Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) (17146 Views)

See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge / The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge / Land Use Charge Law Of 2018: Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by davodyguy: 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
Uberalles:

Many thanks for your informative piece. I have a few questions.

After the 40% relief from the N10,000,000 property. How do you arrive at N 15000 for the N6,000,000 being accessed ?

Is there any difference if it's owner occupier or a third party staying on the property?

Most people like being responsible citizens if the tax is something that they can pay and the process is transparent.

In fact for a N6MILLION assessed value, you're to pay N4500 per annum. Chicken change

There are applicable rates, which are

The Annual Charge Rate to be applied to eligible property in Lagos State shall be as follows:

1.Owner-occupied residential property–0.076% per annum of the assessed property value

2.Owner-occupied pensioner’s property–Exempted from LUC

3.Lagos State Government property–Exempted from LUC

4.Industrial premises of manufacturing concerns–0.256% per annum of the assessed property value

5.Residential property (owner and third party–0.256% per annum of the assessed property value

6.Residential property (without owner in residence)–0.76% per annum of the assessed property value

7.Commercial property (used by occupier for business purposes)–0.76% per annum of the assessed property value

1 Like

Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by Uberalles: 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2018
davodyguy:

In fact for a N6MILLION assessed value, you're to pay N4500 per annum. Chicken change

There are applicable rates, which are

The Annual Charge Rate to be applied to eligible property in Lagos State shall be as follows:

1.Owner-occupied residential property–0.076% per annum of the assessed property value

2.Owner-occupied pensioner’s property–Exempted from LUC

3.Lagos State Government property–Exempted from LUC

4.Industrial premises of manufacturing concerns–0.256% per annum of the assessed property value

5.Residential property (owner and third party–0.256% per annum of the assessed property value

6.Residential property (without owner in residence)–0.76% per annum of the assessed property value

7.Commercial property (used by occupier for business purposes)–0.76% per annum of the assessed property value
Thanks I can see now that my property has been evaluated as a residential property (without owner in residence) which is .76% instead of .076% of property value. Which makes a big difference between something that is reasonable and something that is excessive.

I agree with others that have commented that most landlords will transfer these costs to tennants which is rather unfortunate

.Additionally I seriously doubt their valuation of the property because if that is the market value . Then I am ready to sell and invest in a worth while venture.
Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by ChidiAlaigbo: 12:53pm On Mar 06, 2018
Seenyo:

famished street urchin! have you eaten today?.. definitely not!.... my German Shepards feeds better than your whole hopeless lineage!
iku oro loma pa iya e!
ara San pa baba e!
oma sanku ni -ASE!

Stop being abusive, control your mouth and emotions.

Show us your single plot of land in Lagos state? I bet say your papa sef no get house here let alone you.
German Shepherds ko, American shiwawa ni........alaii leko....

1 Like

Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Stop being abusive, control your mouth and emotions.

Show us your single plot of land in Lagos state? I bet say your papa sef no get house here let alone you.
German Shepherds ko, American shiwawa ni........alaii leko....
hopeless miscreant! asiwere olopolo dorikodo!

I'm miles ahead of your entire lineage!

iya e oni Jere e -ASE!. rest in perfect pieces!
Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by ChidiAlaigbo: 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2018
Seenyo:

hopeless miscreant! asiwere olopolo dorikodo!
iya e oni Jere e -ASE!. rest in perfect pieces!

Oga, Show us your plot of land.
Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Oga, Show us your plot of land.
rest in perfect pieces! thief.
Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by ChidiAlaigbo: 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
Seenyo:

rest in perfect pieces! thief.

Stop mouth action - ele ke ebu!

Put me to shame! By showing us your plot of land.....

Or the pix of the German Shepherd. ....
Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Stop mouth action - ele ke ebu!

Put me to shame! By showing us your plot of land.....

Or the pix of the German Shepherd. ....
send your b*tch, mess-about mother down for a round or two with my bull-mastif on heat!
the pay 'll atleast help your miserable life!
eleribu olofo! eni ai jiri! die-off baaaastard!
Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by ChidiAlaigbo: 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Seenyo:

send your b*tch, mess-about mother down for a round or two with my bull-mastif on heat!
the pay 'll atleast help your miserable life!
eleribu olofo! eni ai jiri! die-off baaaastard!

Check yourself, your frustration is serious. Poverty induced frustration!

