Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire (38076 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage / Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by MRAKBEE(m): 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
buffalowings4:

GOD?

Typical Nigerian mentality
As she's now born gain old thing's have passed away.
Every ill-gotten wealth is washed clean by the blood of Jesus.

It's just a case of chance meeting with corrupt individual's.
I don't argue with any atheists cos they don't even know how they came into existence let alone where they will go after death..
But one thing is certain alot of them are embracing the truth. Ur day is coming. Soon you wil start SPREADING THE GOOD NEWS
Im sure u didn't read my comment well. God's grace is for everyone regardless of race, religion, sex etc.
There is an invisible hand that goes arround giving men what they want.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by UfuomaUN(m): 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
yeyerolling:
People who used connect/fronting to make it shud fuk off abeg. IBB gave u OML cos u be hin wife padi. Where in the world does a tailor get oil mining license. Madam just sits at home with her 45% share of OML. Get total and odas to operate it and she gives dem share of profits. Oniranu.Pple like cosmas maduka too will come bobo us hw dey made it. Bt in reality na runs and connects

That's the reality of Nigeria bro! Most of the very wealthy people earned their wealth tro connection and power which becomes really annoying when they rub in it our faces like we're lazy

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by kokomilala(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2018
@Coitus, hmm. Becoming wealthy is, among other things, grasping opportunities. If you think she slept with people to get this wealth, why don't girls or women who sleep around, even recklessly, have 1/8 of her wealth. She worked hard to get to where she is. That's why it didn't come over night. Same with Dangote, John D Rockefeller, who had over 340 billion USD. Yes, people ride on opportunities. Don't begrudge her of her success. She deserves it.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
I see a woman who used her natural assets i.e pussy power to get key financial assets.She is now coming out as an empowered woman when her benefactors her probably making fun of her.She is deluding young women,she is a liar and she doesn't even deserve to say all these things in trying to be inspirational.Only illiterates will believe this woman.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
Blackfyre:
Safiaaa will like this story.
yeah the story was nice
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by mymilicent: 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
This is a woman who won the Nigeria best fashion designer in 1986 before she acquired Famfa oil much later
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by bankylan: 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
orbitalgis:
I see a woman who used her natural assets i.e pussy power to get key financial assets.She is now coming out as an empowered woman when her benefactors her probably making fun of her.She is deluding young women,she is a liar and she doesn't even deserve to say all these things in trying to be inspirational.Only illiterates will believe this woman.

If you believe someone cant be rich unless he or she does something illegal, then you may not be rich. Try to find out the truth before making an accusation you will not be able to prove if confronted. A simple goggle search will reveal to you how she got the oil bloc.

Keep your mind open and don't be judgemental when you don't have the facts.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by ollah2: 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
dingbang:
God helps people through other people..

Yes and that's how it usually plays out especially in the Nigeria
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Marsnizz: 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
dayo2me:
would she have been this successful if she chose to remain in her muslim polygamous lineage?
check the statistic of wealthy Muslims and Christians in Nigeria and receive the shock of your life.When you finish come back here and give us the details of your findings.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by maj007(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
yeyerolling:
People who used connect/fronting to make it shud fuk off abeg. IBB gave u OML cos u be hin wife padi. Where in the world does a tailor get oil mining license. Madam just sits at home with her 45% share of OML. Get total and odas to operate it and she gives dem share of profits. Oniranu.Pple like cosmas maduka too will come bobo us hw dey made it. Bt in reality na runs and connects

Crystal clear truth.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by bettercreature(m): 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
yeyerolling:
Dont mind her she was a confirm international prostitute dated several key politician including IBB
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
elbulk:

So easy non of your relatives got to be a front...stop hating
You're one of that specie of Mugu that's native to Nigeria alone grin And yes, it's not easy to be a business titan/colossus like the billionaire-tailor grin But it doesn't change the truth and the truth will continue to be told.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by okito: 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
yeyerolling:

Guy, If you become President and I hope you do, give the oil block licenses to your enemies or your wife's enemies instead of your friends. For the records, it was an OPL (Oil Prospecting License) NOT OML (Oil Mining License) So it means a lot still had to be done on geological data, drill an exploratory well to confirm presence of hydrocarbon, then appraisal well(s) to ascertain lateral extension of the reservoir, before development wells would come in. She could have sold the block for peanuts and no one would know her today but with God's leading, she brought in Chevron (Not Total) as partners and today she gets proceeds of 20,000 bopd from the 240,000 bopd produced from the Agbami field of what is now OML 127.

She wasnt the only friend that Mariam or the Babangidas as a whole had, so if God favoured her (a Tailor), to be one of the benefactors of the indigenization policy and she used it well, we must thank God for her life and learn a lesson from it which is "Use your opportunities wisely and never forget God"

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by dupesolamary: 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
I just like the part that she gave her life to Christ and "live" a good life. That you told us it is God's grace to find energy and grace to become successful is a good part too. You should also tell us how that grace connected you to the right circle to get oil block...may be we could learn one or two things from that.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by delpee(f): 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
yeyerolling:

Well, many others got their licences the easy way too yet they achieved nothing. Honour to whom honour is due. She focused on making something out of the opportunity given to her (whichever way) and is a resounding success today.

