Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days (1292 Views)

"The Wedding Party 2" Review: 26 Key Points Of The Movie By Shola Thompson / 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas / Photos From "The Wedding Party 2" Premiere In Lagos (Arabian Themed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by Jaeslight: 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
[center][/center]

The Wedding Party 2 rakes in N73m in Just Days: Nigeria’s blockbuster movie “The Wedding Party 2-Destination Dubai,” has made over 73 million Naira on its opening weekend, its producers said.

The movie was released in cinemas across the country on Friday, December 15.

Read More: https://citymediang.com/the-wedding-party-2-rakes-in-n73m-in-just-days/
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by samsono30: 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
This stupid film is what they are disturbing everybody about. just imagine big lie, N73m for opening weekend. Nigerian's and lies
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by samsono30: 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
This stupid film is what they are disturbing everybody about. just imagine big lie, N73m for opening weekend. Nigerian's and lies, movie I can not download with my data.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by GameGod(m): 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
samsono30:
This stupid film is what they are disturbing everybody about. just imagine big lie, N73m for opening weekend. Nigerian's and lies
N73m is very small sef. Do you have any idea how much foreign movies make?
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by expozey(f): 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
Movie was just all hype and no substance. No reasonable plot, poor acting on the most part, under-utilised characters. In short, would have been better if it wasn't made
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 7:23am On Dec 20, 2017
expozey:
Movie was just all hype and no substance. No reasonable plot, poor acting on the most part, under-utilised characters. In short, would have been better if it wasn't made

My friend would you keep quiet! It's your type that starts forming top critic when you see Nollywood movies but would gladly accept any garbage from Hollywood.

No substance? Are you freaking kidding me? This even had more layers than the part 1 sef.
No plot? Madam what sort of rubbish is this? So if it has no plot, why is it a movie?
Poor acting? Sigh
Under-utilized characters - You only have a point here.

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 7:37am On Dec 20, 2017
samsono30:

You should also get your own dose of Would you quiet. Do you think Nigeria and Nigerians would forever remain backward like you? Just in filmhouse cinema in Benin, they are showing the movie 9 times in a day, at a price of 1.5k and 1k with students ID. When I watched it yesterday, there were more than 100 people also watching it. That's at least 100k in just one session. Using estimates about 500 people at the price of 1k would have watched it yesterday. Now do the maths. Note that there is another top cinema in Benin.
Going down to Lagos, do you know how many cinemas are there.
Oga abeg if you no know something, no dey talk anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by badinfluence: 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
homesteady:

You should also get your own dose of Would you quiet. Do you think Nigeria and Nigerians would forever remain backward like you? Just in filmhouse cinema in Benin, they are showing the movie 9 times in a day, at a price of 1.5k and 1k with students ID. When I watched it yesterday, there were more than 100 people also watching it. That's at least 100k in just one session. Using estimates about 500 people at the price of 1k would have watched it yesterday. Now do the maths. Note that there is another top cinema in Benin.
It's an open secret in the industry that figures are exaggerated, it may have raked in a decent amount, but not up to the amount stated..
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2017
badinfluence:

It's an open secret in the industry that figures are exaggerated, it may have raked in a decent amount, but not up to the amount stated..

Then why are other movies not always associated with very high figures?
Nigeria has a very high population, and the socially inclined part of the population is still very high. we haven't even reached our potential in cinema business sef.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by badinfluence: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
homesteady:

Nigeria has a very high population, and the socially inclined part of the population is still very high. we haven't even reached our potential in cinema business sef.
The strategy won't work on all movies.. Do you believe ay raked in as much as was claimed?.. Nigeria has a high population doesn't count in cinema viewings..
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by Antoniosmile: 4:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
homesteady:

Egbon homestead, just because u went to see the wedding party after ur hbt Now, u won't let us rest, Oya keep quiet and go home.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 5:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
badinfluence:

The strategy won't work on all movies.. Do you believe ay raked in as much as was claimed?.. Nigeria has a high population doesn't count in cinema viewings..

