Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (45301 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by femi4: 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
Tolax17:

It's choice not being heartless. What about so many people(mostly young girls ) that fornicate severally, and many times abort. Many see it has normal. It's worst than refusing blood. Besides, is the patient that decide not to receive blood not her husband. She's an adult.
This story is fake
Go back and read this story, this time slowly.

One wickedness does not justify the other. Both are wickedness in God sight
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Odianose13(m): 9:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So wrong of the woman to try to usurp her husband's powers as the head of the house.
At least she died for what her husband believed in.

Thank God for her husband that he did not lose faith even at a difficult time.

Then why was the wife begging the husband to allow the doctor go ahead with the blood transfusion if she died believing?

The husband's act was pure foolishness to me tho. Christianity is not the way a lot of us go about it today.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Odianose13(m): 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2018
BestDataDeals:
I pity you all who believe this story and hence abuse Jehovah witnesses for something you know nothing about.

I am a Jehovah witness and I can say that if this happens, there are more than 1000 doctors in Nigeria that can treat that woman without blood.

You believe stories cooked up by lazy bloggers and start running your mouth like fools.

If one don’t die for what they believe in I wonder what else is there to die for

You are a Jehovah's witness, yet u call ur brethren fools. Be ashamed of ursef oga! U have just behaved non Christ-like!

I still respect the Jehovah's witness as a denomination

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by lilyheaven: 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Nope, according to JWs, after death you lay dead till resurrection day to repopulate the earth again.
grin grin
What about d new Jerusalem they talked about?
Or new Jerusalem, new earth.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Tolax17: 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
femi4:
Go back and read this story, this time slowly.

One wickedness does not justify the other. Both are wickedness in God sight
It's not wickedness but choice and what she believed in. St valentines died for love n till today he is celebrated. The woman chose to die for what she believed in and what's the big deal.
Besides the story is just an hoax.
Too many missing gap
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by mrakin(m): 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
Questions
1. Who died? The mother, or both?
2. When did the death occur? Before surgery or after?
3. Why were they not asked to go to a cooperative doctor or hospital?
4. Where were they coming from?

I want to suggest strongly that the story is fake or the so-called JW man is fake
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by femi4: 9:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
Tolax17:

It's not wickedness but choice and what she believed in. St valentines died for love n till today he is celebrated. The woman chose to die for what she believed in and what's the big deal.
Besides the story is just an hoax.
Too many missing gap
Stop lying....I guess you miss this line

The woman cried with her pale eyes and begged the husband to allow the doctors transfuse but he refused bluntly.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
I think I remember asking Dr. Uche this question on who signs the approval form during a ceasarian section, and he replied the woman EXCEPT she is not physically/emotionally balanced, then her husband or relative can assist. Truly, I see no reason why someone else should be responsible for my mode of delivery especially one that the doctor have already confirmed..

If this story is true, then, this is so painful cry. Where is our conscience first as humans over a borrowed religion?

On the flip side, what do intending couples discuss these days during courtship? Things like this should have been discussed and replies taken into consideration. I guess this is one of the reason most people around me feel every little change/misbehavior/act triggers as a red flag to me sad.

May her soul rest in peace..
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Awoo88: 11:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
kassano22:

You don't have all the facts, you weren't even there. Don't make quick judgements on issues you have little or no informations.
This same witnesses died because they refuse to take up arms and kill in wars. Please don't be the judge. We have a perfect judge already.
I have them as friends. Close friends!! I nearly lost a friend because of some similar nonsense about not taking blood transfusion.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Tolax17: 5:59am On Feb 20, 2018
femi4:
Stop lying....I guess you miss this line

The woman cried with her pale eyes and begged the husband to allow the doctors transfuse but he refused bluntly.

The story is a big lie. Foolish is the man who doesn't read a news paper. More foolish is that man that believes everything in it. (newspaper or media)
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kingPhidel(m): 6:17am On Feb 20, 2018
fpeter:
Why do you people lift stories from Facebook and other groups, this particular post came from Rant HQ on facebook.
LAZY BLOGGERS! undecided
sounding like a pained Jehovah's witness.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by mitchyy(f): 7:27am On Feb 20, 2018
Odianose13:

You are a Jehovah's witness, yet u call ur brethren fools. Be ashamed of ursef oga! U have just behaved non Christ-like!

