Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783528 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 24, 2018
2million..i have other pof from him

Uchboggy:

I suppose you meant “making his balance 20m plus”
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 24, 2018
Anyone please?

faroouqq:
Hi
guys..i just printed my sponsor's soa today and there's a 2m that was deposited into his account today making his balance 2m plus...my question is will this be regarded as lump sum as the highest deposit he has received is 5.7m and he earns 3m monthly

NB: I'll be submitting tomorrow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vnjz: 10:02pm On May 24, 2018
Hi All,

Please i am having issues with space on the online portal, the column for passport data page still has additional space i can use. can i include additional documents to this colums like proof of asset?
faroouqq:
Anyone please?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vnjz: 10:04pm On May 24, 2018
Hi All,

Please i am having issues with space on the online portal, the column for passport data page still has additional space i can use. can i include additional documents to this colums like proof of asset?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cve90: 10:04pm On May 24, 2018
Prudento:

Is your profile still showing background check in progress or its completed? For how long did it show eligibility review before your medical call?

Pls what tests do they do in the medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKFTK: 10:14pm On May 24, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Congrats. A sign of hope for me. Got medical request May 1, no update yet till date.

Phocus, your TRV is on its way by God's grace. Nothing shall stop it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by technokid(m): 10:48pm On May 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

How sure are you that this name change cannot be done in a few days or even a few weeks? That sure is the safest way to solve his problem. Because with the way CIC is so suspicious of Nigerians, a certificate is so important and should bear the right name from the issuing institution. It’s like this guy I asked to go get his transcript from his school. He was so convinced it couldn’t be done because when he attended school, the institution didn’t have computers for record keeping. With a little push and some Nairas exchanged, the school fished out his transcript in two weeks. Please let the guy do himself the favor of going back to his school and correcting the error and resorting to an affidavit only as a last resort.
thanks for your concern....i have reached out to my school and was told it can be done in 2 weeks with a little monetary exchange, so that should be done by 1st week of june. In othet news I had a webinar with the canadian school I am applying to last night, they advised I shouldnt pay the full tuition till i get the visa, that i should pay the deposit fee instead in case i am rejected the visa, it would be easy for them to refund though i could shift my admission to the next cohort and reapply for a visa. I was thinking of making full payment for the 2 years program so i could be convincing enough to the VO. Also does my 4 months bank statement need to be above my living expenses through out the 4 months, for example in the 1st month account balance was 1.5m, in the 2nd month they was an upward spike in business and ended with 8m and continued up and down till the 4th month where the balance is 7m, does the instability affect the chances of getting the visa?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by technokid(m): 10:53pm On May 24, 2018
bbclue:

Good point. ....

The school is ready to make 100% corrections if it emanate from there side....but please oooo how did school and Nysc make such a mistake with same name......am sure most of us are giving form to fill correctly in camp on how our name should be written on our nysc certificate....school will make correction if u go to them......then NYSC will be a long process....u can notarised the affidavit to back up your NYSC
Yea we were given forms to fill in camo, that is where the mistake took place for NYSC, i asked one of the officers whether i should use the name on my certificate or my correct name, she told me to write it down the way it was on my certificate......that was where i got myself messed up with NYsC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 11:41pm On May 24, 2018
cve90:

Pls what tests do they do in the medical?

Blood pressure, blood and urine samples for HIV, syphilis, diabetes etc, Chest X-ray, physical body checks (ears, nose etc)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:36am On May 25, 2018
Kishkosh:
Guys quick one pls. I'm in bank now . I told them I wanna open fixed deposit . They said since I have account with them that they will use my existing account . But a friend was telling me that it's better to use a new account for the fixed deposit for embassy

Pls advise me

NB the account I have with them is my regular account that my employer pay into

It's better to use a new account for the fixed deposit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:10am On May 25, 2018
Uchboggy:
Please gurus, quick question, is it a rule or is it stated expressly that the statement of account should be 6months? Whatt if it’s 3months ? 6month is way too bulky for online route.

Also is it possible to use zip file to compress the documents and upload the zip file so as to accommodate many documents?

Cc @austinpee4 , frankrobbn1
Uchboggy,

6-4 months bank statement is the basic requirement by cic. 3 months is also acceptable(to an extent).

I don't have expertise in compressing a document using a zip file. I thought that all online application documents are meant to be in PDF format and JPEG for passport photographs.
I'll recommend you use sites like www.ilovepdf.com and www.smallpdf.com any of them will be a remedy to your problem.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:25am On May 25, 2018
technokid:
thanks for your concern....i have reached out to my school and was told it can be done in 2 weeks with a little monetary exchange, so that should be done by 1st week of june. In othet news I had a webinar with the canadian school I am applying to last night, they advised I shouldnt pay the full tuition till i get the visa, that i should pay the deposit fee instead in case i am rejected the visa, it would be easy for them to refund though i could shift my admission to the next cohort and reapply for a visa. I was thinking of making full payment for the 2 years program so i could be convincing enough to the VO. Also does my 4 months bank statement need to be above my living expenses through out the 4 months, for example in the 1st month account balance was 1.5m, in the 2nd month they was an upward spike in business and ended with 8m and continued up and down till the 4th month where the balance is 7m, does the instability affect the chances of getting the visa?

I am glad you took my advice and contacted your school. Where are those critics who said I didn’t school in Nigeria and have no idea? Where are those who said it will take 2-3 years? At a point I just stopped arguing and let them feel like they won. You don’t have to win every argument I have learnt as my rule in life, you can just agree to disagree. It shouldn’t be about outwitting anyone in an argument, it’s about helping I am here.

