Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787942 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Joiza:
Hello everyone. I've been a silent follower of this thread I must say you guys are doing an excellent job. I feel like a guru already grin

I have a BSc in industry chemistry.....Nigeria, MSc in the science of occupational HSE....UK. I currently own a business in the fashion industry.
I got admission for an 2yr MBA program in Canada for January 2018 but had to defer to may 2018

Online application 29th January 2018
Biometrics 2nd February
Medical mail 1 March
Medicals done 6th march
Medicals passed 12th march
Approval/PPR 22nd march

Documents submitted

All CIC forms
Conditional offer of admission
1st semesters tuition (requested by the university)
Unofficial transcript (BSc&MSc)
SOA from my dad
Proof of CAC registration
Curriculum vitae and all Certificates mentioned on my CV
Detailed LOE
I used my Hubby as home ties.

Thanks to this fourm as I always thought it was very difficult to obtain a Canadian study permit as I've had friends that where denied. I tought it was only achievable if you use an agent. smiley

Joiza,

This is great. I'm happy you benefited from this great forum. Congratulations!!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Joiza: 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Joiza,

This is great. I'm happy you benefited from this great forum. Congratulations!!!

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chrislong(m): 12:22am On Mar 24, 2018
Please i need someone whos a current student of MUN and anyone admitted to the PGD program at MUN. It's quite important. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 24, 2018
Austinpee4:

......And it is the applicant that will bear the brunt at the end of the day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 24, 2018
Joiza:

Congrats!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:46am On Mar 24, 2018
GlitteringStar:

......And it is the applicant that will bear the brunt at the end of the day.

There are good agents and bad ones like anything in life. I feel like the talks here about agents lumped all agents as bad. If you used an agent, it's important to disclose on questionnaire if paper route, that you used an agent. So that if agent screws you up, on reapplication you can blame everything on an agent and still be believed for it. You dig a deep hole for yourself that you cannot come out from if you used an agent and refuse to disclose that you used an agent. If denied and you reapply, VOs won't believe you if you blame everything on agent when you did not have the integrity in the first place to disclose that you used an agent. If you want to use an agent check up on their reputations first from independent sources or better, do the application yourself if you have time, gleaning advice from forums like Nairaland and CanadaVisa. Best!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ggetter50: 8:01am On Mar 24, 2018
Joiza:
Hello everyone. I've been a silent follower of this thread I must say you guys are doing an excellent job. I feel like a guru already grin

I have a BSc in industry chemistry.....Nigeria, MSc in the science of occupational HSE....UK. I currently own a business in the fashion industry.
I got admission for an 2yr MBA program in Canada for January 2018 but had to defer to may 2018

Biometrics 2nd February
Medical mail 1 March
Medicals done 6th march
Approval/PPR 22nd march

Documents submitted

All CIC forms
SOA from my dad
Detailed LOE

Thanks to this fourm as I always thought it was very difficult to obtain a Canadian study permit as I've had friends that where denied. I tought it was only achievable if you use an agent. smiley

Congratulations, Joiza. All the best.

Please, can you tell us the condition to your admission? Because I could see that, many people have argued here about using conditional/Unconditional letter of admission for TRV application.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 24, 2018
Joiza,

Plz, can you assist me with loe to serve as a sample for me and a guide while writing my own
olugere@gmail.com

Frankrobbn1:

Joiza,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 8:51am On Mar 24, 2018
ayo993:
hello, please how much is university of saskatchewa school fees for september 2018 also has anyone gotten admission into department of agric economics. thank you
$5908.50 per one academic year for graduate studies. I have been recommended for admission by the department but I'm yet to get my official admission letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

#IamTeamDoItYourself
smiley

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 8:57am On Mar 24, 2018
Congratulation!!!
Joiza:

Biometrics 2nd February
Medical mail 1 March
Medicals done 6th march
Approval/PPR 22nd march

Documents submitted

All CIC forms
SOA from my dad
Detailed LOE

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 24, 2018
Joiza,

Plz, can you assist me with LOE to serve as a sample for me and a guide while writing my own
olugere@gmail.com

Plz in the area of CAC certificates you put, what relationship does it have, because I have a registered company too with CAC certificates but I do not have money in the account, though am the signatory to account of the limited company, also am the chairman of the company and also am one of the directors

Joiza:

Biometrics 2nd February
Medical mail 1 March
Medicals done 6th march
Approval/PPR 22nd march

Documents submitted

All CIC forms
SOA from my dad
Detailed LOE

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Joiza: 10:25am On Mar 24, 2018
Ggetter50:

Congratulations, Joiza. All the best.