I still respect the Jehovah's witness as a denomination

Thanks for not losing your respect for us because of that dude's misbehavior towards you.

Each JW is allowed to make their own choice she it comes to blood transfusion. We have a card signed card we carry with us that states our personal stand on blood transfusion so that even when we are unconscious, the card duly signed by us can speak for us and no one can override our decision. The woman can decide to take blood and the husband can't stop her. That is not what we are encouraged to do. We leave each person to decide for themselves.

That is why i totally disbelieve this story.

If we want to be attacked for our belief on not accepting blood transfusion, then its a totally different case. We will explain why. But this, is laden with falsehood.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by maasoap(m): 8:32am On Feb 20, 2018
kassano22:

Ask Google
'Bloodless surgery'
In Nigeria? For a pregnant woman who is in labour?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by maasoap(m): 8:34am On Feb 20, 2018
wazobianaija:

Imagine what you just said. Anyway, you can read more about alternative to blood transfusion. Make use of google, you will learn. The issue is that most naija doctors have refused to upgrade when it comes to issue of blood transfusion and this is because they are just too lazy.
You must have known better than the professionals themselves. Pathetic! For you to have even said that the Nigeria doctors are lazy says everything about you and your mindset. Only if you know the number of Nigeria doctors who are leaving the country annually to seek better working conditions and better pay abroad, you wouldn't call them lazy. A visit to a private hospital, state hospital or teaching hospital will help resetting your mindset.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by theocky244(m): 9:47am On Feb 20, 2018
please guys do not condemn or commend this man and his late wife, pls first read matthew : 16 :25 I think it says much on their act, then you can comment on what they've done
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
maasoap:

In Nigeria? For a pregnant woman who is in labour?
Yes in Nigeria
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by durodee(m): 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
wazobianaija:
Its obvious this story was cooked up to mislead the public about JW cos many things there does not add up. But, the op and others like him should remember that no amount of misleading informations on nairaland will change anything about JW.

Reasons why JW dont take blood:

Christians are commanded to ‘abstain from blood’
Acts 15:28, 29: “The holy spirit and we ourselves [the governing body of the Christian congregation] have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled [or, killed without draining their blood] and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (There the eating of blood is equated with idolatry and fornication, things that we should not want to engage in.)

Animal flesh may be eaten, but not the blood
Gen. 9:3, 4: “Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to you. Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.

Only sacrificial use of blood has ever been approved by God
Lev. 17:11, 12: “The soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have put it upon the altar for you to make atonement for your souls, because it is the blood that makes atonement by the soul in it. That is why I have said to the sons of Israel: ‘No soul of you must eat blood and no alien resident who is residing as an alien in your midst should eat blood.’” (All those animal sacrifices under the Mosaic Law foreshadowed the one sacrifice of Jesus Christ.)
Heb. 9:11-14, 22: “When Christ came as a high priest . . . he entered, no, not with the blood of goats and of young bulls, but with his own blood, once for all time into the holy place and obtained an everlasting deliverance for us. For if the blood of goats and of bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who have been defiled sanctifies to the extent of cleanness of the flesh, how much more will the blood of the Christ, who through an everlasting spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works that we may render sacred service to the living God? . . . Unless blood is poured out no forgiveness takes place.”
Eph. 1:7: “By means of him [Jesus Christ] we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his undeserved kindness.”

