Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (148596 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
jln115:

Thanks dude!! I've seen some nice looking Boerboels in Nigeria as well though....... I personally know of a few dogs that have been exported toe Nigeria.

And no he has not been Appraised yet.... Will be once his 2 years old.

Alright nice meeting you guys here. Thanks for stopping by all the same
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 11:26am On Nov 30, 2019
vincentjk:

Just click on page 23 you'll see everything attached to his tragic death cry
OK
Just returning after a long time.. Make I go read am.
Hardluck
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2019
vincentjk:
Gustaf killed a green snake and cut of it's head OMG shocked

Heard weird noise last night, wondering what was going on in the front yard unknown to me my boy has caught an intruder

Who knows if this snake would have sneaked into our cars or store but this guy stopped and tore it into pieces.... It stinks so bad that i didn't want to take any more pictures of it rather than throw it away asap

By the way, I'm already making plans to get another pup since murphy's demise but still contemplating on the breed to go for, this time I'm going for a pedigree

Anyone has a suggestion for me?
Will suggest you trh a Belgian Malinois. Close to a GSD and have about same enegery level with a DDR. Highly intelligent and a general purpose dog. They don't continually challenge the alpha position unlike Rotts, Boerboel and Caucs. Cos you can trvell and be sure your family is in safe hands
Oluomoadebayo is into Belgian and he does pedigree. Perhaps he can be of HELP. He's got great stock too
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
okikiosibodu:
OK
Just returning after a long time.. Make I go read am.
Hardluck

Alright bro. Read and be satisfied cool

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Will suggest you trh a Belgian Malinois. Close to a GSD and have about same enegery level with a DDR. Highly intelligent and a general purpose dog. They don't continually challenge the alpha position unlike Rotts, Boerboel and Caucs. Cos you can trvell and be sure your family is in safe hands
Oluomoadebayo is into Belgian and he does pedigree. Perhaps he can be of HELP. He's got great stock too

Awch your reply is late, I got a boerboel already. Just read on you'll get to meet him
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2019
vincentjk:

Awch your reply is late, I got a boerboel already. Just read on you'll get to meet him
Yes.. Really a late comer k. This one and e pain me die. Been scouting phone section for some months now. Had to change my device nd spend quality time searching for the best, within my budget. I really missed a lot, and I wish to own a GSD like Gustaf. I for don offer to buy am sef, if I had the requirements to own a dog now. Stil trying to catch up on the thread though. Started from page 22, on page 28 now.. Quick question, if it doesn't make you uncomfortable
How did you handle Murphy's demise (I have cried for a boerboel that isn't mine, when I remembered our moments together even more that 2yrs after it's demise, cis of how well we bonded. Can't imagine a great owner like you)
How did Gustaf handle the demise of his beloved partner? Did he cry occasionally?
How did you dispose of Murphy's carcass
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
IamAnderson:

bro don't answer the idiot again, don't you know that username? cheesy
it's just a sad,pathetic,useless, jobless poor sap behind the screen don't bother wasting your energy replying him.
he's just an attention LovePeddler and he isn't on your thread to reason
It's like we have representatives of people With this exact personality, on different sections. Pathetic if you ask me. Silence treatment is usually the best response. Thanks for the heads up.

Never argue wit an idiot: they'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Yes.. Really a late comer k. This one and e pain me die. Been scouting phone section for some months now. Had to change my device nd spend quality time searching for the best, within my budget. I really missed a lot, and I wish to own a GSD like Gustaf. I for don offer to buy am sef, if I had the requirements to own a dog now. Stil trying to catch up on the thread though. Started from page 22, on page 28 now.. Quick question, if it doesn't make you uncomfortable
How did you handle Murphy's demise (I have cried for a boerboel that isn't mine, when I remembered our moments together even more that 2yrs after it's demise, cis of how well we bonded. Can't imagine a great owner like you)
How did Gustaf handle the demise of his beloved partner? Did he cry occasionally?
How did you dispose of Murphy's carcass

After Murphy's death Gustaf wouldn't eat, play nor exercise freely as he always did. He was like this for more than 2weeks which caused emotional setback for me looking at him lying around sometimes panting. He was really depressed that I had to call my vet for assistance before something bad happens to him

For me, damn it wasn't easy at all as my heart went cold through out that month loosing my best friend whom I've bonded with for 3yrs, but then what do I do? After all i believe all dogs for to heaven so i had to accept the fate and move on. I believe God knows best cry

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2019
agboedeh:
Don't worry. They are totally safe for dogs. Not only safe but healthy.
U could google it for ur own peace of mind... "pawpaw (papaya) healthy for dogs"
Jack eats it all the time and he loves it
fowlyansh181:
please google this before giving your dog stuffs.. although my dogs love banana a lot and can finish a bunch, I have never heard nor tested the pawpaw theory
vincentjk:

The only fruit i give my older dog is carrot, as in he eats it well because i learnt it's good for dogs
I thought onions, chocolates and fruits (I think carrot is a legume rather than fruit) are harmful to dogs... Am I wrong?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I thought onions, chocolates and fruits (I think carrot is a legume rather than fruit) are harmful to dogs... Am I wrong?
fruits aren't bad for dogs
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2019
IamAnderson:

fruits aren't bad for dogs
Ok... What of onions and chocolates?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
space9880:
I don't know if clingier is correct but[b] I haven't seen a dog clingier than a Dobberman grin[/b] my only problem with GSD is that they don't get tired my GSD was always ready there was a day we went for a 6KM jog when we came back I thought she would be calm and relax but I was wrong she starting her unnecessary barking almost immediately
So I learnt from Caesar Milan show, and the video I saw was really terrifying, until it was corrected int the dog.. The anxiety problem was really alarming. A camera was planted in the sitting, the owners gave the dog a rub and Walked out. The dog ran y the window after the dog was shut and watched the owners go out of site. After like 5mins, it started whining. It does that for more that 8rhs til the owners return everytime. But when they also return, you need to see the energy at which the Doberman use to welcome them. Such a hug one almost knocking them over. It does like it has not seen its owner for weeks... Can you envisage tht kind of energy for a good owner
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2019
IamAnderson:

lmao he's basically my son cheesy
I raised him since he was still tripping over his feet so i had to carry him sometimes when he was a 4 week old pup alone without littermates till he grew up to an adult dog, I also thought him every thing he knows so I'm really attached grin

and the grooming is done by me so I appreciate the compliments wink
In your mind, you are feeling like a father
I knw that confidence with bragging right about huge bondings. Kudos to you

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2019
okikiosibodu:
Ok... What of onions and chocolates?
those are bad

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2019
fowlyansh181:
i have a pedigree Caucasian, seven of mine friends have a pedigree Caucasian, few of my work colleagues have pedigree caucasians, caucasians are just large teddy bears.. mind you I also own other dogs /breed, they instinctively keep at alert and are very active guard dogs ...

Age isn’t really a matter here any dog that will be a good guard dog starts showing signs from puppy hood, all my other dogs did and still do..
You're right, and at the same time wrong.
Many of the Caucs in Nigeria are adulterated, and their genes are messed up. Why, many "breeders" improve on looks and sizes since that is what many buyers are interested in, but the genetic make up of a real Cauc gets messed up in the dog, so u basically have to teach it to do what it ought to do naturally. I have heard of really big Caucs that are very timid. They every run from strangers, some hardly bark. Saw a thread several years ago about dogw walk that 2 Caucs couldn't participate in cos of their sizes: they were tired.
But for a pedigree Cauc... A real one, the gaurd instincts come naturally. I learnt there are really reputable breeders with good stock similar to foreign ones in Jos, and PH, and I think Delta state
A Cauc can be a killing machine if not well socialized.. It is quite territorial than a rott. It is not meant for a first timer that has no canine knowledge
It's a time bomb waiting to explode
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2019
okikiosibodu:

In your mind, you are feeling like a father
I knw that confidence with bragging right about huge bondings. Kudos to you
lmao you know nah

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
Endy10:
First Aggression in a dog is a bad thing. Don't know why people think a dog being aggressive means it has good traits.

A dog can be a good guard dog or watch dog without being an aggressive dog. Now that's how you know a well bred dog.

Even a chihuahua can be aggressive. It doesn't have anything to do with the dog size.

OP, I love Gustaf. I'm a sucker for Gsds. Hope you're giving him the necessary training. Would be nice if you posted some videos of him performing some basic commands
Finally, here is someone that gets my point. Many of them intend saying "territorial" when they use the word "aggressive"
Cc:IamAnderson
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
vincentjk:

?After all i believe all dogs for to heaven so i had to accept the fate and move on. I believe God knows best cry
Yeah, there are no bad dogs, only bad owners. Sorry sey my own don dey too much for your thread, was trying to catch up on it. It feels so good to be home.
How did you dispose of Murphy' s carcass?.
Pls reply your dm.. Possible you send you WhatsApp number via it
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
vincentjk:

Lols December sounds far because it's Christmas season but it's actually next month. I'm planning on buying augusto's direct sister too (the one i placed for sale last week). She's a brindle cute bab[color=#990000][/color]

What do you think?
agboedeh:

Buy the female pup. It would be a very good idea.
BLAIDE:

Won't u be running the risk of inbreeding if u get the litter mate?
vincentjk:

I never said I'd breed her, I'm a dog lover not a breeder
I was going to talk about inbreeding. I wil advice against such, esp since you are not a breeder. You can stil patronise same breeder, but not same litter. Side-breeding is stilk quite better but even at that, great knowledge comes into play. Some breeders that knoe their onions inbreed but this is done among pedigrees and it is aimed at getting a result.
Fine you might agree not to breed two of them together but isn't it stressful looking for a stud when the bitch comes on heat, whereas you have a male Boerboel? Also will your mind be at rest when you are away from home, knowing the bitch is on heat?
What will you do when you return home and do over they have mated?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2019
You guys are here dining while I'm on the other thread trying to convince someone about a thing.