She was a staff of one of the biggest merchant banks in the 80s/90s. That also probably equipped her with financial wisdom. She's a trained secretary (UK) apart from being a fashion designer.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Phyde: 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
My goodness, never knew she was born a muslim. She saw the LIGHT....nice move madam.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by franzis(m): 4:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
yeyerolling:

No one can make a billion naira honestly
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Awoleesu(m): 5:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
True!
How many sustained billionaires in Nigeria have post-graduation wealth?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Psoul(m): 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2018
Admin401:
Was it not obasanjo that helped her ministery?

God must help u through someone.
Do you have any problem with that?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Psoul(m): 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2018
Coitus:
She is forgot to mention how many politicians she slept with to make it possible,she didn't mention connection that she gathered, not even Obasanjo's influencial hand. Nonsense.

Believe this bitch at your own risk,life is not that smooth in Nigeria. Almost every rich business person in Nigeria got their start up funds from illegal means. Tibubu from drug business, Adenuga from IBB,Dangote from unanimous northern political support which he is also the biggest money launder in Nigeria, kalu from abịa state government money, in fact the list goes on. angry

Fúck all them rich people in Nigeria

Women will always hate themselves.
Trying to run down any woman that seem to be better than them.

I feel ur pains sis.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by aspirebig: 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
You dont need a uni degree to be a multibillionaire...

If you doubt me, ask Bill Gate ..

This should not be a news.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by afroxyz: 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
Stop coming here to brag and attributing your wealth to God. Everyone knows the role obadanjo played in making you a billionaire. Don't talk as if you did something special. Na connection.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Caseless: 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
dayo2me:
would she have been this successful if she chose to remain in her muslim polygamous lineage?
and a Muslim made her. IBB and his wife, Mariam are muslims.

Did she say by becoming a Christian , she made it? No!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by awoluyi(m): 6:28pm On Feb 22, 2018
Between YOU and SUCCESS, a CONNECTOR(Person/s) is required . Transforming the opportunity the connection offers into a huge achievement is a diffirent story entirely. This woman simply made the best use of opportunity that came her way.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by Neurotika: 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2018
I'm not discounting her efforts (evidently she worked hard) but there is no such thing as a self made billionaire. Behind every great wealth, there is a either a connection or a crime.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by aparo(m): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
AngelicBeing:
A billionaire courtesy of the late Babangidas wife who gave you an oil license to milk the country, in a saner clime, you ought to be in jail sad

I thought all Nigerians were brainless like their former president and even the current one. Alas, a few are ok
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by guiddoti: 7:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
She makes billions without oil bloc.

God is watching those who sold Nigeria's properties.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by gudugudumeje: 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
This is a born-again christain's cheap lure ad fantasy... There is more to it than dat...
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by VolvoS60(m): 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
edehgeorgeC:
Hard work, determination and perseverance pays...
She has really worked hard to become a success + God's grace like she asserted. Remain blessed Ma. Long life and good health to enjoy your wealth is my prayer for you.

^^^^

grin
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by VolvoS60(m): 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2018
greiboy:
How can people just wake up and insult people from the comfort of their phone

This woman was neither a government official nor the wife of a president but she is the richest woman in Nigeria, according to Forbes

This must have taken a lot of hard work and diligence to achieve, regardless of the alleged support she got from politicians. if it was that easy, why didn't the members of my family and your families gain similar favors.

let us learn to respect or at least acknowledge achievements of others because that is the only way we can understand what it takes to achieve something in life.

Well done ma

^^^
grin grin
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by VolvoS60(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
delpee:

Well, many others got their licences the easy way too yet they achieved nothing. Honour to whom honour is due. She focused on making something out of the opportunity given to her (whichever way) and is a resounding success today.

She was a staff of one of the biggest merchant banks in the 80s/90s. That also probably equipped her with financial wisdom. She's a trained secretary (UK) apart from being a fashion designer.

^^^
No ma'am.

Not sure I agree with you.

The reason why the woman's comments are generating controversy is this: she was a beneficiary of a notoriously opaque OPL allocation process. That's all.

She gained but the country as a whole lost. Allocation of OPLs and OMLs shouldn't be a private lottery.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire by VolvoS60(m): 8:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
greiboy:
How can some people just wake up and insult others from the comfort of their phone

This woman was neither a government official nor the wife of a president but she is the richest woman in Nigeria, according to Forbes

This must have taken a lot of hard work and diligence to achieve, regardless of the alleged support she got from politicians. if it was that easy, why didn't the members of my family and your families gain similar favors.

let us learn to respect or at least acknowledge achievements of others because that is the only way we can understand what it takes to achieve something in life.

Well done ma

^^^^
You don't necessarily have to agree with those who are cursing her out. But you are treading a dangerous path with your talk about 'hard work and diligence'. You surely can't support the primitive patronage system of which this woman was a beneficiary.

Do your investigations about the allocation of OMLs and OPLs in the military regimes of the 80s and you'll understand why people are upset with all of this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Drops Off List Of World’s 100 Richest Men / Video Of Herbert Wigwe Celebrating His Last Birthday / Work-From-Home Jobs You Can Start In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.