Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner (26940 Views)

Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili / Police Knows The Sponsors Of Herdsmen But Can’t Arrest Them – Former Naval Chief / Kwankwaso: "I Will Storm Kano With 7 Camera Drones, Police Can’t Stop Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by billyG(m): 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2018
dre11:

http://punchng.com/police-cant-arrest-herdsmen-for-grazing-cattle-on-airport-runways-commissioner/

Make una see how that useless fulani compol dey speak via his anus,hav d police willing to enforce antigrazing in those states?what happen to tresspass law,cattle & herdmens tresspassing on restricted ppty.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by Ten06(m): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
With this statement from a commissioner of police I don't think bubu deserve another tenure
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by billyG(m): 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
Airports are still part of the precolonial grazing Routes-Lai Muhammed

1 Like

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2018
JasonScolari:
The Nigeria Police Force has said it cannot arrest herdsmen who allow their cattle to stray onto and graze on airport runways in the country.
The Commissioner of Police , Airport Command, Mustapha Dandaura, stated this

Fellow Nigerians, I think my stay in this shithole is over.

See you guys later.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by adetes: 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2018
CP, with respect u r mad

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by nkul: 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
poo poo country, shit hole country..thanks Trump
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by bullofafrica: 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
but they have the power to arrest innocent citizens, only in zoo country such can happen, police my foot "
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by bigfish3k: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
thanking the FG for always proving Nnamdi Kanu right

1 Like

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by THEKING9C(m): 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
This cannot be true!! If is true, then the man supposed to be sacked!! How can they allow cow to be grazing in the airport? May God help us!

1 Like

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by ocelot2006(m): 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
That's absolute crap. Grazing at the airport poses a safety challenge to airlines. Have we forgotten the incident involving AIr France aircraft at the International Airport, Port Harcourt? Ban the grazing of cows at the airport.

2 Likes

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by potterdon: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
I stand with Ipob abeg end this joke of a country grin

1 Like

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by doche1: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
Soonest other livestock farmers that rear pigs, chicken, or goat will soon freely start going round airport freely with their animals like the fulani.

1 Like

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by jidxin(m): 4:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
dre11:

http://punchng.com/police-cant-arrest-herdsmen-for-grazing-cattle-on-airport-runways-commissioner/

Oh my God. This police is useless and lacks common sense. So u mean they cant be charged for nuisance?, or trespass? Are they under immunity?

1 Like

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by Bobby808: 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
JasonScolari:
The Nigeria Police Force has said it cannot arrest herdsmen who allow their cattle to stray onto and graze on airport runways in the country.
The Commissioner of Police , Airport Command, Mustapha Dandaura, stated this

Fellow Nigerians, I think my stay in this shithole is over.

See you guys later.

Bros., it is indeed painful but we must pray. You and I know why everything is falling on us today. That does not mean that there is no hope tomorrow. We will pray to God to change this present leader, Buhari. The Bible says that when ever, where ever there is bad leader, there will be very serious out cry. Am calling God Almighty that he may send his Angels to supervise our elections so that your will will prevail. Amen
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by Reference(m): 5:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
Yet a new low. If grazing is okay why not hunting on airport property for antelopes and giant rats aka grass cutter.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by Smooyis(m): 5:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
FarahAideed:
What is going on ? What have we done to ourselves ? So this Buhari police is saying he cannot arrest Herdmen that stray into airport runways despite clearly being demarcated but yet the will arrest an unauthorised person found within the same vicinity ...In essence the airport police command just told us Herdsman are authorised to be in the secluded air traffic areas of the airport... SMH
Good for those of you who are against state police. Enjoy your federal police while it lasts. shocked
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by Blue3k(m): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
Lol useless morons what are these idiots good for. Anyone can allowed to make trouble on runway as long they have a cow. What kind of idiotic statement is this. Unauthized entry to runway is not illegal?