How did those who claimed to be Christians in early centuries C.E. understand the Bible’s commands regarding blood?
Tertullian (c. 160-230 C.E.): “Let your unnatural ways blush before the Christians. We do not even have the blood of animals at our meals, for these consist of ordinary food. . . . At the trials of Christians you [pagan Romans] offer them sausages filled with blood. You are convinced, of course, that the very thing with which you try to make them deviate from the right way is unlawful for them. How is it that, when you are confident that they will shudder at the blood of an animal, you believe they will pant eagerly after human blood?”—Tertullian, Apologetical Works, and Minucius Felix, Octavius (New York, 1950), translated by Emily Daly, p. 33.
Minucius Felix (third century C.E.): “So much do we shrink from human blood, that we do not use the blood even of eatable animals in our food.”—The Ante-Nicene Fathers (Grand Rapids, Mich.; 1956), edited by A. Roberts and J. Donaldson, Vol. IV, p. 192.
Blood Transfusions

Does the Bible’s prohibition include human blood?
Yes, and early Christians understood it that way. Acts 15:29 says to “keep abstaining from . . . blood.” It does not say merely to abstain from animal blood. (Compare Leviticus 17:10, which prohibited eating “any sort of blood.”) Tertullian (who wrote in defense of the beliefs of early Christians) stated: “The interdict upon ‘blood’ we shall understand to be (an interdict) much more upon human blood.”—The Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. IV, p. 86.

Is a transfusion really the same as eating blood?
In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth, he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to “keep abstaining from . . . blood”? (Acts 15:29) To use a comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?

In the case of a patient that refuses blood, are there any alternative treatments?

Often simple saline solution, Ringer’s solution, and dextran can be used as plasma volume expanders, and these are available in nearly all modern hospitals. Actually, the risks that go with use of blood transfusions are avoided by using these substances. The Canadian Anaesthetists’ Society Journal (January 1975, p. 12) says: “The risks of blood transfusion are the advantages of plasma substitutes: avoidance of bacterial or viral infection, transfusion reactions and Rh sensitization.” Jehovah’s Witnesses have no religious objection to the use of nonblood plasma expanders.
Jehovah’s Witnesses actually benefit from better medical treatment because they do not accept blood. A doctor writing in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (June 1, 1968, p. 395) acknowledged: “There is no doubt that the situation where you [the surgeon] are operating without the possibility of transfusion tends to improve your surgery. You are a little bit more aggressive in clamping every bleeding vessel.”
All types of surgery can be performed successfully without blood transfusions. This includes open-heart operations, brain surgery, amputation of limbs, and total removal of cancerous organs. Writing in the New York State Journal of Medicine (October 15, 1972, p. 2527), Dr. Philip Roen said: “We have not hesitated to perform any and all indicated surgical procedures in the face of proscribed blood replacement.” Dr. Denton Cooley, at the Texas Heart Institute, said: “We became so impressed with the results [from using nonblood plasma expanders] on the Jehovah’s Witnesses that we started using the procedure on all our heart patients.” (The San Diego Union, December 27, 1970, p. A-10) “‘Bloodless’ open-heart surgery, originally developed for adult members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses sect because their religion forbids blood transfusions, now has been safely adapted for use in delicate cardiac procedures in infants and children.”—Cardiovascular News, February 1984 p. 5

culled from jw.org

Sir, I listened to your arguments but found it faulty in many front sir. The soul CANNOT continue to exist in the body without blood. The blood carries many things the body needs especially OXYGEN. As a DOCTOR you can only MANAGE what is AVAILABLE by not wasting what you have when you have to do surgeries. In cases of emergencies, the blood may have been lost and you have very little to work with from the onset, hence the need for blood. Use of blood alternatives , plasma expanders etc are temporary measures to boost what is available pending when blood will be available- either produced by the body, which take days or by blood transfusion which works immediately.
To use you own analogy, doctors restrict patients to take food by mouth after some surgeries but that does not prevent taking nutrients and nourishment from other routes including the use of intravenous drips.

To put it in the right perspective, I have close friends that are JW. I love them and care extremely for them. I have operated on some , really major surgeries, without blood transfusion taking all the necessary precautions but I always make it clear: if you REALLY need blood and it is not given , then you can not survive.

To sum it up, as of today,anywhere you are in the world, blood is necessary for life; without it you die!
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Hairyrapunzel: 9:56pm On Feb 21, 2018
MVLOX:

And you and most pple here also failed to note that people reject TRANSFUSION and also LIVE.

You and your jw colleagues here also failed to note that People reject transfusion and die. People also accept blood transfusion and live.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Hairyrapunzel: 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:

So it was abstain from animal blood that you see there ?