Please, can you tell us the condition to your admission? Because I could see that, many people have argued here about using conditional/Unconditional letter of admission for TRV application.

Thanks.

Thank you!
Conditions were to submit official transcripts and pay 1st semester tuition. I mentioned in my LOE that I had fulfilled these conditions and was awaiting an unconditional offer. I Mention that I would send it when received but I did not. They approved without requesting for an unconditional offer.
I had received my offer a week after application so it was available if they had requested for it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Joiza: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2018
olugere:
Joiza,

Plz, can you assist me with LOE to serve as a sample for me and a guide while writing my own
olugere@gmail.com

Plz in the area of CAC certificates you put, what relationship does it have, because I have a registered company too with CAC certificates but I do not have money in the account, though am the signatory to account of the limited company, also am the chairman of the company and also am one of the directors

I sent it as part of my supporting documents since I had mentioned it in my LOE.
Funny enough I didn't have my certificate so I sent a screen shot of my online page that showed approval just as evidence. I guess they were ok with that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 24, 2018
Joiza congratulations

Plz, can you assist me with LOE to serve as a sample for me and a guide while writing my own LOE
send it to pls
olugere@gmail.com

So, you mean you did not mention the bank account statement or the account balance of your CAC certificates company you used.

You did not tell us about yourself sponsor amount in bank

Joiza:

I sent it as part of my supporting documents since I had mentioned it in my LOE.
Funny enough I didn't have my certificate so I sent a screen shot of my online page that showed approval just as evidence. I guess they were ok with that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kceecool(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2018
Good day admins and every other persons here,
attached is a coy of my GCMS notes showing the reasons while i was rejected.
please i will be needing directions as am about applying again, but this time witha different sponsor.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 11:11am On Mar 24, 2018
kceecool:
please i will be needing directions as am about applying again, but this time witha different sponsor.
What's the details in the new sponsors account. Read few pages back to know what can be classified as a lump sum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bieber78: 11:38am On Mar 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

OFFICIALAEL,
You need to show proof of funds for your first year of studies not for the entire period of stay in Canada. So while filling the IMM form your tuition should be for your first year not for the whole program.
Room and board can be 10,000CAD, while others should be 2,000CAD......
Funds available for your stay in Canada should be the total amount of your tuition, room and board and others = Funds available for your stay.
But, I prefer adding 2KCAD extra to the funds available for my stay after adding up the above figure.
Be guided properly.

All the best!

But bro when filling the CIC forms I only saw tuition and funds available for stay
I put 12000 for tuition fees and under funds available for stay I put 12,000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 11:48am On Mar 24, 2018
Hello people. Please I beg I need advice urgently, biko, kindly treat my issue:
I have been offered a Ph.d admission(with funding) in Concordia University. For trv applicatn, do I still need to provide a sponsor's statement of account? If yes, lik how shld be in d person's accnt? Also like how much shld I have in my account as well?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nogara: 11:48am On Mar 24, 2018
Thanks bro.
I sent them a mail detailing the circumstances surrounding the event of my later submission of transcript to them and also let them kmow the transcript was already at their door post. This was acknowledged and my admission application was reinstated immediately.
Thanks for your input and advise.
jnyuwa02:

So sorry buddy!! Why did you not upload to the portal directly before an official transcript reaches them? They are very strict and tardiness in submission is a negative against your application. I will advice you send a letter asking reconsideration based on extenuating circumstances of mail delay. If you have a tracking number so they know it was circumstances beyond your control, enclose it. Send the reconsideration request to the person who signed the letter of rejection.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by eerdesh: 11:56am On Mar 24, 2018
Good day every one, i also happen to be a silent reader but i have a question to ask. I received an email from dalhousie University yesterday afternoon telling me that due to some necessary courses missing in my transcript i have been recommended for a qualifying year admission in which i will do those missing courses in their uni then enroll for Msc proper the following year after passing those courses. Still awaiting the official offer letter though. My question now is, is this program recognized by the Canadian embassy and worthy of a study permit? I'm really scared guys. Would appreciate if any one can shed more light on this. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2018
Please help me with this

jydorchem:
I have been offered a Ph.d admission(with funding) in Concordia University. For trv applicatn, do I still need to provide a sponsor's statement of account? If yes, lik how shld be in d person's accnt? Also like how much shld I have in my account as well?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
jydorchem:

Please help me with this

what is the worth of the funding?

