Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787526 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jacintaflavian: 6:59am On May 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Yes absolutely it is possible if you know the visa office dealing with your application, you can email them your unconditional letter of admission. Unconditional letter is fine too as long as you show to the visa officer you have capability to meet condition. But unconditional letter is best.
is it possible to sent the letter and prove to tution fee payment? Also hope it wont give them any reason to suspect me? How can you know the visa office dealing with my application? Or should i just wait till the end of this month when they give me my unconditional letter before i apply? Will it be late because the school will resume from September4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 7:06am On May 24, 2018
I think the IMM5257 is for Visitor Visa

chisiudeh:
My document checklist for online registration generated forms titled (IMM1294), (IMM5645) and (IMM5257).

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 7:10am On May 24, 2018
For the IMM1294E do i validate the form, before i print out the form and sign.
For the IMM5645 do i fill the form, then print out and sign, then scan

I have an e-signature, but it wont paste on the line.

MeinKampf:

Yes it is. If in doubt, documents checklist generated through the questionnaire you filled during GC Key registration should be a guide
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:13am On May 24, 2018
Martswoll:

Am waiting for approval too after medicals passed.. I pray It goes through honestly .

I wish you well my brother. It seems a lot of people received medical calls and are waiting, High time to go on your kneels.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 7:20am On May 24, 2018
Please what forms are to filled. My document checklist online generated forms titled (IMM1294), (IMM565) and (IMM5257) but others are filling only (IMM1294) an (IMM5645). Please help o lest I don't go fill The wrong forms

Thanks

jnyuwa02:

I wish you well my brother. It seems a lot of people received medical calls and are waiting, High time to go on your kneels.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:23am On May 24, 2018
jacintaflavian:
is it possible to sent the letter and prove to tution fee payment? Also hope it wont give them any reason to suspect me? How can you know the visa office dealing with my application? Or should i just wait till the end of this month when they give me my unconditional letter before i apply? Will it be late because the school will resume from September4

smiley They suspect a lot, but nobody will suspect you simply for sending additional documents later. Yes to be safe, just wait till the end of this month when you have the unconditional letter and apply. The only way you can know the office processing your application is if you filed paper route, you get a letter from VFS saying your application has been forwarded to ACCRA. But even Accra reserves the right to in turn send to Kenya or wherever to process it and will inform you where it is of you write them. But filing online you won’t know. So better to wait.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 7:32am On May 24, 2018
True, i have the following forms on my profile.
(IMM1294e)
(IMM5645e)
(IMM5257b)

chisiudeh:
Please what forms are to filled. My document checklist online generated forms titled (IMM1294), (IMM565) and (IMM5257) but others are filling only (IMM1294) an (IMM5645). Please help o lest I don't go fill The wrong forms

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:37am On May 24, 2018
MeinKampf:

How do you know the bolded?

If processing paperoute, VFS will tell your application was forwarded to Accra. You can send additional paperwork to Accra later and if the application is not there, they will send to relevant office and usually inform you where. That is what I have seen with other applicants. But online is anybody’s guess who is processing your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jacintaflavian: 7:43am On May 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

smiley They suspect a lot, but nobody will suspect you simply for sending additional documents later. Yes to be safe, just wait till the end of this month when you have the unconditional letter and apply. The only way you can know the office processing your application is if you filed paper route, you get a letter from VFS saying your application has been forwarded to ACCRA. But even Accra reserves the right to in turn send to Kenya or wherever to process it and will inform you where it is of you write them. But filing online you won’t know. So better to wait.
if i wait, wont it be late to apply at the end of june?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:59am On May 24, 2018
jacintaflavian:
if i wait, wont it be late to apply at the end of june?

Thought you said end of this month. End of June may be too late. All fall applicants must file right now! Now is the time!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 8:00am On May 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Ebola is back in Congo are they waiting for it to get into Nigeria (God forbid) before they start telling us to go for another ebola medicals again... Cos ayam not understanding oo... My friend was denied entry into China that year ebola entered naija...I cover our applications with the blood of Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:00am On May 24, 2018
Kishkosh:

@Frankrobbn1, pls how do i prove relationship of my mom and her brother when both of them don't have birth certificate, i am thinking i should do another birth certificate for them both or affidavit, pls help...my uncle (mom's brother) intends to be my sponsor.
thank you as i await your response
Kishkosh,

To show proof of relationship with maternal uncle, you have to add documents that show that your mom and uncle both shared the same family name pior she got married to your dad. List of documents to be included with your application are as follows:
1-) Your mom marriage certificate
2-) Your mom birth certificate
3-) Your uncle birth certificate
4-) Your uncle intl passport bio data page or National I.D.

