Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner (26937 Views)

Why We Need 20% Of Nigeria For Grazing By Nonso Obikili / Police Knows The Sponsors Of Herdsmen But Can’t Arrest Them – Former Naval Chief / Kwankwaso: "I Will Storm Kano With 7 Camera Drones, Police Can’t Stop Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by jacyhelen(f): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2018
Kanu called Nigeria a ZOO people got Angry,David Cameroun Called Nigeria Fantastically Corrupt Nation we all smiled and thanked him, Donald Trump called Nigeria a SHITHOLE COUNTRY,Nigerians are happy,Smilling and waving hands to trump!!..Lmao..... Which one is more better:A Zoo,Fantastically Corrupt,A ShitHole Nation??
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:52am On Feb 25, 2018
charliebiz:

I rarely comment here but this comment of yours brought me out of my shell because you are trying to play smart. Let me interpreted what you just wrote this way. You're driving on the highway and someone decides to stand in middle of the highway which could cause a fatal accident to you and fellow occupants or road users, are you telling me that the person should only be arrested when there is a law against standing on the highway?

I often come across bigotry and insults from southerners here in NLand concerning how educationally backwards we in the north are; yet it is ironically becoming increasingly apparent that a lot of the so called educated are either intellectually lazy or lack basic comprehension - much in the same way as you have just displayed.

My friend go back to my post and read very carefully, this time even more slowly, especially the first and second paragraphs - I am sure by then you would appreciate that your analogy had already been addressed before hand.

For the sake of clarity; anyone standing in the middle of the highway in a manner that could potentially cause fatal accident, is already breaking the law by obstructing traffic and could furthermore be charged for endangering other ppl's lives.

I really don't understand why some ppl cannot understand such very clear simple worded written English.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by makahlj2: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
I thought such things happened only in India.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by LaudableXX: 12:54am On Feb 26, 2018
dangermouse:
Anti grazing laws or not,these herdsmen should be arrested for acts capable of causing loss of human lives and properties by blocking runways with their cows.
Exactly! shocked They should also be arrested for wilfully trespassing upon govt property. Or is the airport runway a part of their grazing routes?
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by BERNIMOORE: 5:12am On Feb 26, 2018
LaudableXX:

Exactly! shocked They should also be arrested for wilfully trespassing upon govt property. Or is the airport runway a part of their grazing routes?
Nigerian police feign ignorance of "wilful trespassing" as contained in Nigerian constitution... Are the police meant to only protect Fulani's interests? No wonder Shari'a law set aside our secular law in the north
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by LaudableXX: 10:33am On Feb 26, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
I often come across bigotry and insults from southerners here in NLand concerning how educationally backwards we in the north are; yet it is ironically becoming increasingly apparent that a lot of the so called educated are either intellectually lazy or lack basic comprehension - much in the same way as you have just displayed.

My friend go back to my post and read very carefully, this time even more slowly, especially the first and second paragraphs - I am sure by then you would appreciate that your analogy had already been addressed before hand.

For the sake of clarity; anyone standing in the middle of the highway in a manner that could potentially cause fatal accident, is already breaking the law by obstructing traffic and could furthermore be charged for endangering other ppl's lives.

I really don't understand why some ppl cannot understand such very clear simple worded written English.

In the same way, those cows were loitering around the airport runway, in a manner that could cause an obstruction to aircraft coming in to land, which could potentially cause a fatal accident. Hope that makes sense....

Last word: not everyone that disagrees with you is a southerner/ Some northerners are more educated than others and spot danger a mile ahead, which is why they would not buy into some archaic unfounded views held by their fellow citizens. Cows have absolutely NO business straying into a runway, or rambling around on a highway.

2 Likes

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by orisa37: 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2018
We know that.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by orisa37: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
In Nigeria, we demacate our Territory with hippo shit.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2018
LaudableXX:

In the same way, those cows were loitering around the airport runway, in a manner that could cause an obstruction to aircraft coming in to land, which could potentially cause a fatal accident. Hope that makes sense....

Last word: not everyone that disagrees with you is a southerner/ Some northerners are more educated than others and spot danger a mile ahead, which is why they would not buy into some archaic unfounded views held by their fellow citizens. Cows have absolutely NO business straying into a runway, or rambling around on a highway.

I really don't know whether you and that Charliebiz are the same persons hiding under different monikers or different individuals suffering from the same affliction of intellectual laziness/poor comprehension.

In any case, may I also refer you to the 2nd paragraph of my earlier post where I clearly and specifically included airports as restricted areas where grazing is prohibited.

Lastly, your regional origins is of no interest to me; nor does it take away from the fact that southerners continue to take delight in maligning northerners as educationally backwards while many of them are ironically half baked or at best educated illiterates.

Shey you understand?
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by LaudableXX: 2:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
I really don't know whether you and that Charliebiz are the same persons hiding under different monikers or different individuals suffering from the same affliction of intellectual laziness/poor comprehension.

In any case, may I also refer you to the 2nd paragraph of my earlier post where I clearly and specifically included airports as restricted areas where grazing is prohibited.

Lastly, your regional origins is of no interest to me; nor does it take away from the fact that southerners continue to take delight in maligning northerners as educationally backwards while many of them are ironically half baked or at best educated illiterates.

Shey you understand?
Who is Charliebiz? shocked I really do not know. But please do not transfer any aggression you have towards him, in my direction. sad

My regional origins are not the topic under discussion. It is the cows straying unto the runway, that is the subject of this thread. Kindly stick to it. And southerners are not your problem either, but the misguided way those who are responsible for taking care of Northern interests and its people, have failed woefully to do so. undecided

So stop attacking those from the south, for the failure of Northern leaders. undecided A number of educated Northern leaders have also pointed out the problems of the North. Why didn't you call them Southerners for doing so? If truly the herdsmen knew that airports were restricted areas, what were they doing leading cows to graze in such areas?