Like it was abstain from blood transfusion or human blood you saw there. Mtcheww
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Hairyrapunzel: 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
wazobianaija:
Its obvious this story was cooked up to mislead the public about JW cos many things there does not add up. But, the op and others like him should remember that no amount of misleading informations on nairaland will change anything about JW.

The story isn't cooked up. It is real. Stop trying so hard to hide the evil side of your cult

Reasons why JW dont take blood:

Christians are commanded to ‘abstain from blood’
Acts 15:28, 29: “The holy spirit and we ourselves [the governing body of the Christian congregation] have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled [or, killed without draining their blood] and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (There the eating of blood is equated with idolatry and fornication, things that we should not want to engage in.)

Your governing body even puts themselves on the same level as the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit didn't tell you blood transfusion is bad your governing body and past leaders excluding Rutherford and taze said so.

Animal flesh may be eaten, but not the blood
Gen. 9:3, 4: “Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to you. Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.

Even your Bible you can't comprehend.it made mention of animal blood. Yet still no mention of blood transfusion a medical procedure used to save life. Nobody said humans should be eaten

[
b]Only sacrificial use of blood has ever been approved by God[/b]
Lev. 17:11, 12: “The soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have put it upon the altar for you to make atonement for your souls, because it is the blood that makes atonement by the soul in it. That is why I have said to the sons of Israel: ‘No soul of you must eat blood and no alien resident who is residing as an alien in your midst should eat blood.’” (All those animal sacrifices under the Mosaic Law foreshadowed the one sacrifice of Jesus Christ.)
Heb. 9:11-14, 22: “When Christ came as a high priest . . . he entered, no, not with the blood of goats and of young bulls, but with his own blood, once for all time into the holy place and obtained an everlasting deliverance for us. For if the blood of goats and of bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who have been defiled sanctifies to the extent of cleanness of the flesh, how much more will the blood of the Christ, who through an everlasting spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works that we may render sacred service to the living God? . . . Unless blood is poured out no forgiveness takes place.”
Eph. 1:7: “By means of him [Jesus Christ] we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his undeserved kindness.”

Still Jesus Christ did not tell you that it is a bad thing using blood transfusion to save life. Maybe your Jehovah will have a problem with a medical procedure used to prolong life hear on the real earth.

Does the Bible’s prohibition include human blood?
Yes, and early Christians understood it that way. Acts 15:29 says to “keep abstaining from . . . blood.” It does not say merely to abstain from animal blood. (Compare Leviticus 17:10, which prohibited eating “any sort of blood.”) Tertullian (who wrote in defense of the beliefs of early Christians) stated: “The interdict upon ‘blood’ we shall understand to be (an interdict) much more upon human blood.”—The Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. IV, p. 86.

Assumptions made for the early Christians by your self appointed leaders as usual. Well, the early Christians had no idea of blood transfusion. You can't change that. You cannot even assume for them on this. At the end of the day the ban on blood transfusion is an assumption made by watchtower because their leader in 1945 was an illiterate and had no idea on what blood transfusion was at that time. He just assumed it was bad and formulated theories based on the assumption that blood transfusion was included.

Is a transfusion really the same as eating blood?
In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth, he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to “keep abstaining from . . . blood”? (Acts 15:29) To use a comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?

What sort of rubbish and deceitful explanation about blood transfusion is this? When a patient cannot eat, hypoglycemia is what will kill the patient while if a patient is bleeding profusely, hemorrhagic shock will kill the person. Parenteral nutrition is not the same and is different from blood transfusion. Intravenous fluid infusion is different from blood transfusion. Intravenous fluid infusion is not synonymous with fluid drinking or fluid eating.
That your alcoholic patient argument you people are always using can also be used this way:
If doctor prescribes using intravenous alcohol as treatment for a disease, both the alcoholic and non alcoholic will gladly accept.
In real life your explanation is unrealistic. Alcohol is a drink and can never be used iV. If you like quit or continue alcohol intake the fact still remains that it can't be taken intravenously. Doctors can't prescribe it.
On the other hand, blood transfusion is acceptable real life situation. It ain't food and doctors will give you when you're in dire need. Especially in life and death situation.
Last last no sensible explanation or reference that classifies blood transfusion as blood eating.