I have course to believe that they are not lying. I did some estimated calculations and I deducted that 60,000 people watched it for it to rake in 78 million.
I used 1500 for half and 1000 for the other half of the population. And note that some cinemas charged as much as 3k from what I saw on Twitter.

So are you trying to say 60k people can not go to the cinema to watch this movie in the whole of Nigeria with a population of over 180 million people?
Cinemas showrooms have an average sitting capacity of at least 100, and I haven't seen such because they are mostly above 150 capacity and the movie was showed at least 4 times in a day. . The only assignment I have for you is to check for the number of cinemas in Nigeria.

If you do all this, you would know that the figures are not far-fetched.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
Antoniosmile:

Egbon homestead, just because u went to see the wedding party after ur hbt Now, u won't let us rest, Oya keep quiet and go home.

grin grin grin

Who be this? Olu?
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by badinfluence: 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2017
homesteady:

I have course to believe that they are not lying. I did some estimated calculations and I deducted that 60,000 people watched it for it to rake in 78 million.
I used 1500 for half and 1000 for the other half of the population. And note that some cinemas charged as much as 3k from what I saw on Twitter.

So are you trying to say 60k people can not go to the cinema to watch this movie in the whole of Nigeria with a population of over 180 million people?
Cinemas showrooms have an average sitting capacity of at least 100, and I haven't seen such because they are mostly above 150 capacity and the movie was showed at least 4 times in a day. . The only assignment I have for you is to check for the number of cinemas in Nigeria.

If you do all this, you would know that the figures are not far-fetched.
Did you also check the cinema scheduling? The fact that it sold out in one cinema, doesn't mean it sold out in all.. The population of a country does not determine box office success.. Have you checked the cinema culture of Nigeria, dude they're lots of factors when it comes to the cinema. I've had the opportunity to work with some producers and I can tell you, box office figures are exaggerated. It's part of market strategy
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2017
badinfluence:

Did you also check the cinema scheduling? The fact that it sold out in one cinema, doesn't mean it sold out in all.. The population of a country does not determine box office success.. Have you checked the cinema culture of Nigeria, dude they're lots of factors when it comes to the cinema. I've had the opportunity to work with some producers and I can tell you, box office figures are exaggerated. It's part of market strategy

1)The industry is filled with beef, if boxoffice figures are always exaggerated, people in the know would have leaked it out. Daddy Freeze would have already pointed it out. Besides if the figures were unattainable as you claimed, Nigeria Twitter would be debating it right now.
2) Nigeria cinema culture is growing at a fast pace, that's why cinemas are springing up everywhere, except in the East which I can't explain why. These days, it would be quite strange to hear that a young person hasn't been to a cinema, of course there are exceptions. Heck, people are now even proposing in cinemas while the movie is going on by pausing the movie and displaying the proposal question on the screen. It seems you are yet get to grasps with Nigeria rapid 'westernized' culture growth.

3)like I said earlier, every Star studded movie would have used the same trick if it was possible, or do you think it's only Mo Abudu that is smart enough to think of that trick?
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2017
homesteady:

Note that there is another top cinema in Benin
The above is not true.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Note that there is another top cinema in Benin
The above is not true.

What of Kada Cinema? undecided Or did you shut it down?
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by badinfluence: 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
homesteady:

1)The industry is filled with beef, if boxoffice figures are always exaggerated, people in the know would have leaked it out. Daddy Freeze would have already pointed it out. Besides if the figures were unattainable as you claimed, Nigeria Twitter would be debating it right now.
2) Nigeria cinema culture is growing at a fast pace, that's why cinemas are springing up everywhere, except in the East which I can't explain why. These days, it would be quite strange to hear that a young person hasn't been to a cinema, of course there are exceptions. Heck, people are now even proposing in cinemas while the movie is going on by pausing the movie and displaying the proposal question on the screen. It seems you are yet get to grasps with Nigeria rapid 'westernized' culture growth.

