Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why I Am Not In A Hurry To Visit Violence-hit Areas – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Not In A Hurry To Visit Violence-hit Areas – Buhari (310 Views)

2019 Presidency: Doyin Okupe Lists Areas Buhari Failed / ''why I Don’t Rush To Visit Violence-hit Areas'' President Buhari / “I Am Not In A Hurry To Do Anything” – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Not In A Hurry To Visit Violence-hit Areas – Buhari by Limitednow: 9:33am On Mar 06, 2018
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has divulged why he is not always in a hurry to visit violence-hit areas.

Speaking on Monday during his visit to Jalingo, the Taraba State capital, the president said he has always observe situation of things before he visits such areas.

He said his visit to is to assess the situation in the state and condole with victims of violence.

The state which has witnessed series of violence has about 200 people believed to have been killed in communal disputes including herders/farmers clashes.

“I am here (Taraba) to meet with the leadership of the state, to offer my condolences to those who lost loved ones and properties in violence.

“People, sometimes expect me to rush out to the fields, to go and make noise.

“But I have my ways of gathering intelligence. I get to know what is happening across the country without necessarily going to those areas.

“I will be going to Benue and Zamfara after I return from Ghana to also condole with the people,” Buhari said.

He urged traditional rulers in the state to step up activities in their various chiefdoms to foster peaceful coexistence among their subjects and to remain vigilant at all times.

The president was received by Governor Darius Ishaku and state’s lawmakers, led by the speaker.

Ishaku said the state was delighted to welcome the President in its trying time.

Ishaku said the state was contending with a different breed of herdsmen who are militias moving around with AK 47 rifles to remove anything in their way, unlike the known herdsmen who had cohabited with the people for decades without skirmishes.

“The problem is never between the locals. The local Fulani and other tribes blend without issues.

“We have a new breed and specie of herdsmen militias who move around with sophisticated weapons; they are poised to remove anything in their track.

“They must be arrested now before it degenerates to something we can not contend with,” Ishaku said.

Opinion leaders from various warring ethnic groups in the state insisted that justice and fairness must be seen to be taking their course and the rule of law allowed to prevail for peace to return.

The President was accompanied by Minister of Women Affairs Hajia Aisha Alhassan, Minister of Defence Manir Dan Ali, Information and Culture Minister Lai Mohammed, some Service Chiefs and National Assembly members from the state.

https://www.headlineng.com/not-hurry-visit-violence-hit-areas-buhari/amp/
Re: Why I Am Not In A Hurry To Visit Violence-hit Areas – Buhari by Shedrack777: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2018
every body wants to talk off point to get a listening ear or seeing eyes
Re: Why I Am Not In A Hurry To Visit Violence-hit Areas – Buhari by Limitednow: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2018
Okay
Re: Why I Am Not In A Hurry To Visit Violence-hit Areas – Buhari by chuksjuve(m): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2018
Save your speech mr president ..

Lauretta had told us already ..

You are and ADULT and you can decide to visit wherever you like..
So she said..

And we agree completely with her

But

Come 2019 with our PVC we will send you back to daura and you just have to respect it too..
50/50... No cheating.. Ojoro cancel ..

Cheers grin

(1) (Reply)

African Language For Ecowas And Other Regional Communities / Contaminated Water:fg Agrees To Publish Details Of Spending,locations Of Project / Don’t Concession Ajaokuta Steel Company, Reps Insist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.