[
b]
In the case of a patient that refuses blood, are there any alternative treatments?[/b]
Often simple saline solution, Ringer’s solution, and dextran can be used as plasma volume expanders, and these are available in nearly all modern hospitals.
In all modern hospitals today No onewill give use all these things you listed when your hemoglobin level is less than 5g per dl. In all mordern hospitals today if you have acute massive blood loss the treatment is blood transfusion. In all modern hospitals today, doctors will give children blood transfusion if they need it irrespective of the parents beliefs. In all modern hospitals today blood transfusion is the only second line treatment for failure of those things you listed while there is no second line for blood transfusion procedure.

Actually, the risks that go with use of blood transfusions are avoided by using these substances. The Canadian Anaesthetists’ Society Journal (January 1975, p. 12) says: “The risks of blood transfusion are the advantages of plasma substitutes: avoidance of bacterial or viral infection, transfusion reactions and Rh sensitization.”
I don't think you have read this journal yourself. I think you quoted it from you website the way it is written there. For your information 1975 is a very old scientific journal to be referencing. Watchtower ought to be ashamed of their deceitful nature.
There are also disadvantages of using plasma substitutes in place of blood transfusion death, fluid overload, viral and bacterial infection.
There are risks involved in all medical procedures.
As there are disadvantages, so are advantages present for blood transfusions. Your leaders forgot to tell you that everything that has a disadvantage has an advantage also. For every 4.5million transfusions that will take place yearly only about 60 transfusion related adverse reactions will be recorded. Your leaders are biased lunatics. They have to always present a biased and cunning view of blood transfusion to make their beliefs acceptable.

Jehovah’s Witnesses have no religious objection to the use of nonblood plasma expanders.
Jehovah’s Witnesses actually benefit from better medical treatment because they do not accept blood. A doctor writing in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (June 1, 1968, p. 395) acknowledged
Compare medical treatment in 1968 to recent times. No wonder you people still think all patients who receive blood transfusion must come down with transfusion related reactions.

: “
There is no doubt that the situation where you [the surgeon] are operating without the possibility of transfusion tends to improve your surgery. You are a little bit more aggressive in clamping every bleeding vessel.”
You lie. Quote your source. I guess watchtower magazines. Sorry we don't accept these in the scientific and medical world.

All types of surgery can be performed successfully without blood transfusions. This includes open-heart operations, brain surgery, amputation of limbs, and total removal of cancerous organs.
There you go again presenting a distorted and biased views of surgical procedures. Yes surgeries can be performed successfully without blood transfusions but not all surgeries can be performed without blood transfusions. Certain People will require it.

Writing in the New York State Journal of Medicine (October 15, 1972, p. 2527), Dr. Philip Roen said: “We have not hesitated to perform any and all indicated surgical procedures in the face of proscribed blood replacement
What was the outcome of all the surgeries performed? I guess it wasn't stated.

.”
Dr. Denton Cooley, at the Texas Heart Institute, said: “We became so impressed with the results [from using nonblood plasma expanders] on the Jehovah’s Witnesses that we started using the procedure on all our heart patients.”
Yes they used the procedure on all their heart patient. I guess all their patients had planned surgeries done. None of the patient was an emergency procedure done for someone
Who had acute massive hemorrhage with a hemoglobin concentration of less than 5g/dl and circulatory collapse.