3)like I said earlier, every Star studded movie would have used the same trick if it was possible, or do you think it's only Mo Abudu that is smart enough to think of that trick?
You think those in the media would leak it.. Wake up dude. You obviously don't know what's going on in the industry. Exaggerated figures are not new in the movie industry. Have you been opportuned to see actual box office figures, there's a big difference between what is told to the public. Nigeria cinema culture is not about the amount of cinemas built, how do nollywood movies actually fare in the cinemas. TWP is not the only movie to exaggerate figures. Even some hollywood studios do that. Like I said earlier, pay attention to schedulings at the cinema..
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
badinfluence:

You think those in the media would leak it.. Wake up dude. You obviously don't know what's going on in the industry. Exaggerated figures are not new in the movie industry. Have you been opportuned to see actual box office figures, there's a big difference between what is told to the public. Nigeria cinema culture is not about the amount of cinemas built, how do nollywood movies actually fare in the cinemas. TWP is not the only movie to exaggerate figures. Even some hollywood studios do that. Like I said earlier, pay attention to schedulings at the cinema..

I've been to cinemas in Kano and Benin, I've observed their cinema cultures and it is very impressive and they don't even compare to Lagos in social status, so that means I even expect Lagos to have double the amount of cinema goers in the aforementioned States.
I watched TWP part 1 twice both in Kano and in Benin like 2 weeks apart, and the cinemas were full on both occasions. So pray tell me why i shouldn't believe that the same or even more would be happening in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt etc?
I have been an ardent follower of Nollywood movies, last year I even did a preview of top 2016 movies, because I watched many and I also observed their crowd. Any movie can not just come and claim very high figures like this without people knowing it was a lie.

Besides, concerning the cinema figures, i forgot to mention that the IJGB people are now around and more are still trooping in from Abroad. They formed a noteworthy percentage of those that watched Wedding Party 1.

Can you explain more on the focusing on the schedule? Because I already paid attention to the scheduling by saying that the film house in cinema are showing that film 9 times in a day now. Note that I didn't say that the tickets were sold out at every showing.

Besides, can you bring empirical evidence to backup your points, because we are just doing back and forth argument here.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
I think this deserves a thread on its own to get more views.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by badinfluence: 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2017
homesteady:

I've been to cinemas in Kano and Benin, I've observed their cinema cultures and it is very impressive and they don't even compare to Lagos in social status, so that means I even expect Lagos to have double the amount of cinema goers in the aforementioned States.
I watched TWP part 1 twice both in Kano and in Benin like 2 weeks apart, and the cinemas were full on both occasions. So pray tell me why i shouldn't believe that the same or even more would be happening in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt etc?
I have been an ardent follower of Nollywood movies, last year I even did a preview of top 2016 movies, because I watched many and I also observed their crowd. Any movie can not just come and claim very high figures like this without people knowing it was a lie.

Besides, concerning the cinema figures, i forgot to mention that the IJGB people are now around and more are still trooping in from Abroad. They formed a noteworthy percentage of those that watched Wedding Party 1.

Can you explain more on the focusing on the schedule? Because I already paid attention to the scheduling by saying that the film house in cinema are showing that film 9 times in a day now. Note that I didn't say that the tickets were sold out at every showing.

Besides, can you bring empirical evidence to backup your points, because we are just doing back and forth argument here.
You know what, believe what you want.. It's only a producer who takes his/her movie to the cinemas, who will understand that people trooping into the cinema doesn't guarantee box office figures. Now let me tell you about scheduling. If a movie is showing 9 times like you claim, it would sell out probably twice(depending on the run time).. Believe me, filmhouse cinemas would give TWP better scheduling time than any other cinema because film one is the distribution of TWP. Nigerians are not in the habit of seeing a 'nollywood' movie with the same zeal they have for the hollywood movies. So the amount of people in the cinema is not enough criteria to judge. As for your evidence, find a producer deeply rooted in the industry and appeal to him to tell you the koko..
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
homesteady:

