Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (21016 Views)

Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song / John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies / Danjuma: After We Arrested Aguiyi Ironsi, I Lost Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
ofai:

Mumu, who said Edo is an ethnicity? I just stated that you were from that state, but I don't know your ethnicity? So I keep asking, why are you ashamed of your ethnicity? What is your ethnicity?

You are a waste of time.

You are sick upstairs. First of all you are ashamed of your state hence your refusal to even mention it at all let alone your ethnicity.
Among the Edo State ethnicities of Bini, Ishan and Afemai, which one of them is not known for excellence all over the country and beyond to warrant being ashamed of?
You smell of shameless ignorance.
At least I have mentioned my state and given you a few credentials which have scared and intimidated you so much that you will never mention yours let alone your ethnicity within it.
Mention your own state so that we now both go into ethnicity if you are sure your ethnicity is as popular as any of Edo's.
You don't want to mention your state to someone who has already mentioned his, yet you want him to go on to mention his ethnicity while you hide both your own state and ethnicity. Igbo wayo!

You Igbos are always fondest of probing people's specific ethnicities and tribes yet the same people are the quickest to label others as tribalistic. Why
You are so interested in my ethnicity but even your state you can't even disclose to start with. Very dubious thing!

Since you are so good at guessing, what now stops you from guessing my ethnicity. You could guess my state from among the six SS states, yet you can't guess my ethnicity from among just three? Shame on your intelligence.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofai: 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
Deadlytruth:

So what now qualifies an Igbo man above an Edo person in speaking for Urhobos, Ijaw, Itshekiri, Isoko, etc? I have all these tribes in my state of Edo while you don't have them in yours. So who between you and me is qualified to speak for them?

Do you even know what ethnicity means? Why not tell us your own specific ethnicity in Igbo land? Or you think we don't know that Igbos have ethnicities too?
It is exactly you that reeks of inferiority complex. Tell us which Igbo ethnicity you are if you are not ashamed of it.
Only Igbos are always so crazy about other people's ethnicities because they feel inferior, yet they easily accuse others of being tribalistic.

If you could rightly guess that I am from Edo State, then why can't you also rightly guess my ethnicity since you are so good at guessing? Why is your guessing gift failing when it comes to ethnicity?
Is your right guessing ability selective?

Yes, I am happy you now seem to understand that Edo people are the most resentful and antagonistic of Ironsi because we were actually the hardest hit by his asinine and preposterous Unification Decree.
You hate Awolowo for allegedly causing the loss of your most cherished Biafra dream, yet you want us to love Ironsi who likewise caused our loss of fulfilment of our potential greatness as a Nigerian State or independent country. Double standards.
Ironsi decided to hold others back with his useless decrees because he saw clearly the enormous developmental speed with which the other regions would overtake his own.

You keep hating, we keep soaring.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
ofai:

Dude, igbos are indigenous to Delta state too. Stop speaking for okocha, okonjo-iweala, col. Achuzia, asagba of asaba, tony elumelu, Herbert wigwe, and my cousins in ugwuashi-ukwu, etc...they are proud igbos in the so-called south-south. Face your Edo, but please be bold enough to state your ethnicity.
I can now see that you are as foolish as the Ironsi you have been defending.
If not, where did you see any mention of Delta Igbos in my enumeration of the Delta State tribes I am more qualified than you to speak for? You are a fool honestly! You don't even digest when you read. No wonder you have been having a hard time understanding how Ironsi's Unification Decree caused the death of federalism.

1 Like

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofai: 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
Deadlytruth:

You are sick upstairs. First of all you are ashamed of your state hence your refusal to even mention it at all let alone your ethnicity.
Among the Edo State ethnicities of Bini, Ishan and Afemai, which one of them is not known for excellence all over the country and beyond to warrant being ashamed of?
You smell of shameless ignorance.
At least I have mentioned my state and given you a few credentials which have scared and intimidated you so much that you will never mention yours let alone your ethnicity within it.
Mention your own state so that we now both go into ethnicity if you are sure your ethnicity is as popular as any of Edo's.
You don't want to mention your state to someone who has already mentioned his, yet you want him to go on to mention his ethnicity while you hide both your own state and ethnicity. Igbo wayo!

