Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,517 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (800571 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 10:21am On May 21, 2018
Goodmorning guys!

My father is my sponsor. He has paid my full tuition of $10,300 for one year and paid in $10,109 into my dorm account. His statement of account has a closing balance of 7million. Please am i good to go with this? For proof of sufficient fund. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2018
An affidavit of support and letter of sponsorship from your husband and bro in-law are required. Please, include you SOA and I will advise you not to move funds in now to avoid lump sum.
kayvine4u:
Hello house,

i urgently need clarification on this. my husband and my bro in-law are going to be sponsoring me. Do i need the affidafit of support from the court or just a letter of sponsorship from them would do. i also do not have much in my account, do i need to present my SOA as well. if i move funds into in now, would it look suspicious that a lump sum was recently deposited into the account?

please gurus help me out here. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:52am On May 21, 2018
kayvine4u:
Hello house,

i urgently need clarification on this. my husband and my bro in-law are going to be sponsoring me. Do i need the affidafit of support from the court or just a letter of sponsorship from them would do. i also do not have much in my account, do i need to present my SOA as well. if i move funds into in now, would it look suspicious that a lump sum was recently deposited into the account?

please gurus help me out here. thanks
Letter of support will be enough from both of them.
Also, you need to present your own statement of account as well(no matter the amount in it).
Moving of large funds into your account should be well explained by you and your sponsors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:56am On May 21, 2018
Phocusjosh:
An affidavit of support and letter of sponsorship from your husband and bro in-law are required. Please, include you SOA and I will advise you not to move funds in now to avoid lump sum.
Cc:Kayvine4u If you can explain how come the money it will pass. I want to believe the large sum will be from your sponsors? If yes, then they should state it in their letter of support that they transferred the said amount(also state the date) into your account so as to show commitment towards your studies. You should also state it in your SOP that the money is from your sponsors towards your studies. Do this and issue of lump sum is tackled

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 11:02am On May 21, 2018
strongtech2:
morning guys, how long can someone prepare for ielts exam?
Are you for REAL bro?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 11:05am On May 21, 2018
Jewel80:
Goodmorning guys!

My father is my sponsor. He has paid my full tuition of $10,300 for one year and paid in $10,109 into my dorm account. His statement of account has a closing balance of 7million. Please am i good to go with this? For proof of sufficient fund. Thank you
Permit me to use Caps...... YOU ARE OVER GOOD TO GO SIS. Now you can focus on other aspect of your application. SUCCESS
NB: Please don't forget, your dad should show his source of fund(it is very very important).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by esefrancis: 11:43am On May 21, 2018
kylexy61:

Thanks. My school reopens in September, so more time. Preparations are currently ongoing. The usual "pre-departure syndrome":

-Refurbishing my wardrobe
-Searching for accommodation
-Smiling in anticipation whenever Canada is mentioned on TV.
-Wondering how on earth I can fit my entire existence into two 23kg suitcases.
-Wishing June, July will be removed from the calendar so September comes quickly.

God has been Faithful.

It shall end in praise for us all.

Please did you apply online or by paper and how long did it take to be processed. Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2018
esefrancis:

Please did you apply online or by paper and how long did it take to be processed. Congrats

I applied online. Took 6 weeks to be processed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by moneyncar(f): 12:24pm On May 21, 2018
Good day family, I really need your advise. I just got an admission letter from U of R to study computer science (undergraduate). But my plans when I get to Canada is to do my masters ,just using undergraduate as a way of getting there. My questions are...
1)Is it possible for me to change to a master program when I get to canada?
2) Should I submit my transcript of my bsc/Waec to the CIC when applying for my student visa and back it up with a good SOP.... Please I am waiting for your responses. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 12:37pm On May 21, 2018
moneyncar:
Good day family, I really need your advise. I just got an admission letter from U of R to study computer science (undergraduate). But my plans when I get to Canada is to do my masters ,just using undergraduate as a way of getting there. My questions are...
1)Is it possible for me to change to a master program when I get to canada?
2) Should I submit my transcript of my bsc/Waec to the CIC when applying for my student visa and back it up with a good SOP.... Please I am waiting for your responses. Thanks
1. You can change when you get to Canada but it will be wise to secure the admission before leaving for Canada.
2. I see you having issues securing trv(especially if you can't explain the study gap). I want to believe you spent atleast 4 years to run your undergraduate programme here, so what will you tell the vo you have been doing for that 4 years(since you want to use your undergraduate admission to apply for trv).
My best advise is for you to apply for masters programme now and if you get the offer,you apply for your trv using the masters offer letter cos you stand a better chance with masters than undergraduate programme.
NB: WHY DID YOU APPLY FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE THAT QUALIFICATION AND YOUR PREFERENCE IS EVEN MASTERS?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 12:51pm On May 21, 2018
mcobex:
Permit me to use Caps...... YOU ARE OVER GOOD TO GO SIS. Now you can focus on other aspect of your application. SUCCESS
NB: Please don't forget, your dad should show his source of fund(it is very very important).
Do you mean explain source of funds in the SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:05pm On May 21, 2018
Bukella:

Do you mean explain source of funds in the SOP?
In SOP and also documents. If let's say your sponsor runs his own business, he/she should provide his CAC, tax clearance, etc. If you sponsor works for someone, he/she should provide his payslip(6months), work ID, etc. All these shows the sponsor has something doing and can sustain himself and his dependants(after sponsoring the applicant), it also help to tackle lump sum as well(in a way)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 1:10pm On May 21, 2018
mcobex:

What he has to show this is his CAC certificate of registration. No tax clearance, can that serve?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:21pm On May 21, 2018
Jewel80:

What he has to show this is his CAC certificate of registration. No tax clearance, can that serve?
I don't know if it will scale through, but I am happy he has paid your tuition fee and transferred your living expenses into your account. What is the duration of your programme?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 2:30pm On May 21, 2018
[quote author=mcobex post=67742030] Then make your way to PH cos its closer to your base(except if you don't mind doing it in lagos or Abuja)[/quote

Thanks Man �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by phemmisky(m): 2:53pm On May 21, 2018
mcobex:
I don't know if it will scale through, but I am happy he has paid your tuition fee and transferred your living expenses into your account. What is the duration of your programme?