What of Kada Cinema? undecided Or did you shut it down?
Sorry I get it. I thought you said there are no top cinemas in Benin. Kada cinema is at sapele road
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 10:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
badinfluence:

You know what, believe what you want.. It's only a producer who takes his/her movie to the cinemas, who will understand that people trooping into the cinema doesn't guarantee box office figures. Now let me tell you about scheduling. If a movie is showing 9 times like you claim, it would sell out probably twice(depending on the run time).. Believe me, filmhouse cinemas would give TWP better scheduling time than any other cinema because film one is the distribution of TWP. Nigerians are not in the habit of seeing a 'nollywood' movie with the same zeal they have for the hollywood movies. So the amount of people in the cinema is not enough criteria to judge. As for your evidence, find a producer deeply rooted in the industry and appeal to him to tell you the koko..

That's the problem, you are yet to come to grips with Nollywood cinema growth. Since last year, Nollywood movies has been beating Hollywood movies at Nigerian cinemas. Wedding Party gave Hollywood movies a very big trouncing, same with A trip to Jamaica.

I definitely know that they won't get sell outs at all showtimes, but it was all over twitter during the first and second day that all the tickets in most Lagos cinemas were booked, even tickets for the 10pm viewing! People were complaining. So can you see that I'm not just basing my arguement on some of my random convictions? I have solid bases and my calculations have proved it to be possible.

I just believe that you think nothing truthful can come out from Nigerians, that's just the problem.

Here is a part of an article I got from Bella Naija
Here’s how 2016’s Top 10 Chart looks like for Nigeria – [img] Please note that not all the figures are verified rather we have used Filmhouse Cinema’s weighted average market share[/img] to come up with box office estimates for films not released by FilmOne.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.bellanaija.com/2017/01/amazing-nigerian-movies-gross-over-n1-billion-in-2016/amp/

So can you see that there is an actual rating system or records by filmOne? Or would you say they are also lying? I hope you won't say so, because if they are actually posting more figures that they are getting, it translates to more tax.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by badinfluence: 11:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
homesteady:

That's the problem, you are yet to come to grips with Nollywood cinema growth. Since last year, Nollywood movies has been beating Hollywood movies at Nigerian cinemas. Wedding Party gave Hollywood movies a very big trouncing, same with A trip to Jamaica.

I definitely know that they won't get sell outs at all showtimes, but it was all over twitter during the first and second day that all the tickets in most Lagos cinemas were booked, even tickets for the 10pm viewing! People were complaining. So can you see that I'm not just basing my arguement on some of my random convictions? I have solid bases and my calculations have proved it to be possible.

I just believe that you think nothing truthful can come out from Nigerians, that's just the problem.

Here is a part of an article I got from Bella Naija

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.bellanaija.com/2017/01/amazing-nigerian-movies-gross-over-n1-billion-in-2016/amp/

So can you see that there is an actual rating system or records by filmOne? Or would you say they are also lying? I hope you won't say so, because if they are actually posting more figures that they are getting, it translates to more tax.
Nollywood movies beating hollywood movies in the cinemas? Most of these are propaganda. I'm not talking based on assumptions. I've worked with some people in the industry. Exaggerated figures are not exclusive to nollywood. As for the twitter ish, it's all pr.. Social media is a tool.. Mind you I stay in lagos and I know what I'm saying. Don't believe everything you read online.. I was once like you until I ventured into filmmaking. There are simple tricks employed by filmmakers. And I should let you know, silverbird ikeja is a big player in box office earnings.. Check the viewing times on their site, check the movies in the cinemas. The truth is your average Nigerian would rather go see a hollywood movie instead. Right now, there's so much going on in the Nigerian cinema. A trip to Jamaica is another movie with exaggerated figures. They use the hype as a fertile ground to exaggerate figures.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
badinfluence:

