Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,763 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (45312 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by just2endowed: 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
Amagite2:
A Nigerian man has narrated how a Jehovah's Witness refused blood transfusion for his pregnant wife and watched her die in the hospital.

According to Ajayi Afolabi, he gave the man a slap for the act. Read the story below...

"So, I was at a General Hospital in Lagos while an heavily pregnant woman was rushed in on child labour. She was immediately taken to the theater and after some mins, one ofthe lead doctors came out to request for the husband ofthe pregnant lady.
DOC: Your wife is short of blood. She needs an immediate blood transfusion.

Husband: Same thing they said from the hospital she has been in the last 3 days of labour. We are Jehovah witness, we don't accept unknown blood.

DOC: This is highly important to save your wife's life and the unborn baby.

Husband: We have worked for the lord with all our strength, he can't fail us, she can't die.

DOC: I may need to proceed forcefully if you don't accept.
Husband: Then be ready to face the law in court.

So the doctor went back to the theater, asked the woman if she has another relative close by who can sign to receive blood while she was wheeled out of the theater. The woman cried with her pale eyes and begged the husband to allow the doctors transfuse but he refused bluntly. I was so angry and I walked up to him. Tried convincing but he was so adamant and stubborn.

Some mins later, the doctors asked him to take his wife to LUTH, for better health care facilities that could condole non blood transfusion. He was requested to get an ambulance for transportation. To my surprise, this nigga got a Volvo stretcher ambulance meant for dead people. Gosh, so angry at this point.
Called a couple of people around and I aided a quick release of a proper life saving ambulance. While wheeling this woman to the ambulance after wasting about 4hours, she gave up in tears and was later confirmed that the unborn baby also died.

Wow! What a wicked world in the name of a borrowed religion. Then the husband bursted into tears. I didn't do much, I moved close, looked straight into his eyes, slapped and gave him a couple kicks which later threw the whole general hospital into chaos.

I later reminisced over it the following day and asked myself this questions; why would I allow my loved one die in the name of a religion? Should the religion save lives or kill?
"

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/02/jehovahs-witness-refused-blood-transfusion-pregnant-wife-till-died.html

i think the Husband can be sue in court of competent jurisdiction for manslaughter....and the doc self was a disappointment. Since a patient could accept the blood transfusion, he should have ignore the husband order. What the doc need is evident that the wife said go ahead-Video phone.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kidajoshforreal(m): 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
quentin06:
any religion that prevents us from doing the right thing is PACKAGED STUPIDITY.
i refuse to be a drone for conmen in collars, amsure his he will be well celebrated in his church for keeping the faith, he only shed fake tears another log of wood will be given to him as wife
they don't ask you to abstain from blood buh wen u read this urself from d bible you surely will know dey re doing d rite thing

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kidajoshforreal(m): 1:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
just2endowed:

i think the Husband can be sue in court of competent jurisdiction for manslaughter....and the doc self was a disappointment. Since a patient could accept the blood transfusion, he should have ignore the husband order. What the doc need is evident that the wife said go ahead-Video phone.

and den a lawyer will also b raised against both d doc and d other lawyer
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by marvin904(m): 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
kennybelle:
this story looks cooked. are u saying you followed the doctor back to the theatre where the pregnant woman was, and u were there when she was asked of her other relatives? Jehovah's witnesses dnt accept blood but they're are not as heartless and brutal as you just described.

theres no lies here my co worker died because of this belief undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kidajoshforreal(m): 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
buffalowings4:

You have liason hospitals too in Nigeria abi shocked
sure we do even in each states
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by sampatdikachi(m): 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
;
Bonjoro:

Liar! U are not shielding any tears.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by ThisShouldBeFun(f): 1:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
lilyheaven:
Yes! Her soul will enter new Jerusalem because she didn't break the rule, and her husband will marry another wife.
is u OK?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Okuss12(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
This is a very fake news jehovah witness don't take blood transfusion there's nothing like unknown blood or jehovah withnes would tell u that he believes in the Lord strength u don't know what you are posting.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by wonder233: 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2018
[quote author=wazobianaija post=65195002]
And stop running your mouth about something you are half educated about. You are online, why are you just lazy like them to search the google for bloodless surgical operations. Get yourself educated before talking trash.
And have you confirmed the story? How much of the details surrounding the womans condition do you know? Do you know whether there are other complications besides blood issue? And, is the doctor 100% sure the woman will not die even if blood is given to her? Many have taken blood and die and many have refused to take it and yet live.

It should be 'died' and 'lived'...

