.
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by samirnasri(m): 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2018
Collinz2:
Don't mind the guy. They won't watch the movie but they will comment trash.
I have no idea why you are angry with what I said. I never mentioned that I have seen the movie. I only said batman’s Superpower is that he is rich which is exactly what he said when the flash asked him. If you have any personal problem please try and deal with instead of being unnecessarily angry.
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Collinz2(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2018
samirnasri:
I have no idea why you are angry with what I said. I never mentioned that I have seen the movie. I only said batman’s Superpower is that he is rich which is exactly what he said when the flash asked him. If you have any personal problem please try and deal with instead of being unnecessarily angry.
then why mention me telling me he is rich when u've not seen the movie. And who said i have any personal issue, is like your brain dey malfunction.
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by samirnasri(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
Collinz2:
then why mention me telling me he is rich when u've not seen the movie. And who said i have any personal issue, is like your brain dey malfunction.
It was a joke, I didn’t say it to ridicule it. Sorry if you took it personal. And FYI there was no need for the insults
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Collinz2(m): 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2018
samirnasri:
It was a joke, I didn’t say it to ridicule it. Sorry if you took it personal. And FYI there was no need for the insults
sorry buddy.
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2018
LZAA:

grin exactly my point
we blacks are too emotional
it distorts reasoning
na
its all humans
the lizard ppl also program white ppl
look at how they're being primed to give up their guns via school shootings
politicians employ experts at pushing human mumu buttons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by LZAA: 2:34am On Feb 21, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
na its all humans the lizard ppl also program white ppl look at how they're being primed to give up their guns via school shootings politicians employ experts at pushing human mumu buttons
confam so true
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by TheKingIsHere: 11:05am On Feb 21, 2018
STILESGANG:
The most critically acclaimed super hero movie of all time is the dark Knight with an Imdb rating of 9.Even wonder woman has more rating so Say what you know
The movie is good but the hype is annoying.

What is the rating for Captain America : civil war on IMDB? The rating is 7.8 yet it takes in more money than batman Dark Knight that is rated 9.

You guys should stop all this hating.

If you don't understand a movie just say so.
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by TheKingIsHere: 11:10am On Feb 21, 2018
softprick:

That’s your problem,international ratings.international ratings. I watched the movie and almost slept midway,you said Superman blah blah 9 planets,atleast Superman flew,shot lasers through he’s eyes,super breathe,X-ray vision,super hearing,super speed,once again tell me what black panther did that was so astonishing in the movie,isn’t it even funny that other marvel heroes displayed their powers fully in their standalone movies and black panther was just blah blah blah kinetic suit.once again calm down and reply like an adult.

You know nothing.

This is the first black panther movie, where you expecting them to show all his moves and power at once?

Go and watch the first movies of major super heroes, they don't show all the skills and powers at once. Everything (skills, tactics, gadgets etc) comes out gradually.

You already know what black panther can do from Captain America civil war movie, they needed to introduce the black panther character and culture better to people who don't know or are not conversant with the character but I guess you weren't thinking towards that direction?

All you want to see is blow, punches and kicks(better stick to hulk movies were you will see hulk smash )

You guys should stop arguing blindly and ignorantly.

That is not an insult

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by TheKingIsHere: 11:21am On Feb 21, 2018
samirnasri:
well, I have no idea where this ‘ignorance’ statement is coming from. I just repeated what Batman said in the movie Justice League. And if you lack a sense of humour, that’s your problem not mine.

You weren't being humourous rather you were looking for lame excuses to discredit and pull down black panther.
Bruce Wayne of batman is a billionaire in the city of Gotham, take note of the word CITY, while Black panther is a billionaire king in a whole COUNTRY. That should tell you who is richer.
Furthermore, black panther is marvel's improved version of batman.
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by softprick: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You know nothing.

This is the first black panther movie, where you expecting them to show all his moves and power at once?

Go and watch the first movies of major super heroes, they don't show all the skills and powers at once. Everything (skills, tactics, gadgets etc) comes out gradually.

You already know what black panther can do from Captain America civil war movie, they needed to introduce the black panther character and culture better to people who don't know or are not conversant with the character but I guess you weren't thinking towards that direction?

All you want to see is blow, punches and kicks(better stick to hulk movies were you will see hulk smash )

You guys should stop arguing blindly and ignorantly.

That is not an insult

Aii you can get off my dick now
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by samirnasri(m): 2:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You weren't being humourous rather you were looking for lame excuses to discredit and pull down black panther.
Bruce Wayne of batman is a billionaire in the city of Gotham, take note of the word CITY, while Black panther is a billionaire king in a whole COUNTRY. That should tell you who is richer.
Furthermore, black panther is marvel's improved version of batman.
Whatever. I've made my intentions known. It was a joke. It was not as though we had a disagreement before my comment. If you are angry with people for having a different opinion, it's your problem. I wrote somewhere that this is the best movie for the year only to be surpassed by maybe Avengers infinity war. How was something as simple as 'Batman's superpower is that he is rich' which he said himself misunderstood to mean I'm trying to pull down black panther
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by STILESGANG: 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

What is the rating for Captain America : civil war on IMDB? The rating is 7.8 yet it takes in more money than batman Dark Knight that is rated 9.

You guys should stop all this hating.

If you don't understand a movie just say so.
Did you even read my post at all or did you just feel like commenting undecided.The guy made a wrong claim and I corrected him.

Commercially successful films like captain America don't win awards but they make money.Critically aclaimed movies dont make money but The dark knight made over a billion dollars(black panther won't make up to that) and yet still the most critically acclaimed movie in recent times.The film was a masterpiece.You don't compare it with any other superhero films.It's in a class of it's own
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by STILESGANG: 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
VonTrapp:

There's nothing special about it. This euphoria you're greeting it with is just because it's new and it will soon wear out with time. It's just like any other super hero movie out there. Nothing out of this world.
I laugh at people calling this overhyped movie the best superhero film of all time.Did these kids even watched Christopher Nolan. The dark knight trilogy?

Watch as they start insulting and calling me a white man asslicker. grin

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by TheKingIsHere: 1:07am On Feb 22, 2018
STILESGANG:
Did you even read my post at all or did you just feel like commenting undecided.The guy made a wrong claim and I corrected him.

Commercially successful films like captain America don't win awards but they make money.Critically aclaimed movies dont make money but The dark knight made over a billion dollars(black panther won't make up to that) and yet still the most critically acclaimed movie in recent times.The film was a masterpiece.You don't compare it with any other superhero films.It's in a class of it's own
So IMDB is the only rating body in the world?

Rotten Tomatoes gave Black panther 97% compared to Batman's 94%, thereby beating the Dark Knight, so his claim was not wrong. Go and get your facts right.

Check the screenshot of the statement as attached.

Batman dark knight is a great movie and has won awards but how do you know if black panther movie wont win awards too?

Why dont you wait before jumping to illogical conclusion.

Also, did you say that black panther wont make up to a billion dollars? This must be the joke of the century.

I hope you know, black panther has already made over $460M(domestic and globally) in just 4-5days.

Stop arguing ignorantly online without facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Your Favourite Prison Break Character / Photos From The Africa Movie Academy Awards 2015 / 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.