Nollywood movies beating hollywood movies in the cinemas? Most of these are propaganda. I'm not talking based on assumptions. I've worked with some people in the industry. Exaggerated figures are not exclusive to nollywood. As for the twitter ish, it's all pr.. Social media is a tool.. Mind you I stay in lagos and I know what I'm saying. Don't believe everything you read online.. I was once like you until I ventured into filmmaking. There are simple tricks employed by filmmakers. And I should let you know, silverbird ikeja is a big player in box office earnings.. Check the viewing times on their site, check the movies in the cinemas. The truth is your average Nigerian would rather go see a hollywood movie instead. Right now, there's so much going on in the Nigerian cinema. A trip to Jamaica is another movie with exaggerated figures. They use the hype as a fertile ground to exaggerate figures.

I have not directly told you that the producers telling you that the figures are exaggerated are lying, instead I have brought hard facts to counter the claim and unfortunately you haven't brought any hard fact, except hearsay from producers.

I'm an active twitter user, I know PR tweets looking at them a thousand miles away, and those weren't PR tweets.

Yes I'm not arguing that people are more inclined to see Hollywood than Nollywood. Among my group of friends and those around me, I'm the only person who goes to the cinema to watch Nollywood movies. I have had countless arguments with people on Nollywood bashing, and almost everyone who passes by always join the Hollywood gang. But when Wedding party and a trip to Jamaica came out, these set of people all trooped to the cinema to watch these movies. These same set of people are also trooping in to watch TWP 2. And I'm sure this is the same everywhere. More reason for me to believe that the figures are real.

Mind you I just showed you a link where they said FilmOne had accessible figures on the movies they distribute, and I told you if they inflate the movies, it means more tax for them. You didn't say anything about this.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by badinfluence: 12:03am On Dec 21, 2017
homesteady:

I have not directly told you that the producers telling you that the figures are exaggerated are lying, instead I have brought hard facts to counter the claim and unfortunately you haven't brought any hard fact, except hearsay from producers.

I'm an active twitter user, I know PR tweets looking at them a thousand miles away, and those weren't PR tweets.

Yes I'm not arguing that people are more inclined to see Hollywood than Nollywood. Among my group of friends and those around me, I'm the only person who goes to the cinema to watch Nollywood movies. I have had countless arguments with people on Nollywood bashing, and almost everyone who passes by always join the Hollywood gang. But when Wedding party and a trip to Jamaica came out, these set of people all trooped to the cinema to watch these movies. These same set of people are also trooping in to watch TWP 2. And I'm sure this is the same everywhere. More reason for me to believe that the figures are real.

Mind you I just showed you a link where they said FilmOne had accessible figures on the movies they distribute, and I told you if they inflate the movies, it means more tax for them. You didn't say anything about this.

Isn't it based on actual records they are taxed, don't you know they have the records? You think everything you read online is true? Filmone is also part of the production units of the movie. I'm telling you stuff I've seen and you're saying 'hearsay'. The twitter thing is a big stunt, you need to go to sb ikeja and see these producers and actors marketing the movies right there in the cinema. You guys outside lagos think everything is as smooth as they tell you it is. You are just assuming all cinema's in lagos were sold out by TWP. Abi you think marketing stops when the movies are finally out in cinemas. Earnings aren't the only things exaggerated in showbiz, even turnouts are sometimes exaggerated. Forget social media and articles, I work with a production house and these are things my eyes are opened to now. And that article is just singing the praise of TWP.. A filmone project.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 2:01am On Dec 21, 2017
badinfluence:

Isn't it based on actual records they are taxed, don't you know they have the records? You think everything you read online is true? Filmone is also part of the production units of the movie. I'm telling you stuff I've seen and you're saying 'hearsay'. The twitter thing is a big stunt, you need to go to sb ikeja and see these producers and actors marketing the movies right there in the cinema. You guys outside lagos think everything is as smooth as they tell you it is. You are just assuming all cinema's in lagos were sold out by TWP. Abi you think marketing stops when the movies are finally out in cinemas. Earnings aren't the only things exaggerated in showbiz, even turnouts are sometimes exaggerated. Forget social media and articles, I work with a production house and these are things my eyes are opened to now. And that article is just singing the praise of TWP.. A filmone project.