(
The San Diego Union, December 27, 1970, p. A-10) “‘Bloodless’ open-heart surgery, originally developed for adult members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses sect because their religion forbids blood transfusions, now has been safely adapted for use in delicate cardiac procedures in infants and children.”—Cardiovascular News, February 1984 p. 5
It has been safely adapted. It didn't say used only in cardiac procedures in infants and children of jws. In Developed countries he USA where your leaders reside, children and infants will be given blood transfusion when the require it even if their parents object to it and their parents can not sue the doctor or the hospital.

culled from jw.org

Is only from jw. Org you can get rubbish like this.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by CAPTIVATOR: 12:47am On Feb 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Like it was abstain from blood transfusion or human blood you saw there. Mtcheww
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Hairyrapunzel: 10:44am On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=CAPTIVATOR post=65269114][/quote]

That's why you have to assume that the early Christians said you should abstain from blood transfusion and human blood. Well, this is expected from someone that is constantly reminded by 8 old men in New York that if you accept blood transfusion their Jehovah will kill you in Armageddon while if you refuse blood transfusion he will spare your or if you die in the process you will be resurrected to paradise earth. All these assumptions drilled into your head everyday.

Last last fear did not allow you underline the transfusion there. Lol.
All this because you don't wanna die alongside non jws in Armageddon and so you will be petting pandas in summer, Lions and tigers forever.
Be living in bondage and be calling it religion.
Your leaders tell you that your God will be happy with you if you refuse a medical procedure without biblical verses to prove it. Your kind of God must be a prick and a sadist then.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by dany4life(m): 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The story isn't cooked up. It is real. Stop trying so hard to hide the evil side of your cult

Your governing body even puts themselves on the same level as the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit didn't tell you blood transfusion is bad your governing body and past leaders excluding Rutherford and taze said so.

Even your Bible you can't comprehend.it made mention of animal blood. Yet still no mention of blood transfusion a medical procedure used to save life. Nobody said humans should be eaten

[

Still Jesus Christ did not tell you that it is a bad thing using blood transfusion to save life. Maybe your Jehovah will have a problem with a medical procedure used to prolong life hear on the real earth.

Assumptions made for the early Christians by your self appointed leaders as usual. Well, the early Christians had no idea of blood transfusion. You can't change that. You cannot even assume for them on this. At the end of the day the ban on blood transfusion is an assumption made by watchtower because their leader in 1945 was an illiterate and had no idea on what blood transfusion was at that time. He just assumed it was bad and formulated theories based on the assumption that blood transfusion was included.

What sort of rubbish and deceitful explanation about blood transfusion is this? When a patient cannot eat, hypoglycemia is what will kill the patient while if a patient is bleeding profusely, hemorrhagic shock will kill the person. Parenteral nutrition is not the same and is different from blood transfusion. Intravenous fluid infusion is different from blood transfusion. Intravenous fluid infusion is not synonymous with fluid drinking or fluid eating.
That your alcoholic patient argument you people are always using can also be used this way:
If doctor prescribes using intravenous alcohol as treatment for a disease, both the alcoholic and non alcoholic will gladly accept.
In real life your explanation is unrealistic. Alcohol is a drink and can never be used iV. If you like quit or continue alcohol intake the fact still remains that it can't be taken intravenously. Doctors can't prescribe it.
On the other hand, blood transfusion is acceptable real life situation. It ain't food and doctors will give you when you're in dire need. Especially in life and death situation.
Last last no sensible explanation or reference that classifies blood transfusion as blood eating.

[
In all modern hospitals today No onewill give use all these things you listed when your hemoglobin level is less than 5g per dl. In all mordern hospitals today if you have acute massive blood loss the treatment is blood transfusion. In all modern hospitals today, doctors will give children blood transfusion if they need it irrespective of the parents beliefs. In all modern hospitals today blood transfusion is the only second line treatment for failure of those things you listed while there is no second line for blood transfusion procedure.

I don't think you have read this journal yourself. I think you quoted it from you website the way it is written there. For your information 1975 is a very old scientific journal to be referencing. Watchtower ought to be ashamed of their deceitful nature.
There are also disadvantages of using plasma substitutes in place of blood transfusion death, fluid overload, viral and bacterial infection.
There are risks involved in all medical procedures.
As there are disadvantages, so are advantages present for blood transfusions. Your leaders forgot to tell you that everything that has a disadvantage has an advantage also. For every 4.5million transfusions that will take place yearly only about 60 transfusion related adverse reactions will be recorded. Your leaders are biased lunatics. They have to always present a biased and cunning view of blood transfusion to make their beliefs acceptable.

