Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire (38087 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage / Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
How can some people just wake up and insult others from the comfort of their phone

This woman was neither a government official nor the wife of a president but she is the richest woman in Nigeria, according to Forbes

This must have taken a lot of hard work and diligence to achieve, regardless of the alleged support she got from politicians. if it was that easy, why didn't the members of my family and your families gain similar favors.

let us learn to respect or at least acknowledge achievements of others because that is the only way we can understand what it takes to achieve something in life.

Well done ma

5 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by omoranmilowo: 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
Wow
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by madjune(m): 1:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
Madam, will you keep kwayet.

You made your money through oil blocs you fronted for Maryam Babangida in the 80s, of which you were given some and you just managed it successfully.

Thats what you tell us.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by emaopel: 1:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
hmmm...May God bless my struggles and labour...It is your grace and mercy I am waiting for Lord.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by rafcrown(m): 1:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
HOW CAN I GET OIL BLOCKS OR BRICKS ?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by hypnotic(m): 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
This kind of talk should be discouraged, so as chancellor what does she tell the students?

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Truckpusher(m): 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
truckie baby, howaya? kiss ...watagwan?!
grin

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Charly68: 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2018
Coitus:
She is forgot to mention how many politicians she slept with to make it possible,she didn't mention connection that she gathered, not even Obasanjo's influencial hand. Nonsense.

Believe this bitch at your own risk,life is not that smooth in Nigeria. Almost every rich business person in Nigeria got their start up funds from illegal means. Tibubu from drug business, Adenuga from IBB,Dangote from unanimous northern political support which he is also the biggest money launder in Nigeria, kalu from abịa state government money, in fact the list goes on. angry
Fúmck all them rich people in Nigeria
Kalu was already a billionaire before PDP was established,it will be wrong to say he became rich through Abia state resources..please let's get out facts right..though am not an igbo man but truth must be made known
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
Laple0541:

Even if a lady sleeps with all men in the whole world, that can't make her the richest in Africa, she used her God given brain coupled with grace from God to get there, start to use yours too.
God,God,God. Does the average Nigerian have anything else in his head asides this?
Why is the sun blistering hot these days? Typical Nigerian answer:only god knows.
Why is it raining? Answer:God. Why is Nigeria so dangerously corrupt? Nigerian answer:God. Why are some people wealthy yet others dirt poor? Here comes the impossible Nigerian answer again: The omnipotent God granted some wealth whilst others have to hue and wail to the heavens for him to bless them... WTF?! And you wonder why we are 3rd world with this pre-historic age state of mind? Dammit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hard work, determination and perseverance pays...
She has really worked hard to become a success + God's grace like she asserted. Remain blessed Ma. Long life and good health to enjoy your wealth is my prayer for you.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by bankylan: 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
A lot of people have castigated this women when they obviously don't know what transpired . Many did not know that this woman fought a legal battle with the FG for 12 years before she won the right to 60% stake in the oil block she was awarded. The people bashing her did not know that as at the time the block was awarded to her, nobody was exploring deep offshore in Nigeria because it was expensive. The FG believed oil was in commercial quantity in this block until she was able to get a technical partner in Chevron. Yes, Maryam Babangida gave her access to the then Minister of Petroleum, but it didn't end there as she had to struggle for many years before she was granted.

You have to know someone if you want to do a business of this magnitude.........You cant sit down inside your bedroom and expect someone to give you oil bloc

3 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by YelloweWest: 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
Coitus:
She is forgot to mention how many politicians she slept with to make it possible,she didn't mention connection that she gathered, not even Obasanjo's influencial hand. Nonsense.

Believe this bitch at your own risk,life is not that smooth in Nigeria. Almost every rich business person in Nigeria got their start up funds from illegal means. Tibubu from drug business, Adenuga from IBB,Dangote from unanimous northern political support which he is also the biggest money launder in Nigeria, kalu from abịa state government money, in fact the list goes on. angry

Fúck all them rich people in Nigeria
You hate yourself too much.

