Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,239 members, 7,839,261 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (796457 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by shagab: 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
hi guys, please i need any info that may help. i graduated with 1.98 3rd class in industrial chemistry. i have a PGD in technology mgt, i was pursuing a PGD in INFORMATION SECURITY at concordia university last year because of my current job and experience but was declined after submitting all my transcript to the sch and was ask to take a look at undergraduate studies. i currently work in the unit of data and database management in an NGO who is into prevention and care of HIV/AIDS, please any guidelines of a school i can take a PGD in canada or USA with my certification and work experience thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
Asapant:
Yoo Bro. Let's rob minds. I also studied mass comm UG. What school did u graduated form ,What school are you looking upto in canny and what course are u going for ?

Pm me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hi guys..

Happy Sunday..

1.My sponsor wants to transfer money from his domiciliary account to mine...his main account is with first bank where he also has other investments...so my question is do I also request for statement of account of his domiciliary account after collect the one for his main account??

2. Concerning the waec result to be submitted.. Do I go to my school to collect my waec result or I can submit the one I printed online

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
I salute your resilience in studying more, with my look, you are a bit vast and experienced in management. I would advise you look into area of project management and consider the colleges in canada, there different diplomas that you can take project management from, try and write a good letter to codinators of those diplomas emphasing on your managent experiences, technology management and database management, that you would want more undepth knowledge.

But you did not tell us about yourself age, may be elders in the house can counsel you further on what to do, but that is my little small boy advise

Good luck

shagab:
hi guys, please i need any info that may help. i graduated with 1.98 3rd class in industrial chemistry. i have a PGD in technology mgt, i was pursuing a PGD in INFORMATION SECURITY at concordia university last year because of my current job and experience but was declined after submitting all my transcript to the sch and was ask to take a look at undergraduate studies. i currently work in the unit of data and database management in an NGO who is into prevention and care of HIV/AIDS, please any guidelines of a school i can take a PGD in canada or USA with my certification and work experience thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by shagab: 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
olugere:
I salute your resilience in studying more, with my look, you are a bit vast and experienced in management. I would advise you look into area of project management and consider the colleges in canada, there different diplomas that you can take project management from, try and write a good letter to codinators of those diplomas emphasing on your managent experiences, technology management and database management, that you would want more undepth knowledge.

But you did not tell us about yourself age, may be elders in the house can counsel you further on what to do, but that is my little small boy advise

Good luck

THANKS AM 27

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by matic12: 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Moley22,
My boss pm replied.

My bro... I misplaced your number.... It's me matic12....Need to chat up with you.. Please!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MasterforceII: 6:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hello House,

Please how feasible is it to obtain an admission from funding from a Canadian University for winter semester? Looking to apply for winter semester (Jan 2019) and I hear they aren't as funded as their fall counterparts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sanjay01: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
Joiza:
. Plz, can you assist me with loe to serve as a sample for me and a guide while writing my own(sammydoyin@gmail.com)

Hello everyone. I've been a silent follower of this thread I must say you guys are doing an excellent job. I feel like a guru already grin

I have a BSc in industry chemistry.....Nigeria, MSc in the science of occupational HSE....UK. I currently own a business in the fashion industry.
I got admission for an 2yr MBA program in Canada for January 2018 but had to defer to may 2018

Online application 29th January 2018
Biometrics 2nd February
Medical mail 1 March
Medicals done 6th march
Medicals passed 12th march
Approval/PPR 22nd march

Documents submitted

All CIC forms
Conditional offer of admission
1st semesters tuition (requested by the university)
Unofficial transcript (BSc&MSc)
SOA from my dad
Proof of CAC registration
Curriculum vitae and all Certificates mentioned on my CV
Detailed LOE
I used my Hubby as home ties.

Thanks to this fourm as I always thought it was very difficult to obtain a Canadian study permit as I've had friends that where denied. I tought it was only achievable if you use an agent. smiley

Plz, can you assist me with loe to serve as a sample for me and a guide while writing my own(sammydoyin@gmail.com)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sanjay01: 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
Joiza:
Hello everyone. I've been a silent follower of this thread I must say you guys are doing an excellent job. I feel like a guru already grin

I have a BSc in industry chemistry.....Nigeria, MSc in the science of occupational HSE....UK. I currently own a business in the fashion industry.
I got admission for an 2yr MBA program in Canada for January 2018 but had to defer to may 2018

Online application 29th January 2018
Biometrics 2nd February
Medical mail 1 March
Medicals done 6th march
Medicals passed 12th march
Approval/PPR 22nd march

Documents submitted

All CIC forms
Conditional offer of admission
1st semesters tuition (requested by the university)
Unofficial transcript (BSc&MSc)
SOA from my dad
Proof of CAC registration
Curriculum vitae and all Certificates mentioned on my CV
Detailed LOE
I used my Hubby as home ties.