From Katsina, to Kano to Yobe to Bauchi, Sokoto etc, do you deny that a lot of northerners have been deprived of education, access to quality healthcare and development as well as an improvement in their living conditions, despite the millions allocated to various states in that region? So why are you getting upset, with those who have pointed out these shortcomings? It doesn't matter if they are Northerners or Southerners that point out the problems - the fact remains, that these problems need to be solved!! angry

1 Like

Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by Alanzazani: 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
We need a new government. With qualified persons in positions of authority not mediocre that don't know their duty. This country is spiralling downward daily. We need to act regardless of party affiliation
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by juddy4life: 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
Nigeria is indeed a poo-country! I don't know why God created me as Nigerien, well; I'm a Biafran. angry
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2018
LaudableXX:

Who is Charliebiz? shocked I really do not know. But please do not transfer any aggression you have towards him, in my direction. sad

My regional origins are not the topic under discussion. It is the cows straying unto the runway, that is the subject of this thread. Kindly stick to it. And southerners are not your problem either, but the misguided way those who are responsible for taking care of Northern interests and its people, have failed woefully to do so. undecided

So stop attacking those from the south, for the failure of Northern leaders. undecided A number of educated Northern leaders have also pointed out the problems of the North. Why didn't you call them Southerners for doing so? If truly the herdsmen knew that airports were restricted areas, what were they doing leading cows to graze in such areas?

From Katsina, to Kano to Yobe to Bauchi, Sokoto etc, do you deny that a lot of northerners have been deprived of education, access to quality healthcare and development as well as an improvement in their living conditions, despite the millions allocated to various states in that region? So why are you getting upset, with those who have pointed out these shortcomings? It doesn't matter if they are Northerners or Southerners that point out the problems - the fact remains, that these problems need to be solved!! angry

You are not only incorrigible but a hypocrite as well:

Incorrigible because even after referring you back to my post where I clearly included airports as restricted where grazing is prohibited (as also spelt out by the police spokesman in the quoted article) you still came back at me on the same issue as though you never read or understood my post.

A hypocrite because just after reminding me to stick to the subject matter; you immediately went off on a completely different tangent to address me on the unrelated issues of northern failed leadership, educational backwardness etc (issues that were in any case never in contention in any of my posts) - i.e. not practising what you were preaching.

For the sake of clarity, I had at the outset of this thread predicted how many of the so called educated lot would misinterpret/misunderstand the police spokesman's explanation in the said article (mainly due to bigotry and blind hatred); indeed I wasn't far from the truth as many, including yourself failed to prove me wrong - what a pity.
Re: Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner by LaudableXX: 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
You are not only incorrigible but a hypocrite as well:

Incorrigible because even after referring you back to my post where I clearly included airports as restricted where grazing is prohibited (as also spelt out by the police spokesman in the quoted article) you still came back at me on the same issue as though you never read or understood my post.

A hypocrite because just after reminding me to stick to the subject matter; you immediately went off on a completely different tangent to address me on the unrelated issues of northern failed leadership, educational backwardness etc (issues that were in any case never in contention in any of my posts) - i.e. not practising what you were preaching.

For the sake of clarity, I had at the outset of this thread predicted how many of the so called educated lot would misinterpret/misunderstand the police spokesman's explanation in the said article (mainly due to bigotry and blind hatred); indeed I wasn't far from the truth as many, including yourself failed to prove me wrong - what a pity.

Hello sir, thank God everyone can read and they can all see that the words 'incorrigible, and hypocrite," describe you perfectly, while "bigotry and blind hatred', are the peculiar traits you possess in abundance. undecided Were you not the same person who alleged in an insulting manner, that people were "criticising the police officer's statement without bothering reason and correctly interpret what he was saying?" You even went further to say the police was reluctant "to enforce such controversial laws."

Next you lumped the anti-grazing law, and the straying of cattle into restricted areas such as airports into the same sentence, and went further to label both as "controversial," in your bid to justify why the police could not enforce both laws. Or have you forgotten, when you made this comment below?

ItsMeAboki:
I see so many dumb arses criticising the police officer's statement without bothering reason and correctly interpret what he was saying:
The police will arrest only individuals who break existing laws; in the case of herdsmen only in states with anti open grazing laws or when they stray and graze their cattle in restricted areas - such as airports etc.

However, in practical terms the police has always been reluctant to enforce such controversial laws.

After you had responded to the other individual in this manner, you even went further to try and justify your comments to him by saying:

ItsMeAboki:

Everyone can see that you were merely against him, because you felt he was a southerner. undecided I intervened to let you know that other Northerners had also criticised the state of affairs, in the North. Not everyone who does not share your view is a southerner. You were the first to make regional origins, an issue in your posts on this thread, when you made reference to Southerners vs. Northerners! Or have you forgotten?

ItsMeAboki:

Shey you understand?

I certainly have not maligned Northerners in this forum, (well, except for a certain governor) neither have I called them unflattering names. So look elsewhere for those you wish to unleash your aggression upon. The only Northerners I have ever maligned are the Fulani killer herdsmen who take delight in unleashing sorrow, tears and blood on various communities, under the excuse that their cows have been rustled. angry

And if it hurts you so much that both Northerners and Southerners are expressing concerns over the poor state of affairs in the North, then you should be asking yourself what needs to be done to correct the situation, instead of throwing insults around, left, right and centre. It is only when people lack a valid point, that they resort to insults like you do! Gaskiya?! sad I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dele Momodu To Buhari: Nigerians Don't Want Excuses, Appoint Your Cabinet Now / Mohammed Lawan Buba Appointed As PPRRA Chairman / Yemi Osinbajo Arrives Bonny, Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.