Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? (9634 Views)

Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? / I Got The Opportunity To Travel To Finland. / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by Zaytun11(m): 11:01am On Mar 03, 2018
To all nairalanders
I just got my Russia 2018 World Cup fan visa and i have it in mind to cross from Russia to Finland looking for greenland.
House i really need your advice before taking any step.
Your advice is highly welcome
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by onatisi(m): 11:08am On Mar 03, 2018
Zaytun11:
To all nairalanders
I just got my Russia 2018 World Cup fan visa and i have it in mind to cross from Russia to Finland looking for greenland.
you can't cross from Russia to Finland without a Finnish Visa as a Nigerian

11 Likes

Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by Godson201333(m): 11:12am On Mar 03, 2018
Zaytun11:
To all nairalanders

My Brother it is not advisable.First thing is that you have a Russian Visa which doesn't automatically qualify you to enter Finland without being scrutinized.I know you must have been observing the Proximity of Finland to Russia and you probably think it might be easy to enter through land border,I would actually advise you not to embark on such journey because if caught,You jeopardise your chances of entering all the European countries legally later in the future.

Why don't you legally travel down to RUssia, return back to Nigeria and carry out the normal formalities in going to your desired country??

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by Zaytun11(m): 11:16am On Mar 03, 2018
onatisi:
you can't cross from Russia to Finland without a Finnish Visa as a Nigerian

It's possible for me then to get Finnish visa @border?
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by Godson201333(m): 11:25am On Mar 03, 2018
Zaytun11:

Russia is a big country and also very cold...Border towns are always villages which means some security are going to law their hand on you.Moscow or St Petersburg are the most popular cities that you definitely gonna arrive in from Nigeria.

i just checked from Moscow to Finland border,You need approximately 200 hours.

From st Petersburg seems closer 17 hours..

Nope Finland is not gonna issue you any Visa at their port of entry but rather Deport you back to Russia and Russia will Deport you back to Nigeria and Both will place ban on you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by onatisi(m): 11:58am On Mar 03, 2018
Zaytun11:

not possible with a Nigerian passport except maybe you have a Russian residence permit.
Moving through borders in eurpoean countries isn't easy when you don't have the necessary papers,

2 Likes

Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by oshobugie22: 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
Funny

It’s a BIG NO

ur Russian Fan ID is not even a visa

6 Likes

Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by oshobugie22: 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2018
Just enjoy the world cup and come back home cheesy

9 Likes

Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by ugomnaanny: 5:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
How the u get the world cup visa
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by ipledge01: 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
oshobugie22:
Just enjoy the world cup and come back home cheesy
Haha grin naija always see every opportunity to leave the country for greener pastures

1 Like

Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by exnovio(m): 6:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
Zaytun11:
To all nairalanders
its not posible for u to Cross to Finland from Russia, because Russia is not a member of the European Unión.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by mavinc4u(f): 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
Zaytun11:
To all nairalanders

when did you receive your fan id? why not cross as a student may be to Lithuania or so.
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by Godson201333(m): 8:45am On Mar 04, 2018
mavinc4u:

when did you receive your fan id? why not cross as a student may be to Lithuania or so.

It’s not possible,Who will give him student status ?And who told u that the border between Lithuania and Russia is free ??
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by mavinc4u(f): 9:19am On Mar 04, 2018
Godson201333:

It’s not possible,Who will give him student status ?And who told u that the border between Lithuania and Russia is free ??

I said cross as a student, meaning he has to become a student. If he applies to the school, will he not get the admission if he is qualified?
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by mavinc4u(f): 9:32am On Mar 04, 2018
oshobugie22:
Funny

It’s a BIG NO

ur Russian Fan ID is not even a visa

grin is a pass to enter their country and watch world cup.
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by mavinc4u(f): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2018
ugomnaanny:
How the u get the world cup visa

He did not get a visa, you apply for fifa world cup match ticket then get your fan id with that.
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by Godson201333(m): 11:36am On Mar 04, 2018
mavinc4u:

I said cross as a student, meaning he has to become a student. If he applies to the school, will he not get the admission if he is qualified?

You can only apply for a visa of any categories,only if you have the current country residence permit.Eg The Op doesn’t not have russia legal stay,So that’s impossible..
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by mavinc4u(f): 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
Godson201333:

You can only apply for a visa of any categories,only if you have the current country residence permit.Eg The Op doesn’t not have russia legal stay,So that’s impossible..