Thanks to this fourm as I always thought it was very difficult to obtain a Canadian study permit as I've had friends that where denied. I tought it was only achievable if you use an agent. smiley

Plz, can you assist me with loe to serve as a sample for me and a guide while writing my own (sammydoyin@gmail.com). My case is just like urs. pls i need that LOE . thanks and congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
Linzo:
Please house I a question, can someone travel to Canada 3months to the commencement of his/her studies if you get your visa approved early? A friend told its possible but I want to here direct from gurus with experience.
Please somebody should treat
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 11:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
Nope it's not possible. It's either u do upfront medicals or u wait for CIC request for medicals. Medicals will surely be done before ur TRV is approved
Flawlessheyi:
Is possible not to do medical and still have TRV approved?
What is the difference between CALA or GHAN in tracking number is?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 11:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hello house, please hope a 12 page SOP/LOE isn't too much . Please note this is my 3rd application . So I patiently and really tackled the four reasons my previous application was refused . This is the reason for my 12 page SOP. So I hope this won't be much for an SOP. I will appreciate ur response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bayocanny: 12:10am On Mar 26, 2018
hustla:

Most times, it's better to have than to not have.
For schools that do not say it's compulsory, you'll come off as better than another person who's applying without ielts

When I wanted To apply to lambton for instance, someone that applied with Ielts got selected and I wasn't.. I wrote countless emails to them explaining that I studied in English and even studied mass communication to no avail. My school even wrote them, same response

That's what made me write Ielts that time..

I haven't reapplied since though
What's up bro its been a while
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bayocanny: 12:15am On Mar 26, 2018
MasterforceII:
Hello House,

Please how feasible is it to obtain an admission from funding from a Canadian University for winter semester? Looking to apply for winter semester (Jan 2019) and I hear they aren't as funded as their fall counterparts
Fall semester is your best bet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 1:00am On Mar 26, 2018
bayocanny:

What's up bro its been a while

Bro I'm okay
How's it Going?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 1:00am On Mar 26, 2018
makano:
Hello house, please hope a 12 page SOP/LOE isn't too much . Please note this is my 3rd application . So I patiently and really tackled the four reasons my previous application was refused . This is the reason for my 12 page SOP. So I hope this won't be much for an SOP. I will appreciate ur response.

Lol kuku publish book give them grin
Una dey vex o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 1:02am On Mar 26, 2018
CATESTIMONYMIDE:

fanshawe college.
How did you go about your application?
After submitting my application , i was later refer to contact an agent.

I have not applied o, but would try and do that this week.. ..Please what documents did you scan and submit to fanshawe college? Expecting your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Posam1: 6:30am On Mar 26, 2018
Good day everyone...I’m a silent follower of this thread and I hope to get my trv on my next application I was refused twice ...All I want to know is how do I show the visa officer my sponsor whom is not related to me is sponsoring my education in Canada for my higher level education!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:53am On Mar 26, 2018
Linzo:
Please house I a question, can someone travel to Canada 3months to the commencement of his/her studies if you get your visa approved early? A friend told its possible but I want to here direct from gurus with experience.

Yes you are set! It's possible and many have done it. Just be prepared to have a coherent answer if the officer at POE asks you why you are showing up early. Perhaps to get acclimated to your new environment before the school starts? Don't take up employment cos of you do, the records can come to bite you in the buttocks when you apply for PR or work permit later to remain in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omisyk(m): 6:57am On Mar 26, 2018
Hello house, i got a scholarship from the king in my town, i already applied for a course and got admitted (PGD). My question now is what are the documents i will need to get from my king to process my TRV. What are the points i should raise in my SOP, do i still need to submit my SOA,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:25am On Mar 26, 2018
faroouqq:
Hi guys..

Happy Sunday..

1.My sponsor wants to transfer money from his domiciliary account to mine...his main account is with first bank where he also has other investments...so my question is do I also request for statement of account of his domiciliary account after collect the one for his main account??