The Nigeria Police Force has said it cannot arrest herdsmen who allow their [b]cattle to stray onto and graze on airport runways [/b]in the country. The Commissioner of Police , Airport Command, Mustapha Dandaura, stated this in an interview with our correspondent on Friday.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by degamemaster(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2018
Once upon a time, there was a country.....the game is over for the shithole country.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
I see so many dumb arses criticising the police officer's statement without bothering reason and correctly interpret what he was saying:
The police will arrest only individuals who break existing laws; in the case of herdsmen only in states with anti open grazing laws or when they stray and graze their cattle in restricted areas - such as airports etc.

However, in practical terms the police has always been reluctant to enforce such controversial laws.

This further explains why we have so far not heard of the Nigerian Police enforcing Sharia laws even though such laws (like the anti-grazing laws) were legitimately enacted by their host states - necessitating the Sharia States establish their own implementing bodies i.e. Hisbah (Sharia Police).

Though Sharia came into being during OBJ's tenure (a southern Christian); yet since then till date, no Muslim or governors in these Sharia States have politicise the non compliance of the police to enforce sharia, in the same intolerant manner as southerners (especially Christians) are turning the matter into a tribal, religious or regional issue.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by ugocitywnda: 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
My dogs are loading to hit the road soon all the way from uyo,let me see who will stop me on the road. Police kooor commissioner nii
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by goshee: 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
just realised something lately. nobody defends Nigeria when it it called a zoo. that fact has been proven time and again.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by erico2k2(m): 8:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by FRESHG(m): 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Firefire:

My Yoruba Muslim brethren think otherwise.
FIXED
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by ojtech8291: 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
Accept it in good faith! Above the law part 2.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by emperormossad(m): 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2018
This is the most dodgy statement from a public official I've ever heard in my life.
This is quite unfortunate.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by charliebiz(m): 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
[s]I see so many dumb arses criticising the police officer's statement without bothering reason and correctly interpret what he was saying:
The police will arrest only individuals who break existing laws; in the case of herdsmen only in states with anti open grazing laws or when they stray and graze their cattle in restricted areas - such as airports etc.

However, in practical terms the police has always been reluctant to enforce such controversial laws.

This further explains why we have so far not heard of the Nigerian Police enforcing Sharia laws even though such laws (like the anti-grazing laws) were legitimately enacted by their host states - necessitating the Sharia States establish their own implementing bodies i.e. Hisbah (Sharia Police).

Though Sharia came into being during OBJ's tenure (a southern Christian); yet since then till date, no Muslim or governors in these Sharia States have politicise the non compliance of the police to enforce sharia, in the same intolerant manner as southerners (especially Christians) are turning the matter into a tribal, religious or regional issue.[/s]
I rarely comment here but this comment of yours brought me out of my shell because you are trying to play smart. Let me interpreted what you just wrote this way. You're driving on the highway and someone decides to stand in middle of the highway which could cause a fatal accident to you and fellow occupants or road users, are you telling me that the person should only be arrested when there is a law against standing on the highway?

1 Like

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by tunde37(m): 10:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
sometimes I ask God why he created me in Nigeria. this country Don tire me I swear.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by Cityguy: 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
The H.O.D idiot of.a commissioner is talking about 'embarrassment'! What happens to safety if hundreds of passengers whose lives would be put in danger? How do some people reason for God's sake?
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by nametalkam: 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2018
The outrage should be that the Presidency has not immediately denounced the statement and clarified that Human lives and safety are TOP PRIORITY!

Soon some airlines will start stating they are not safe to operate certain routes and you cannot blame them
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by ablaque(m): 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
they cannot arrest stray cows bt dy cn arrest drivers drivin one-way. is savin lifes n properties excluded on runway because of herdsmen n cows, snc wen do we v grazing routes on d airport runway?
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by adadike281(f): 1:45am On Feb 25, 2018
Firefire:

Some fulls among us think otherwise.
U know this was how we warned them during d last election, but they all went deaf. One thing am sure of, is that I ada will escape the coming tribulation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mass Actions Against Fuel Price Hike Begin Next Week / Frank Mba: Nigerians Can Record Policemen But From Safe Distance (Video) / Osun PDP Senatorial Candidate, Others, Donate foodstuffs To Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.