Well done bro, no guts no glory!! You have done the right thing now and it will avoid any lingering questions in the mind of the VO. If you paid all two years tuition expenses, it’s a good move. Make sure you transfer 10k Dollars into your dormicilaiary account and the tender of SOA business account will fly. Best wishes to you and feel free to ask any questions here you have anytime.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 4:36am On May 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Uchboggy,

6-4 months bank statement is the basic requirement by cic. 3 months is also acceptable(to an extent).

I don't have expertise in compressing a document using a zip file. I thought that all online application documents are meant to be in PDF format and JPEG for passport photographs.
I'll recommend you use sites like www.ilovepdf.com and www.smallpdf.com any of them will be a remedy to your problem.
God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 4:40am On May 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

It's better to use a new account for the fixed deposit.

Thank you Bro , I wanna deposit about 10 m into the fixed account , I have about 4 m and the rest is contributions from my uncle and Bro , should I state it I'm my SOP that how I got all the monies.

Pls, my employer do pay into my personal account and no payslip whatsoever , is it a must to print that personal statement of account ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:11am On May 25, 2018
Uchboggy:
God bless you

This is the official financial requirement out of Lagos. 3 months of bank statement is the word on the street.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:13am On May 25, 2018
??

faroouqq:
Hi guys..i just printed my sponsor's soa today and there's a 2m that was deposited into his account today making his balance 2m plus...my question is will this be regarded as lump sum as the highest deposit he has received is 5.7m and he earns 3m monthly

NB: I'll be submitting today

Cc @Frankrobbn1 , @jnyuwa02
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:20am On May 25, 2018
faroouqq:
??

If it’s from a msyeterious source that has not been depositing into the account before now, it will considered a lump sum. But if from a familiar source, it is cool. If from an unfamiliar source, make sure to explain where you got it from convincingly and document that it’s a gift for your education or however applies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 6:33am On May 25, 2018
technokid:

Gbam Gbam. .....just try and follow up collect the person number and keep disturbing him....with a token every thing will solve then the nysc just notarized it....congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 7:24am On May 25, 2018
Hi guru,

I need someone to review my SOP

Asap, tanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 7:25am On May 25, 2018
Goodmorning guys!

Please i have an international passport that expired in 2015, i initially got it in 2010 because i wanted to apply for my undergraduate study abroad then but i got admitted in Nigeria so i did not make use of it again. In 2017 i made a recent one.

So should I scan copies of the two passports or just the recent one? The old one is empty, no travel history
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 8:13am On May 25, 2018
Jewel80:
Goodmorning guys!

Please i have an international passport that expired in 2015, i initially got it in 2010 because i wanted to apply for my undergraduate study abroad then but i got admitted in Nigeria so i did not make use of it again. In 2017 i made a recent one.

So should I scan copies of the two passports or just the recent one? The old one is empty, no travel history

Use the recent one only
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Gabzi28: 8:22am On May 25, 2018
[Please gurus in the house i need your opinion about this please. Save someone abquote author=Gabzi28 post=67850522]An agent is processing a temporary work visa, with secured employment for a friend. The arrangement is that he will pay when the visa is out. My question is, how realistic is that with all the stories I have been reading about agents[/quote].
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:50am On May 25, 2018
Gabzi28:
[Please gurus in the house i need your opinion about this please. Save someone abquote author=Gabzi28 post=67850522]An agent is processing a temporary work visa, with secured employment for a friend. The arrangement is that he will pay when the visa is out. My question is, how realistic is that with all the stories I have been reading about agents.

There are good and bad agents just like anything in life. It’s realistic, but me and others here do it ourselves and save money. If you decide to use an agent, do plenty of investigation about the agent.

Ps: what kind of temporary work are we talking about? Is it Express Entry you mean? Becareful and do your homework. Good thing you are not paying till the visa is out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 9:09am On May 25, 2018
Anyone to answer this question?

Vnjz:
Hi All,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 9:27am On May 25, 2018
ayoslas88:

Use the recent one only

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 9:31am On May 25, 2018
Please house, is there a reason why United Kingdom or Great Britain is not included in the list of countries of Birth on the IMM1294E form?. Please its pretty urgent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vnjz: 9:35am On May 25, 2018
mightyola:
Anyone to answer this question?

Please someone help me with the answer to this question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gerrymini: 9:46am On May 25, 2018
Hello House,

Please does anyone know what submission at Abuja VFS is like because Lagos is a no-go area? Went this morning only to be given appointment date for June 8. I plan on travelling on Monday please any info?

Also, is biometrics done on the same day for paper submission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 9:50am On May 25, 2018
Famzyactivity:

Please I need contribution to this matter

In that case the consultant is your employer and should be mentioned on your SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:53am On May 25, 2018
Jewel80:
Goodmorning guys!

Just the recent one since previous one has no travel history. People who document a previous passport is to show travel history, visas and stuff, which in your case is inapplicable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vnjz: 9:55am On May 25, 2018
Good Morning Guys,

Please i am having issues with space on the online portal, the column for passport data page still has additional space i can use. can i include additional documents to this columns like proof of asset

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:56am On May 25, 2018
gerrymini:
Hello House,

Please does anyone know what submission at Abuja VFS is like because Lagos is a no-go area? Went this morning only to be given appointment date for June 8. I plan on travelling on Monday please any info?

Also, is biometrics done on the same day for paper submission?

You can be done with submission at Abuja, biometrics and everything collected in only a few hours. Mine took two hours. There are no lines, just come and do your submission and you will be out in no time. Thank God for Abuja. If things all over Nigeria worked like Abuja, we would have a country we can all be proud of.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.