Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? (31327 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by generaldre(m): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2018
Greene66:

A Ph.d holder is most likely a commissioned officer. And commissioned officers are still "soldiers". His dad may be a commander. Or GOC. A commissioned officer is even needed at battle more than enlisted in my opinion.
I don't think his dad is a general
You have to be a general before you can be made GOC
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by voicelez: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2018
speedy01:

please can you help connect with my certificate

Send me an email
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by voicelez: 10:09am On Mar 08, 2018
speedy01:

please can you help connect with my certificate
Send me an email
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 11:00am On Mar 08, 2018
ItalianProf:

On the contrary,they can.My dad joined the Army in the early 90's and resigned 2007.After more than 10 years of service.
The reason why most soldiers hardly resign is because if they haven't served for atleast ten years in the army,any resignation won't require a retirement pension salary to be paid to that soldier.

Not in this period of insurgency, if u try to resign, it will be rejected. I know some that ran away, up till date soldierss are still terrorizing his house hold to tell them his whereabout grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2018
Caustics:
grin not true. do you know any soldier that ran away?

u cant resign this period of insurgency, if u try to resign, it will be rejected. I know some that ran away, up till date soldier are still terrorizing his house hold to tell them his whereabout grin grin grin
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2018
Caustics:
grin not true. do you know any soldier that ran away?

u cant resign this period of insurgency, if u try to resign, it will be rejected. I know some that ran away, up till date soldiersss are still terrorizing his house hold to tell them his whereabout grin grin grin
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by BlackKnight01: 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
You can resign. I served 16 years and I resigned and currently a Pensioner today. In addition to monthly pension, I am entitled to NHIS for me, my wife and 4 kids. It is also not a crime as far as you follow all the laid down procedure of voluntary discharge as it is spelt out in the TACOS.
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by EmperorShizzy: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2018
Greene66:

Oh I think I get the point now. I had forgotten other alternatives like Noun existed.

It's sad to know such things happen in the military. I'm grateful to God my case wasn't like that.

Bro are you a soldier
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Greene66: 8:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
EmperorShizzy:

Bro are you a soldier

Yes.
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Mulatta(m): 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2018
Greene66:

Hope your bro wasn't dismissed?

You cannot resign after 1 year of service sir. In fact, your first year of service you are still considered in training and either a 2nd Lieutenant or a Private. Both ranks cannot "resign".
He couldn't cope with the training that was why he left
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Greene66: 10:57pm On Mar 08, 2018
Mulatta:

He couldn't cope with the training that was why he left

He deserted. He didn't resign/discharge. Its not the same thing. Just as you can walk away from your place of work if you cannot cope with your boss. It doesn't mean you resigned.
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by EmperorShizzy: 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2018
Greene66:

Yes.
I want to send you an email Sir
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Greene66: 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
EmperorShizzy:

I want to send you an email Sir

Alright. Send me a mail

Once sent let me know so I can remove my mail from post
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Greene66: 4:55am On Mar 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by EmperorShizzy: 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
Greene66:

You sent me a pm

Email this
Seen
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Greene66: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
EmperorShizzy:

Seen

OK. Please remove my mail from your quote.

Thanks.
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by okikiosibodu(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
boolet:

I no regret am oo. Dem wan drive me crazy.
Do you mind sharing your experience? Sorry for bringing up the post
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by KingAzubuike(f): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
tunary:
The governor of ekiti state ayo fayose was once in the military but he resigned so it is very much possible
Fayose didn't resign.. he only ran away from training. He was never a solider, just a recruit who chickened out..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read / Physically Challenged Man Is A Street Sweeper In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Meet Stella Adele, A Female 2:1 Graduate Who Drives Keke In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.