So are you implying that filmhouse cinemas would give false figures to the public and now show tax collectors the actual figures? Seriously? Do you think Nigeria is some sort of banana Republic where anything goes?

This tax point is enough to end this argument, I still don't know what you are still arguing on.

Of course marketing still goes which leads to increase in the boxoffice figures, that was never in contention, or was it?
Your only base in this argument has been that you have worked with some producers. Okay did the producer also lie about his boxoffice ratings? Which movie was that?

Where you in anyway involved in any process that concerned the distribution of TWP? If no, so why should I take your opinion over what filmOne house says and would even be taxed on? Please tell me why?

Did you miss the part where I discussed on the Hollywood gang going in troops to watch TWP and a trip to Jamaica? For you not to know this just simply means that you are in no whatsoever position to tell me about their boxoffice turnover.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by badinfluence: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2017
homesteady:

So are you implying that filmhouse cinemas would give false figures to the public and now show tax collectors the actual figures? Seriously? Do you think Nigeria is some sort of banana Republic where anything goes?

This tax point is enough to end this argument, I still don't know what you are still arguing on.

Of course marketing still goes which leads to increase in the boxoffice figures, that was never in contention, or was it?
Your only base in this argument has been that you have worked with some producers. Okay did the producer also lie about his boxoffice ratings? Which movie was that?

Where you in anyway involved in any process that concerned the distribution of TWP? If no, so why should I take your opinion over what filmOne house says and would even be taxed on? Please tell me why?

Did you miss the part where I discussed on the Hollywood gang going in troops to watch TWP and a trip to Jamaica? For you not to know this just simply means that you are in no whatsoever position to tell me about their boxoffice turnover.
Your Hollywood gang friend's now determine figures.. Did that article provide any form of box office trackings, you think tax is based on whatever is said on social media? Is there any site that showed the daily box office trackings other than what the producer's claim.. You're obviously a novice in marketing strategies. How can you judge using the fact that people you know went to watch the movie.. Don't believe any everything on social media.. If I mention names, you wouldn't know them. Let's just leave it as it is.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 9:55am On Dec 21, 2017
badinfluence:

Your Hollywood gang friend's now determine figures.. Did that article provide any form of box office trackings, you think tax is based on whatever is said on social media? Is there any site that showed the daily box office trackings other than what the producer's claim.. You're obviously a novice in marketing strategies. How can you judge using the fact that people you know went to watch the movie.. Don't believe any everything on social media.. If I mention names, you wouldn't know them. Let's just leave it as it is.

Are you deliberately trying not to get what I'm saying? You said Nigerians would prefer going to watch a Hollywood movie over a Nollywood movie which I agreed to. I then went further to explain using sample cases around me to show that these Hollywood gang also trooped in to watch TWP and A trip to Jamaica, especially TWP. Talk a walk on your street, find people who prefers to watch Hollywood movies at the cinema, at least 80% would tell you that they saw TWP.
There were countless threads on TWP 1 on Nairaland, and many posters stated that that was the only Nollywood movie they've gone to see at the cinema.

Did you actually read the article? It was clearly stated that the Wedding party figures were verified from filmOne. Do you know how tax works? I asked you a question and I need you to give me a specific answer. Do you think FilmOne would release false figures and show the tax people the real figures?
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by badinfluence: 10:09am On Dec 21, 2017
homesteady:

Are you deliberately trying not to get what I'm saying? You said Nigerians would prefer going to watch a Hollywood movie over a Nollywood movie which I agreed to. I then went further to explain using sample cases around me to show that these Hollywood gang also trooped in to watch TWP and A trip to Jamaica, especially TWP. Talk a walk on your street, find people who prefers to watch Hollywood movies at the cinema, at least 80% would tell you that they saw TWP.
There were countless threads on TWP 1 on Nairaland, and many posters stated that that was the only Nollywood movie they've gone to see at the cinema.

