Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,106 members, 7,863,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:04 AM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (149907 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
vincentjk:
He's gradually bulking up and the features are already becoming obvious at 4months
shebi I told you he'll bulk up again? wink
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
IamAnderson:

shebi I told you he'll bulk up again? wink

You you did bro, good feeding coupled with some other things have been really helping sha

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
Took my boy to the beach today:

8 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
jln115:

Nice shades, I like his looks

How old now?

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
vincentjk:

Nice shades, I like his looks

How old now?
almost 18 months
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
jln115:
almost 18 months

Looks so big. Quality is really good shocked

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
jln115:
beautiful

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
vincentjk:

Looks so big. Quality is really good shocked
thanks bro, his around 80kg now, so he might get up to around 85-90kg when fully grown.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
jln115:
thanks bro, his around 80kg now, so he might get up to around 85-90kg when fully grown.

Damn really??

These quality is quite rare in Nigeria, big ups to south africa
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
vincentjk:

Damn really??

not just Nigeria, I've seen Boerboels from all over the world..... If you want a quality Boerboel, then you need to import from SA. The fact is Boerboels are still used for what they were bred for over here and thus breeders focus on breeding working dogs instead of show dogs, which is what they are doing overseas.

Pic: Mike at a local dog show 3 months ago, this photo really gives you an idea of his size!

4 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
jln115:
not just Nigeria, I've seen Boerboels from all over the world..... If you want a quality Boerboel, then you need to import from SA. The fact is Boerboels are still used for what they were bred for over here and thus breeders focus on breeding working dogs instead of show dogs, which is what they are doing overseas.

Pic: Mike at a local dog show 3 months ago, this photo really gives you an idea of his size!
maaaaaad

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
vincentjk:

Damn really??

There is ooh
Dog yapa for PH nd Lagos
Or when state has dog walk festival or stuff like that, you see pedigree, confirm dogs
And yeah they are rear.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
jln115:

He's awesome looking and yes importing is better in terms of quality

Was mike the pick of his litter?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
Spanishmilf:
There is ooh
Dog yapa for PH nd Lagos
Or when state has dog walk festival or stuff like that, you see pedigree, confirm dogs
And yeah they are rear.

I know there are good boerboels but how many boerboels look this way or better in nigeria?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
vincentjk:

I know there are good boerboels but how many boerboels look this way or better in nigeria?
They are but few
Check out this guy ON ig
Citizenpet
And i also have pedigree boerboel from SA
I have 3
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
vincentjk:

He's awesome looking and yes importing is better in terms of quality

Was mike the pick of his litter?
we actually got him as a gift from a friend however I would say in terms of quality yes.... However he wasn't the biggest in the litter, in fact his (gaint) brother weighed a full 3kg at 2 months, but since then Mike has slightly out grown his brother in terms of size
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
vincentjk:

I know a Nigerian breeder who bought Plaaswag Hulk(88%) from a friend of mine who is one of the top breeders in SA... And that wasn't his first Nigerian customer

So yes there are definitely a few that look like Mike if not bigger in Nigeria
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by lilbarracuda(m): 10:06am On Jan 06, 2020
Seems you guys are having a good time here but lets quibble for a sec here. I'm planning on getting a pup (rot or boerbull) next year but if I'm chanced to get it this year then I will.
I really want to ask some questions about this parvovirus.

what if I decide not to take the pup for medical owing to the fact that the environment is parvovirus free and not other dogs around let's say a new site

over to you bosses
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 10:16am On Jan 06, 2020
Spanishmilf:
They are but few
Check out this guy ON ig
Citizenpet
And i also have pedigree boerboel from SA
I have 3

I quoted you with the write up in that screenshot using main account but got banned instantly, for what reason exactly?? This isn't the first time this is happenning and I still don't know what my offense is

Oga seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd45

Please I need someone to tell me where I went wrong

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 10:21am On Jan 06, 2020
jln115:
we actually got him as a gift from a friend however I would say in terms of quality yes.... However he wasn't the biggest in the litter, in fact his (gaint) brother weighed a full 3kg at 2 months, but since then Mike has slightly out grown his brother in terms of size