2. Concerning the waec result to be submitted.. Do I go to my school to collect my waec result or I can submit the one I printed online

Thanks.

You do not need your sponsor's account. Just a letter of support and declaration from him that he would be your sponsor and that he has already taken a step to transfer one year accommodation and living expenses in exportable form into your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:25am On Mar 26, 2018
faroouqq:
Hi guys..

Happy Sunday..

Thanks.

You do not need your sponsor's dormiciliary account. Just a letter of support and declaration from him that he would be your sponsor and that he has already taken a step to transfer one year accommodation and living expenses in exportable form into your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:29am On Mar 26, 2018
omisyk:
Hello house, i got a scholarship from the king in my town, i already applied for a course and got admitted (PGD). My question now is what are the documents i will need to get from my king to process my TRV. What are the points i should raise in my SOP, do i still need to submit my SOA,

Your Kings declaration and why he has selected you out of all your town or village people to sponsor. Your King's bank statement proving he has such a money for an undertaking! Evidence that you would return to Nigeria. Explanation for why PGD instead of masters. Yes you will need to enclose your own SOA if you have plenty money. That can help in terms of asset ties. But if you have no or little money, I will advice you stay silent on your own SOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 26, 2018
Okay thank you very much....what about the second question about the waec result..can I submit the printed one...

jnyuwa02:

You do not need your sponsor's dormiciliary account. Just a letter of support and declaration from him that he would be your sponsor and that he has already taken a step to transfer one year accommodation and living expenses in exportable form into your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:32am On Mar 26, 2018
faroouqq:
Okay thank you very much....what about the second question about the waec result..can I submit the printed one...

Sorry I skipped the question. Yes you can include a print out. But if going for a masters or PGD, Waec result not necessary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by classiquestan: 10:08am On Mar 26, 2018
Greetings to everyone,
Please I don't if anyone that applied for MSc program in Memorial University for 2018 fall has received any feedback on their admission status.
I applied for M.Eng Electrical Engineering since November 2017 and I'm yet to get any feedback.

I need info please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 10:22am On Mar 26, 2018
Good morning beautiful people. Durham college applicant in the house ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 11:20am On Mar 26, 2018
classiquestan:
Greetings to everyone,
Please I don't if anyone that applied for MSc program in Memorial University for 2018 fall has received any feedback on their admission status.
I applied for M.Eng Electrical Engineering since November 2017 and I'm yet to get any feedback.

I need info please.

I got feedback from them in December last year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omisyk(m): 11:26am On Mar 26, 2018
I actually applied for Msc but i was offered admission for PGD, my first degree was PSYCHOLOGY and i applied for MSc in RURAL DEVELOPMENT but offered admission for PGD RURAL DEVELOPMENT, How do i explain this as to why am going for PGD in my SOP.

As per the evidence :. Am married with a kid, i have landed property and substantial amount in my account.

Also how do tuition fee, how will the scholarship be paid
jnyuwa02:

Your Kings declaration and why he has selected you out of all your town or village people to sponsor. Your King's bank statement proving he has such a money for an undertaking! Evidence that you would return to Nigeria. Explanation for why PGD instead of masters. Yes you will need to enclose your own SOA if you have plenty money. That can help in terms of asset ties. But if you have no or little money, I will advice you stay silent on your own SOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
omisyk:
I actually applied for Msc but i was offered admission for PGD, my first degree was PSYCHOLOGY and i applied for MSc in RURAL DEVELOPMENT but offered admission for PGD RURAL DEVELOPMENT, How do i explain this as to why am going for PGD in my SOP.

As per the evidence :. Am married with a kid, i have landed property and substantial amount in my account.

Also how do tuition fee, how will the scholarship be paid

Tell the VO you applied for masters, but the school gave you PGD. Tell VO you would go on to do a masters and are interested in rural development so you can come back to the rural people who gave you the scholarship to help them with developmental issues. Not just your rural community, but nationwide. That as a product of a rural area yourself, that you walked a mile in their shoes, are keenly passionate in government policy work and is the best person to bring rural reform to your people and Nigeria. The scholarship payment is between you and your king. He could pay your tuition directly to the school and you enclose the receipt to the VO. That would help you greatly. And don't forget to articulate why he singled you out of all your village people for this offer. Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
matic12:

My bro... I misplaced your number.... It's me matic12....Need to chat up with you.. Please!!!
matic12,
It's been a while my boss. Pm me Sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.