You Igbos are always fondest of probing people's specific ethnicities and tribes yet the same people are the quickest to label others as tribalistic. Why
You are so interested in my ethnicity but even your state you can't even disclose to start with. Very dubious thing!

Since you are so good at guessing, what now stops you from guessing my ethnicity. You could guess my state from among the six SS states, yet you can't guess my ethnicity from among just three? Shame on your intelligence.

I actually I thought I was discussing with an intelligent and open-minded person. I didn't know I was dealing with charlatan, a bitter and pathetic soul.

You are an intellectual wannabe. Long noisy but empty revisionist.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
ofai:

Edo is NOT an ethnicity. State your ethnicity and stop making a mess of yourself here.

It was you who after asking for my ethnicity, claimed you guessed right that it is Edo. So please tell that to yourself.

You can't cajole me into telling you my ethnicity when you yourself have refused to tell me your state after I have announced mine. Never!
You mention your state like I have done, then we now go into ethnicity. You want to know my ethnicity so that you will begin to bash it while I will not be able to respond since I will not have known yours! He he he he..... You suppose know say that Igbo trick no go fit work for Edo man na!
E don tey wey Edo get sense o!
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofai: 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Deadlytruth:

I can now see that you are as foolish as the Ironsi you have been defending.
If not, where did you see any mention of Delta Igbos in my enumeration of the Delta State tribes I am more qualified than you to speak for? You are a fool honestly! You don't even digest when you read. No wonder you have been having a hard time understanding how Ironsi's Unification Decree caused the death of federalism.

.....and your other military leaders' "intervention" resurrected true federalism right? Hypocritical sadist.

Thank God for history and posterity. The economic policies of the regions were still intact under ironsi until your "saviours" killed and buried true federalism.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofai: 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
Deadlytruth:

It was you who after asking for my ethnicity, claimed you guessed right that it is Edo. So please tell that to yourself.

You can't cajole me into telling you my ethnicity when you yourself have refused to tell me your state after I have announced mine. Never!
You mention your state like I have done, then we now go into ethnicity. You want to know my ethnicity so that you will begin to bash it while I will not be able to respond since I will not have known yours! He he he he..... You suppose know say that Igbo trick no go fit work for Edo man na!
E don tey wey Edo get sense o!

It is only a dullard who wouldn't know that I am unapologetically Igbo. As for your shameful self, you are scared of stating your ethnicity. Shame!
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
ofai:

I actually I thought I was discussing with an intelligent and open-minded person. I didn't know I was dealing with charlatan, a bitter and pathetic soul.

You are an intellectual wannabe. Long noisy but empty revisionist.

From the beginning I knew I was discussing with a shameless revisionist blinded to the truth by tribal ego. I only played along because I knew you would end up resorting to insults when finally cornered.
Igbos who are honest, smart and sincere do acknowledge that Ironsi's Decrees killed federalism and set even Igbos themselves back. Just check about six comments back and you'll see an example. Those are the kind of Igbos I respect. They are intelligent enough to know that the only way to absolve the entire Igbos of Ironsi's and Zik's blunders is to simply denounce them
and dissociates the entire Igbos from their actions.
But your likes are too dull and dry to know the shame in defending very obvious blunders in the name of tribal loyalism.
Had it been someone else proposed the secession clause and Enahoro joined in resisting it, Edos would have by today been denying him and even claiming he was not really one of them. Had it been it was an Edo person that promulgated the Unification and Anti-seccession Decrees, Edo's would have been telling the whole world today that he acted purely for his own selfish interest rather than even attempt to put up a defense on his behalf.
Just look at Tony Anenih. He is a very good example of all that is wrong with Nigeria. In fact he was part and parcel of the hegemony which ruined the country. How many Edos have you ever seen rise to his defense on social media?
In fact his own Esan people loath him more than outsiders. That is the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofai: 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
Deadlytruth:

From the beginning I knew I was discussing with a useless man blinded to the truth by tribal ego. I only played along because I knew you would end up resorting to insults when finally cornered.
Igbos who are honest and sincere do acknowledge that Ironsi's Decrees killed federalism and set even Igbos back. Just check about six comments back and you'll see an example. Those are the kind of Igbos I respect. They are intelligent enough to know that the only way to absolve the entire Igbos of Ironsi's and Zik's blunders is to condemn and denounce these two men.
But your likes are too dull to know the shame in defending very obvious blunders in the name of tribal loyalism.
Had it been someone else proposed the secession clause and Enahoro joined in resisting it, Edos would have by today been denying him and even claiming he was not really one of them. Has it been it was an Edo person that promulgated the Unification and Anti-seccession Decrees, Edo's would have been telling the whole world today that he acted purely for his own selfish interest. Just look at Tony Anenih. He is a very good example of all that is wrong with Nigeria. In fact he was part and parcel of the hegemony which ruined the country. How many Edos have you ever seen rise to his defense on social media?
In fact his own Esan people loath him more than outsiders. That is the difference

The igbos you respect are the ones who should agree with you. Well your respect is inconsequential to me.

Ironsi's shortcomings have been magnified and overestimated and sold to ignorant dummies like you. Very soon the truth will be revealed for every revisionist to hang their heads in shame.

Ironsi is 10 times better than the generals after him.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2018
A sensible Igbo person would have simply absolved the entire Igbo race by just saying that Ironsi acted purely for his own personal lust after power. I have come across few Igbos of such. In fact one of them even told me that Zik's alliance with the North at independence was for his own personal and selfish interest. When I countered him he proved it logically with facts and figures of the results of the results of the 1959 election in the Eastern Region where NPC scored zero, and then asked me how a people who did not give a single vote to Ahmadu Bello's party could have approved of Zik's decision to align with him.
That is how to be intelligent and tactful.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by nonye6194: 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
EvilChild:
Your 10naira note is now useless, but at least more useful than the dullard and certified slow poke in Aso rock.

Aguiyi isn't on the N10 note. Alvan Ikoku rather
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
ofai:

The igbos you respect are the ones who should agree with you. Well your respect is inconsequential to me.

Ironsi's shortcomings have been magnified and overestimated and sold to ignorant dummies like you. Very soon the truth will be revealed for every revisionist to hang their heads in shame.

Ironsi is 10 times better than the generals after him.

The truth is already out and it indicts Ironsi. Much as you try, you can never wash him clean of responsibility for the dismantling of federalism.

I don't even give you any respect in the first instance to warrant its being inconsequential to you. Do you deserve respect for your blind tribal loyalism?

I have said it that you are a dullard. So you now compare which military junta is better than which for a country which began with democracy defined by a world class model system of governance?
So it gives you joy when you look at a pictorial chart of Nigeria's past rulers and see most of them in military caps and Khaki? No wonder you justify mediocrity on the excuse that one mediocre is better than the other. Shame on your level of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofai: 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
Deadlytruth:

The truth is already out and it indicts Ironsi. Much as you try, you can never wash him clean of responsibility for the dismantling of federalism.

I don't even give you any respect in the first instance to warrant its being inconsequential to you. Do you deserve respect for your blind tribal loyalism?

I have said it that you are a dullard. So you now compare which military junta is better than which for a country which began with democracy defined by a world class model system of government? No wonder you justify mediocrity on the alter that one mediocre is better than the other. Shame on your level of intelligence.

When you are done ranting, you can tuck yourself to bed. Don't be offended that I didn't buy your crude and stupid half-truths.

Sleep well....or at least try to.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
ofai:

It is only a dullard who wouldn't know that I am unapologetically Igbo. As for your shameful self, you are scared of stating your ethnicity. Shame!
Are you really this daft? Who would not have known that you were unapologetically but blindly Igbo given how you tried to deny and even justify Ironsi's useless decrees from the very first comment you made on this thread?
You can't hide your state and ethnicity and expect me to give you my ethnicity after having given you my state. That is pure rubbish. Tell me your state first if you are really proud of it.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofai: 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Are you really this daft? Who would not have known that you were unapologetically but blindly Igbo given how you tried to deny and even justify Ironsi's useless decrees from the very first comment you made on this thread?
You can't hide your state and ethnicity and expect me to give you my ethnicity after having given you my state. That is pure rubbish. Tell me your state first if you are really proud of it.