Compare medical treatment in 1968 to recent times. No wonder you people still think all patients who receive blood transfusion must come down with transfusion related reactions.

: “
You lie. Quote your source. I guess watchtower magazines. Sorry we don't accept these in the scientific and medical world.

There you go again presenting a distorted and biased views of surgical procedures. Yes surgeries can be performed successfully without blood transfusions but not all surgeries can be performed without blood transfusions. Certain People will require it.

What was the outcome of all the surgeries performed? I guess it wasn't stated.

.”
Yes they used the procedure on all their heart patient. I guess all their patients had planned surgeries done. None of the patient was an emergency procedure done for someone
Who had acute massive hemorrhage with a hemoglobin concentration of less than 5g/dl and circulatory collapse.

(
It has been safely adapted. It didn't say used only in cardiac procedures in infants and children of jws. In Developed countries he USA where your leaders reside, children and infants will be given blood transfusion when the require it even if their parents object to it and their parents can not sue the doctor or the hospital.

Is only from jw. Org you can get rubbish like this.

it's a pity that your comments are filled with all sort's of insults and malicious bitterness, You don't need to be insultive to comment or make a point, You Guy's should use your strength for other useful things and stop allowing yourselfs to be manipulated by blogger's seeking attention the storyline simply tells us it's fictitious it never happened, no doctor will transfer the right of a talking sick patient to the husband to decide it's unconstitutional, even discussing the woman medical condition in the public for all to hear, and even took the story teller to the theatre where they discussed and the woman begging the husband. Don't be dragged into media war because of this!!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Hairyrapunzel: 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2018
dany4life:
it's a pity that your comments are filled with all sort's of insults and malicious bitterness, You don't need to be insultive to comment or make a point, You Guy's should use your strength for other useful things and stop allowing yourselfs to be manipulated by blogger's seeking attention the storyline simply tells us it's fictitious it never happened, no doctor will transfer the right of a talking sick patient to the husband to decide it's unconstitutional, even discussing the woman medical condition in the public for all to hear, and even took the story teller to the theatre where they discussed and the woman begging the husband. Don't be dragged into media war because of this!!

Your doctrine is responsible for the loss of life of jws Most especially pregnant women and children (in developing countries)
If you don't want my comments to continue, Then stop the deceitful, distorted and biased explanation regarding blood transfusion.

My views are not malicious. The fact is that they are contrary to your views. You can't be lying about blood transfusion and giving false medical statements about autologous blood transfusion aka bloodless surgery to make your beliefs acceptable.

Saying my view is malicious is a gross understatement. You can't deal with people having different views and not agreeing with you. Your leaders told you that blood transfusion is bad simple. Don't try to sugarcoat it and say it is the Bible that told you so.

Your doctrines and your beliefs are cruel to you people.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by soliq55(m): 6:18am On Feb 23, 2018
Story is most likely fake. As far as medical law goes, the wife does not need the permission of her husband in order to consent to treatments or procedures as long as she is competent. From the description of the story the woman seemed competent.

I believe the law applies irrespective of religion. Please research on the legal aspects of medicine before turning this into a thread on religious war.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 23, 2018
bigtt76:
Prior to going for an operation, the patient get their blood in a blood bank and if they need transfusion, they are given back their own blood. JW member's grouse is not with transfusion as a whole but being infused a blood from another person.

This is not movies dear ....even men going for cancer treatment have their sp3rms stored so that they can always fall back to that if the treatment affected their fertility.

try and read wide dear to learn more!

Crap. JWs have problems with transfusion. It isn't about someone else's blood. It is about blood transfusion.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by bigtt76(f): 9:39am On Feb 23, 2018
You are right though about JWs beliefs about blood transfusion as noted here - https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-why-no-blood-transfusions/

However it is not crap the idea of ways to manage patients who are likely to reject blood transfusion because of their beliefs as noted here - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4260316/

Have a lovely day ahead.

AkunnaTochi:
Crap. JWs have problems with transfusion. It isn't about someone else's blood. It is about blood transfusion.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by dany4life(m): 9:12am On Feb 24, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Your doctrine is responsible for the loss of life of jws Most especially pregnant women and children (in developing countries)
If you don't want my comments to continue, Then stop the deceitful, distorted and biased explanation regarding blood transfusion.