I checked your posts only to realised you urgently need deliverance.

On top of it, you are not even omo Yoruba. Ka a da fun e. You will never get a job, a wife, start a business, prosper and may you remain stuck in the country you like calling shithole. See you dey abuse Buhari as if your miserable father achieved 1% of Buhari's life achievements before 50.

Kaa da fun e laye..aye ra ye.

This afternoon alone, I will earn more than you and your papa will earn for the whole of the year 2018.

Olori ko Ri, Omo yanmirin.
Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Check yourself, your frustration is serious. Poverty induced frustration!

I checked your posts only to realised you urgently need deliverance.

On top of it, you are not even omo Yoruba. Ka a da fun e. You will never get a job, a wife, start a business, prosper and may you remain stuck in the country you like calling shithole. See you dey abuse Buhari as if your miserable father achieved 1% of Buhari's life achievements before 50.

Kaa da fun e laye..aye ra ye.

This afternoon alone, I will earn more than you and your papa will earn for the whole of the year 2018.

Olori ko Ri, Omo yanmirin.
stop spitting all over like a rabid dog that you are foooool! my Worst is far better than your BEST!
your worthless type in a thousand places are grossly inadequate to contain me!
eleribu elebi! iponri maponpon e!

Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by davodyguy: 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2018
Uberalles:
Thanks I can see now that my property has been evaluated as a residential property (without owner in residence) which is .76% instead of .076% of property value. Which makes a big difference between something that is reasonable and something that is excessive.

I agree with others that have commented that most landlords will transfer these costs to tennants which is rather unfortunate

.Additionally I seriously doubt their valuation of the property because if that is the market value . Then I am ready to sell and invest in a worth while venture.

I am one of the Valuers, be rest assured of a professional job
Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by true2home(m): 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
LOL... How many properties in Lagos has any "Documents" you mention here

This law is APC way of rubbing poor citizen and directing the money into their crony's pocket. Tinubu and his boys at work as usual.

I AM VERY SURE YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE STEALING AND OPPRESSING THE PEOPLE TO BUY BENTLEY IN IKOYI AND LEKKI.

What infrastructures did you see in Ajegunle, okokomaiko; Badagry express is still where it was and many more. Now compare that to Lekki and IKoyi where these people has their personal investment?

Lekki -Ikoyi Bridge what the state needs is Ikorodu - Island Bridge and the Middle of lagos will be free from traffic. But these Dummies are more interested in enriching themselves by taxing the poor people.

If you people want to continue driving your Bentley, Invest in Factories, Manufacturing and young Nigerians; not So Called Tax or LUC

davodyguy:
In my next thread, I'll elaborate on the enumeration and Valuation that's commencing next week.

Ahead of the valuation, the attached flier shows what home owners you get ready and present to the valuers when they arrive.

As posited feel free to ask any question regarding the land Use charge and I'll oblige you with response.

It is better to get information from the right source rather than from rumors
Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by dotcomnamename: 10:16am On Mar 10, 2018
LAND USE CHARGE

For those of you wey no get property for Banana Island and Lekki etc. This LUC no affect you o, stop exaggerating your importance, how many of you social media warriors get property wey worth N10m self?
Una come dey cry more than the bereaved. Shey N5k wey una dey dash girls too much for you to pay on your property for one year? The one way una rent out, you dey collect 5k per room, yet you no fit pay 30k per year. Let's stop this blind criticism and join Governor Ambode to move Lagos forward.

Let the rich men fight their own battle, 'who they help!'

1 Like

Re: Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) by PropertyBuying(f): 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
dotcomnamename:
LAND USE CHARGE

For those of you wey no get property for Banana Island and Lekki etc. This LUC no affect you o, stop exaggerating your importance, how many of you social media warriors get property wey worth N10m self?
Una come dey cry more than the bereaved. Shey N5k wey una dey dash girls too much for you to pay on your property for one year? The one way una rent out, you dey collect 5k per room, yet you no fit pay 30k per year. Let's stop this blind criticism and join Governor Ambode to move Lagos forward.

Let the rich men fight their own battle, 'who they help!'
Sanwoolu promised to look into this for possible review.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NEW BUSINESS PLAN, AMAZING FUTURE MONEY PROMO & INVESTMENT #TRUST ME NO REGRET / Cheap Housing / Land For Sell In Lagos ( Mainland) / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Demolishes Illegal Houses In Agege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.