Did you actually read the article? It was clearly stated that the Wedding party figures were verified from filmOne. Do you know how tax works? I asked you a question and I need you to give me a specific answer. Do you think FilmOne would release false figures and show the tax people the real figures?
Yes.. They would.. Verified by filmone means nothing. When box office numbers are verified, trackings are provided not mere articles. Btw there are so many people who hold a different view on TWP. During a research, it was discovered that Nigerians would rather wait to download a movie than to see it in the cinemas. So your case study is void here. If they can provide bo trackings from any other review site other than filmone, then I would fully accept. There are actual records from the box office, and those records are not for show. So you believe everything claimed on social media? A trip to Jamaica and TWP didn't rake in as much as they claimed and that's the truth..
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by homesteady(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2017
badinfluence:

Yes.. They would.. Verified by filmone means nothing. When box office numbers are verified, trackings are provided not mere articles. Btw there are so many people who hold a different view on TWP. During a research, it was discovered that Nigerians would rather wait to download a movie than to see it in the cinemas. So your case study is void here. If they can provide bo trackings from any other review site other than filmone, then I would fully accept. There are actual records from the box office, and those records are not for show. So you believe everything claimed on social media? A trip to Jamaica and TWP didn't rake in as much as they claimed and that's the truth..

OK, you just shot yourself in the foot grin Which business organization does something like that? Don't you know that the most important virtue that a business organisation must have is integrity? So you think if this was their ModusOperandi they would be able to secure loans from banks and to secure international deals with foreign distribution companies?
So lets imagine the conversation between FilmOne and tax collectors -
FilmOne - here is our turnover for this year

Tax Auditor - Ermm, but I thought you claimed that you made so so amount from these movies, so why are we seeing lesser figures here?

FilmOne - *laughs out loud. Don't mind us jare, we were just trying to deceive the public, especially people like homesteady. Continues laughing.

Can you see how awkward the conversation is?

Concerning the research - That's the reason why Millions of Nigerians don't go to the cinema, although a minute reason because it would rather be they would wait to collect it from someone that has it. And it majorly applies to Hollywood movies because people download more Hollywood movies.
Re: The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days by badinfluence: 11:20am On Dec 21, 2017
homesteady:

OK, you just shot yourself in the foot grin Which business organization does something like that? Don't you know that the most important virtue that a business organisation must have is integrity? So you think if this was their ModusOperandi they would be able to secure loans from banks and to secure international deals with foreign distribution companies?
So lets imagine the conversation between FilmOne and tax collectors -
FilmOne - here is our turnover for this year

Tax Auditor - Ermm, but I thought you claimed that you made so so amount from these movies, so why are we seeing lesser figures here?

FilmOne - *laughs out loud. Don't mind us jare, we were just trying to deceive the public, especially people like homesteady. Continues laughing.

Can you see how awkward the conversation is?

Concerning the research - That's the reason why Millions of Nigerians don't go to the cinema, although a minute reason because it would rather be they would wait to collect it from someone that has it. And it majorly applies to Hollywood movies because people download more Hollywood movies.

When you start taking something too far.. You lose your point. Which you have lost.. Don't be naive on how the movie industry works. Your sample conversation is a clear example of the naivety you have about the industry. Business organizations use this strategy. Years back WWE(you know how big the company is) exaggerated figures on attendance, some Bollywood movies have been called out about box office earnings exaggerations( do your research) hollywood too. If Nigeria had transparent box office trackings and checks, this would have been made public. I wish you could see the records of tickets sold in cinemas, you would be amazed.

(1) (Reply)

Any Fan Of 'Charmed' Here? / Anchor Baby Is Now On DVD / Nigerians Must Boycott DSTV Now !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.