Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (45302 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by buffalowings4: 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
RELEASEUS:
Yes we do. I dont know if you understand what I mean by liaison, but in case they are hospitals where the management have agreed to treat and operate our members without blood transfusion. They are allover the place in every state and almost all LG.

Well, I don't just seem aware of medical facilities in Nigeria that do bloodless surgeries.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Onyenna(m): 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
kennybelle:
this story looks cooked. are u saying you followed the doctor back to the theatre where the pregnant woman was, and u were there when she was asked of her other relatives? Jehovah's witnesses dnt accept blood but they're are not as heartless and brutal as you just described.

My mum once told me about a man who let his father die because their church was against blood transfusion..... So many people have died in Nigeria because of this same stupid reason but only few are reported in the media.... It's so damn appalling!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kentebemoney: 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2018
RELEASEUS:
Story is fabricated no doubt. As a JW we know its a false story because we dont just go to any hospital even in emergencies. We have liaison hospitals and officers everywhere and locality in the whole world. This person is a complete liar and I cannot insult him but will leave him to his conscience.

Na lie u dey lie joor
One carton wife died in my area, KUJE general hospital Abuja, almost the same scenario
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:
It is written in the Bible ' Abstain from blood ' Act 15:29

Am surprised many castigating these People also claim to be Christians as well .

Indeed, the road to life Is Narrow/Tight , only few can walk in it .

The Apostle were talking about animal blood here. I will give my life blood to save a life just as JESUS CHRIST gave his life blood to save the world eternally.

That man will be held responsible by God for the death his wife, except he repent.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by CAPTIVATOR: 2:58pm On Feb 19, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

The Apostle were talking about animal blood here. I will give my life blood to save a life just as JESUS CHRIST gave his life blood to save the world eternally.

That man will be held responsible by God for the death his wife, except he repent.

So it was abstain from animal blood that you see there ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
give us the name of the man, he must be one of this Yoruba men, hiding under religion , he don use the woman and the unborn child do ritual
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by pozolana(m): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
[quote author=CAPTIVATOR post=65197657]

So it was abstain from animal blood that you see there ?

[/So tell me, What did u see. Bunch of ignorant of the word of God. JW, Tufiakwa
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by lilyheaven: 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
ThisShouldBeFun:
is u OK?
grin grin grin
I did not say anything o.
I'm not a member.
But each time they knock at my gate, they will say new Jerusalem,
Only 144 humans will go to heaven, the rest! New Jerusalem.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by lilyheaven: 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
Lilimax:
undecided
The man and his husband
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by CAPTIVATOR: 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
[quote author=pozolana post=65198142][/quote]

Why not show us where it was specified as " animal blood " in that verse ?

Abstain from BLOOD. Very clear ! Blood .
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by mustafa006: 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
when will thos stone age mentality live my Africa
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Mup4life: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2018
wazobianaija:

Yes, your grouse should be with the doctors for knowing an alternative but refused to use it because they are lazy.
And knowing the state of public hospitals in nigeria, you can confidently say these alternatives are at the doctors beck and call during an emergency?

If the doctrine is so very important to you, you should have your own manpower(doctors trained for your specific needs) and hospitals who will attend to your members needs period.

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by PETUK(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
Treasure17:
These people with their weird beliefs. Don't know when transfusion of blood is now a crime.
if you ever read the Bible you'll know it's wrong

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by dalass(f): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
nnekaike:
No Man or hospital will leave a woman in labour for 3days,once a woman is in labour 12 hours sef with success, its Emergency CS straight. Ask any doctor.
Husband: Same thing they said from the hospital she has been in the last 3 days of labour. We are Jehovah witness, we don't accept unknown blood. Quoted from the story.. Some hospitals can waste people's lives joor.. I have ladies I know personally who recounted how many days they were in labour.. Especially these private clinics.. Greed and money they want to make won't let them refer patients
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by baysol: 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
Lilimax:
'Ndu Uka akpa' aka Jehova witness will never cease to amaze me shocked
This man just decided to kill his wife for no reason
It's high time they looked into these their archaic beliefs and doctrines...embarassed
Why put other people matter for head so much for something you don't understand. Perhaps, you should read more about this blood issue before you start judging the poor man. The guy that slapped him and kicked him should be in jail by now for assaulting a person. RIP to the wife, why you people not devote even half a page for all the nonsense your pastors and bishops perpetrate in the name of religion? Blood transfusion is not a guarantee for life. Even if a bucket of blood is given. What people fail to understand is that blood is sacred and should be treated with respect hence the insistence of the husband. What people should use as a lesson here, is the fact that Nigerian hospitals lack adequate care that are needed and it should be noted that there are many alternatives to blood treatments that Jehovah's witnesses accept that should have been offered to the woman in the first place. The Hospital/clinic does not look like the right place of referral in the first place and many things along the line might have gone wrong due to emotions and judgement against the couple.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Treasure17(m): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2018
PETUK:
if you ever read the Bible you'll know it's wrong
To save a life? Please tell me more
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Mup4life: 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
MVLOX:

I would have said these pple bring the so much frustration their religious leaders heap on them and wanna use the Jehovah witnesses to pass time. Ohh I said it already. Please try to tell us of countless people who accept transfusion and still die next time. Anyway its not a new topic. Somewhere out there, there is another person packaging a similar story. Bring it on, no be 2day
And you also fail to note that people accept TRANSFUSION and also LIVES.