Wow maybe Mike is a late bloomer to have weighed more than the pick of the litter, sounds nice

Getting a good puppy as a gift is one of the best gift a dog lover would pray to get lol

My Instagram account is kocee_komkom and ny other new account africanarts_sculptures

Follow me I'll follow back asap (it's me Vincentjk, got banned last night)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 10:22am On Jan 06, 2020
jln115:
I know a Nigerian breeder who bought Plaaswag Hulk(88%) from a friend of mine who is one of the top breeders in SA... And that wasn't his first Nigerian customer

So yes there are definitely a few that look like Mike if not bigger in Nigeria

Yes but few
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 10:47am On Jan 06, 2020
lilbarracuda:
Seems you guys are having a good time here but lets quibble for a sec here. I'm planning on getting a pup (rot or boerbull) next year but if I'm chanced to get it this year then I will.
I really want to ask some questions about this parvovirus.

what if I decide not to take the pup for medical owing to the fact that the environment is parvovirus free and not other dogs around let's say a new site

over to you bosses

This isn't advisable at all, dhlpp should be given at due time and yearly as well, the vaccine also prevents other diseases as well not just parvo virus

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2020
animalhuman:

I quoted you with the write up in that screenshot using main account but got banned instantly, for what reason exactly?? This isn't the first time this is happenning and I still don't know what my offense is

Oga seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd45

I will show u My kennel BB u don't knoe all breeders in naija bro
Lagos dog walk i saw kangal, i saw tibetan mastiff, dogo argentino
Boerboel twice as the guy own
I will upload pix later
If dog walk come up in my state i go show u many dog wella
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
Spanishmilf:
I will upload pix later

I'm actually talking of boerboels alone and not other breeds

Btw I didn't say magic is the biggest/best in Nigeria biko

Calidon mufasa, NGKD ROLO and NGKD Bob alone are netter than him, please don't say what I didn't say

And there's no boerboel twice as that dog's size anywhere, please don't overhype things

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
animalhuman:

Oga seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd45

Spambot.....

Anyway it's difficult to say what Mike will be scored, as he has not been appraised yet, but his father was appraised 87% and his mother 86%.....and according to the breeder he believes Mike could potentially score even better than his parents.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by lilbarracuda(m): 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
animalhuman:

This isn't advisable at all, dhlpp should be given at due time and yearly as well, the vaccine also prevents other diseases as well not just parvo virus

okay.
well, I'm asking because you never can tell who you buying from they tell you the pups have gotten em shots and all. some don't even take em pups to the vet. is it any trouble given them those vaccines when the sell says they gotten the shots
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by lilbarracuda(m): 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
jln115:

this is rad!!!!!
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2020
animalhuman:

I'm actually talking of boerboels alone and not other breeds

Btw I didn't say magic is the biggest/best in Nigeria biko

Calidon mufasa, NGKD ROLO and NGKD Bob alone are netter than him, please don't say what I didn't say

And there's no boerboel twice as that dog's size anywhere, please don't overhype things

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
Spanishmilf:
I will upload pix later
Mike certainly isn't the biggest boerboel around but at 76cm(biggest ever registered is 83cm) at the withers and a 73cm head he certainly is on the bigger end of the scale when it comes to boerboels..... And as for his weight he is a verified 80.1kg as weighed by the vet, so many people claim there dogs weigh 90kg or even a 100kg when in actual fact they are more around the 80kg mark. When fully grown I expect Mike to be around 85-88kg, which is huge!

Not saying there aren't Boerboels bigger than Mike in Nigeria but there are certainly not Boerboels twice Mike's size or Boerboels that will dwarth Mike anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2020
[quote author=Spanishmilf post=85554377][/quote]

So this dog looks 2x bigger than the said dog?

What's his appraisal score, name and owner/kennel?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by animalhuman: 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2020
jln115:

Spambot.....

Anyway it's difficult to say what Mike will be scored, as he has not been appraised yet, but his father was appraised 87% and his mother 86%.....and according to the breeder he believes Mike could potentially score even better than his parents.

Hopefully he'll come in in flying colours, when do you plan on appraising him?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.