Go to school, get your basic English right, then come back lets continue this discussion.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by wonder233: 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by femi4: 1:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
wazobianaija:

He never said that. Not all cases require using HMO.
The way he was ranting that the story is untrue or can never happen
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by uboma(m): 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
anibestlala:
the doctor should go and read his medical ethics and he would find out that the patient's and not the husband's consent is needed to transfuse blood.

You are right.

The patient was not a minor and was conscious to either accept or refuse the blood transfusion.

The story doesn't add up...
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by MVLOX(m): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
nnekaike:
leave him to his conscience, such a horrible fabricated story,when blood expanders are gotten in less than 12hours.

I would have said these pple bring the so much frustration their religious leaders heap on them and wanna use the Jehovah witnesses to pass time. Ohh I said it already. Please try to tell us of countless people who accept transfusion and still die next time. Anyway its not a new topic. Somewhere out there, there is another person packaging a similar story. Bring it on, no be 2day
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by bolamp(m): 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
wazobianaija:
Op, What do you stand to gain by thinking you can come online and malign Jehovahs Witnesses. Does it mean even if she takes the blood, she will not die? Can the doctor guarantee with his own life that he is 100% sure the woman will not die even if she takes the blood?

Does the fact that you are not sure you will pass an exam justify not bothering to sit(write) for the exam

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by seegi(m): 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
and that's how dey will be tagging one religion terrorist..
now ansa me is this not even more than terrorist,, d religion dat allow u to watched ur wife die.... Say no to such religion
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by bolamp(m): 1:53pm On Feb 19, 2018
wazobianaija:
Op, What do you stand to gain by thinking you can come online and malign Jehovahs Witnesses. Does it mean even if she takes the blood, she will not die? Can the doctor guarantee with his own life that he is 100% sure the woman will not die even if she takes the blood?

Does the fact that you are not 100% sure you will pass an exam justify not bothering to write it??

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by osahon01(m): 1:53pm On Feb 19, 2018
My family left Jehovah Witness because of blood transfusion issue..... is better u die without taken blood....many of their members hv died of blood transfusion during child delivery, accident, sickness etc....worldwide
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by sinola(m): 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2018
Amagite2:
A Nigerian man has narrated how a Jehovah's Witness refused blood transfusion for his pregnant wife and watched her die in the hospital.

According to Ajayi Afolabi, he gave the man a slap for the act. Read the story below...

"So, I was at a General Hospital in Lagos while an heavily pregnant woman was rushed in on child labour. She was immediately taken to the theater and after some mins, one ofthe lead doctors came out to request for the husband ofthe pregnant lady.
DOC: Your wife is short of blood. She needs an immediate blood transfusion.

Husband: Same thing they said from the hospital she has been in the last 3 days of labour. We are Jehovah witness, we don't accept unknown blood.

DOC: This is highly important to save your wife's life and the unborn baby.

Husband: We have worked for the lord with all our strength, he can't fail us, she can't die.

DOC: I may need to proceed forcefully if you don't accept.
Husband: Then be ready to face the law in court.

So the doctor went back to the theater, asked the woman if she has another relative close by who can sign to receive blood while she was wheeled out of the theater. The woman cried with her pale eyes and begged the husband to allow the doctors transfuse but he refused bluntly. I was so angry and I walked up to him. Tried convincing but he was so adamant and stubborn.

Some mins later, the doctors asked him to take his wife to LUTH, for better health care facilities that could condole non blood transfusion. He was requested to get an ambulance for transportation. To my surprise, this nigga got a Volvo stretcher ambulance meant for dead people. Gosh, so angry at this point.
Called a couple of people around and I aided a quick release of a proper life saving ambulance. While wheeling this woman to the ambulance after wasting about 4hours, she gave up in tears and was later confirmed that the unborn baby also died.

Wow! What a wicked world in the name of a borrowed religion. Then the husband bursted into tears. I didn't do much, I moved close, looked straight into his eyes, slapped and gave him a couple kicks which later threw the whole general hospital into chaos.

I later reminisced over it the following day and asked myself this questions; why would I allow my loved one die in the name of a religion? Should the religion save lives or kill?
"

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/02/jehovahs-witness-refused-blood-transfusion-pregnant-wife-till-died.html

useless man...he wii now go and marry another fresh wife who will now made the dead woman's children her househelps....
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by ediko5(m): 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
since he didn't allow another blood transfusion, he could have donated his own blood after all husband and wife are one
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by sinola(m): 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
kennybelle:
this story looks cooked. are u saying you followed the doctor back to the theatre where the pregnant woman was, and u were there when she was asked of her other relatives? Jehovah's witnesses dnt accept blood but they're are not as heartless and brutal as you just described.

kenny,this is a confirmed news....my wife works at LUTH
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by BCISLTD: 2:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
bigtt76:
Prior to going for an operation, the patient get their blood in a blood bank and if they need transfusion, they are given back their own blood. JW member's grouse is not with transfusion as a whole but being infused a blood from another person.