So people do not die after your blodless TREATMENTS? Tell me something brother.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by eyinjuege: 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
bigtt76:
Prior to going for an operation, the patient get their blood in a blood bank and if they need transfusion, they are given back their own blood. JW member's grouse is not with transfusion as a whole but being infused a blood from another person.

This is not movies dear ....even men going for cancer treatment have their sp3rms stored so that they can always fall back to that if the treatment affected their fertility.

try and read wide dear to learn more!

Their blood cannot be stored more than 3 months (except frozen blood, which is not routinely done). They cannot keep donating blood every 3 months either.
A pregnant woman shouldn't donate blood, so once she got pregnant, she can't donate her blood.
Pregnancy and labour has many complications that may occur with it like anemia, bleeding from blood loss etc, most timea unexpected.
Not all surgeries are planned. Some come as emergencies, and that's the problem for JW.
Anyway, their drs can only but try. Anyone who has a significant acute blood loss will need transfusion of blood, and nothing else.

Mup4life:
And knowing the state of public hospitals in nigeria, you can confidently say these alternatives are at the doctors beck and call during an emergency?

If the doctrine is so very important to you, you should have your own manpower(doctors trained for your specific needs) and hospitals who will attend to your members needs period.

You have raised a very important point. Blood can be frozen and stored for years. I'm not sure that facility is available in Nigeria, because even abroad they dont freeze red blood cells just like that.
Maybe their organization can make a standard blood bank for their members to freeze their blood when healthy for such a case as this.
That's a lot of resources though to do such, massive, massive funds will be needed.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Mup4life: 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
baysol:

Why put other people matter for head so much for something you don't understand. Perhaps, you should read more about this blood issue before you start judging the poor man. The guy that slapped him and kicked him should be in jail by now for assaulting a person. RIP to the wife, why you people not devote even half a page for all the nonsense your pastors and bishops perpetrate in the name of religion? Blood transfusion is not a guarantee for life. Even if a bucket of blood is given. What people fail to understand is that blood is sacred and should be treated with respect hence the insistence of the husband. What people should use as a lesson here, is the fact that Nigerian hospitals lack adequate care that are needed and it should be noted that there are many alternatives to blood treatments that Jehovah's witnesses accept that should have been offered to the woman in the first place. The Hospital/clinic does not look like the right place of referral in the first place and many things along the line might have gone wrong due to emotions and judgement against the couple.
This is arrant rubbish, blood is sacred and should be treated with respect? Trying to use this sacred blood to save a humans life is disrespect to you?

And using alternative blood treatments is guarantee of life?

My brother read your bible very well laws and doctrines are meant to be broken, even jesus was judged for failing to observe the sabbath day. You are not more obedient than him.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 4:27pm On Feb 19, 2018
All these cooked up stories
Metchew
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
madgoat:
Fake story... Since the woman was conscious and agreed to have blood transfusion, the husband's say is not needed. Theres no way the woman would have consented and the doctors will refuse
exactly what I thought, the woman was still conscious and should have insisted on what she wanted.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
maasoap:

See contradiction!
Brainwashed brother, what will doctors use in the place of blood?
Ask Google
'Bloodless surgery'
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Orpe7(m): 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
Same thing happened when i was working with lagos state blood transfusion years back. The pregnant needed blood badly on the brink of death the husband caved in o.
Beg the doctors to transfuse her that it will remain their own secret.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
Mup4life:
And you also fail to note that people accept TRANSFUSION and also LIVES.

So people do not die after your blodless TREATMENTS? Tell me something brother.
People die after taking blood transfusion
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Orpe7(m): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2018
kassano22:
exactly what I thought, the woman was still conscious and should have insisted on what she wanted.

It is not fake. I have seen the same happen while i worked for lagos state blood transfusion years back. But the husband caved in when they wife pleaded that she didnt want to die
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Mup4life: 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
kassano22:

People die after taking blood transfusion
And people don't die after taking blodless treatments
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
Mup4life:
And people don't die after taking blodless treatments
We all die someday but dying for what you believe should not be in question. She made a decision when she became a witness and we should respect that.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by beautifulage(f): 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So wrong of the woman to try to usurp her husband's powers as the head of the house.
At least she died for what her husband believed in.

Thank God for her husband that he did not lose faith even at a difficult time.

may you never find yourself in that position and please when you do keep to your faith because if you don't I pray you still don't survive it bcoz if it is your sister that died such careless death you will be happy abi Jehovah's who made doctor didn't know what he was doing kukuma don't take drugs it is a sin took mtcheeeeew
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by beautifulage(f): 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
kassano22:

We all die someday but dying for what you believe should not be in question. She made a decision when she became a witness and we should respect that.
there is a part she begged her husband to sign which means she didn't agree to die a careless death
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by beautifulage(f): 4:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
kassano22:

Ask Google
'Bloodless surgery'
this can only happen when the patient has enough blood she didn't she was low on it already her case was already complicated
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
beautifulage:
there is a part she begged her husband to sign which means she didn't agree to die a careless death
Yes I don't even believe that part because I wasn't there
But you know you aren't to swallow everything you read on the internet hook line and sinker. Stories are always distorted. What if this blogger is a sworn hater of the witnesses?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
beautifulage:
this can only happen when the patient has enough blood she didn't she was low on it already her case was already complicated
You don't know all the facts to this case so don't conclude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities / Wedding Invitation Of Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong / Simput Eagles Dafup Arrested By DSS For Converting Muslim Girl To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.