If possible show proof of past or ongoing financial support from uncle account to your account as this adds more credibility to your application.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jacintaflavian: 8:12am On May 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Thought you said end of this month. End of June may be too late. All fall applicants must file right now! Now is the time!!!
npe, am weiting ielts 2nd of june, so latest end of next month , i will get the unconditional offer. So what do you suggest i do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 8:12am On May 24, 2018
This Canada process is so unpredictable, no update since I last did my medical. It almost 3weeks. I passed my medical was thinking by now I should be updated about the final decision..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 8:17am On May 24, 2018
The box on the IMM5645 for family members is not sufficient. I have 10 siblings..lol. The box provided covers 7. I know this information is very important for future reasons, so i will like to provide all the names. Is there anyway i can go about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 8:18am On May 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Jewel80,

Of course yes! It's acceptable! So many successful TRV applicants didn't exchange funds into a domicilary account and got approved. It's left for you to certify the visa officer that the funds in the said naira bank account will be accesible by you and available during your stay in Canada and you will get your visa approved as well.

All the best!

Thanks, does it mean there will be two different accounts. One for living expenses and the other, your own personal SOA. What if living expenses is One account alone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:24am On May 24, 2018
harde116:
Bro, you sound like you don't understand the Nigerian educational system, i want to believe you didn't school in NIgeria. If it takes an average of 2-3 years(or more) before you can get your certificate from a federal/state university, you think they are so efficient to just make a change for you? Just like that?! You don't think the process would be too long that he won't be able to wait? We all know we have a system that doesn't "really work".

That said, if it is possible, he should go to his school and try, instead of this long thread of argument. If not, Frank's advice is the best option and he should do that now! We all know the earlier the better.

But don't make it appear as though using a sworn affidavit is an impossibility.

Well done sir!

Cheers

harde116,

Yeah Attorney jnyuwa02, sounded as if a sworn notarized affidavit explaining the errors in the applicant name won't work and he further said that the visa officer will think the applicant is making use of someone else's certificate just to acquire visa. Which is wrong and I seize not to agree from his perspective.
I want to also believe that Attorney jnyuwa02 hasn't come across an applicant that used a sworn notarized affidavit and got approved without visiting the issuing institution (body) to effect a change in name. That's why he is so doubtful about it. Well, I have seen people present affidavits and it works good!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 8:26am On May 24, 2018
mightyola:
The box on the IMM5645 for family members is not sufficient. I have 10 siblings..lol. The box provided covers 7. I know this information is very important for future reasons, so i will like to provide all the names. Is there anyway i can go about this?

Oga print additional page...or you edit after filling the first information and print
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 8:30am On May 24, 2018
Thank you Madam!!.. Really appreciate. Lastly these are the forms i have on my profile for online app.
1294E, 5645E, 5257b . Just want to be sure.

bbclue:

Oga print additional page...or you edit after filling the first information and print
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 8:32am On May 24, 2018
sogima:
This Canada process is so unpredictable, no update since I last did my medical. It almost 3weeks. I passed my medical was thinking by now I should be updated about the final decision..

How long did it take since you applied before you got called for medicals ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:32am On May 24, 2018
Bukella:

Thanks, does it mean there will be two different accounts. One for living expenses and the other, your own personal SOA. What if living expenses is One account alone.
Bukella,

If the living expenses is in one account where your savings are held fine! If not, you can as well present your personal(salary) account, while the living expenses is in another account. All good! When it comes to Canada study visa, add all financial statements you have at hand to prove your current financial establishment. Some applicants include 3-4 different bank statements and were approved.