Dumbo I have released you, go and sleep, your reverse psychology isn't working. Try something else
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
ofai:

When you are done ranting, you can tuck yourself to bed. Don't be offended that I didn't buy your crude and stupid half-truths.

Sleep well....or at least try to.

Ironsi's nephew, you can't change history. It is cast in stone. He removed the term "federal" from Nigeria's official name and centralized the civil service.
If you are asked to explain that in a Masters or PhD thesis, would your answer really be that your uncle left the regional structure intact?

Guy you no go ever qualify for the degree o.

1 Like

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Eastlink(m): 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
AK481:

mazi is mister in aro not igbo.it is also used when the father no longer exist.

thanks
Mazi is an Aro word. But has become generally used in central Igbo as mister. The same as Oriaku for Mrs.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
ofai:

Dumbo I have released you, go and sleep, your reverse psychology isn't working. Try something else

Released me? Could you hold me before? Who you be? Can a person defending Ironsi's gaffes hold anyone to ransom in a debate? You don baf at all so?
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2018
Edo is an ethnicity !
Edo-state is a land !
Deadlytruth:

But why would Awolowo and Enahoro be the ones to help Igbos ask for what they (Igbos) had come to need more badly than others? Are you just kidding?
And moreover, were only the votes of Awolowo and Enahoro all that was needed to put secession clause in the 1979 constitution? Were Igbo delegates not in attendance in that conference? Did they themselves propose it there and Awolowo and Enahoro rejected it? Must Igbos always be spoon-fed? I thought you just claimed they were the most intelligent and progressive tribe? So why wait for "dullard" tribes to float a bill which the most intelligent tribe was supposed to champion?

The truth remains that you got all my arguments but keep playing the devil's advocate just to save face.
I thought you asked for my ethnicity? So Edo State is now an ethnicity? Wonders will never really end.
What you lots don't understand is that Edos and Deltans are the South-South's naturally most outspoken people and don't pretend to like what they hate.
These two states resent Igbos more than even the Yorubas whom you call Afonja because they have not gotten over Ojukwu's Midwest invasion which they still view as an act of foreign aggression.

Yes I am from Edo State and very proud of it. That is the state that houses the most powerful pre-colonial kingdom in black Africa. It is the state with the richest culture in Nigeria. The only state to have simultaneously produced the national chairmen of the two largest Nigerian parties in one political dispensation (SDP and NRC). The emblem of the federal ministry of culture and tourism has three icons out of which two are taken from Edo State and the third one is for all the other 35 states put together. The only state whose people's artefacts so rivalled their European counterparts in beauty and craftsmanship that the Europeans themselves fell for the temptation to loot them. The most strategically located state in the country, the only state that has a fair share of almost all the different mineral resources found in the country. The only state that hosts the two largest Nigerian companies in a particular industry - Okomu and Presco, the state that hosts the first Polytechnic in Nigeria, The State that first established LCDAs and houses the first State owned University in Nigeria, The home state of the man that first foresaw the bleak future of Nigeria and proposed secession clause to forestall it, the state of the people whose boundaries remain the only legally created entity together with Delta State in the country's history. I can go on and on. In fact had Ironsi left our federal structure intact, an eventually created Edo State would have been the California equivalent of Nigeria. Under this unproductive unitary system Edo ranks 4th in GDP per capita despite being among the bottom 10 in federal allocation receipts. Just imagine where it would be under true federalism.
That simply explains why we so much detest Ironsi, Zik and Ojukwu who deceived people with one-Nigeria in their dubious quest to impose unitary system. You can take that to the bank.

