Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Nigerians Living In Mozambique - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living In Mozambique (62977 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies In Mozambique. Do You Know Him? (Photo) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 6:58am On Mar 21, 2018
oluwarichie:
Please anyone in the house who has travel Lagos to maputo before should assist with information it's quite urgent... Please
just get your ticket and start coming if you already had plans, you'll get a visa on arrival, but I'd suggest you get the visa first before coming, because Nigeria immigration will extort you to the fullest if they see you've got no Visa or a first traveller.

When you eventually get to the airport in Moz the officers will surely ask what you coming to do, just tell them 'tourist' and make sure you do a research about the city you're going so as to have a clue of what to tell the officers.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 7:03am On Mar 21, 2018
prettytolar:
Aside having these requirements for travel to Moz.: International passport, return ticket, Invitation letter, what does a flight itinerary looks like?

Let's say someone invited me at Moz. for a week, is it a must to return when the week completes or one can still stay for 30 days?
you can stay, but let me remind you, if you're given a 30 days visa make sure you visit immigration office after two weeks for a renewal, because sometimes their 30 days visa is only valid for 2/3 weeks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 7:06am On Mar 21, 2018
3trillion:
if you want to learn any language at your own pace use:

www.duolingo.com

i am improving already in portuguese language within a week.

its a free online language teaching resource.

I think the OP should share more on:
how to secure permanent residence or extend one's visa in mozambique.

i do not support the idea of over-staying visas in any country or living illegally.

we should learn to respect laws of other nations.
That way, you will be accorded proper treatment.

felicidades (cheers)
to secure permanent residency, all you've got to do is to walk down to their immigration office and apply for a visa extension or permanent residency, it doesn't require much.

I will give more details about that soon

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 7:08am On Mar 21, 2018
oluwarichie:
Can anyone help with an invite to Mozambique
you don't need one.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 7:10am On Mar 21, 2018
oluwarichie:
and what if you are questioned what one is doing in Mozambique at the point of entry? Tourist?
yeah 'tourist'
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by ariesbull: 7:30am On Mar 21, 2018
edoman2016:

You are a joker. You are comparing a country of 180 million population (huge market) and second largest economy in Africa with Mozambique. In every economic indices, Nigeria is richer and far ahead of Mozambique. Mozambique is a country ranked among the poorest countries in the world.

Despite our high population of 186 million, our per capita GDP of $2,177.99 is double of Mozambique's. Note: the population of Mozambique is just 30 million. It implies an average Nigerian have more income to spend than an average Mozambican.

I am sure you don't know anything about starting and running a business when you said you have got 80℅ chance of succeeding in Mozambique compared to Nigeria. An entrepreneur will want to establish his business in a country with good middle class and disposable income to spend on goods and services. How can it be possible in Mozambique when they are the 7th poorest country in the world? What is the purchasing power of their citizens? After South Africa, Nigeria is a very big investment attraction to foreign investor.

Chairman it's not how huge a country population is but what is the disposable income...the northern Nigeria has bigger land mass and population but Lagos with small landmass and population tops the chart followed by Anambra state and Rivers

So we are talking of
Business opportunity
Enabling environment
Ease of doing business
Tax rebate
Infrastructure

And Nigeria doesn't have these ....

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by ariesbull: 7:32am On Mar 21, 2018
Iammercy2018:
You all should leave Mr economist alone.

He's an economist so he knows it all

Don't mind him

Luxembourg is the smallest country in Europe with Switzerland but they have more stable economy than the almighty UK

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by prettytolar(f): 9:02am On Mar 21, 2018
Iammercy2018:
to secure permanent residency, all you've got to do is to walk down to their immigration office and apply for a visa extension or permanent residency, it doesn't require much.

I will give more details about that soon

Ok, will expect.

Muito obrigada.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by prettytolar(f): 9:12am On Mar 21, 2018
Is a return ticket advisable?
And what about Hotel bookings?
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by ajafem: 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
Please hw much is the visa fee on arrival
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by oluwarichie(m): 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
@lammercy2018. Thank you so much for your response and contributions on this thrend..... Really appreciate
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
ariesbull:

Don't mind him

Luxembourg is the smallest country in Europe with Switzerland but they have more stable economy than the almighty UK

Two Nigeria cities Abuja (213) and Lagos (212) Also made it into the top 20 worst cities to live in Africa.

Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital was ranked 213 out of 231 countries making it the 13th worst city to live in Africa, while Lagos was ranked 212, making it the 14th worst city to live in Africa..

Below are The top 15 worst cities to live in Africa 2018. From least worst (15) to worst (1)

15. Harare, Zimbabwe
14. Lagos, Nigeria
13. Abuja, Nigeria
12. Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
11. Antananarivo, Madagascar
10. Tripoli, Libya
9. Niamey, Niger
8. Bamako, Mali
7. Nouakchott, Mauritania
6. Conakry, Guinea Republic
5. Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4. Brazzaville, Congo
3. N’Djamena Chad
2. Khartoum Sudan
1. Bangui Central African Republic
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by ariesbull: 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Two Nigeria cities Abuja (213) and Lagos (212) Also made it into the top 20 worst cities to live in Africa.

Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital was ranked 213 out of 231 countries making it the 13th worst city to live in Africa, while Lagos was ranked 212, making it the 14th worst city to live in Africa..

Below are The top 15 worst cities to live in Africa 2018. From least worst (15) to worst (1)

15. Harare, Zimbabwe
14. Lagos, Nigeria
13. Abuja, Nigeria
12. Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
11. Antananarivo, Madagascar
10. Tripoli, Libya
9. Niamey, Niger
8. Bamako, Mali
7. Nouakchott, Mauritania
6. Conakry, Guinea Republic
5. Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4. Brazzaville, Congo
3. N’Djamena Chad
2. Khartoum Sudan
1. Bangui Central African Republic

Don't mind him...he think say been big is been progressing

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 9:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
ajafem:
Please hw much is the visa fee on arrival
just hold at least 60/100$ for the Visa, tho you ain't going to pay more than 50$

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 9:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
oluwarichie:
@lammercy2018. Thank you so much for your response and contributions on this thrend..... Really appreciate
you're welcome
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
Photo update tomorrow sorry for the delay, I have this photos on my phone since 3 days ago but so busy to update them here.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 9:34pm On Mar 21, 2018
Instead of waiting until tomorrow let me just share the pictures today, I don't know if I'll be busy again tomorrow

Below is a picture I took of an hotel called 'Maritimo' in the heart of the city of Maputo.

Enjoy the view grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
Second photo

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
This are the few pictures I was able to snap on the street of Maputo before my phone went down

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 9:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
There are a lot of towers in Maputo, especially in the city centre

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
This is all for now, more to follow in few days time.

Stay tuned.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by prettytolar(f): 10:33pm On Mar 21, 2018
Iammercy2018:
Instead of waiting until tomorrow let me just share the pictures today, I don't know if I'll be busy again tomorrow

Below is a picture I took of an hotel called 'Maritimo' in the heart of the city of Maputo.

Enjoy the view grin
This one they are built Hotel on top water. Hope water won't shift the Hotel and carry some people?
angry I'm scared

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 22, 2018
prettytolar:

This one they are built Hotel on top water. Hope water won't shift the Hotel and carry some people?
angry I'm scared
Hahaha
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 7:55am On Mar 22, 2018
prettytolar:

angry I'm scared
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by ajafem: 11:41am On Mar 22, 2018
@iammercy thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by suyamasta(m): 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2018
@Op This is nice how affordable is it for a tourist in terms of transport and accomodation cost?
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2018
ajafem:
@iammercy thanks so much.
you're welcome
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
suyamasta:
@Op This is nice how affordable is it for a tourist in terms of transport and accomodation cost?
transport very affordable, accommodation depends on the area you wish to live in but generally it's also very affordable but more cheaper on the outskirt of the city

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by suyamasta(m): 2:19am On Mar 23, 2018
Iammercy2018:
transport very affordable, accommodation depends on the area you wish to live in but generally it's also very affordable but more cheaper on the outskirt of the city
Ok very nice, thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by AndyCole16(m): 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
Iammercy2018:
You are making me considering this country as my first tourist destination with my wife maybe around November.
Thanks a lot for your posts

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by cyril83(m): 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
Op must be living in a remote village before relocating to Portugal... posting pictures of dirty and dry beach, an old school sky scraper, average tied roads and some older pictures.

can anyone compare the posted beach to any in Nigeria? None of those posted pics can match any in Nigeria.

Nigeria is bad, fine but relocating to Mozambique is not the right step. I have been to about 12 african countries including Moz, and I met with lotta Nigerians running biz. Most of these successful guyz you see around involve in one or too fraud, you just have to believe me when i say that.

The question op is not answering and some frustrated Nigerians didn't ask the op. Is this Op relocating permanently to Moz or on holidays?

Op should take her time to look around if she would see much of female Nigerians, we only have much male 9ja in Moz coz of fraud and most 9ja ladies u see around are their people

You guyz should look very well before you leap.
No thinking right senses Nigerian would prefer Moz to Nigeria without scam.

If na by pictures and beaches, you can easily catch those view in some cities in 9ja and if na by hustle Moz no be right place but if na by scam, my guy enta their sharperly, from there u fit also enta tanzania and Kenya run some shit too beware no enta southy coz e don cast. the op might even be on fraud voyage.

Instead of travelling to Moz or any African countries, kukuma get yourself a small Europe country.

No African country is worth staying except you have a criminal mind.

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Truck Loaded With Cows Collides With High-Tension Wire In Anambra (Graphic Pix) / Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.