This is not movies dear ....even men going for cancer treatment have their sp3rms stored so that they can always fall back to that if the treatment affected their fertility.

try and read wide dear to learn more!

I got you perfectly the first time ...but you are not getting my point...I’m talking about logistics and being prepared for that occurrence in our very own naija...in the movies and in the states it’s easy to have all possibilities checked ...but in naija ..how u wan store the blood..when u go draw the blood...most likely you’ll know about blood transfusions on the operating table ...

Nothing concern me with their doctrines ...

About the books..reading and learning...I think I got that covered
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Kinikini: 2:03pm On Feb 19, 2018
I suppose you will judge him if the dead lay were your sister or daughter. Call a spade a spade. If God has anything against blood transfusion, the knowledge would not have been revealed to man. Archaic beliefs leading to unwarranted death should be discarded.

stephen109:
I WON'T JUDGE THIS MAN ON THIS..I PREFER TO LEAVE THIS STORY TO GOD....JUDGE NO MAN!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by simplex2: 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
wazobianaija:

Imagine what you just said. Anyway, you can read more about alternative to blood transfusion. Make use of google, you will learn. The issue is that most naija doctors have refused to upgrade when it comes to issue of blood transfusion and this is because they are just too lazy.

Nigerian doctors are lazy baa? why don't your silly church cult open as much hospitals in all nook and crannies of this country and train your own doctors on how to save lives without blood transfusion and then urge your members to visit only these hospitals. Blood transfusion is a standard practice in all developed countries: some ambulances have mini-blood banks in case an accident victim needs blood before getting to the hospital.

You and your ignorant brainwashed folks are just blood suckers!

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Tolax17: 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
Treasure17:
These people with their weird beliefs. Don't know when transfusion of blood is now a crime.
I agreed with you,they have weird believe. But, I dont know why rejecting blood transfusion a crime.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by stieyven(m): 2:11pm On Feb 19, 2018
DONSMITH123:
mumuni
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by RELEASEUS: 2:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
buffalowings4:

You have liason hospitals too in Nigeria abi shocked
Yes we do. I dont know if you understand what I mean by liaison, but in case they are hospitals where the management have agreed to treat and operate our members without blood transfusion. They are allover the place in every state and almost all LG.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by eyinjuege: 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
Story

Once the lady agrees to the transfusion, the husband is irrelevant in this case.
Couldn't she sign? Or she was to sick to hold a pen?
Unless of cos she also refused the transfusion, nothing anyone can do.
Meanwhile, for 3 days she was in another hospital, and they also offered transfusion and she and her husband declined it.
She also is to blame. If she wanted the blood, she would have had it for the past 3-4 days.
Anyway, i hope her family show the husband small pepper. angry
RIP.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kentebemoney: 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
linked:
Only morons would believe this story from a low IQ blogger. Nothing in this story add up. All these sensationalized news are for the lazy minds... Smh
My brother forget story, one f00l for my area did the same thing.
KUJE general hospital last year.
Me and this guy dey play football @ 1000unit and the F00L'S NAME IS CALEB.
CALEB IF YOU EVER GET TO SEE THIS, U ARE A BIG MUNTULA
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Tolax17: 2:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
bigtt76:
Prior to going for an operation, the patient get their blood in a blood bank and if they need transfusion, they are given back their own blood. JW member's grouse is not with transfusion as a whole but being infused a blood from another person.

This is not movies dear ....even men going for cancer treatment have their sp3rms stored so that they can always fall back to that if the treatment affected their fertility.

try and read wide dear to learn more!

You're very right on this. Those jehovah witnesses around, from my research and observations, they do not collect other person blood, No. They can keep and collect their personal blood that was store not collect other persons blood which is synonymous to indirect cannibalism.

Besides, what's the guarantee she will live if she was transfused?
Why are people making a mole into mole hill?
St. Valentine died for love. HE died for what he believed in. What's the big deal?
Besides, they are adult and how long will she leave if was transfused 100 years ?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Godsonkemz(m): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
I rather give my daughter up for marriage to a sinner who loves her than to a hypocrital and religious Jehovah witness follower. This is one of the gatherings i regard as cult group which segregates against non-member.
This man is very wicked. I found it strange to believe. How can i allow my precious wife who is carrying our child to die because of common blood transfusion. If it means searching the whole town to find her blood match or giving up great percentage of mine if we fall in the same group, i will gladly do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wedding Invitation Of Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong / Simput Eagles Dafup Arrested By DSS For Converting Muslim Girl To Christianity / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.