Each time you claim that Igbos are competitive, industrious and hardworking, I don't get it. How could a genuinely industrious and competition-loving people have rooted rooted for unitary system (disguised as one Nigeria) which inspires laziness, elicits redundancy, encourages the culture of over dependence on handouts from the center, kills initiative and creativity, kills industriousness, etc; at a time all other tribes were asking for federalism which really inspires healthy competition that results in rapid industrialization?
You people just make claims that diverge from logic.
Your actions and preferences in the formative years of Nigeria put you people across as not really competition loving or industrious.
Action speak louder than words.

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 6:02am On Mar 05, 2018
ofai:

.....and your other military leaders' "intervention" resurrected true federalism right? Hypocritical sadist.

Thank God for history and posterity. The economic policies of the regions were still intact under ironsi until your "saviours" killed and buried true federalism.

So you never read it here where I explained that the other military interventionists' mission was to teach Igbos a lesson by sustaining Ironsi's blunders so that after bearing the brunt of being on the receiving end for too long Igbos would come to hate unitary system and perish their fraudulent one Nigeria dream? And has it not really worked today with Igbos now the champion of true federalism, confederalism and secession?
Total lack of comprehension skills. Shame on you!
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 6:09am On Mar 05, 2018
ofai:

You keep hating, we keep soaring.

Soaring to where? Soaring yet complaining of marginalization and seeking to opt out of the confusion you plunged the country into through your useless and retrogressive decrees?

1 Like

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofai: 7:25am On Mar 05, 2018
Deadlytruth:

So you never read it here where I explained that the other military interventionists' mission was to teach Igbos a lesson by sustaining Ironsi's blunders so that after bearing the brunt of being on the receiving end for too long Igbos would come to hate unitary system and perish their fraudulent one Nigeria dream? And has it not really worked today with Igbos now the champion of true federalism, confederalism and secession?
Total lack of comprehension skills. Shame on you!

Till today, you are still "teaching igbos a lesson" right? Your stupidity really amazes me. That said, I didn't know you 'sleep for my matter'.... I just hope you slept well because anything Igbo gives you nightmares.

Keep deluding yourself with your revisionism. Ironsi's didn't interfere with the economy and free press, its there in the books. Your tales by moonlight won't change history.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofai: 7:29am On Mar 05, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Soaring to where? Soaring yet complaining of marginalization and seeking to opt out of the confusion you plunged the country into through your useless and retrogressive decrees?

Yes we are been marginalized, every pundit except wannabes like you knows that. but despite all these, our ingenuity keeps us soaring economically socially and intellectually.
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 7:46am On Mar 05, 2018
ofai:

Till today, you are still "teaching igbos a lesson" right? Your stupidity really amazes me. That said, I didn't know you 'sleep for my matter'.... I just hope you slept well because anything Igbo gives you nightmares.

Keep deluding yourself with your revisionism. Ironsi's didn't interfere with the economy and free press, its there in the books. Your tales by moonlight won't change history.

Crap as usual. Nothing new. If from 1914 to 1967 (a total of 53 years) Igbos refused to face the reality that unitary system was dangerous to a diversity, common sense should have dictated to you that from 1967 to 2018 (a period of 51 years) is less than enough to uproot from them their natural gravitationa towards centricism. Even the Biafra currently being proposed is obviously going to be run on unitary system because all they've been calling it is "Republic of Biafra" rather than Federal Republic of Biafra or United States of Biafra.

Are there not still Igbos still currently priding themselves as the only tribe which genuinely believes in 'One- Nigeria' despite all the ills it has brought upon them?
You think even 100 years are enough to teach such folks lessons?
Of course your duplicity of defending Ironsi's gaffes against the preponderance of evidences kissing and slapping you in the face got me so shocked that I could not sleep all night.

1 Like

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Deadlytruth(m): 7:54am On Mar 05, 2018
ofai:

Yes we are been marginalized, every pundit except wannabes like you knows that. but despite all these, our ingenuity keeps us soaring economically socially and intellectually.

You reason against common sense. You can't be better than those you claim are marginalizing you. It does not make sense? It is like claiming that you are stronger than the person you yourself acknowledge as your oppressor. If really so, then why not use that superior strength of yours to extricate yourself from his hold? Or do you naturally enjoy oppression and marginalization?