My views are not malicious. The fact is that they are contrary to your views. You can't be lying about blood transfusion and giving false medical statements about autologous blood transfusion aka bloodless surgery to make your beliefs acceptable.

Saying my view is malicious is a gross understatement. You can't deal with people having different views and not agreeing with you. Your leaders told you that blood transfusion is bad simple. Don't try to sugarcoat it and say it is the Bible that told you so.

Your doctrines and your beliefs are cruel to you people.
Pele oo!! anyone whose comment is not in line with yours is labeld a Jehovah's witness, called names, insulted, no body is telling you not to have your view but dont insult others, Reason in the line of my comment, the story is just a manipulation of a blogger, seeking attention, if you know which hospital did the story happen, what is doctors name, the hospital address, and the national daily that reported the news, And authority that authenticate the story, if you read my comment again you will understand my summation, (a blogger will just post a picture of an accident with a write up Christian travelling for a church program and ambushed by Muslims With ak47 and knife's!) Unsuspecting Nigerians will go into word Match and war on social media and on the streets, let's not be a victim!!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Hairyrapunzel: 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
dany4life:
Pele oo!! anyone whose comment is not in line with yours is labeld a Jehovah's witness, called names, insulted, no body is telling you not to have your view but dont insult others, Reason in the line of my comment, the story is just a manipulation of a blogger, seeking attention, if you know which hospital did the story happen, what is doctors name, the hospital address, and the national daily that reported the news, And authority that authenticate the story, if you read my comment again you will understand my summation, (a blogger will just post a picture of an accident with a write up Christian travelling for a church program and ambushed by Muslims With ak47 and knife's!) Unsuspecting Nigerians will go into word Match and war on social media and on the streets, let's not be a victim!!

Not all bloggers are liars dear and not all bloggers will describe the opposite of an event. This is something you don't know and that's because those 8 guys in New York keep lying to you guys. Don't judge all bloggers the way you judge one. Stop the black and white thinking. This one is very true. I have seen it happen so many times. Most especially with children and pregnant women whom their parents and husbands refuse blood transfusion. Don't try to sugar coat your evil doctrine. All bloggers can't be saying the same thing. It shows there is truth in their words
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by eyinjuege: 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Not all bloggers are liars dear and not all bloggers will describe the opposite of an event. This is something you don't know and that's because those 8 guys in New York keep lying to you guys. Don't judge all bloggers the way you judge one. Stop the black and white thinking. This one is very true. I have seen it happen so many times. Most especially with children and pregnant women whom their parents and husbands refuse blood transfusion. Don't try to sugar coat your evil doctrine. All bloggers can't be saying the same thing. It shows there is truth in their words

The truth is, the doctrine might be a dangerous belief, putting a lot of people at risk.
It is however still their decision, their beliefs, their choice.
They have the right to refuse any form of medical treatment and they can exercise that right provided the person in question is not a child, is not mentally incapacitated. Even if unconscious, its important to still stick by what the person would have wanted.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Hairyrapunzel: 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
eyinjuege:

The truth is, the doctrine might be a dangerous belief, putting a lot of people at risk.
It is however still their decision, their beliefs, their choice.
They have the right to refuse any form of medical treatment and they can exercise that right provided the person in question is not a child, is not mentally incapacitated. Even if unconscious, its important to still stick by what the person would have wanted.

Even neonates, infants, children, and teenagers can speak for themselves. It's what they want abi?
Unconscious people who maybe would have changed their mind if they had the chance about?
The doctrine is evil. For you to say it's what neonates, infants, children, teenagers and unconscious people would want is the most horrible and inhumane thing I have ever heard. If Your Jehovah made this statement, the he is something no sane human would ever associate with.
Well, maybe no God said so it's just some mere humans based in New York City that said so. Who I personally feel are just psychopaths.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities / Wedding Invitation Of Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong / Simput Eagles Dafup Arrested By DSS For Converting Muslim Girl To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.