What is your tuition per year?

You also need to consider the 10k cad living expenses per year

You also need to show initial take off grant for ticket and all.

jydorchem:
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bieber78: 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2018
Please does that fill the CIC study permit
In the section of tuition fees , what else is written there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2018
The funding includes tuition award($36k+) which covers the tuition fee for international stdnts for 8terms and a financial support of $17500 annually

WEIRDPC:

what is the worth of the funding?

What is your tuition per year?

You also need to consider the 10k cad living expenses per year

You also need to show initial take off grant for ticket and all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
Bieber78:

But bro when filling the CIC forms I only saw tuition and funds available for stay
I put 12000 for tuition fees and under funds available for stay I put 12,000
Bieber78,

Tuition fee + Room and board + Others + extra 2kCAD(if you have)
= Funds available for your stay.

So indicating just 12,000CAD which is meant for your tuition fees as funds availability for your stay___ Is wrongly filled.
But never to worry, the Visa officer might think that it wasn't intentional. Most times, it's among the reason for refusing applicant application based on insufficient funds.
Be hopeful that the visa officer overlooks this.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2018
kceecool:
kceecool,
Please use the below link to find answers to your question.

https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/26#66101611

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2018
jydorchem:

The funding includes tuition award($36k+) which covers the tuition fee for international stdnts for 8terms and a financial support of $17500 annually

jydorchem,

Go and apply for your visa. Preferably get a family member(father,mother,brother,sister, uncle, aunty) to stand as a sponsor to support your application. The balance of your personal account statement does not matter here... If you have 150k-200k above add it to your application and let your sponsor have like 4-5Million you will be fine. The essence of getting a family member as a sponsor is to show that you have family members that are doing well here in Nigeria.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
eerdesh:
Good day every one, i also happen to be a silent reader but i have a question to ask. I received an email from dalhousie University yesterday afternoon telling me that due to some necessary courses missing in my transcript i have been recommended for a qualifying year admission in which i will do those missing courses in their uni then enroll for Msc proper the following year after passing those courses. Still awaiting the official offer letter though. My question now is, is this program recognized by the Canadian embassy and worthy of a study permit? I'm really scared guys. Would appreciate if any one can shed more light on this. Thank you
eerdesh,

Go and apply for your visa. Panic no more!! As there are many applicants that have secured their TRV with conditional offer of acceptance. Once you can show proof that the conditions on your acceptance into the University can be meet, you have nothing to worry about. If it is a pre-requisite courses that are relevant to your intended program and must be taken before your enrollment into your academic program, then such courses should be shortlisted on your acceptance letter for the visa officer to understand.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2018
jydorchem:

From recent experience on this trend, people with full funding are stil required to show good financial standing. That said, i will suggest you use your statement of account with a good sum or get a sponsor with a good inflow and outflow in his account.

In my own case, my funding covers only the tuition so i only showed funding for living expenses which was not in my account.

Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
nogara:
Thanks bro.
I sent them a mail detailing the circumstances surrounding the event of my later submission of transcript to them and also let them kmow the transcript was already at their door post. This was acknowledged and my admission application was reinstated immediately.
Thanks for your input and advise.

I am glad I could help. Best wishes!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2018
jydorchem:
Thanks.

Last person with full funding I know that was approved, had 450k in his account. And another with full funding and a few millions in the bank and back up sponsor was not approved. Not so easy to tell how much money you need to have if fully funded. Present what you really have. Make sure you come off as "likable" and "genuine" in the way you present your application. With a PHD admission and full funding even without any funds, I think you have crossed a major hurdle. Don't take anything for granted though, so do the needful in writing a good SOP that outlines your educational aims and objectives, why study in Canada, why not study in Nigeria, why you would come back to Nigeria, etc. Best wishes!

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.