You need love I your life.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by jayraster(m): 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
Coitus:

you are sweating it out. take it easy and fight for yours dear. this life is all about crime esp. in this our beloved country.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by NovusHomo(m): 2:18pm On Feb 22, 2018
yeyerolling:
People who used connect/fronting to make it shud fuk off abeg. IBB gave u OML cos u be hin wife padi. Where in the world does a tailor get oil mining license. Madam just sits at home with her 45% share of OML. Get total and odas to operate it and she gives dem share of profits. Oniranu.Pple like cosmas maduka too will come bobo us hw dey made it. Bt in reality na runs and connects

Don't mind the lying b***h. Who is she fooling?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
yeyerolling:
People who used connect/fronting to make it shud fuk off abeg. IBB gave u OML cos u be hin wife padi. Where in the world does a tailor get oil mining license. Madam just sits at home with her 45% share of OML. Get total and odas to operate it and she gives dem share of profits. Oniranu.Pple like cosmas maduka too will come bobo us hw dey made it. Bt in reality na runs and connects
lol, no mind her, no operating cost at all just cool free cash, but if you talk now, them go call you bad belle............... in a saner clime she suppose dey jail, but then this is Nigeria.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Laple0541(m): 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
mansakhalifa:
God,God,God. Does the average Nigerian have anything else in his head asides this. Why is the sun blistering hot these days? Typical Nigerian answer:only god knows. Why is it raining? Answer:God. Why is Nigeria so dangerously corrupt? Nigerian answer:God. Why are some people wealthy yet others dirt poor? Here comes the impossible Nigerian answer again: The omnipotent God granted some wealth whilst others have to hue and wail to the heavens for him to bless them... WTF?! And you wonder why we are 3rd world with this pre-historic age state of mind? Dammit.

My friend shut your stinking mouth up, even here in developed countries many do believe in the existence of God, if you don't believe in it existence that is your fùcking śhit.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
I wish life was a bed of roses
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by emmykk(m): 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
stupid post....Niger Delta oil money....forming no degree before billionaire.

madam you are a thief

Goats above will be praising her blindly

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by BABANGBALI: 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
femolacqua:
Her talent made way for her.
her pussssy made her rich
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by NovusHomo(m): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=yeyerolling post=65280728]People who used connect/fronting to make it shud fuk off abeg. IBB gave u OML cos u be hin wife padi. Where in the world does a tailor get oil mining license. Madam just sits at home with her 45% share of OML. Get total and odas to operate it and she gives dem share of profits. Oniranu.Pple like cosmas maduka too will come bobo us hw dey made it. Bt in reality na runs and connects[/quote

grin grin grin
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by elbulk(m): 2:31pm On Feb 22, 2018
Coitus:

Reason why you may remain poor. learn and don't hate
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by elbulk(m): 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
sophoccles:
The entire nation knows she is a front for the Babangida family's business interest. Same as Adenuga. . . .

So easy non of your relatives got to be a front...stop hating
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by fimi: 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
Whr is dt idiot talking about university grades? U beta com and see dis
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by macaphan007(m): 2:35pm On Feb 22, 2018
yeyerolling:
You sabi the truth,I just laugh when I see the thing,she skipped the part that she was given an Oil well,just like Adenuga too.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by buffalowings4: 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
Is this not the woman that they say she only has about 10 emplooyees grin

The sooner we begin to tell ouselves the truth and stop as slicing the better.

That's why I detest motivational books
You won't find them in my library
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by YoungDenzel(m): 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
Coitus:

omini knowest always cynical and bitter no one can make it legitimately again SMH
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by buffalowings4: 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
MRAKBEE:

Who makes the connection to work?
I think she gave credit to whom it shud go.

GOD?

Typical Nigerian mentality
As she's now born gain old thing's have passed away.
Every ill-gotten wealth is washed clean by the blood of Jesus.

It's just a case of chance meeting with corrupt individual's.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Myself2(m): 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
yeyerolling:

GBAM
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by pafisayo(m): 2:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
dingbang:
God helps people through other people..

You people needs to Fear God!!
If getting an Oil block as free Dash for being a Dictator’s wife friend and Tailor is Your own defination of Gods help I salute u o .
It’s like saying God will ignore millions of people that are serving him either Christian or Muslim all because God wants alakija to become a billionaire.
I doubt if that kind of god is God

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by akkm: 2:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
And some student want to kill themselves because they made THIRD CLASS OR PASS DEGREE..it not by certificate to make it in life. pray for God favour,and work hard.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by thatigboman: 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
Admin401:
Was it not obasanjo that helped her ministery?
No. Late Maryam Babangida

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Drops Off List Of World’s 100 Richest Men / How To Make 20 Litres Of Liquid Soap With #2000 / Work-From-Home Jobs You Can Start In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.