@mcobex and @austinpee4, greetings to you .

pls, i would like to send my SOP to you for evaluation. i earnestly await your response.
thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 2:59pm On May 21, 2018
mcobex:

20months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 3:05pm On May 21, 2018
mcobex:

So the absence of tax clearance can present the option of refusal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2018
Hello, what's the source of your sponsor's source of living? If he owns a firm, I will advise you to submit his company's CAC, Tax registration, Tax Clearance, Company profile or hyperlink the company website, Memorandum of association. I believe these documents are adequate to proof source of finance. Let your sponsor also state that he has paid your tuition fee and transferred the equivalent living expenses to your account.

Jewel80:

So the absence of tax clearance can present the option of refusal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 3:33pm On May 21, 2018
Yeah guys !! It’s the guy with the Cyprus Travel History and what not lol.

Got My medical passed update today, hoping to God that approval comes in no distant time .!!
Did medicals last Tuesday at Ikoyi .

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 3:47pm On May 21, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Hello, what's the source of your sponsor's source of living? If he owns a firm, I will advise you to submit his company's CAC, Tax registration, Tax Clearance, Company profile or hyperlink the company website, Memorandum of association. I believe these documents are adequate to proof source of finance. Let your sponsor also state that he has paid your tuition fee and transferred the equivalent living expenses to your account.

Helo dear, He is just a car dealer. Nothing like a firm or company. Sole proprietor kinda business. But he stopped paying tax a long time ago buh his business registration is intact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 3:51pm On May 21, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 3:51pm On May 21, 2018
kylexy61:

Thanks. My school reopens in September, so more time. Preparations are currently ongoing. The usual "pre-departure syndrome":

-Refurbishing my wardrobe
-Searching for accommodation
-Smiling in anticipation whenever Canada is mentioned on TV.
-Wondering how on earth I can fit my entire existence into two 23kg suitcases.
-Wishing June, July will be removed from the calendar so September comes quickly.

God has been Faithful.

It shall end in praise for us all.

kylexy61,

Good to see you're making a great move!
You mustn't take all your belongings along with you, pick the most important items that best suit your needs over there and you will notice that the two 23kg suitcases you're complaining about will be sufficient for you. Again, take it easy o don't fast track the calender as you intend doing also consider some TRV hopefuls that are yet to apply and acquire their TRV. grin

God is indeed faithful.
All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kinfinity007: 4:02pm On May 21, 2018
Aallizzwellwole:

Thanks boss. I don't know how the guy just reasons that way.
Pls I want clarification on this, because am seeing this for the first time. It's possible to inform me that my

16th of May, I got an update that,
i)your background check is completed
Ii) you do not meet the eligibility requirements
III)your application is refused

17th of May, I got another update that
I) we regret to inform you that you did not meet the eligibility requirements
ii) we regret to inform you that your application was refused

I don't understand what they mean with the two updates and I don't know if anyone have witness this before.
when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Setemiola(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2018
Please my peoples, Am I going to include my acceptance fee recept to my visa application submittion? Please I need your reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 4:07pm On May 21, 2018
Good day my people
Please I have a worry,
I applied March 16 2018 paper route and was refused April 18 2018 .
I then ordered for my gcms notes with getgcms.com upon collection today,I saw same generic response from them as was updated on my online application instead of the case files.I contacted someone about this who told me that getgcms.com were scammers.
Now I am in a crossroad whether to apply to CIC or order another gcms notes which will take another 1 month bearing in mind school starts September.
I attached the notes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:13pm On May 21, 2018
Setemiola:
Please my peoples, Am I going to include my acceptance fee recept to my visa application submittion? Please I need your reply.

How much is this acceptance fee? Yes! Include the deposit receipts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kayvine4u: 4:14pm On May 21, 2018
Thanks so much...you all are amazing. ����quote author=mcobex post=67744285] Letter of support will be enough from both of them.
Also, you need to present your own statement of account as well(no matter the amount in it).
Moving of large funds into your account should be well explained by you and your sponsors. [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kayvine4u: 4:15pm On May 21, 2018
Thanks a bunch...much appreciated. uote author=mcobex post=67744389] Cc:Kayvine4u If you can explain how come the money it will pass. I want to believe the large sum will be from your sponsors? If yes, then they should state it in their letter of support that they transferred the said amount(also state the date) into your account so as to show commitment towards your studies. You should also state it in your SOP that the money is from your sponsors towards your studies. Do this and issue of lump sum is tackled[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:15pm On May 21, 2018
mcobex:
My bro! Well-done! thanks for your selfless service and keeping the thread moving with accurate anwers from your end.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 4:39pm On May 21, 2018
Okay, CAC is fine and you can as well show 2-3 transactions (not necessary). Ensure you prove relationship as well. Then cover other loop holes; home ties and purpose of visit.
Jewel80:

Helo dear, He is just a car dealer. Nothing like a firm or company. Sole proprietor kinda business. But he stopped paying tax a long time ago buh his business registration is intact

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.