1 Like

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofai: 2:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
Deadlytruth:

You reason against common sense. You can't be better than those you claim are marginalizing you. It does not make sense? It is like claiming that you are stronger than the person you yourself acknowledge as your oppressor. If really so, then why not use that superior strength of yours to extricate yourself from his hold? Or do you naturally enjoy oppression and marginalization?

*yawns* *yimu*
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by LaudableXX: 4:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
iconize:
Such a dumbass.

Ironsi is one of those, whose stupidity, caused the ills melted down on the Igbos.

If he had acted wise, the Igbos would still own this country.
Igbos would still own this country.... in what sense? shocked As if people from other tribes do not exist in Nigeria. Can you see the cluelessness in your remarks?
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by LaudableXX: 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
donfemo:
I'm yoruba to start with so I don't even do tribal things. Maj Chukwuma Kaduna's reason for a couple was because the civilians were using the nation's wealth for themselves and in a documentary I watched he said if things continued that way there would be nothing left for the country and there will be no development. That is what we are experiencing today. Brave minds like chukwuma wanted to prevent this with his coup but Ironsi made sure the coup was not successful and the schemed his way to power knowing he was the most senior man in the military.

Chukwuma who you are denying today fought for the Biafra Army and he died in active duty to Biafra. However, because of his outstanding contributions to the Nigerian military, Gen Gowon ensured he was buried in Nigeria with full military honors. We don't know our history hence we don't know who the hero's are.
Chukwuma Nzeogwu was certainly not a hero! angry
Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by LaudableXX: 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
Alariiwo:
That's what they told you.. But I'm saying it as it is.

They killed other high ranking officers and politicians successfully but somehow failed to kill Ironsi and other Igbo elites right?

Keep fooling yourselves.

Let them continue their propaganda. They have forgotten that the events that took place during that coup, were well-documented! undecided

T9ksy:
@ bolded...................abi o jare!!! That's ibo logic 101 for you.

Maimalari escaped Okafor's initial attempt on his life however Ifeajunna went looking for his brigade commander insisting the man must die and when ifeajunna eventually came face -to-face with maimalari, he shot him dead in cold blood.

But when it came to Ironsi, no one went looking for him after the presumable first attempt on his life, failed leaving him free and able to scupper the coup in lagos, anyway.

When Maimalari saw Ifeajuna, he thought help had arrived, not realising that he was the enemy! What a pity!

1 Like

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by LaudableXX: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
Deadlytruth:
Just like the Igbos have continued blaming Britain for their loss of Biafra war after 50 and refusing to shape their destiny by simply asking their legislative arrow head kinsmen Enwerem, Okadigbo, Anyim Pius Anyim, Wabara, Nnamaani and Ekweremadu to simply sponsor a pro-secession referendum bill on the floor of the National Assembly towards legalizing the demand for Biafra and it's eventual easy realization.
Savage!

1 Like

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by LaudableXX: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2018
Deadlytruth:
As per the bolded; Ironsi centralized the civil service immediately he got to power. Now, could you kindly explain how the regions remained functional with their civil service structures taken away from them to the center?
Recall that the civil service is the engine of any government and the only legal institution through which the government exercises all its governing powers.
Waiting for your response.

Oh I love this question! cool

1 Like

Re: Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gidgiddy: 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Just like the Igbos have continued blaming Britain for their loss of Biafra war after 50 and refusing to shape their destiny by simply asking their legislative arrow head kinsmen Enwerem, Okadigbo, Anyim Pius Anyim, Wabara, Nnamaani and Ekweremadu to simply sponsor a pro-secession referendum bill on the floor of the National Assembly towards legalizing the demand for Biafra and it's eventual easy realization.

And after sponsoring a bill on referendum then what? Why do you think that none of those who are agitating gor restructuring have sponsored a restructuring bill by now?

This because the North has such a huge voting power that any bill they dont like has no hope of ever ever being passed into law, wether restructuring or referendum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh / Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu Marches Against Rape, Says Enough Is Enough / APC Appeal Committee Nullifies Benue Guber Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.