Lol
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 6:26am On Dec 01, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Finally, here is someone that gets my point. Many of them intend saying "territorial" when they use the word "aggressive"
Cc:IamAnderson
a dog cannot be a guard dog without being aggressive.
aggression is being violent or being willing to be violent, it doesn't mean being reckless and uncontrollable.
even the most well trained police dogs are aggressive and can kill on command, they actually drop any dog that doesn't show sign of aggression off the k9 squad.
aggression is not a bad thing in dogs, aggression is very normal, it only becomes bad when the dog is reckless and uncontrollable.
check my first reply I sent to you about this issue I also attached the definition of aggression, as far as the dog growls, barks or attack it's an aggressive dog.
a dog can be aggressive and well balanced and trained.
territoriality is being aggressive to intruders that breach your territory, a dog cannot be called territorial without being aggressive, if an intruder steps in it'll either be violent or show willingness to be violent which is defined as aggression

it's just that a lot of Nigerians see "aggressive" as dogs that are reckless and uncontrollable which is wrong, a dog can be aggressive and well balanced, aggression isn't a bad trait in dogs.
every guard dog is an aggressive dog but not every aggressive dog is a good guard dog

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 8:19am On Dec 01, 2019
IamAnderson:

a dog cannot be a guard dog without being aggressive.
aggression is being violent or being willing to be violent, it doesn't mean being reckless and uncontrollable.
even the most well trained police dogs are aggressive and can kill on command, they actually drop any dog that doesn't show sign of aggression off the k9 squad.
aggression is not a bad thing in dogs, aggression is very normal, it only becomes bad when the dog is reckless and uncontrollable.
check my first reply I sent to you about this issue I also attached the definition of aggression, as far as the dog growls, barks or attack it's an aggressive dog.
a dog can be aggressive and well balanced and trained.
territoriality is being aggressive to intruders that breach your territory, a dog cannot be called territorial without being aggressive, if an intruder steps in it'll either be violent or show willingness to be violent which is defined as aggression

it's just that a lot of Nigerians see "aggressive" as dogs that are reckless and uncontrollable which is wrong, a dog can be aggressive and well balanced, aggression isn't a bad trait in dogs.
every guard dog is an aggressive dog but not every aggressive dog is a good guard dog
I get you brother.... Probably I am the one not conveying the message properly. I will let it die a natural death now. Will come back forit later like Dino Malaye grin.
How are you doing and how's our canine hero?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I get you brother.... Probably I am the one not conveying the message properly. I will let it die a natural death now. Will come back forit later like Dino Malaye grin.
How are you doing and how's our canine hero?
we're both good smiley

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by 4lashy(m): 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2019
Oscar, my 5 months old Boerboel is down with Parvo... treatment has been ongoing for the past 4 days. I hope he survives this.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 12:04am On Dec 02, 2019
4lashy:
Oscar, my 5 months old Boerboel is down with Parvo... treatment has been ongoing for the past 4 days. I hope he survives this.
sorry, I hope he makes it too
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:20am On Dec 02, 2019
4lashy:

What a sad news, get tumeric and administer immidiately
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by oluomoadebayo: 10:35am On Dec 03, 2019
okikiosibodu:

The good ones will challenge your alpha position more than any breed of dogs and the DDR don’t have their stamina.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 11:08am On Dec 03, 2019
oluomoadebayo:

The good ones will challenge your alpha position more than any breed of dogs and the DDR don’t have their stamina.
Really!? Great to know. We learn everyday. Fell in love more with the breed when I watched a video of Triump honouring a Belgian in white House for a successful operation. I remembered you instantly. grin
Regards to "our" lovely canines
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2019
4lashy:
Amen
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:45am On Dec 05, 2019
On Monday morning i noticed a change in Augusto's behaviour but couldn't comprehend what was wrong until i returned from work in the evening. Augusto is sick, has gotten real lean and his appetite is nowhere to be found sad

I hope and pray he recovers with time so that he'd do some filling, I need to walk him for the first time this Christmas like i said earlier smiley

I took this screenshot from someone's status wishing Augusto a quick recovery, a Nairalander and a dog lover her moniker is Lolipopandy

Let's all wish him quick recovery

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by tobilavish(m): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2019
Get well soon August......sad
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by tobilavish(m): 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2019
Awww

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.