No is not bro. That country does not have embassy in Nigeria therefore you would have to travel to a country that has their embassy to apply and it would be given to you: that I know very well.
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by onatisi(m): 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
mavinc4u:

No is not bro. That country does not have embassy in Nigeria therefore you would have to travel to a country that has their embassy to apply and it would be given to you: that I know very well.
The op does not even have a visa to Russia ,what the op has is a fan ticket. With that the lithinian embassy will not even entertain the visa application from Russia ,secondly he needs the legal residence permit to apply to an embassy from another country. Even if you go to Ghana and you want to apply for a visa to another country,the embassy will require you to have a residence permit on your naija passport before even looking at ur application

1 Like

Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by mavinc4u(f): 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
onatisi:

The op does not even have a visa to Russia ,what the op has is a fan ticket. With that the lithinian embassy will not even entertain the visa application from Russia ,secondly he needs the legal residence permit to apply to an embassy from another country. Even if you go to Ghana and you want to apply for a visa to another country,the embassy will require you to have a residence permit on your naija passport before even looking at ur application

That route I suggested to op is what I know very well. many students heading to some European countries last year from Nigeria used it to get their visa and some people would still use it this year. All that needs to be done is to book for your visa appointment on time stating the country you are coming from and your reason in Russia. The fan id represents their entry visa as their passport would be stamped.
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
mavinc4u:

..and there is no Lithuanian embassy in any country in Africa? You can't apply for Lithuanian visa from Russia because you don't have resident permit. From what i know French embassy in Nigeria handle Lithuanian visa application only if that has changed now.

1 Like

Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by justwise(m): 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
mavinc4u:

This is misleading info
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by mavinc4u(f): 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
justwise:

This is misleading info

It is not misleading info. Check Estonia thread, that is their route. The only thing is that the guy is going there for hustle instead of schooling which might affect another genuine candidate trying to use that option to apply for study visa. Ask them on Estonia thread if what I said here is true or false.
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by mavinc4u(f): 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

..and there is no Lithuanian embassy in any country in Africa? You can't apply for Lithuanian visa from Russia because you don't have resident permit. From what i know French embassy in Nigeria handle Lithuanian visa application only if that has changed now.

Even Belgium handles Estonia visa in Nigeria but do you know that people traveled to India, Turkey, uk, Egypt and Russia with fan id last year to get the student visa?
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
mavinc4u:

It is not misleading info. Check Estonia thread, that is their route. The only thing is that the guy is going there for hustle instead of schooling which might affect another genuine candidate trying to use that option to apply for study visa. Ask them on Estonia thread if what I said here is true or false.

Its false, you can't apply for visa from Russia to another country holding fan ID which is not even a visa.
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by justwise(m): 2:29pm On Mar 04, 2018
mavinc4u:

Even Belgium handles Estonia visa in Nigeria but do you know that people traveled to India, Turkey, uk, Egypt and Russia with fan id last year to get the student visa?

Which fan ID did they travel to Turkey or UK with? This is just senseless lies
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by mavinc4u(f): 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

Its false, you can't apply for visa from Russia to another country holding fan ID which is not even a visa.

grin you be doubting Thomas. Locate nairaspace on nairaland and ask him the question. I am telling you people went with it to a European country last year.
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by mavinc4u(f): 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
justwise:

Which fan ID did they travel to Turkey or UK with? This is just senseless lies

There was free entry and fan id to Russia last year. Just check google; for cofederation cup 2017

http://m.welcome2018.com/en/journal/materials/russia-begins-issuing-fan-id-for-confederations-cup-2017/

Abeg the fan id is for russia not uk and turkey as those ones are tourist visa.
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by justwise(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2018
mavinc4u:

There was free entry and fan id to Russia last year. Just check google; for cofederation cup 2017

http://m.welcome2018.com/en/journal/materials/russia-begins-issuing-fan-id-for-confederations-cup-2017/

Abeg the fan id is for russia not uk and turkey as those ones are tourist visa.

That link makes no sense as it did not support your argument that fans travel to another country from Russia holding fan ID.

You are misleading people here
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by justwise(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
mavinc4u:

grin you be doubting Thomas. Locate nairaspace on nairaland and ask him the question. I am telling you people went with it to a European country last year.

That's not true
Re: From Russia To Finland It's Advisable? by Godson201333(m): 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
justwise:

That's not true

Nigerians, we like too many Mago Mago things.Just like @Justwise and i quoted,It is not possible for him to procure a student visa from Lithuania and that they don't have embassy in Nigeria is simply not an excuse.Let us always call a spade a spade and spare ourselves the stress of spreading false rumours.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foreign Airlines Reap $700m From Ticket Sales In 8 Months In Nigeria / Am Going To Serbia.. Any Nigerian In Serbia. Or Friend Of A Friend. PLEASE Holla / How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.