I don't know if you grab my point?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kobyfresh: 8:33am On May 24, 2018
Hi guys! My study permit was approved for May entry!!!

submitted my application on 1 March (paper route)
Got Medical request on 26th April
Passed medicals on 11 May
Got approved on 22 May

Submitted the following documents:

MSc Admission letter (MUN with full funding)
All CIC forms
3-page letter of explanation.
1-page description of the funds available for my stay, where I gave a breakdown of how much goes into, tuition, rent, feeding etc for 1 year
Bank statement of my sponsor (uncle) and his letter of support
Bsc transcript
Birth certificate
Police criminal record certificate
National service certificate

NB: I am a Ghanaian applicant

This forum was really helpful. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and good luck to other applicants. Your approval is surely on its way. And don't forget to PRAY, very important.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:35am On May 24, 2018
kobyfresh:
Hi guys! My study permit was approved for May entry!!!

Congrats!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 8:38am On May 24, 2018
Kishkosh:
austinpee4, mcobex , Frankrobbn1 ,bbclue pls help

Pls, i am not in any way doubting the veracity of your posts, but i once heard on this platform that photos are not allowed in paper route application, but i saw in a part of the IMM Questionnaire form that ='' From the individuals providing you financial assistance for your program. The letter
must indicate their employment; their occupation; their relationship to you, their
number of dependants and full contact details. For extended family member
sponsorship please include proof of relationship (such as family tree, photos[i][/i], proof
of prior financial support of your education to date if applicable, etc).''

i am asking because i want to include photo of my uncle when he attended my graduation as prove that he has been supporting me for my education.

I included photo of my farm land...and that of my sponsored the lady in vfs said I should remove it...of which I did......what I will say is that....include his...
Employment letter
Payslips
Bank statement
If he has any Assets..eg land...etc
Car documents
His work place I. D card
If he has intl passport. .data page
And any financial commitment he offer u when u r in school...eg school receipt... of him paying your fee into your account.......

Any body can input his or her own opinion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 8:39am On May 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Bukella,

If the living expenses is in one account where your savings are held fine! If not, you can as well present your personal(salary) account, while the living expenses is in another account. All good! When it comes to Canada study visa, add all financial statements you have at hand to prove your current financial establishment. Some applicants include 3-4 different bank statements and were approved.

I don't know if you grab my point?
Yes I do. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:44am On May 24, 2018
jacintaflavian:
Hello
Please i need an urgent reply.
If i have been conditionally accepted into mun and i apply for visa with the letter they gave me. What if i later send my ielts result and the give me full admission before the end of the month, is it possible to change it during my visa process
jacintaflavian,

I want to believe you're going for an undergraduate program at MUN that's why they persisted on you taking an IELTS test. Be guided that the conditional offer that will be issued to you will based on taking an ESL program prior your undergraduate degree program. I advise you send your IELTS result and get an unconditional acceptance offer before embarking on your application for a visa.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 8:47am On May 24, 2018
Martswoll:

How long did it take since you applied before you got called for medicals ?

Two months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:47am On May 24, 2018
JoseJonn:

Ebola is back in Congo are they waiting for it to get into Nigeria (God forbid) before they start telling us to go for another ebola medicals again... Cos ayam not understanding oo... My friend was denied entry into China that year ebola entered naija...I cover our applications with the blood of Jesus!

Amen my sister! Get thee behind ussmiley !

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:50am On May 24, 2018
Kishkosh:
austinpee4, mcobex , Frankrobbn1 ,bbclue pls help

Pls, i am not in any way doubting the veracity of your posts, but i once heard on this platform that photos are not allowed in paper route application, but i saw in a part of the IMM Questionnaire form that ='' From the individuals providing you financial assistance for your program. The letter
must indicate their employment; their occupation; their relationship to you, their
number of dependants and full contact details. For extended family member
sponsorship please include proof of relationship (such as family tree, photos[i][/i], proof
of prior financial support of your education to date if applicable, etc).''

i am asking because i want to include photo of my uncle when he attended my graduation as prove that he has been supporting me for my education.
Kishkosh,

Uncle attending a graduation ceremony is not a strong proof of relationship.
I have explained to you on what you should do to show strong proof of relationship with guarantor (uncle). Check my previous post, you will find
where i explained it for better understanding.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:55am On May 24, 2018
mightyola:
"while online applications cost 65-67K. "-- Does this include the cost of Biometrics at VFS?

Yes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:59am On May 24, 2018
mightyola:
Please for clarity sake, is it only IMM1294 and IMM5645 for online applicants.

Yes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gerrymini: 9:07am On May 24, 2018
@Frankrobbn1
Please after filling and validating the IMM 1294 form on my computer and generating the barcode page, I went back to make a change before printing the form. Will it affect anything?

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.