Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,253 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: (2012 Views)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions / Post Your Computer Problems In Here And Get Solutions. / General It & Computer Problems With Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by macomrades(m): 10:33am On May 05, 2010
megatainer:

i have a hp latop,
my friend took and few month later he came back with it but this time the system is totally out of service and so i decided to do whats right.
now the system can boot and work normally but the only problem am really facing up till today is that, after sometimes it will hang and display blue screen.
pls help me solve this problem
thanks
there are so many causes of blue screen, read up on some over here http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/archive/l0611/32l11/32l11.asp
, and here too, http://www.astahost.com/info.php/Bsod-Error-Amp-It39s_t14853.html finally, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by Okponee: 7:20pm On May 06, 2010
Oh Mr poster! Thank you for this service. Please, how does the size of a laptop affect its capability? I'm thinking of buying either a mini laptop of over 160GB HDD or a 15'' laptop of 80 GB HDD for my internet business. But, I intend to use it for auto-cad design. What would you advise me on this?
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by proffmanue(m): 6:42am On May 07, 2010
Explorer
Run-time error'-2147417848 (80010108)':
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
when ever i boot my window 7, the message above is displayed.
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by macomrades(m): 8:23am On May 07, 2010
@okponee
minis are generally meant for working on-the-move and so they have less powerful than other types. For your intended usage, cough out more money to obtain a mid range machine and not a netbook. I can't say 'get a machine with core i7, athlon, etc' but get the idea that with 90-110k or so you will get a machine that suit your needs. Cheers.
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by macomrades(m): 8:29am On May 07, 2010
@proffmanue
you need to be more precise in describing the error you are getting. Does this happen at the login screen, or where? To me this is vague and will do well with a little more clarity. Cheers.
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by Okponee: 10:49am On May 07, 2010
Thank you very much Macomrades for your prompt response.
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by proffmanue(m): 12:18pm On May 07, 2010
Explorer
Run-time error'-2147417848 (80010108)':
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
when ever i boot my window 7, the message above is displayed at the login window.
before my lapi can display 3d i.e window key+tab. but now it cannot. if i install vmware it will complain of error but the same software runs on other system. I can't install A+ too. thks
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by deji2009(m): 4:54pm On May 07, 2010
macomrades:

there are so many causes of blue screen, read up on some over here http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/archive/l0611/32l11/32l11.asp
, and here too,  http://www.astahost.com/info.php/Bsod-Error-Amp-It39s_t14853.html finally,  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death

Dear macomrades,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. Here's your diagnostics, make sure laptop is running through mains > Restart > dion't wait for anything and keep pressing F10 for setup utility.

When there use your arrow key to navigate to diagnostics and run both hard drive and memory test if available.

If memoey test is not available just run hard drive test and update us. Good luck

Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by ismebedis(m): 2:09am On May 08, 2010
Please my Laptop is a dell D600. it has power problem. it does not boot up. if the power button is pressed, the power-on lights shows & after a second or two it switches off. I have tried changing the RAM yet it persisted.
Please Help cry
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by hooged: 4:10pm On May 08, 2010
'operating system not found' is the message my system is given me.kindly help me .the system is fujitsu p3 40gig .intel.
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by macomrades(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2010
@ismebedis
you described a hardware problem which has nothing to do with RAM. Take the machine to an expert tech who will properly diagnose the problem and hopefully solve it. Cheers.
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by macomrades(m): 4:56pm On May 08, 2010
@hooged
if this happens after turning on the machine, i guess you dont have an operating system so get an os (contact a techie to install it if you cannot), remember that this is purely a software issue so don't fall for anyone telling you that you need to change something on your machine. Cheers.
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by Kaybaba5(m): 6:08pm On May 08, 2010
can somebody answer my request on page 1 please
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by macomrades(m): 7:38pm On May 08, 2010
^^read the last post on page 1. Cheers.
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by hooged: 8:07pm On May 08, 2010
macomrades:

@hooged
if this happens after turning on the machine, i guess you dont have an operating system so get an os (contact a techie to install it if you cannot), remember that this is purely a software issue so don't fall for anyone telling you that you need to change something on your machine. Cheers.
thanks baba.bt i have os b'cos it works at times.
Re: Tell Me About Your Computer Problems And I'll Advice You: by Kaybaba5(m): 8:48pm On May 08, 2010
am usin compaq presario CQ60,25OG hard disk window vista.i just bought dis laptop not up to 5months my network adapter is not working and i was told is hardware problem.wat can i do and dis adapter damaged is afectin my sound output

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!!! DELL Laptop Won't Turn On / History Was Made On 15th January 2017 / Is It Possible To Get A Laptop Of This Spec For 70k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.